The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+9
Thepsycoman
Arzoath
Ari
Common Nonsense
SilentxMidnight
pjkio03
Frozen Memory
Shiva
fleamailman
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 pm

("Thank you. I try my best at it. That is only thing that anyone can do." The dark haired lady said with a slight smile. She starts penning another piece to the internet.)

"What are we without our dreams?" teacher at a college asks his students. No one awsder him, so he went on. "We are lost and all creativly is dead. Nothing is being made and we stay in one place. We find awsner in our dreams, even we don't think it." he said as he put back is slightly graying, brown hair out of his eyes.

"We get to talk to ourselfs. Then we find the awsners to our problems." he said to a quiet classroom. His students are in awe of their teacher's insight into the mind.

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Landdreams
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:13 am

("...getting better and better..." went the goblin thanking that the picture was perfect, but knowing that there was only one person who know for sure)

Quote :
I posted an excerpt of a piece of writing on Yahoo! answers a while back, and it got quite a positive response. Two of the people have since contacted me to critique their work, just a few short chunks, and I did so the first time. Then they started sending me too much, and I suggested they joined this site. Gave them links and everything, I told them about how good it was and the great people, but still they won't join. I still have some of the work they emailed me, and I don't know what to do with it. I can't seem to convince them to join, at all (why won't they join!?), so should I post some of it up here with their name attached, or just forget about it? They're just getting my single opinion on the pieces, and surely that's not good enough.

"...most people don't actually want to be edited, they want to be appreciated, where probably it's that personal contact thing here..." mentioned the goblin, but that was by the by then, adding "...simply give them the exact same line that clairvoyants give to their victims on malware removal forums, that is if and when a victim sends a direct email requesting something, the line being "I'm sorry but other people will not learn from this if I directly reply to you now, so please post that in the "section name goes here" section...", incredibly the less people actually paid for some service, like malware removal then, the more the victim's self importance went up until the point where one had to turn round and remind them no one cared, merely it was practice

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Experiment

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Trojan-di-PC-300x225
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:23 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
"seem geared to the fastest growing section in literature, which is, well you're reading it now in fact...
Quote :
Am I really reading it now? Good lord, I hope not.

"...unfortunately yes..." went the goblin, adding "...I mean, think about it, by the time you've got somebody to read even one line of some publication or secluded blog entry somewhere, how many hundreds more will have just turned up on these forums, or how many thousands more will have joined facebook now...", though the goblin was not against books or blogs, in that he knew that they still had their place to amuse a dwindling minority now, only that the goblin was a realist here, saying "...look, between those gallery showrooms that air the art world's latest artist, and someone like banski who just goes to the general public with his graffiti on walls, isn't it obvious which one of those two is actually more known by now...", hence the goblin's own interest in forumland as a place to build up his readership then, just that he had difficulty in pointing it out to others what was in their face for their praise of eleswhere each time

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Wm-Stupid%20Employee
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 am

A dancer dress in pink takes a deep breath before going out on to the stage. She can here the music over the quiet crowd that she cannot see thru the curtains. She feels the most free on the stage but she also feels fear to fail. Her bloude hair is up in a bun. Then she heard her cue to go on and she walks out into the white light that blind her.

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Ballet
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:40 am

("...yes, you're matching your posts well I see, it gets better and better..." replied the goblin now, adding "...no one can tell you how to do this then, simply you evolve in your own way from now, you become as me, by not me then, a fellow livewriter perhaps, for if you are like this now, imagine the type of posts you will be able to do in five years time, when you really will have a writer's way with words, and an illustrator's eye to go with it, so look again across forumland now and note clearly the type of posters out there, where livewriters are known for their posts alone...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Is it mandatory that your friends agree with you? Sometimes by being exposed to a different viewpoint, one can see another side to an issue.

the goblin only wanted people to agree with him when he was wrong, such was his weakness, otherwise he was wanting them to try and prove him wrong feeling his argument was sound enough, saying "...btw, I bought a sony ebook reader yesterday on the cheap, tactile, with mp3 player too, and 20hours battery life...", not that that the goblin had any time to read books, but for jotting down ideas in an instant it was just perfect, so as a notebook then, saying "...um, could you please agree with me that I did the right thing then..."

