The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+9
Thepsycoman
Arzoath
Ari
Common Nonsense
SilentxMidnight
pjkio03
Frozen Memory
Shiva
fleamailman
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins Empty
PostSubject: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 am

"...see, I've already won..." said the goblin again, who dearly wanted this thread to be a hotchpotch of everyones effort here, continuing "...come now, you win this just by posting something, but how you win this, or if you don't post here, is the benchmark of self is it not, but I have great faith in you, or I wouldn't still be here, double posts OK, reposts OK, beat the goblin if you want to play it that way, anything, but post something then, you have such talent mortals, and life's clock ticks away your chance now..."

the last person to post here wins Powerpuff-Girls-cn15
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 am

“...elusive isn't it, oh yes, one can see it for oneself, sure one can, ah but can one clearly explain it to others now, that's what marks one as a writer in my view, this shared life then...” mentioned the goblin of some people who could visualize well, and of others who could recite well, where only those who did both well, understood these words from their experience now, saying “...me, I am not even what I have written before, for this internet doesn't even remember what one posted yesterday, so a live writer is very much just that then, only a few posts in front of his own oblivion always, a survivor on this internet pacing his journey to self here, never stopping that is...”

the last person to post here wins IE147_WindTunnel_2008
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 pm

C-c-c-combo breaker

ยง
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 pm

"...it's a slow process but "facing the slot" somehow has me biting the hand of this "dailylife" that feeds me..." joked the goblin not really laughing since the goblin also knew he was at "dailylife's" mercy too, "...the magician's trick is to have me think that the object is where it should be, only to surprise me by its being elsewhere..." the goblin sought the right words saying "...I have often fallen for life's tricks then, these little distractions that turn out to be worthless, whereas once in a very rare while I can actually make out that magician behind it all..."

the last person to post here wins Scaled.php?server=516&filename=themagicianlc8
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 am

repost from elsewhere, again

Quote :

Have you thought about writing a book fleamailman? Or a screenplay? You sound, like you should definitely be a writer. And even though you may not want to do it for fame or fortune, you could do it so everyone out there could read your writing. Talented people need to be unleashed on the world, otherwise we will be stuck with people like Madonna writing books, and that's never a good thing!

the goblin smiled once more looking out across the bright snow to the mountains beyond, "...and what is this then, that we are writing together here then, if not a live book of sorts is it not, with each one of us intricately woven into its sprawling pages..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...the times, together with the advancement of technology, have once more returned writing to something like short episodes found perhaps in those journals of the Victorian age where Dickens and Doyle held the reader's imagination in the palm of their hands...", the goblin paused knowing that there was something else, he tried for it here "...look again, do you notice that the distance between persona, the piece and the response has gone, hasn't it...", the goblin's coffee tasted deep perhaps unpleasant even, it's sweet bitterness held him tightly to the point here and how clearly he saw it, continuing "...anyway more people interact here, on threads like these that is, than if any one of us were to go cap in hand to some publishers somewhere, for see how the medias are losing market share to this Internet at this point then, and where this snowballing trend is leading us to, well that is why I keep saying that I am not a "writer" now, a "live writer" perhaps, but what I really am is just one of you, since you are all personas like me..." mentioned the goblin who then laughed saying "...besides, none of this matters when one is anonymous, no, only the pact with the Muse matters..."

the last person to post here wins Pyle4
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:48 pm

You shall not pass.

ยง
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:27 pm

("...thanks for posting, I like it when people do..." said the goblin)

the goblin was thinking that most people were more interested in the dual between Iran and America, "...ah but the circus had come to town..." mentioned the goblin who had walked down the shop fronts of Geneva where these riots had taken place, and where only the shops and banks catering for the rich had bullet holes to show for it, and yet, in the hight of all this, the goblin remembered the manager of Starbucks calmly pulling out the remaining bits of glass from the window frame, while behind him the costumers continued queuing up for their coffees, and now, two days later, little remains to tell anyone that any of this had happened, for gone were the contenders now, neither those armor clad policemen with their CS gas and rubber bullets, nor those masked rioters with paint guns, stone throwing types, so Geneva had just returned to what it was before again "...duals happen and then the circus moves on but that's just geneva for you..." mentioned the goblin in passing too

