The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Its the Movies people!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Its the Movies people! Empty
PostSubject: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:05 pm

This is to talk about any and all movies, tah dah, simple right.

I just saw Cirque Du Freak: Vampire's Assistant
It was funny and a little corny, not what I thought it would be like at all. It had everyone in my theater laughing at certain points and my friends and I the hardest. The opening credits seemed a litte long though and made me think the movie would be different, as in me getting freaked out or something like that rather then laughing at the movie. The movie was really good and I would suggest to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:19 pm

I've been doubtful of that movie. Thanks to Twilight, vampires have just been done to death and I'm skeptical. But who knows, it could be as good as you say. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Thankfully it was nothing like the twilight series at all, ugh that series ruined vampires for me too. I was worried about that as well. Actually I liked it mostly because of the humor in it, they do change a little of the traditional vampire myth, but barely, and not as much as Myer did, they don't sparkle at all in this movie.

It was funny, had action, and had an actual plot that moved instead of rolling in circles of blahness, and a lot of other parts that would make a good book/movie. personally I liked the funny. It did have small scary scenes in it but it was nothing like todays horror where its kill the person and get really bloody.

Good movie, in my personal opinion, if anyone takes offense then that's your opinion, there is no need for a heated arguement about this movie, it was purely entertainment.

Unlike Twilight which was a waste of time and money
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:55 pm

I agree Dreamer, Cirque de Freak was pretty good. I just saw it last night, and I was impressed. I was a little worried about a new vampire film, but I think they did a good job. It was really funny, while still having dark moments for the more mature fans. And besides, any vamp that doesn't sparkle is an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Hm. I really want to go see this now. X3 Now that I'm assured it wasn't just a Twilight knockoff to make money quick.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:46 pm

Watching Kill Bill vol 1

Weird movie effects go all over the place.
Never watched the whole thing but I'm guessing this is the end
Lucy Lu's character is about to kill the blonde.
Its weird but I can sort of guess the plot.
Why would a person fight in a white kimono anyway?
oh well
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:22 pm

I GOT UP ON DVD
granted it's rented from Blockbuster Sad
BUT STILL ITS UP AND ITS CUTE AND DISNEY/PIXAR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:36 pm

oooooo girl, i'm gonna watch that with you tonight! woohoo! SQUIRRL!...hi there. Its the Movies people! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:43 pm

I have the sudden urge to watch Dogma. Anyone else seen that?

It's so bad when you listen to it but it's so funny. X3
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Never seen it, I know you said it was bad but funny

is it good though? like in a corny way or special effects, what's it about?
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 pm

It's a good movie. It's about Angels, kinda. And it has Alan Rickman in it!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:21 pm

ALAN RICKMAN FTW. 8D

To answer your question, Dreamer, it's basically about these two angels who were banished from Heaven for screwing around and stuff. They figure if they go to this church opening, they can ascend back to Heaven. However, that'll undo all of creation, so a Catholic woman is sent by Alan Rickman/another angel to stop them. And also, this guy is trying to kill God because She (yes, She) came down to Earth for awhile and wound up having to be mortal to do so.

That should cover the basics. XD

Good movie. So much swearing and stuff and it takes a few jabs at religion, but it's great.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:21 pm

oh, sounds intresting, wonder if I can get it at blockbuster
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Probably. It's pretty popular, I believe. It has some good names in it. Like the aforementioned Alan Rickman, and Matt Damon and others I can't think of.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Ben Affleck too. He plays the crazy one, I think. >3>
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:13 pm

I just saw How to Train Your Dragon today, it was really cute, I liked it a lot, maybe not the people next to me who were watching it, but the movie was cute. There was really funny parts that made the room laugh and then there were also a lot of cute parts of the movie. It makes me want to read the book actually, which most people fear for it being too different. We have to keep Azorath away from Dragon Nip now lol
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:39 pm

OH MY GOD ALICE IN WONDERLAND WAS SO GOOD MY EYES BURNED OUT I HOPE I AM TYPING THIS IN THE RIGHT SPOT
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 pm

yep you are, I heard it was really good but you shouldn't take smaller kids, but then others were like its fine, what do you think. I haven't seen it yet but was it really good, I've heard mixed reviews
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:29 am

I saw One For the Money, it was hilariously epic. Not as epic as the book mind you but it was still epic!
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Hmmm...That sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its the Movies people!   Its the Movies people! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its the Movies people!
Page 1 of 1