The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Midnight Rose

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 am

A man in the wood near an estate wearing black and dark brown rouge colthes. He also wearing soft leather boots, and the only jewelry he is wearing is a white gold key necklace from an old friend. The morning is dawning and he is setting up his camp for the day. After setting up his tent he push away he long black hair out of his grey-blue eyes. This is the former crown prince Nickoi Dormood now after the the death of his father, and the trickery by his younger brother.

Now wanted for the death of his father, he have to hid away from the eyes of the kingdom. But there is one person that he knows that will help him. He don't have an idea where she is. After setting up his makeshift camp, he got out a small thing of blood. "Heavenly mother of the night, please hear my prayer. I thank you for the many blessings, big and small. Please help your dark son in his time of need. I say in your name, Littlih. Amen." he said quietly before drinking the small thing of blood.

Nimo is sitting in the throne room of one many palaces. He drinking the finest blood from a globet, as he watch the nobles from his father's time come up one by one. Thanking him for getting rid of the traitor from the noble house of Dormood. He brush back his pale blonde hair back, and his watery blue eyes shimmer with the power that is almost his. He smiling nobly, but inside he is laughing his butt off. This old fools didn't know that fame his own brother. He has the army of the kingdom looking for his older brother.

"Page, come here." he said as he takes a letter out of his sleeve. "M'Lord." the page said with a bow. "Take this letter to Lady Toivo False, as fast as you can." said the vampire in the throne. The page take the letter and bow out of the room. It will be a manner of time that his brother will be found and killed. Then he will be king and the Lady False will be his queen.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Toivo was out for blood at this point. Although, the revolting creature swamping the throne with his odious glee, probably would only let out dust if she slit his throat now. The lump of carbon he calls a heart barely has an effect on the man. Being a Vampire has nothing to do with it. She was convinced it was shrivelled when he was alive, manfully keeping him alive. Does he have no compassion for for his Brother? Even at this time? Nickoi would never do something like this. He'd never take another's life. Why would he need to? It makes no sense.

That rank pillock had to be talked with.

As she approached the throne room in a bright, leg length dress with a black bow at the side, she barged by a guard announcing her arrival. He recovered, fulfilling his duty.
"Lady False of Maypen." He cried as Toivo paced across the room. Only the black look broke the mask her ghostly pale skin had created to her mood. She had to be professional about this.
"Your Highness," That stung. That tasted bitter. "Why have you got your men chasing Nickoi when he's completely motiveless? There is no reason further investigations should not take place so that we know the truth."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:17 am

Nickoi knows that he have to get more blood without his brother finding out, but he will deal with it after a good day sleep. He roll in to the tent and pull out the white gold key necklace. He looks at it and remember that he give her the locket. He hopes that she is wearing it now. With that hope he fall into a light sleep. He never sleep well since that night that his brother started to hunt him.

Nimo was the only woman that he wants walk into his throne room. "Ah, Lady False. We all know that my brother did it. We have pouf that he did it. My traitor brother will have to anwser to his crimes." he said with a wave of his hand. He didn't want his power to go away because they found out. He work to hard to fall now. He put down his glass of blood, and waved the woman closer.

There is something about her that he wants for his own. He looks past the dark look she is giving him to the beauty that she has. He keeps a smile on his face, but is wondering out this lovely being knows something that most of nobles don't. He will find out sooner or later because he have spyes in every noble household. "Did you give any thought to my letter?" he said in almost whisper when she is close.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:49 am

"Your Highness," More bile had to be swallowed at the utterance of those words. "Can we leave the question I have already said no too for long enough for you to know that I'm clearly not interested? The man you are chasing was next in line for the throne your sitting on. Even if he wanted the throne now, he doesn't have the character to murder. This doesn't make sense, can you see that?"
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:16 pm

He raise his eyebrow at the young thing in front of him. "Lady, I will get what I want. As for my brother he maybe acting the whole time, you will never know. You may go to your estate for a while." Nimo said with a wave of his hand. He runs his hand thru his pale hair and then yawns a bit. "It is time for me to get some sleep for the meeting tonight." he said with quiet laugh.

Then he walks out of the throne room into the hall which to go to bedroom. Once there he close the door and a dark look came over his face before he grooms come in to undress for sleep. Once they are gone he quietly go to bed and slowly fall asleep with thoughts of his damned brother of his.

Sleeping under the sun is not one of the things that most vampires have to deal with. Nickoi try to sleep under the soft light of his tent. His dark hair overs his eyes as he lightly sleeps. He dreams of happier days with Toivo in the little shire.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:30 pm

She lounged back in the chair, staring out on the lawn with a dusty book tossed to the side on the floor. Light streamed on her pale skin as she considered removing the make-up on her skin. Its common knowledge that its not a good idea to keep it on: your skin can't breathe. Its rather handy for blending in with the vampires. Her Dad doesn't visit because of them. Its the only prejudice he has, really...

Nimo's arrogant words floated around her head as she though about her next few actions.
"Lady, I will get what I want." Oh for goodness sake...The arsehole isn't going to let up, is he? Its going to be like swatting at a fly.

She'd have to go and find Nickio. Now would be a good point in the day to start looking: when he's not going to be moving anywhere. She'd have to pack some lunch or something before leaving.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Nickoi woke up from his light sleep in the tent. Then he gently hids the white gold key under his shirt again, but wishing that she can find him one day. He like the heat from the sun play on his skin, but it is too bright out for him to see clearly. That is one of the many reasons that vampires really dislike the day. So he go back to his thoughts quietly in his head.

Nimo is sleeping soundly in his bed. Dreaming of being king and his queen by his side. He looks like an angel, but he is really a devil in his own heart.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:39 pm

She poured salt in a circle, sat with five candles and a map of this kingdom of Vampires. She held out her hand, the little flames bunched in her palm and began to grow.

Why and what is Toivo doing? She's practising her trade. This is a simple spell for finding people. Its a simple little thing that should find Nickoi. According to the book next to her propped up by other books, she needs the candles as a sort of energy offering, using her own power to feed this flame. The greater the flame, the further the scope of the All-Seeing Eye.

Now, you have to understand that she can't just ask around. Its daylight for starters. You wouldn't start banging on doors or windows at midnight in a human settlement and you don't so the same in a Vampire one either. Especially if you like your blood to stay where you like to keep it. Heck, they might not even drink it...Plus, even if everyone was awake, there's no way of knowing how Nimo will react at this point. If she's asking questions about Nickoi's whereabouts, she'll be pulled into a cell before she can whip out a stake.

So its safer to look for him using her little trick.

She removes a chain around her neck. Its a gold chain, thin and delicate that clings to a golden heart pendant. It shines brilliantly in the light, bouncing off its soft curve. The keyhole in the centre is obviously a link to another pendent. Its her hope he's got it. She then drops it in the flame then drops the whole lot on the map. A ravenous, orange animal as it chars and cinders, consuming most of the map except just a small piece. She rushes to another, identical map, placing the piece where its supposed to go. According to her charm, Nickoi is near a forested area, far away from the castle.

Her necklace lay on the ground, quite hot. She knew the same heat was coming from Nickoi's necklace.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:43 am

His necklace started to heat up and he took it off before it burns him. Nickoi smile softly to himself knowing that Toivo will find him thru her necklace. He is awe what power that she hid from others. He miss her the most, but he had a duty to the kingdom and she has hers. Past moments in their lifes in the shire was his most happeist. She didn't treat him like a prince, but as a normal being.

He remember the last goodbye like it was yesterday. She give his necklace with tears came down her face. He give her the heart locket, with sad smile. "This is not the last goodbye, my dear Toi. Thru this necklace you can always find me." he said while wiped away her tears. Then give her one last hug that he trys to put all his feelings in, before he leave her. When he had to leave her it seems that he had left a part of his heart with her.

He remember how much she hated that nickname: Toi. He laughs softly to himself, because all the times she try to hit him when he said it. Then he look up to see the top of the glowing tent, and try don't to cry with happienss he feels that she is coming to him. Then he thank the goddess of night for this blessing.

Nimo is sleeping in his massive king bed with a smile on his face. It seems that his dreams are going every well. His pale bloude hair falls around him like a halo, for a devil. He sleeps soundly as he knows that sooner or later his dear brother will fall into his hands. The one he wants will also fall into his hands and marry him.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 pm

(Doing coursework, I'll be busy and slow to reply.)

She picked the heart pendent off the floor. The soppy git, she thoughts as she grinned. She was brimming with nostalgia.

Key to her heart? He's such an entrenched romantic. Its rather funny sometimes to listen to him ramble on in starry mode.

Apparently Nickoi hadn't gone too far from her place so the best explanation she could give was that he was probably planning to go to her's but was caught out by the sun. She wonders through the trees and fields till she spots the thick tent. As she moves towards the tent, she skips around the side. Carefully, she opens the canvas, making sure the afternoon sun doesn't seep in. Once tightly shut, she wheeled her head round to Nickoi.
"Howdy!" She said, a smile streaking across her face against her will.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:04 pm

(That will be alright. ^-^)

Nickoi pick up his key necklace once it was cool to the touch. He still wearing a smile on his face. Then a few moments he wait quietly for her. A part of the tent when up without letting in light, and there is his old friend Toivo. His gray-blue eyes shimmer with delight when he sees her. "Hey, Toi. How is life?" he said while trying not to laugh.

Then he gives her a big hug, and when he pull back his black falls into his eyes. He push it out of his face, with a soft smile. His necklace lay apon his shirt, like he put it on at last moment before she came in. Her sunwarmed skin giveing off her scent of sweet musk, and roses. She smell like home to him.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:45 pm

She returned the hug two fold before kneeling on the floor inside as he moves back. The place was warm with a scent of grass and incense. She new a maid kept lighting a stick in his room.
"Everythings is OK apart from the obvious. Nimo frightens me even more."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 pm

"What is my lust for power brother is doing to you this time?" he asked with a little worry in his voice. He known that his younger brother had a thing for Toivo, but he didn't do anything because she was alway around Nickoi for the most part. He pat her hands to tell her that he is here for her. He didn't care that they will be only friends, but he will always love her.

Nimo turn in his sleep, but didn't wake up in the dark room. Everything is going to plan in his dreams, but he didn't know that real life is going hell when he wakes up. The devil hids under a vision of beauty, but that is all lies.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:18 pm

She looks down to his hand, briefly before answering. No effort made to move it. Why should she if it was nice. A tad cold but nice.
"He's already ordered me to marry him. I've already said no. The moron won't ever understand I'm not interested."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 am

"He always want something that he cannot have. Right now it is you." he said with gentle smile and other pat on her hands. In this light she looks even more beauitful than usual, but he will not say a thing to her. He is trying to calm her down, and her hand is warm and nice. He is quietly glad that she didn't remove his hands from hers. Then his stomce starts to grawl loudly, and Nickoi starts to back away Toivo.

He doesn't want to hurt her in his hunger. His eyes became a dark red color because of his hunger, and that little bit of blood didn't last as long as he hoped. He is fighting against his own beast, he don't want to lose control in front of her. He may act like a person, he is really a true blue-blood vampire. "Toi, I so hungery, but I try my best to fight it." he said with fangs flashing and a sad tone in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Momentary silence. Basically, everything suddenly realised what she had gotten into this tent with. She knew what he was going to become and that getting out would be good. Really good. Its a shame that everything is panicking for the nanosecond or five. Calm yourself! Look! Body, get out of here and then well keep talking to him heart. Err...yeah. Anyway...Out out out! You don't talk to those who are likely to attack like a tiger at any moment.

"Oh bugger..." She said once the shock of finding out she'd just sat in front of a predator subsided enough to free up her brain. "I'll just sit outside, OK?" She turns quickly, undoing and prising the tents entrance apart. She practically fell out as she tried to get out into the sun, shutting everything up quickly. She fastens everything back up. She crawls around the tent to talk to Nickoi inside.
"What can I do to help, Nickoi?"
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 pm

He watch her leave, and try not to follow her out. Once she is outside safe in the sun, he lay down. "I need to feed, soon. I drink my last bit of blood, I hope it was going to last a little more. I am sorry that you had to see me like this." he answer her in sorrowful tone. He moves to his side and look at her shadow on the tent. Tears fall down his face from his red eyes, because he never want her to see him this way. Nickoi is fighting back his own dark demon which is his hunger for blood of others.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:13 pm

"Thats all right but can I help? I mean, are you picky?" She asked. She rarely saw him like this. They didn't have dinner together very often either for clear reasons. "Just, like a rabbit or something?"
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:30 pm

"I am not very picky about blood. Human taste better then animals. With animal blood will lesten the hunger, but it don't last very long. I don't want to drink from you." Nickoi said with a sigh and put his hand on her shadow. He can almost feel her heartbeat thru the tent, and her scent it making his mouth water. Even thou he is trying is best not to. Tears is still falling down his face, and he didn't hid it from her.

A part of him hates that he is thinking of drinking Toi's blood, and he starts bite down on his own lips. He starts to bled, and his tonge licks is own lips for food. The pain of bite on his lips is less then the his own fear of hurting the one person he loves.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 pm

She sits and broods, staring out over the field.
"Well, if that's the case, I won't keep you going for long anyway..." She breathes heavy and slow. She's trying to ignore Nickoi's heavy breathing.
"Look, you need something. I should go find something..."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:55 pm

"Go, find me something before I do anything out of my mind. A little bit of blood will help me to think better." he said while bitting back his tears. He don't want her to leave, but he knows that she stays that he will harm her. His hand move away from her shadow hoping that she goes and get him something.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:52 pm

"Err...Rabbits are hard to catch you know...." She gets up, moving through the dense grass. She bends low and tries to keep her eyes as open as she can. Trudging slowly forwards, she quickly finds a hole in the ground. She sinks to its level and quickly reaches inside.

The tent opens again long enough for the rabbit to flop in, half asleep. She shut the tent up quickly.
"Tuck in."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:35 am

When he saw the rabbit, laying there he growl with hunger. He didn't heare Toivo's words when he bit into the helpless rabbit. The blood pour down his dry throuht, with a taste of grass. He was so hungery that he didn't mind the taste. Once the rabbit is dry of it blood, he trys to put it outside his tent without the sun touching him. His gray-blue eyes starts to come back as he wipe away the blood around his mouth.

"Toi, thank you. You can come back in." Nickoi said in his normal tone. Then feeling sleepy he fall back on his back and fall asleep. It been a long day and he needed the sleep. His sleep is more sound because she is with him, and he hopes that she don't hates him now.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Gingerly, she crept back inside the tent. She wants to sit closer to him and, heck! Maybe even slip her hand under his again 'accidentally'. But...the warning that the rabbit wouldn't last too long against his hunger made her apprehensive. She smiled sweetly though.
"What are we going to do?"
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Nickoi wake up when Toivo came into tent. He sit back up and look at her with a slight smile. "I need to hide from my brother and make an army to fight back. You need to keep away from Nimo as best you can." he said he wants to touch her hands again, but he don't trust his own hunger. So he runs his hands thru his dark hair.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Midnight Rose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rose   Midnight Rose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight Rose
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next