The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Midnight Rose

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

She'd have to get him somewhere she could keep a good eye on him.
"Why not stay at mine?" She said, a little more anticipation and hope than she was intending. "I got room, a couple of the maids are vampires. There are enough passageways that they use to sneak around to make sure no-one finds you and you can help yourself to their blood." She flicked her eyes up to his, waiting. Eye brows rasied.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:27 pm

"That will be lovely." he said with a gentle smile. The light is fading around them into a light evening. "I can change my look, and you can say that you higher a new butler. So if my brother comes he will not know it is me. Hid in plain sight." he said with a light laugh. Then he wrap a shadow around himself then a new person is in front of her. Nickoi now has brown hair with red highlights, and gray-green eyes.

"What do you think?" he ask her about how he looks.

Nimo wakes up from his day, and smiles darkly at all of his plans are going to plan. He got out of bed and got ready for the night to come. He has new laws to make and number of meetings to go to. Maybe after he is done he may pay a visit to his lovely Toivo.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 pm

She watches the shadows pool away. Subtle changes that are under the hair and eyes. Well, at least Nimo won't recognise Nickoi. Maybe not immediately anyway. She was looking at him quisitively.
"OK. So, now you just have to wait till dark and hope that Nimo doesn't look at you for too long." A smile prevails. "You look nice and though, streaks aren't very 'butler-ry'. Not that I'd mind."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:18 pm

He only laughs lightly as the shadows of the night came closer. "I am very new butler and wanted to see if I can pull off streaks." Nickoi with humor in his voice. He runs his fingers thru his brown hair, and smiles big.

Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:35 pm

"It suits the new you." She pulls the tent's openning to the side to peak. Outside, the sun has reteated behind the trees as night stamps out the harsh light.
"Do you think we could get out of of this tent again now?"
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 pm

"Yes, lets go." he said with a smile on his face. He lead the way out of the tent, into the faded twilight. The night air feels cool on his pale skin, and he close his eyes. He take in the scents around him, wood, and number of different animals.

Nimo walks out of his room with his pale bloude hair in pontytail, and his watery blue eyes shimmers in the candlelight. He quietly watch everyone moves this way and that. A few noted who his is and bow deeply for him.

Last edited by Rosegurl1 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Thankfully, the tent was simple to take down. It had to be easy to put up too. Not everyone has a good view of the sky all the time and emergencies can be planned for with these little, thick-canvas tents. A simple shelter from the Sun's wrath.

Toivo dumps the tent in the corner of the old manor house, just in the corner before the door. Stepping out into the main hall, the stairs spiralling with sharp corners up the walls above. Almost every surface was a dark, polished wood, matched with a thick, scarlet carpet. Sort of reminiscent of a massive pub...
"Right. I think the servants' quarters are around here somewhere. A door way is behind one of those panels somewhere." She points vaguely towards the wood panels under the stairs she was rapidly walking towards. She began knocking on them, one by one.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:02 am

He watch her take down his tent easily and starts walking to her manor. She left the tent near the door then walk inside he follow her. Nickoi nodded as she knocks to find the servants' quarters, he trying to think how does a butler act. He had many in his life but he never thought about them, to him they was always there.

So he lower his eyes and act like a lower class then Toivo. Then after a few knocks a maid came out with a bow. "M'Lady. How are you this night?" the maid said with downcast eyes and in a bow, waiting for the lady to say something.

Nimo one the other hand got another glass of blood from one of his butlers, in a meeting with the nobles in his court. He is quietly listening to bickering between two nobles on the left and right of him. He rise his hand to quiet them. "I understand that bickering will not work, you two need to come to some type of agreement before I make it for you." he said with a quiet power.

Inside he is smiling and laughing at the fools around him. He has some laws that he wants to put down, but he need loyal nobles on his side before he does that.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:56 pm

"I'm very well. Thank you." A small smile and she turns to Nickoi next to her.
"This is" Somethinggoodsomethinggoodsomethingood. "Lethanyal. He will be working with you for now on has a personal butler of mine. He's starving and needs a good meal. Take him down stairs, feed him and then find him a uniform, tute-sweet!" She made a small shooing motion with her hand at the maid and Nickoi as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Then the maid bow again to the Lady False and started to lead Lethnyal (Nickoi) to the inner world of the servents. When the maid was not looking at him, he mouthed "What was that?" But he didn't see her reply, because he has to catch up with the maid. He runs his fingers thru his hair when catch up to the maid as she lead him to a little room where the food was. "Here is where we eat. Sit down I will get you something, but this will be the last time." the maid said with a manner a fact voice, as she got him a glass and packets of blood.