the last person to post here wins Geromejeanleonduelafter
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm

repost from elsewhere, a native american "last post" thread

"...to feel at ease in nature, I suppose one must get used to being in nature then..." said the goblin adding "well, it's the same for writing I guess, if you want writing to evolve you, then you must write often without expectation...", the goblin laughed a bit, then continued "...oh no, it won't change your life, it won't pay your bills, nor give you a parter, nor any other of those physical rewards at all, but over time it empowers both your imagination and your reasoning here...", simply the goblin was very selfish where it might look otherwise, adding "...in the end, what do you have left other than this magic then..."

the last person to post here wins CallingActive
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:49 pm

the goblin remembered too, those white chalk stones clearly but there were none where his childhood beach was, he had first seen them and only seen them on the car drive down to Cornwall, even now they still conjured up the relentless wind streaming in from the sea to the goblin who, refusing to turn his head away from the view, had born the brunt for as long as he could till, in the end, the teasing cold sea wind had eventually forced the goblin to look away, and in that sole instant, that the goblin had blinked that is, his laughing past had snatched the moment from his then present, "...next time I won't look away, ever..." he had promised himself ever since but the muse just laughed saying "...silly goblin, you can't out stare the sea, you should know that much, ah but goblin, if you look long enough it might just wink at you instead..." the goblin smiled at the thought, she just had a way with ideas he felt

the last person to post here wins 00GLZf-29870484[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

"Who wins, who losses? That is all just a matter of how you look upon things. You could be the most entertaining of people or the person left behind, but what is deemed better? In the eyes of the beholder lies the truth. Do you see it? Do you see it within the eyes and the soul? We are all winners and all losers in this game we call life. In the end, it doesn't matter if you won. It only matters how you live," said the aged wizard of the arts upon the pupil before him. Ah, young minds were such wonders to watch grow and mold upon the thoughts. So busy were they with thoughts of fame! Only too late they realize how much more important the actual experience was.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:58 am

("...I like that post very much, I think there is talent here..." mentioned the goblin who felt that the only win here was the one against oneself then)

repost from elsewhere, just sharing again

Something within me then fears all that they call "organized religion" for the fact that it organized, and thus trying to organize one too, saying "...how often do I feel that religion is an excuse not to find out for oneself then, and that ones connection within, to that which has always been there, is just ignored because of compliant towing of the given line here, and no, I won't believe in, nor go somewhere closer, nor pay something towards , anything outside of me, when you and I know it to be just "there within one without those preconditions" then..."

the last person to post here wins CherokeeWarriorSpiritArtWorkbyChuck
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:01 am

"...true, perhaps if I could ever really get these posts right to myself I wouldn't need to continue here, since I would already know for sure what I am thinking...", so part of the goblin at this point was living his life normally, yes, but another part of him was watching the slide of the dollar under the largest debt in America's short history, adding "...so it seems that our distractions are wearing thin now, and yes, you and I might be helpless here, but I promise now that I won't look the other way while this happens, patriotism is, at its base, knowing by heart those principals that one holds to towards ones country, and holding oneself and ones country to them then..."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2717350365989458437&ei=ZGjlSvzFG5-i2wL26_UH&q=history+of+the+dollar&hl=en#

the last person to post here wins 08-01-17_money8
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:39 am

I win (for now) *twitches*
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Hatchling
Hatchling
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 pm

here, too, the mist creeks in through the walls and doors only to appear behind goblin a little ways off. "Hello again, dearest Goblin, may i join your party?" she asked with a smile.

Repost from elsewhere:

Spreading her smoke past the beings that appeared, the spirit watched them tenderly. Truthfully she could not leave yet. she could not return to the place she so adored in life, the grave. and so she stayed and watched and waiting with deep anticapation of what might happen.

