The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check   Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:17 pm

OK, how about a really, really weird RP using just one of the Three Machines of Extreme Cosmetic Surgery from that other RP 'Three Fabulous Toys'. It's not really related to be honest so don't worry...

Are you sitting comfortably?

Opening Post ~
A man lands soundlessly on the floor in this dark room. The only sound here is the silent shuffling of this man's feet, sweeping towards the soft glow of the monolithic machine in this room. There were server towers here in their rows upon rows, standing and humming happily to themselves. Their lights blink and fizz when they chug through the world of ones and zeros they process just to keep the monster with the glass tubes ticking over. The furnace flickers, bathing a shallow perimeter in it's warm light from the menacing, grimacing grills. The man slips past the control podium and towards a metal panel. With a click, the man pushes on the panel and it opens up. The door swings open wide and the man takes out a strange device that resembles a ball of plastic wool. He reaches in, hooking the device to something inside before pulling himself out. He closes the door before slipping back into the dark, vanishing like a ghost.

"Second time's the charm, right Tyro?" says the Black Fox. Kyrios lets his smile slit across his face as he stands at the controls for the Right to a Good Life, the powerful machine for Temporal Surgery. He watches the lines of string output on the small monitor in front of him with no comprehension of what was going on. It's not something he had to know. Digital would be handling that. Thankfully, he could trust Digital far more than the traitorous pillock that he'd hired when he requested the use of this particular machine before. Kyrios sweeps his arm, dressed in a white lab coat as he spins around to face the bound kitsune being walked towards him.
"And how has your visit to my capital been? Seen the sights?"
"Domus," Tyro said. Kyrios couldn't help but twitch at the use of that name. "There is nothing here that doesn't have your grinning face plastered over it."
"Heh...Yes, well. How about we give you a new outlook on life?" Kyrios said, crossing his arms while maintaining his smug look.
"You've already put me through this and I still managed to get back to my own life. Can't you just kill me again? Wouldn't that be easier?" Tyro said exacerbated. "A big demon to smash me into the ground?"
"No." Kyrios snapped. "What's the fun in just killing you? You are my sport, Tyro. Pursuing you keeps the monotony of my success from getting to me. I do so enjoy our games of back and forth, don't you?"
Tyro remained silent. He avoids Kyrios' mocking looks, growling quietly.
"Ah! A sore loser. Still, we can always reminisce while your new life arrives."
Tyro continues to growl at the floor tiles.

The RP takes place in the centre of Kyrios' empire, New Phylis. Here, patriotism has been turned into a religion. You hear rumours of Kyrios' loyal followers regarding the Black Fox as some sort of deity. How he liberates people and rids the enemies of the people from his lands while keeping tight control over those that seek to overthrow this great man.

In New Phylis, we get an entire gallery of fan art. Kyrios' features are hung all over the walls of this building along with each and everyone one of his many generals. There is a statue of Kyrios and Digital running from their lives from a savage, angry and vicious creature with two-white tipped tails, billowing fire at them. The black shirt will probably tell you who it's intended to be. Lady Era, Kyrios' daughter, is depicted with her paw pushing a figure in a while fox mask, pushing the face into the ashes of the volcanic landscape. This is a city that revels in a day spent in the pursuit of a better empire. The city, like hundreds after it, has been streamed lined for development and manufacture for war.

Any groups of rebels against this city of control and order would have to be invisible to be able to survive because almost every citizen here would turn them in within a heart beat. They say, that the only one that currently exists has been run by the only man that knows the city well enough to hide in it: Patrick Jerrod Wednesday Lombard.

Let me tell you about the Lombard Family. For generations they have been the right hand men and women for Kyrios. A special family that are all groomed for the position of high commander of the purple armoured army. They are all expected to take on this position ever since the first Lombard took up the position and title. Granted, not all of these people get to survive till forty but they have all been loyal and dependable to the empire.

All except one.

Patrick Lombard was in the position for eight years and is the only member of the family to quit his position. While out in the middle of a battlefield, he told Kyrios to shove his latest orders "up his bulbous and putrid arse". This was right before a tsunami hit the shores and wiped the still battling forces off their feet and across the land. Not that this stopped the battle however. Lombard hasn't been seen ever since.

Until now of course.

Now, your character's are the latest victims to be fed into the Right to A Good Life along with Tyro. The Right to A Good Life has the intention of swapping the very lives and chronological impact upon the world between two people. You literally swap lives with another person, surgically. There a difference here, however. The machine's area of effect exploded into the room between each and every person within the room and cascading over and over, the effects resulting in a strange world of colours and lights as the hulking machine seems to churn it's internals. You all walk outside. All of you.

There are now various new instances of all the characters. Depending on who was caught in the machine's field of effect, there is now a version of you that has lived that life. Maybe there is now a version of your character that has walked through Tyro's life. Or maybe there is a version of your character that has spent years at the help of the empire. Standing with you, just as shocked as you are to see them.

As a new danger rises to take the reigns of the empire, you must learn to co-operate with your newly found doppelgänger. Good luck...

Any interest, ideas or help making this better, please offer it up. I'll happily consider it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check   Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:21 pm

This sounds fun. It may help with my writer's block. ^-^
Back to top Go down

Multiple Instances of You - Interest Check
Page 1 of 1