The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Alchemy: BTFTP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

Alchemy: BTFTP Empty
PostSubject: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:54 pm

This is the interest check (though we normally just use OOC sign up threads where I come from) for Alchemy: Be This For The People?, an rp based off FullMetal Alchemist [The anime, not the manga].

This'll take place in the same world as FMA, but it won't involve any people from the series or the manga. Thus, those who participate are allowed to shape things to their will. Of course, the State still bars Human Transmutation, Gold Transmutation, and disobeying the military when it comes to State Alchemists, but that's a given.

In this world, there exists a science called alchemy. Originally studied to turn lead to gold, it is now used by many people all over the world for many different things, from creating statues to warfare usage. In this world, there exists a large area known as Amestris, otherwise called 'The State'. At the center is its capital, Central, home to the mighty State Alchemists, the military's 'Human Weapons'. They are the State's attack dogs, sent in when no other force will do, or when the job just needs to be done and over as quickly as possible.

To be a State Alchemist, one must take a National Alchemy Exam. Exam is a literal term, since nearly 2000 people or so come to take the test, but rarely even 50 pass and become State Alchemists.

Alchemists in general also follow two single mottos. "All is one. One is all."...And "Alchemists, be you for the people." But the question is, is alchemy really for the people? Or has it corrupted all that is good in human beings?

Welcome to the world of Alchemy.

Name:

Job (You need not be an alchemist, or even a State Alchemist. Ya could just be a 'housewife', like Izumi was.):

Rank (This is if you're in the military. And yes, promotions will be provided for those who work hard enough. Please put the full rank name, then the shortened version, so there won't have to be so much typing.):

Second Name (If you're a State Alchemist):

Appearance:

Personality and Bio aren't needed, but you can put them if ya want. I'd prefer for us to learn each other's personalities and life stories, but it's your decison.

Name: Wolf Hamilton (Wolf is his name by birth, not a nickname. It's even on his birth certificate.)
Job: State Alchemist Examinee (meaning he's taking the exam)
Second Name: Has to pass the exam (Name will be 'Weeping Wind')
Appearance:
Alchemy: BTFTP 1218628048_9950_full
Family: None except a picture of his dead little sister, which he talks to from time to time.

Personality: He may act high and mighty, and tends to keep to himself, but Wolf has a fierce loyalty and determination to help others. In his eyes, there is no person who is not worth saving. Tends to be very good with children, even though he has none of his own.

Bio: Born in Rezenbool, but raised in Central, he has the gentle love of nature from his hometown and uses formal language from Central. He was always very quiet after the murder of his family by a serial killer who has gone without a name. The killer was caught before he could finish the job, and Wolf went to an orphanage on his 9th birthday, the day after the murders. He despised his father, who joined the State Alchemists just so he could kill someone when he wanted, and his mother had passed away years before, when Wolf was only a month old, hardly enough time to form any memories. His most beloved family member was his little sister, Mitsune, though everyone in the family often called her Kitsune because she loved to play tricks with her brother like a little fox pup. Wolf fondly called her 'Kit-Kat', or sometimes just 'Kit'.

Ironically, when Wolf entered the orphanage, he began to study alchemy under the nun who worked there, believing that by the powers of science, he could save people from the fate he had suffered. He knows that becoming a State Alchemist will make him one of the nation's guard dogs, but he's not afraid to disobey orders if he feels they are morally wrong. Currently, he is preparing to take the first part of the S.A.N.E., or State Alchemist National Exam. He has no friends, that he knows of, but apparently has a few admirers, even among the State Alchemists and the rest of the military, for his bravery to face whatever darkness lays ahead
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:46 am

Oooh. FMA roleplay. YES.

>_>

Name: Scott Collins
Job: Freelance--anything she can find

Appearance: Dark brown hair, tied back into a ponytail or a braid most of the time, that reaches to her a little past her shoulders, and chin-length bangs. Brown eyes, round black glasses. Pale-skinned, stands about 5'4, average weight and muscle.

Scott prefers to wear baggy clothes that are easier to move around in--and that get her mistaken for being a boy. Loose jeans and cargo pants, t-shirts, and a dark green jacket typically make up her ensemble. She also wears a pair of black fingerless gloves with transmutation arrays stitched on the backs of them.

Personality: Scott likes to keep to herself. It's easier. She's not incapable of hanging around other people, but at first impressions she can come off as antisocial and cynical. She is, but once one gets to know her, she can be extremely easygoing and shown to be more of a risk-taker than most teenagers her age may be. Still, she knows how to think through a situation before jumping to conclusions, and her tendency to be logical can be found annoying for other people.

Bio: Scott left home at the age of thirteen. She was born and raised in a small town. Her mother died in childbirth and she was raised by her father, whom she grew to despise in her later years. Due to his restrictive rule, and later abusive tendencies, Scott saved up enough money to leave and go to Central. She's been trying to keep up on her own. It's a pitiful existence, hopping between inns and working for hire, but she's determined to make it on her own so that she doesn't have to go back to live with her father, who still lives at home. There's no way she intends to go back until she runs out of every last cen and is dying on the streets, as she would say.

Scott has also been studying alchemy for the past few years on her own, something else her father disliked. She's fairly adept at it, and specializes in lightning and electricity. However, its primary use as of late has just been fixing things.

Last edited by Syldoran on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Glad you like the idea. I'll wait for at least one other person to come in.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm really hoping we get someone else then. .___.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:47 pm

Forget it, let's just start now.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Yay~
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Ok, IC is up. Not sure if I put it in the right place or not.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:59 pm

It should be fine for now. If nobody else wants to join within the next couple of days, it can get moved to the private section.
Back to top Go down
mysticaldragonmagic
Critic
Critic
mysticaldragonmagic

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:16 pm

Still wanting someone to play?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Sure. I'm not sure how Avalon feels, might have to wait on him, but I certainly don't mind having someone else along even now.
Back to top Go down
mysticaldragonmagic
Critic
Critic
mysticaldragonmagic

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Alrighty then, I'll wait for Avalon.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:57 pm

The thing you gotta realize about me is that I don't do what most people do, the whole 'after {insert number here} people sign up, I'm closing the OOC' thing. I like it when lots of people are in an rp. So join away!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: BTFTP   Alchemy: BTFTP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alchemy: BTFTP
Page 1 of 1