"a new commer" whispers the spirit. she hums to herself, trying her hardest to not focus on anything as when focusing her form takes solid might and at this moment her dead identity is unknown and she wishes so harshly to keep it. Watching them as a sniper watches the target, she took in all details. "How lovely"

Outside a cry of the bird of dark feathers and curses rings and the spirit looks toward it. "Oh look, something is to happen soon, very soon. How strange it is and how endering."

the last person to post here wins Red-graveyard-bird-flying-1
Back to top Go down
http://cryptofthecreative.com/
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:53 pm

("....glad you're here spirit, there's talent on this site, they'll turn up I think..." ventured the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

the goblin looks up from the laptop out the window where the cold but sunny Chamonix afternoon shows a man with some muscular disorder erratically trying to help himself up onto the curb from a wheelchair where his carer hasn't quite got the knack it seems, so the goblin thinks nothing of it till the carer succeeds in getting the front wheels up and where in her first step it hits the goblin that she too limps badly, after which they then cross slow clumsy loving glances at one another and then laugh happily on their way together as it nothing had happened, that is, as if they were no different from anyone else, which of course they weren't any different, save perhaps that the goblin had now caught a bit of their happiness in his post here he felt, goblins often stole from life like this, "...we're not to be trusted you know..." whispered the goblin again with a smile

the last person to post here wins Mythical_magic
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am

I love all the pictures you are posting fleamailman! Send me a link?
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Hatchling
Hatchling
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 am

the spirit misted around, haunting the other areas and then returning here only to nod at what goblin said. "Talent indeed." she smiled and found a crumbling pillar in the corner of the new decorated room. Pleasantly she sat upon it, her mist flowing around and throughout her as if she were a bent cloud.

"Trust is such a strange thing" the spirit says whilst looking around and the mainly empty room. "For one, i can not understand trust. how can one trust what, though in this time is seemingly true, something someone made up so long ago. Perhaps i am crazed to care of such things any longer. For now such knowledge is the 'norm'. oh well, if i am crazed so be it! Knowledge is a spiraling conundrum of new ideals and old falsehoods. A dance of sorts where one step could lead to falling or to a leap upon the air. A dance where you spin forever more and yet fly with a partner if one are so lucky as to find such. Its a magical thing, yet to me it is a falsehood. Aye I suppose i'm crazed." the spirit ended with a smile.

the last person to post here wins Pointe-ballet-shoes
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:18 am

Quote :
I love all the pictures you are posting fleamailman! Send me a link?

"...I think you'll find spirit's style and pictures haunting too, join us here then, I have nowhere to link you to, but I do know that many have posted about writing, whereas here one writes in ones posts, and if you want to write, I will dance with you here, and just like the disco, the steps and style are yours to evolve now, so join the dance one and all..." replied the goblin

the last person to post here wins Catmk9
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:39 am

"Join the dance I shall, but no pictures will I share in this careless captivating moment. I extend my hand to all who wish to take it and write a melody entwined in pairs. Let the Muse be our guide and let time be our dance. The spoken and written word will be our lyric, our rhythm, our code."
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Hatchling
Hatchling
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:45 am

"May I play" mused the spirit appearing next to the newcomer. "Muse is a wondrous being, whose voice is all song, thought all word, eyes all art, fingers all passion. Muse is a conductor of all life, creative life that is." the spirit spinned, turning into a pillar of mist and disappearing only to reappear a few feet away back toward the broken pillar she sat upon. "History is a muse you know. The old, the crumbling, the majestic! It is magical really, the power of the past. Think now, shall you, the beauty around you. the beauty of an old Theater, or Church, Cathedral. Where did such designs come from? Not here! hark not here! Not now! Nay, they come from many a many year ago, whence it was the art that ruled the day, not industry ." a frown crosses the spirits lips as she remembers her livily-hood all to well upon such a topic. "and so I say again, in this industry of creative beings, may I play."

the last person to post here wins The-viewer2
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:15 pm