Spoiler:

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Tumblr_l6ne1rD5mP1qzbixso1_500
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:46 am

repost from elsewhere, the subject of livewriting and where to livewrite

Quote :
One interesting point raised was the issue of where one chooses to land their livewriting threads...

the goblin laughed, saying "...simply, since one doesn't know which forum will be receptive, nor who is on it, I dare confess that I try my luck anywhere, not really caring what the forum is about MYAHAHAHA, something like goblin v grannies, mummies, goths, punks, trolls, country folk, religious nutters, atheists, australians, writers, youths, gamers, the list goes on and on here, and amazingly where one would think things would work out, all goes drastically wrong being booted, and conversely on places where one has no expectations at all, one is accepted almost straight off...", but the goblin loved this test of just landing somewhere, and the elation of reaching that winthroughpoint there, saying "...in the end the forum is never its namesake, meaning not what the forum states itself as about, no it's far more which creatures are actually on it that actually makes up the forum here..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Homer-simpson-oil-painting
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 pm

("I think that livewriter is an artist with words. But I also draw and find a story within a piece of art." the dark haired woman said with a slight smile. "I know in five years my writing will be better, like I have grown from last five years." she said with her eyes looking at the far away stars. They are like her future see can see it, but she still cannot touch them.)

In the dawns light a warrior looking over the battlefield that she fought on against enemy's of her homeland. Her face is set in stone but inside the death of many people wighe heavly on her. She will never forget who she had kill in battle. Then she look at her sword that is covered in blood of others, and knowing that it will never wash off her hand.

She need time to herself away from the other that are having a party. They are stupid men who thinks that this is the way to die, but she wish there is no use for them. Then a white bird flys above her and its white fithers falls around her, as if to say that wish will happen one day.

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Warrior-1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:56 pm

("...do I need to say anything..." said the goblin, aware that it will grow from this then)

repost from elsewhere, goblin still loving his ebook reader

Quote :
hmmm...was it cheaper than a set of recycled pencil and paperpad ? but wait... what do you look like when using it in public ... it's uber-cool factor ?

the goblin thanked the poster for her comment suggesting pen and paper in place of using a textile ebook reader for notes here, but he felt he had to decline explaining why it was just so important for one to keep up appearances here carrying ones textile ebook reader on one at all times, explaining “...you see, apart from the mere fact that one might suddenly want to take notes, or listen to ripped mp3s, there is the dictionary, and those 350 odd books too...” continuing “...where too, imagine if one fell down a hole in the road, one could read at leisure until rescued then, and what if some sudden craving for literature and intellectual aspirations arose within one, you'd have shakespeare plays, lord byron's poems, next to the goblin's very own posts too, gone would be that urge to shot people in walmats, for now one could take the moral highground here, like giving money to WWF for animals that you never see, one could save writers from extinction, by uploading books that one hasn't time to actually read, enough to bring a smile to anyones face..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Forced-smile
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:22 pm

A goddess looks down on to the world that is below her, that she helped make. The day is breaking over the land, and many beings are slowly waking up from the night. Her light smile play on her face, and it shows in her gold and silver eyes. The prayers of her followers gently flote up to her ears. Her silver hair falls around her, and she only answer a few prayers. She waiting on one prayer to come up from the one being that loves her and she loves him. But she havn't told him, because she don't want her evil younger brother using her love agaist her.

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Light_incarnation
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:37 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "the death of traditional publishing" thread

Quote :
According to Laura Miller, massive crowds are lining up to dance on the grave of traditional book publishing, proclaiming that the industry is antiquated and hidebound. Laura discusses the difficulty of finding good self-published books to read among the three-quarters of a million titles self-published in 2009:
http://www.salon.com/books/laura_miller/2010/06/22/slush/index.html

the goblin's views were known from way back now, saying "...race you to becoming a known persona now, and me an unknown one then, for it's not what you have written before that matters anymore, solely where forumland is going now that matters, oh no, books are not dead where we will still buy them, but ask yourself something, when is there ever time to read books where you and I and everyone else are always here now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 22
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:33 pm

A lady in white look over the rocks before she go into the church. Today is the day she get married to the one she loves with all her heart and soul. When she look out to the ocean that helps calms her down and the waves endlessly moving on to the shore. The bells of the church ring out into the air, turn to the church and take a deep breath before going thru the wooden doors.