Nickoi sits down at the small table and then thanks the maid. When she put down the glass and packets of blood, she went into another room and came back with a uniform of red and gold. "Lady hast rules that have to be followed at all times. She will not let you be lazy and you starts after you eat." the maid said as she put down the clothes on the table. He only nodded as he drinks slowly, not overeat.

The nobles that was fighting over something came to an agreement under the eye of Nimo. He sign papers in front of him to make somethings into law. Then he writes a letter to Toivo slowly and choosing his words wisely. He smile gently as he writes.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Toivo watches Nickoi vanish into the corridor as the lid slammed shut on him. Quickly, she sprints towards the doors they just came though to look outside. The velvet dark, the silence of the wind and the lack of anything heavily armed. Good!

She then turned on a penny, darting for the nearest padded seat and collapsing within the stitching of something old and green. Didn't matter. Finally, she could make sure her mind could actually shut up.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 am

(Sorry for not being on, my internet is being a pain.)

Nickoi finish drinking his blood and when into his room to change into his uniform. He came back into the dining room. The maid look at him with a appove smile. "Human servents will do things that only can be done in the day. We do everything else and deal with all the letters, gifts." she said with same tone as before. He only nod to what she have to say. "That is all and go to the Lady to see what she needs. I have many things to do, other than watching you." she said in a clip tone.

So he move out and look for Toivo. He quietly laughs at himself serving some else. When he found her, sitting in a chair stitching something. He bow to her and move off to the side. To let her calm down after a busy day.

Nimo finish his meetings and walks to the royal jeweler in the castle. Because he is picking up a necklace of flashy gold and black onyx. The jeweler said nothing as he give the prince the necklace in a box. The pale blonde being left the room. In the hall he tie the letter he wrote to the box and then he called a page to him. "Takes this to Lady False. She is at her estate and make it quick." he said with a big smile. The page takes the idems and run off. He knows that the festival of the goddess is come soon and he wants her to be his goddess in the play.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:02 pm

(Nice. I really like the direction you've suggested Smile )

She had curled up on the chair as best as she could. Her legs had tucked up in front of her chest to keep her body as warm as possible. She'd ruffled her dress and covered a lot of it in dust or dirt. Her shoes where in a pile on the ground in front of the chair as she slept, slumped in the padding. Her hand curled around her nose as she sucked her thumb through habit....
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:13 pm

(Thank you. I was thinking how a festival for the goddess.^=^ I think that Nimo is always buying gifts for Toivo, but she sent them back.)

Nickoi quietly watch her as she sleeps. She looks like a doll on the chair, and he didn't want to move her. Then there a knock on the door and he went to see who it is. He open the door and see a page in the royal colors. "Yes?" he ask the young man. "A gift for Lady False." the boy said simply as he handed him the gift. Then the page bow and left, and he close the door. The gift is heavy and he sees that the writting on the letter is his hated younger brother.

He walks back to Toivo, and gently place the gift on the table next to her. All he want do is throw it into the wall and break it, but it is not his place to do it anymore. "My lady you must go to bed, and there is a gift from Prince Nimo. You can deal with it in the morning." the brown haired gently said to his old friend. He trying to stay in chatacer as a bulter, but it is hard.

Nimo is enjoying to fest that is lay out for him and other nobles. He quietly hope that she will keep this gift and letter. He knows that she have to come to the festival of the goddess and how the vampires came to be. Nobles of other kingdoms will be there, watching him. But he likes to fool others with his sweet outer shell.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:57 pm

"Meeehhhaaa!" She groaned as she stirred awake. She pulled the thumb from her mouth as she glanced over the box in the table. "Stop calling me Lady False when we're alone and why isn't this in the bin." She stood up with many a grumble. "Actually, could you give it to Hannah? I heard her birthday had just gone. I think she's the one that collects my dirty clothes..."Shuffling towards Nickoi, Toivo pecks his cheek before moving on, trying to remember where she was meant to go...
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm

"You never know who is watching. Also there is a letter for you from him, I wanted to throw it at the wall, but that is not a good bulter does." he said with a slight smile. "I don't know who that is. Your Headmaid is likes her job and gave me a good talking to." he said with his grey-blue eyes shimmer with delight. He gently grab her arm and lead her to her room. "You need some sleep." he said with kind tone in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:39 pm