"...ah now, since we all at it together, I will simply confess that the pictures come from photobucket or imageshack, and that once one has grown tied of writing texts, one might have a relaxed moment where one just types a word of meaning to the searchbox of either, and then looks through the pictures, where one eventually comes across something that just seems to be in tune with something one has written, where one adds it below the text..." mentioned the goblin, knowing that this must mean that one stores both ones texts and pictures somewhere, thus "live writers" are basically reposters by the nature of what they do, continuing "...at first ones illustrations might be weak, or seem unrelated, or ones texts might be weak for that matter, but after a while one gets both the writer's way with words, and the illustrator's eye, where simply texts will conjure up images, and pictures will speak to you, and that almost embarrassingly is all that it is..."

the last person to post here wins Dressingroom--Bobby

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Hatchling
Hatchling
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 pm

the spirit laughs and smiled. "My post never match the picture, though they do all the same. It depends on if the hidden hints within the words let forth the secret that pertains to the picture. Though some are rather simple to find." and now the spirit disappeared for a moment to do just as the goblin had stated, searching for more images to add to the walls of her tomb. there they would wait, gathering lovely dust, until their time was put forth, and then they would gather more dust, just new dust, in a new place, whist they sat in waiting for one to see and admire them.

the mist returns, coming through scaling cracks in the walls and doors once more. "Here we are, a world of new set in a photo of new. And this world, its new decoration is lovely, i do not think i said such as of yet. I do so like it here, and quite frankly i like it much more now that is not so love-filled. How rude of me to put it as such! I am afraid i mean so bright, things of that nature tend to bring me down a few pegs, if that makes sense." the spirit feared she was rambling again and went on to end with; "In any case, this place is wondrous. Creativity can appear here like magic, a spark, a mystery to the keeper of it, and thus it will blossom to create some new world. wonderful."

the last person to post here wins Sapphire
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm

(the goblin loved this site, and this deep background now, saying "...join us then, post something...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
I don't think that you have to read other people's works to be a writer

"...total agreement there then, I don't buy into that idea either..." said the goblin continuing "...oh, you can learn from other writers yes, but one does whatever one has to do for the muse's sake only, one doesn't compromise here, that is, one doesn't try to be a writer, nor try to please the readers either, for one will lose track of oneself that way, which is why I agree with your remark then...", at which point the goblin's mind flashed back to the writer's club where someone was simply saying something, repeating aloud "...actually, in this place then, you can tell the writers from the wannabes here, writers just write period, wannabes give advice, theorize, and tell you all about what they are going to write next, and like it actually matters too..."

the last person to post here wins FaerieDancer
Back to top Go down
SilentxMidnight
Hatchling
Hatchling
SilentxMidnight

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:26 pm

The spirit moved now, forgetting her pillar and the old area, to a tree. Near is was a mushroom, which she sat upon with a chuckle. "This is a place of imagination and of imagery. It is a brilliant area! All the creatures of the forests, of mythology for the most part, can live in hiding here!" as the spirit spoke there came a rustling nearby, in which if one looked one would see a small faerie trapped in a dew drop. "Oh poor thing." says the spirit without moving, knowing that to help would be dishonor. And so she lets her mist roam free, its substance clinging to the trees and their roots. "I wonder what mysteries i shall find here now" she mused.

the last person to post here wins 4fd4
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 am

repost from elsewhere, the "what makes a good editor" thread

"...a good editor, is just someone who knows about reader's likes and dislikes..." mentioned the goblin who often let the admin or moderator be that editor then, adding "...and in this sense, if one knows that the admin and the mods want content, then it's a great moral boast for the contributors here, where again if things are bogged down to some accepted writing style, everything twee, members infighting, site rivalry, etc., which funnily enough all have their parallels in the publishing world too, one can't rely on the site for the "contributing content" vibe that most authors live on...", simply the goblin was saying that a good editor plays mum here, to which the goblin laughed, joking "...how about changing it to "what makes a good mum" then..."

the last person to post here wins Make-me-laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next