The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Alchemy: Be This For The People?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 am

At around 4:30, Wolf finally came home, grumbling. "Weirdest questioning I've ever received..." He then checked around, wondering if Scott had gone home.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:53 am

Scott had yet to go home, and as a matter of fact felt like she had barely started on any of the cleaning she was supposed to do. She was still hard at work, though finished with a couple of rooms already.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:41 am

Artemis walked into his room, collapsing onto the bed and grumbling into the pillow. He pulled off his jacket and yawned. "So, you're still here, huh? You should get some sleep."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:11 am

Scott stopped and looked at the clock. "It isn't that late," she said, leaning on her broom. "I wanted to actually get some work done while I was here today, rather than wait until tomorrow . . ."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:46 pm

Wolf smiled. "I see. That makes sense, but you can rest some, if you like. Don't work yourself to your grave."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:22 pm

"Trust me. I've done just about every sort of job there is. If I was going to work myself to death, it would have been through any of those. Cleaning's pretty easy in comparison to the rest." Scott laughed softly and brushed some ruffled hair out of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 pm

"I see, then. Well, I'm going to go downstairs and make something to eat. Do you want anything?" Wolf tilted his head lightly to the side, watching the sun begin to set, slowly but surely, and gave a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm

"No, no . . . I think I've already gone over the 'me and other people's food and money' policy already," Scott replied, giving a bit of an amused smirk. "I'll finish up in here and head out, I think."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:45 pm

Wolf shook his head. "It won't be for free, Scott. You'll be paying for whatever I cook up."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 pm

"I'd say you sounded like a jerk if I wasn't pretty much asking for that." Scott laughed and shook her head again. "No, don't worry about it. I'll get something to eat on the way back to the inn."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Wolf nodded. "I see. Well, if that's how you want it."

[The next day]

Entering the grounds for the field exam, Wolf was impressed with what they'd managed to cook up. Yawning, he walked forward into a zone filled with ice, water, trees, hills at least 15 feet high, and the like. Quietly, the young alchemist watched as others went, formed circles, and did their work. Some became exhausted immediately after, but some came up with very unimpressive things.

In the end, it was between Wolf and one other person. The other went first, forming a tower of ice. Wolf merely shrugged, and the man went on. He then lifted a heavy hammer formed from the earth and swung at the tower, causing it to shatter into many fragments. Gathering the pieces of ice, the alchemist used them and the earthen hammer to form what appeared to be some sort golem, which stood for a moment before melting into a puddle due to the ice and earth becoming mud. Then, Wolf stepped in front of the alchemist, hoping to get this over with. Forming a transmutation circle, Wolf placed his hands on the circle after felling a few trees, watching the transmutation form a floating olive branch. "Alchemists, be thou for the people..." he muttered.

[One hour later]

Sitting outside, Wolf was in shock. He was in complete and utter shock. How he'd passed, he wasn't sure. But it had happened, and now he didn't know what to do with himself.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Scott couldn't help a certain odd feeling of eagerness as she left the inn and began making her way back to the estate. There was some measure of thrill to reporting for a first official day of work--even if it was just cleaning somebody's enormous house. But she couldn't argue. Pay was pay, and she needed it now more than ever.

As she made her way toward the estate, she passed by the headquarters building where Wolf sat outside. Rather than continuing to the estate when the owner was clearly not home, she paused. "Um, hey," she said slowly. "I was just heading up to work. What're you doing out here?"
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Wolf just stared at Scott, and managed to get out the words "I passed" before looking to the sky. "I can't believe I actually passed..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:44 pm

"You look more traumatized than joyful." Still, Scott smiled a little. "Well, either way, congratulations. That's a pretty big honor, with how big the turnout was and everything." She kept any other remarks about working for the military to herself, knowing the inappropriateness of the negative comments.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Wolf nodded. "Yeah. I'm supposed to go pick up my pocket watch in a bit. Not to mention, it's rumored that I've already been granted my second name."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:35 pm

"Well, that's good to hear." Scott shuffled a little bit from one foot to the other, trying to think of words to maintain the conversation. "What kind of name do you think you'll get?"
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Wolf stood, heading home. "Beats me. You never know with these people." He grumbled, stretching. "I wonder what I should have for lunch..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm

"I don't know." Scott looked around again, then shoved her hands in her coat pockets. "So . . . do you just want me to head up to your house to get started, or . . . ?"
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:11 pm

[Where's that person who wanted to join?]

Wolf waved a hand casually. "Yeah, that'd be nice. It's payday, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:16 pm

((I don't know. She hasn't even been on the site in about two weeks or so . . .))

"Alrighty then." Feeling a little odd about the idea of going into someone's empty home, Scott turned on one heel to head off. "Guess I'll see you later then . . ."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:17 pm

[For once, I quit my own rp. It just feels pointless without more people.]
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:02 pm

((Ack. Well, alright then.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alchemy: Be This For The People?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3