"There's a letter? Really?" She stopped and looked back to Nickoi. "Bring the stuff and I'll take a look at it in my bed, mister close, personal butler." She giggles a little as she turns. She has to steady herself in the most ladylike way she could think off. Well, she was still up right at least, and walking.
"I always wanted to have a house-mate in this place." With slow, lethargic movements, Toivo continued to look for a place to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:21 pm

"Yes, I can always tell his handwriting." Nickoi said with a sigh. "Of course My Lady."he said with smile and bow. "I am glad to be of serves." he said with humor in his voice.He turns to get the gift and letter with poorly hidden smile playing on his face. Once he got back to her room he place the things on the nightstand by her bed. He gently hold her arm and lead her bed. Then he shut the door to the room, and close the curtins to the windows. The darkness covers the room like warm blanket, and he lit a candle so she can see.

"Get some sleep, Toi. You can deal with it when you get up." he said as he pats her hands. The brown haired being knows that she never get anything right when she is sleepy. He sees past the pale makeup to see sun warm skin, that he made him wish that he was human. He will never be human because he is born a vampire and will be all his days. All he can do is have a smile and be there for her.

Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:32 pm

There should have been a complaint there really. A fatal, doomed-to-fail reason for her to stay up and talk about stuff. Doesn't matter, just stuff. Or stall him by getting him to talk about his past. She could have opened the presents and talked about the idiot brother. They could have lied in bed and he could have let her sleep on him.

Instead, she just flopped to sleep.

oi moved in to kiss at her nape. The moan was another release of thirty years of tension being rammed out of her. Heat streaks through her and across the sheets. She drags his head towards his head with a jerk.
"Mmmm...there's a place I'd really like you to be right now. I'll make it worth your"
For some reason, her brain woke up as she moved over. She took a few blinks at the light.
"Nickoi, what time is it?"

Last edited by Tyro on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:52 am

He saw her fall into bed and she was asleep before her head hits the pillows. Nickoi gently move to a chair in the shadow of the bed. His gray-green eyes watch his Toi sleep for a few hours, and thinking of what ifs. He sees that she is have a wonderful dream about something. He knows that he dreams of her everyday, and thank his lucky stars that he had her in his life even for only a moment.

"It is only 1 in the morning." he said quiet as he move to her side. A deep part of him wants ley in bed with her, but will not until Toi ask him. He is too noble to force her to do anything.

"This has been a wonderful night. The festival of the goddess will be more wonderful than this." Nimo said to the nobles and others in his court. His watery blue eyes watch as everyone clap at what he said, and no one is going against him. They are like pippets that he can control, but his brother is the only one that can see thru his mask.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:28 pm

"Really?!" Wow, her body clock must be really messed up to be up at this bloody hour! "Oh no..." She rolled over to look up at Nickoi's light emerald eyes through her still bleary ones.
"Maybe we should try the letter. Our moron Highness might bore me back to sleep." A sly grin streaked across her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:46 am

When she turn to him, her sleepy, dark eyes look into his and he kiss her forhead. He grin that she called his brother a moron. With one hand with out looking he untie the letter from the gift and hand it to her. "Lets see what his Highness of being an arse, have to say." he said with small grin for her.

Nimo wonders where is Nickoi tonight, and hopes that he fryed in the sun. But the blonde hair being knows that his brother is smarter then that. He knows that the army of the his kingdom haven't found him, so he must be hidding in the woods or at a noble's home. He keeps this to himself, and shows a happy smile to the nobles below him.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Slow and inaccurate, her hand took the letter, tearing it open with her finger. A quick fumbling before she could begin to scan through and giggle. Yadda-yadda, blah blah, "beauty with out compare". If only she was paid every time he wrote something like this for her. Yeah, yeah, page two. And....
"Ah..." Her cobwebs subsided while her brain woke up properly. Its running on panic. "He's inviting me to the festival. He's got a float just for us."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm

He listen to the blah blah of the first page, but when it came to the second page his blood runs cold. "So he wants you to be the goddess this year. You have to go, but I can come with you. Be carefull of that snake." Nickoi said calmly for Toi sake, but inside the want to kick his younger brother's butt. He got off from his knees and sit on the bed. He grab her hand to let her know that he is here for her.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:08 am

"Well of course." She said, chucking the vile thing to the side. "Nimo is showing his usual blunt way of getting something. I can see what he wants to do a mile off. I'll have to avoid him as best as I can..." She looks up to Toivo. "What's in the box?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight Rose
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next