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 White-beach-wedding-dress-1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:13 pm

("...for me that was long long ago..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
And, I'll repeat, your anonymity is overrated! The only benefit it provides, in my opinion, is some protection against stalkers Very Happy

"...not at all if you know the difference of peter pan and wendy here, for you're dealing with peter pan now..." went the goblin, continuing "...no, my anonymity is neither overrated nor underrated, it is just something that frees me, where my being otherwise would have me looking over my shoulder caring somehow, but this way I have nothing to prove nor defend, that is, where my very first post will be exactly as my last one then, and where too I'm both ageless and formless by it...", and then the goblin turned to something else, saying "...have you noticed how the members here, do not actually post to this forum, it's like they link their latest blog entry instead, and then pay courtesy calls to other bloggers in hope that their blog entry will be seen in return, where in fact, if they had posted it here on this forum in the first place, who wouldn't have seen it by now, and all are welcome to post anything on this thread too if they wish, for this isn't my thread either, how can anything be mine where I am anonymous now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 0b00a3f4ad96214f4883b242731f5dafe1600b02
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:16 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
would anyone want to read this type of story today? Comments please

"...I am sure that many people would like to read your book..." started the goblin in earnest then, adding a few provisos though, saying "...but you have to ask yourself two questions here, one, "that what with the advent of the internet and moreover forumland here, do those readers still have the time to read books like they once did", and two "if everyone hated your books would you still publish them as a vindication of oneself to oneself perhaps, where conversely if they all loved your books, while you had grown to hate them, would you still churn out yet more of the same because it paid the bills...", and with that the goblin smiled, knowing that there were absolutely thousands of books out there, and millions of blogs too, and yet few could see the wood for the trees then, saying "...look, if you wait for your readers to come to your ebook eventually, you will have a long wait ahead, because at it's base and perhaps in spite of whatever they're telling you elsewhere, your ebook, your blog entry, down to ones humble post too, are part and parcel of ones persona as an author now, so perhaps if you do good posts, readers will go to your blog, and if you do good blog entries, they will go to your ebook then, simply readers recognize persona foremost is the point I making here, an author with no persona is a poltergeist perhaps..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Poltergeist-movie-08

Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:21 pm

A woman look thru a widows of the jewelry store to a beautiful piece. The tag on this piece to too much money for her to buy. She love to look at it and she is slowly saving up for it. The piece is a wonderful necklace with blue stones that glow lightly in the the sunlight. She walk away after looking at is after a few moments, to go to work in the local libaray. As she walks away she can feel it on her neck, but she knows that she don't have it. She only smile slightly as she walks away knowing one day she will have it.

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
I am gonna write a little handbook, coz the ones out there were apparently written by
people who have never played in troll land so they are missing quite a bit of important information

“...well now xxxxx...” started the goblin, as if reading from her manual of “advanced trolling” here, continuing “...one is going to need to learn the dark side when dealing with those self interested hecklers now, for one is ever on stage here, remember too, that most forums are unforgiving when one first lands on them, simply one is alone with only ones wits and ones posts to win them over then, defeat is the norm perhaps, but the truth is that one is only looking for interesting people within their forum, where general acceptances or rejection means what, more so, if and when one doesn't meet anyone interesting in the first place..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Amazing-photo-art-001
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:42 pm

repost from elsewhere, about being banned

Quote :
defeat? I never accept defeat

"...true but I'm not out to prove something, more I'm out to find those people that accept the way I write first, where forumname and subject matter actually have little bearing on the outcome..." replied the goblin thinking back on those sites where it succeeded again, adding "...but from there, it's feeding, and not acceptance which counts, you see, you're a great feeder of thoughts to me xxxxx, where readership flatters but only rapport feeds..."

Spoiler:

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Th_Fawlty_071203042200668_wideweb__300x300
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 pm

A young woman is waiting under a blomming cherry tree. The light pink glow from the sun hitting the flowers looks like a blush on her skin. She looks out with her green eyes to the beautiful day of spring. She can hear songbirds singing out in the clear blue skys. A slight smile plays on her lips as she sees the beauty around her.

Then a young man came up behind her and give her a big hug. She turn around with a smile and kiss his cheek. "What took you so long?" she asks with smile, showing that she is not mad at all. He blush a little bit and let go. He got down on his knee and pull out a box with a ring in it.

"I was trying to find the right ring to say that I love you more then anything in the world. Will you marry me?" he said with shaking voice, hoping she will say yes.

"Yes, Yes." she almost yell and she is also crying lightly with happy tears. He got off his knee and put the ring on her finger. After he puts the ring on her finger, she kiss him on the lip with a lot of passion. This all happen under the cherry tree in the park near their home.

