The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Alchemy: Be This For The People?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Scott hesitated for a moment, then sighed inwardly and gave in. She didn't have anything else to do that afternoon. A little while longer spent in conversation couldn't possibly do any real harm.

She sat down and took off her glasses to clean on the hem of her shirt. "So . . . am I expected to give a life's story too?" she asked with a little bit of a smirk before replacing her glasses and tugging her gloves tighter on each hand.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Wolf shook his head. "No. You don't even have to talk about anything in your life, if you don't want to. Personally, I just like sitting in the silent company of friends and aquaintances. Feels nice, that it does."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

"Heh. Well, it's not as if my life's a big secret or anything. I just find it mildly amusing that we both have disagreements with our dads," Scott said. She yawned once and stifled it behind her hand. "I left home a few years ago because of mine. We really didn't see eye-to-eye and I guess my point was to prove him wrong, because he thought I couldn't take care of myself. Granted, I'm sure he wouldn't see my existence as really taking care of myself, but I'm still alive, so it counts. He never liked alchemy like I did but was a big supporter of the military . . ." She trailed off, running out of things to say. Her past wasn't quite as colorful as Wolf's.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Wolf smiled softly. "Well, you should just keep going with your life. Try to find ways to make it better, that sort of thing. Like letting me let you eat from my meal."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:00 pm

"Mm, I'm attempting. Kinda hard when I go for two weeks without finding any decent work, but I'm managing," Scott said with a dismissive sort of shrug. Then she smirked and shook her head. "And no. We discussed this already."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Wolf twitched. "I want you to eat...please?" And so he pulled out the trump card; the puppy dog eyes.

[Bed for now. Tell myst that she can join, if she hasn't read the post I made in the OOC yet.]
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 pm

Scott stared blankly back at him.

"That has never once, in all my sixteen years, worked," she said flatly. "Just so you know. I just don't feel right letting people buy things for me. I really don't know why, but food's especially bad. And then there's the fact I just met you, which makes it weirder for me."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Wolf laughed. "I'm getting this for one person. I'm just sharing is all. But fine, if you don't want it, that's ok." He smiled as the food was brought out, then set on the habachi, and he could feel his mouth water at the smell of cooking beef.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:59 pm

"Heh, I'm glad we finally agree." Scott took off her glasses to clean them yet again. They never seemed to stay clean for very long. It could get downright frustrating sometimes, but she would rather put up with it than go without. Besides, cleaning them gave her an excuse for when she couldn't think of anything else to say in a conversation--like now.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:01 am

Wolf smiled softly, flipping the beef over and munching on a few vegetables before putting them on the habachi as well. "Well, if you want a steady job with a good income, I can think of some things for you to do."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:16 am

"Like what?" Interested by the promise of pay, Scott once again replaced her glasses on her nose and looked back at Wolf. "I'm willing to do just about anything at this point if it's work."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 am

Wolf cracked up laughing, covering his mouth so a bit of beef didn't fall out. "Well, if you don't mind a huge house, you can clean my home."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:09 am

"Though I fail to understand why you think it's so funny, fine." Scott was undaunted by the idea. It couldn't be worse than any other work she had done. "I'd be more than happy to."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Wolf smiled. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. It's just the way you said 'willing to do just about anything at this point' that cracked me up." He coughed a little, and continued eating, before standing up and paying the bill, setting down about 145 cens with it. "Ok, ready to go?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:50 pm

Scott decided not to think too deeply about what Wolf may have found in her words. Instead she pretended nothing had happened. "Whenever you are," she replied, standing up as well and dusting down her jacket. She wondered if she would somehow regret taking the job. Cleaning wasn't her favorite task . . . but she couldn't afford to be picky. Work was work.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Wolf walked out of the restaurant with Scott, heading just up the road until they reached a large estate. Opening the gate, he stepped inside and into the courtyard. "Welcome to the house of Hamilton."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Scott stared up at the estate. Her expression was blank, which, in actuality, was more of a sign of her shock that exclaiming anything would have been.

"Impressive," she eventually remarked. "Well, I only feel slightly smaller now . . ."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Wolf smiled. "Well, it's not that bad. Please, come on in." Opening the front door, he led Scott inside, taking off his shoes and showing her around the rooms and halls and upstairs rooms, letting her know where everything was. Comprised of over 50 different rooms, which were in turn comprised of bathrooms that were led into by doors in some bedrooms, as well as a swimming pool, ball room, kitchen, dining room, etc. etc., the estate was actually quite large after all. "And this is your room." Said Wolf as he opened a door to a large room.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Scott followed behind Wolf in a sort of stunned silence. That kind of wealth was difficult for her to imagine, and now she was actually walking through an enormous home. What she wouldn't give to be able to live like this . . .

Thusly, she was surprised when Wolf mentioned "her room." She gained a confused expression and looked back at Wolf. "My room?" she repeated. "I'm just here to work a bit. I live in an inn, pretty much."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Wolf blinked, lowering his head and scratching the back of it, embarassed. "Oh, I see...Well, then I guess you should be here by at least 11:00 AM or so, Monday through Friday. Is that alright?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:30 pm

"Yeah, I can manage that alright." Scott was again surprised; she didn't expect anything close to a full-time job, but again, she wouldn't argue at all. A steady income was definitely better than running around town and hoping someone would give her a job. "Thanks a lot, actually."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Wolf shook his head, holding out a hand to Scott. "Be thou for the people." He simply said, before shaking her hand. "So, when would you like to get started?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Scott returned the handshake with a firm grip of her own. "Anytime that's convenient, I guess," she replied as she took her hand back. "I have no schedule other than this now, so whenever's good. I could start today if you wanted."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 pm

"Today is good." Smiling, Wolf handed Scott a broom and dust-pan, then quickly sped off. "I have to go take the second part of the exam. Get whatever you can do, then go home any time you please." Looking to the clock, which had a significant '3:45' plastered over it in digital numbers, Wolf dashed away as quickly as possible. "Crap, I'm gonna be late!"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Scott blinked once as Wolf bolted off. "'Kay," she said flatly, unsure of whether he had heard her or not. She looked between the broom and dustpan that had been shoved into her hands, sighed, and set off for the nearest room to begin. At least it didn't seem too cluttered in the house, but that didn't make it that much easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy: Be This For The People?   Alchemy: Be This For The People? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alchemy: Be This For The People?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next