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Branch_brook_park_cherry_blossoms_t
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:48 pm

The half-breed allowed a smile to play on her lips. Sakura, she whispered. How beautiful is the love that flows beneath your pink blossoms.
Then a realization hit the half-breed--as they would say-- "like a ton of bricks". Valentines day was drawing near. Great, another Valentines day spent alone. What a selfish holiday. How it grips young lover's hearts, entrances them with chocolates and fluffy things. She truly despised it. The half-breed sat grumpily on the grass. Perhaps she was a bit of a Valentine's day Scrooge.

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 am

("...ah now, one is always alone, it's just because one is in someone else's arms that one thinks that it is otherwise, that's all..." replied the goblin again, adding "...one day one grows to value being alone but I remember when all I wanted was her with me...")

repost from elsewhere, the topic of "should soldiers follow orders"

"...love this thread..." went the goblin now, adding "...good points, a hard balance and a difficult choice, where, if one volunteers, then one must obey, but the question arises where one is conscripted, then authority breaks down in the end, with the men either openly mutineering or worse, they start killing the officers above them as in vietnam and in most previous wars where it is protracted...", somehow the goblin's mind just went back to the dutch war of Independence and how insane and animalistic it all became in the end, adding "...like the ring in the hobbit then, war just turns men into gollums, where the longer they're exposed the harder becomes their return to being docile placid civilians afterwards..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Gollum_fin
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:03 am

The half-elf smiled. "Your words are wise, Goblin. Tell me, where is it you have found your infinite wisdom?"
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:53 am

("...well now, I'm rather old, or at least you would think me such..." replied the goblin again, hardly knowing what to add next, saying instead "...plus I've been at this for years, just I'm an anonymous livewriter if there is such a thing...")

repost from elsewhere, where some had talked about her line of work in 911 emergencies

"...there you go, knew it too, reverse psychology in play again, the criminal mind becomes a policeman, disfunctional minds become psychiatrists, doubters become rectors, and where wicked ladies answer 911 calls..." smiled the goblin, knowing that the funniest part of that joke was that it was often true too, adding "...it's as if ones doubts compel one in the opposite direction each time, where joking apart suicide is committed by someone capable of committing murder too..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 1Guilt-734553
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:05 am

"I see". The half-breed replied.
She was young, indeed. Most of her life still lay ahead of her. Her life was a road, narrow and crooked, which she struggled to stay on. Every now and then, something would jump from the shadows and attempt to push her off, yet still she held strong. Yet it seemed that with every push, wisdom was shoved into her. With every difficulty, knowledge had leaked from it.
"Someday I'll be as wise as you. " The half-breed sighed. Someday seemed far off, at least it did to the human side of her.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:25 am

("...no so, but to be my friend you must never reveal your identity to me, livewriters are anonymous..." replied the goblin, adding "...and while I am anonymous I have no age at all, whereas medusa wants to know, so that she can set us in her stone, simply she dates one that way...", and with that the goblin continued his editing here, saying "...air/edit/backup, that's how it's done...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Nicely put, Goblin. The institutionalization you refer to here = socialization. Same goal, different connotation.

"...not quite..." replied the goblin, adding "...I think I was meaning "society socializes where it can, and simply institutionalizes where it can't", thus people wind up in prisons for their wrong doing, or mental homes for their disfunctionality, or in hospitals for their afflictions or finally in merlin's caves for their old age, those type institutions perhaps, where it has to socialize one where and when one is not institutionalized..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Guilt
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 am

A child of a young age, is blowing bubbles after a long day. The blonde haired child has a simple joy and delight in her eyes. The muticolor rainbow of the bubbles she is watching until it pops. Then she starts to pop the others that are around her with a huge smile on her face.

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 BlowingBubbles
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:16 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...the advantage of livewriting is that the work is never finished, one simply rereads it and then changes the wording at will..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...standard publishing means accepting various conditions that may or may not be conducive to ones muse now...", and then the goblin tried to explain himself, saying "...you see, any tom dick or harry can publish a book these days, there's really nothing to it beyond creating a downloadable pdf file then, oh no, what is far harder is producing a 20,000 hitcount thread, because that readership is given to one by ones readers now, but then again, I would swap any of my 30,000 hitcount threads for someone who actually corresponds with me, simply that's how important feeding is to me, my food for thought here...."

the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Food_for_thought

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Games-
Jump to: