The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

A challenge for the lady (IC)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Puck_midsummernightsdream
Infant
Infant

A challenge for the lady (IC) Empty
PostSubject: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:59 pm

In our world there lie many passages leading to many other places. If you wander a little way into the forests of Ireland you will come across a glade. This glade is filled with flowers of all kinds, native and introduced. But only a chosen few have ever located the void. This void is hidden by an illusion, an illusion that masks the land of Vistahtra. I ask you to trust me. Take my hand and step through the void with me, into the world of Vistahtra, where the Duke has just announced his Daughter Melina must be wed. He is holding a tournement to choose a husband for his eighteen year old child, as she refuses to choose any man for herself. (The suitors are quite ghastly in her opinion) Will you be brave enough to adventure into the kingdom of Silver Waters and place your name in the tournement to win the lovely Melina's hand in marriage, or will you be a wanderer, a spectator or even a hired hand? Make your choice travellor, and make it quickly.

Melina gazed out her window, watching the servants setting up the palace grounds for the oncoming tournement. She groaned, turning away from the window. She did not want this tournement, it was her father's idea. She was against the fighting for er hand in marriage. she wanted love in her marriage not just skill and brute strength. She was eighteen and had not yet chosen a suitor to be her husband so her father had taken matters into his own hands and decided to find one for her. She despised many of the suitors that had been introduced to er, and was sure she would despise many more but her father's word was law, and there was nothing she could do about it. She lookd out the window again, realising how late it was and deciding she should dress for the evening meal.

Dressed in a gown of emerald green silk and with her long black hair flowing down her back in waves, Melina walked down the stairs from her tower room and entered the dining hall, where her parents were seated at the table.
"Mother, Father." She said, curtseying slightly to them. It was only proper. Her father eyed her suspiciously and she knew he was thinking that she would pull some trick to stop the tournement.
"Do not fret father, I have accepted my fate, though begrudgingly." She said with a taut smile.

Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Thomas had arrived, and signed up for the tournament, reluctantly. Now he sat at a secluded table, at the Inn. He had rented a room for himself, and now he sat there, drinking some alcoholic beverage, although he could barely taste it anymore.
His sister's protests were still spinning through his mind as he did so. It didn't matter if she hated to be protected... If someone had to be married by force, he would rather it would be him. He smirked a bit at the thought of having a wife, if she was pretty enough... Why not?

Even though he always assumed marriage would come for him some day, he didn't imagine it like this. He thought he would meet this woman, and fall madly in love with her. She would hate him at first, they all did, but he would insist until she changed her mind. His father always used to say that there wouldn't be good men in the world if there weren't women to make them want to be better.
Tom sighed as he looked around at the cheerful people around him. That possibility was over for him, or at least it would be soon.

He emptied his glass, and wondered if he should get another drink or go to bed. After a moment of thought... He ordered another drink, and made himself more comfortable with the surroundings. He might as well enjoy it while he still could.

One might think Tom was being arrogant to assume he would be getting married before the tournament even began, or even knowing what exactly he would be up against. There was a simple reason for that: He had no choice.
Tom could joke about anything in the world, but his sister's fate was very much serious to him. So he had decided that, no matter what he had to do, or who he had to hurt, he was going to win.

In spite of his certainty... He was slightly nervous, and anxious to know what the next day would bring.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:12 pm

After dinner Melina excused herself, not wishing to be introduced to any more suitors that night. She just wanted to blend with the normal folk, those that didn't live in castles and have servants that waited on them. They were the servants and she had always been compassionate. She wanted to know them, know what what they did after they finished theirchores and the only way she could do that was to sneak out. She had done it many times and had aquired a disguise of peasant clothing particularly for such excursions. She had found she liked the way she was treated as an equal, despite the constant fear of being discovered. She admitted to herself that maybe the adrenaline was a part of her attraction to it.

Now she dressed in her alternate clothing, tied back her dark hair in a neat french twist and snuck out of the castle. She mingled with the throng of leaving workers, mixing with the maids. One of them recognised her and started to exclaim but Melina silenced her with a pleading look. She left with the workers, following a few of them to the tavern. She marveled at the noise and excitement of the tavern. Drunken fools sang along to the music of a band of musicians, very much out of tune; girls clad in brightly coloured skirts twirled on the dancefloor, laughing and singing along to the drunks. some people sat at tables, talking over mugs of ale and other beverages, and there, in a secluded corner of the room, by himself, sat a man, who couldn't be more than twenty. She was jostled about as she made her way over to the bar, which caused her hair to become mussed. She didn't mind. She was amazed by everything she was witnessing. It was her first time in the tavern.

A woman of about thirty came over to her from the other side of the bar. "What can i get you love?" She asked. Melina started, a little surprised. SHe had been absorbed by the entertainment of the night life.
"Uh, a mug of ale if you don't mind." She said after a second of indescision. She was handed a mug and she paid absently, her gaze falling on the man who was alone.
"Who's he?" She asked the barmaid. The woman chuckled.
"The out-of-towner? He's a suitor for the Duke's daughter." She said with a sly smile. "Don't get your hopes up lass, he's all but promised to her lady-ship." She said with a soft sneer. Melina was startled at the harsh tone of the woman's voice but was given no time to pay her any mind as she was swept up in a dance by a few girls her own age. The dance we nt on for a few moments before she stopped, breathless but a smile on her delicate features. Her hair was loose now, hanging around her face in soft waves, though messy, but she did not care. She sat in the chair closest to her before realising that she was on the other side of the room now, and seated at the suitor's table.
"Oh, i'm so sorry. I didn't mean to intrude on your privacy." She said, standing hastily, her eyes wide.

Meanwhile, at the castle....
The arrival of the new suitor was announced by a herald. Lyal Vanhogan entered with his enterage, looking and acting superior to everyone. He had intruded upon the Duke and Duchess's private evening but seem to pay that no mind.
"I'm here to enter the tournement." He announced in a pompous, cold voice. Duke Lionel stood up angrily but his wife stopped him with a gentle hand and calm look. He sat back down.
"Welcome"
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Tom had sat quietly enjoying the music, but not as much as usual, and watching the pretty girls dance with a little grin crossing his face. He wished he had been there for different reasons, then he would be dancing with one of them.

Thomas snickered a bit when a girl sat at his table, probably by accident. It was quite a fortunate accident, he thought, as she stood up quickly and apologized for the intrusion. He laughed softly. "Please, do intrude. I am so very bored right now."
Luckily he wasn't as drunk as he usually would be on a regular night, his thoughts had distracted him from his glass, so he was still able to be polite, and even pleasant if he wanted to be. He hadn't yet decided, so he was only being polite for the moment. (Yes, this is him being polite).

He let his gaze run across the room for a second, and he noticed that the place was packed with cheerful people, there were no more empty tables. He was surprised no one had intruded on him earlier. Maybe it was because he was from out of town. He looked back at the girl, smiling, and trying not to sound too creepy. He was a stranger after all. "If you need a place to sit, you can stay. You have already intruded on me, why move on to someone else?"
He bowed his head respectfully and added, with a amusingly formal tone. "My name is Thomas. Thomas Wyatt, at your service."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Nickoi walks into the Duke's castil after a other young man that have an air of being to importent for the little people. He dislike throuse people, they make most nobles have a bad name.The dark haired man bow to the Duke and his wife. "I am sorry that I came late. Please forgive me. I want to compet in the tourment." he said quietly and with his traidmark slight smile. He hopes that he didn't make the Duke mad at him. The Duke looks like he is going to harm the blonde man before him. Thanks to the Duckess that no blood is on the ground at this moment.

He don't want to make enemys of the Duke, because they may be his new in-laws.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:18 am

Melina blushed a little under his gaze. He seemed polite, charming even, but she was supposed to in disguise and he was competing for her hand in marriage. She smiled at him. "I think I will. Melina Douclet at your service good sir." Just after she said this she realised she had given her real name. Her hand flew to her mouth, her deep blue eyes widening with realisation. "Oh no. Please don't tell anyone who I am. I didn't mean to say that. You see, I'm not meant to be here but I get so sick of the castle and the workers always talk about their evenings while they work so I decided to sneak out. You must not tell anyone who I am. I'm begging you." Her honesty was a curse given to her at an early age, but she was forced to live with it and now it had acted against her wishes. She looked frightened and tears filled her large blue eyes slowly as she waited for his answer.

In the castle:
Lyal turned with a look of contempt to see the newcomer. He studied the dark and handsome man before him, sneering at his tanned complexion. "Where did you come from? the peasant's workhouse?" He sneered in a voice that was cold and unkind. The duchess stood this time.
"Gentlemen. I'm pleased that you have both taken interest in our tournement but I must ask you to be civil. I'll have a servant show you where you will reside and I hope to see you tomorrow and I sincerely hope you will continue to be civil." Her words were spoken politely but with a cold warning on the edge, glancing at both men before two servants, pretty young girls, led them away.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 am

Nickoi didn't say anything back at the bonde man. "Of course Dukess, and thank you for the room." the dark haired man said with a bow and a slight smile. He heard the cold tone in her voice, he is going to be on his best behoiver around others. Then he follows the pretty maids to his room, which he don't mind. The only thing that he have to walk with the ego of the man that came before him.

He hopes that he can use the Duke's libaray. He already have read thru his own libaray at home, and hopefully meet the young lady there then a formal meeting.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Tom was slightly frightened to discover who he was actually speaking to, and even more as he noticed the girl's tears. He nodded, a serious expression crossing his face. "I won't tell anyone. Don't worry. After all, who am I to spoil your fun?"

In spite of his shock, he was a little relieved. Melina seemed nice, and not at all like some of the spoiled and brainless brats he had been introduced to by his uncle, in his previous attempts to make Tom settle down.
He smiled at her, it was apparent to him that she didn't go there often. "I assume you don't do this often. I mean... You don't seem like the best liar there is." He took another sip of his drink, a curious look in his eyes.
Tom wasn't sure if she knew he was there for the tournament or not. Either way, he didn't see how it would be relevant at the moment.

---------------------------

It took Erin a long time to finally sneak out unnoticed. It wouldn't be for long, but long enough for her to be on her way. Erin loved her brother, she knew he would do anything to protect her, but she couldn't let him go this far. So she decided to follow him and try to talk him out of what he was going to do.
Erin knew Tommy well enough to know that this couldn't be good for him, and could even end up badly.
He was a good man, but he wasn't what one would consider a marrying type. He was irresponsible, immature and, at times, not very well-mannered.
Above everything... He was very fond of his freedom. He was happy being who he was and she couldn't let him give that up. Did she want to get married? No. But she wouldn't suffer as much as her brother might, in the long run.

She arrived at the town Inn. It was rather late already, but the music was still playing inside. She entered and immediately spotted Tommy speaking to a young girl. She nodded, a small smile crossing her face. "Of course."

She walked to the bar and ordered herself something to drink, deciding to watch her brother from a distance, for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Melina smiled with relief at Tom. She wasn't sure how he would react, whether he would expose her to the commoners. She hated thinking of them like that but there really was no other way to define them.
"Thank you so much." At his comment of her not being the best liar she blushed. "I was raised to be honest, unfortunately it seems to strike at the worst of times. It is what i like to call, my curse." She said with a soft, somewhat rueful smile. "You would be right however in assuming that I don't do this often. I started because I got curious about the others. They talk about their nights in the village while they work and I so longed to join them for a night. When I did I got hooked. I needed to get out of the castle tonight as my parents are constantly introducing me to more suitors. It was driving me insane, espcially since father announced the tournement." She explained, blushing slightly.

She glanced back across the tavern, her eyes taking in the merriment.
"Everyone seems so happy and carefree here. I rather like it." She murmured more to herself than him. Her eyes fell upon a girl at the bar, she didn't match everyone else. Many of the other villagers wore patched clothing and were laughing and talking to people. She was watching Thomas. Melina felt slightly unsettled and stood up again. "I'll be back in a moment. I'm in need of refreshment." She said, making her way across the room again, ordering another mug of weak ale. She looked along the bar to where the prety girl sat and wondered why she looked so familiar. She moved next to the girl.
"You aren't from around here are you?" She asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:37 am

Once Nickoi got to his room, and the maids left him with Lyal. He turn to the bloude man with a frown. "That comment earlier was not call for. The only reason I like tan because I like to see what people that I rule over are like. Don't act all that around our host, because that will never get you anywhere." the dark haired man said in a quiet tone. He can see that that man has an ego bigger then anyone he have ever meet. Then he bow slightly and when into his room.

He sees that his things are in the room. He is covered in dust from traveling, so he went into the bathroom. There is a bowl with water to clean with, and he wash his face, hand, hair. Then with wet hair he got out of his dirty clothes and into a night shirt. He lay down on the bed, and blow out the candles.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:10 pm

"You shouldn't consider honesty a curse. I think people don't value honesty as much as they should these day. I would rather be honest than polite any day." Tommy smirked slightly and added. "Although people usually hold it against me"
Tom smiled at her comment about the tournament. "Well, I understand. It must be frustrating for you, this whole thing. I mean... Marriage is supposed to be something personal, not..." He went silent, he wasn't really thinking about his words and that was dangerous. "Anyway... I don't blame you for wanting to get away sometimes."

Tom let his mind wander off for some time. He simply nodded as she said she would be back in a moment, and resumed drinking from his glass. After a few minutes he finally looked around to see where Melina had gone, and choked when seeing her speaking to his sister. Damn, what was she doing here?

----------------------------------------------

Erin kept watching Tommy and sipping from her drink slowly. She was waiting for him to look around and see her there. She didn't want to intrude on his conversation. When the girl that had been sitting with got up and headed for the bar she wondered if she should just go talk to her. In the moment it took her to think about it, she heard someone speak to her, and turned to see the girl her brother had been speaking to. She smiled at the girl. "No, I'm not from around here. And I don't usually come to places like this... It's quite nice actually."

She was going to say something else, but Tom came and stopped in front of her. His tone was not even close to being as polite as it had been so far."Erin, what are you doing here? You have any idea what will happen when he finds out you left?"
She smiled and answered her brother with a soft tone of voice. "I'm here to force some sense into you. You can't go through with this."

Tom really seemed angry now."I am not a child Erin. I can make my own decisions, and some of yours as well."
She simply nodded. "This whole thing doesn't sound at all like a decision you would make."
He slammed his hand on the counter beside him, which caused a lot of heads to turn their way, even with the music and laughter. In spite of that, his voice came out calmer this time."I'm done talking about this." He put a key on her hand. "This is the key to my room, it's the third door to right from the stairs. Wait for me there, and I am sending you home tomorrow."
"I'm not going anywhere without you." She crossed her arms and looked at him serious.
He laughed, even though he still looked very mad."We'll see about that. Now go already."

Erin nodded, angry. Even so, she did as she was told and went to the room. There she sat on the bed and looked at the black falcon that was perched just outside the window. She smiled gently at the bird. Thinking that Tommy really deserved a good slap in the face right about now. If he thought she was going anywhere, he was seriously mistaken.

(sorry if this is a bit long... Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:41 pm

OOC: it's fine. I'd rather a longer post than a small one that i can't work with

Melina jumped at the angry tone in Tom's voice and was about to suggest that she leave when he started an argument with the girl, Erin he had called her. It dawned on her why she had seemed familiar, she and thomas shared an extremely close resemblance to each other. She was too alarmed to excuse herself when they started arguing so she stood silently, her eyes growing wider by the minute. Soon tears pricked them as the argument progressed. She hated when people yelled, especially people who clearly loved each other very much. It struck her that their argument was about the tournement, being a smart girl she had pieced together two and two and it hurt her more than it should have that he didn't want to participate in it of his own free will. She was shocked at her own reaction but couldn't move. When Erin had left she placed a gentle hand on Thomas's shoulder to calm him.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be the cause of an argument so soon in the week. Perhaps it was foolish of me to talk to you, or your sister." She said softly, tears still making her eyes seem to shimmer in the dull light of the tavern. She glanced out the window at the moon and she gasped.
"I'm terribly late. I must go or else I won't make it back into the castle." She said, pulling her cloak back over her shoulders and lifting the hood. On an impulse she kissed him on the cheek.
"Thank you for letting me intrude on your privacy." She said with a small smile.

In tha castle--

Lyal sneered at the dark man contemptiously. "You mind your own business peasant and I'll mind mine." He said with a sniff, turning on his heel and entering his room to prepare his attire for the next day. He had to be well presented if he was going to win the tournement.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Tom was distracted by the sound of his sister stomping her feet while making her way up the stairs. She was angry, but he knew it wouldn't last. Suddenly a hand on his shoulder broke him out of his thoughts. He looked at Melina and felt suddenly ashamed when realizing she had witnessed that whole scene. He felt even worse when she began to speak, and apologized for causing the argument.

He simply stared at her in shock while she continued to speak. Tom wanted to say this was not her fault in any way, he wanted to apologize for upsetting her, he wanted to say something, anything, but really couldn't.

Tom wasn't usually one to lose his words, but he was honestly ashamed of himself in that moment. First for yelling, second because it was very clear to him that Melina knew they had been talking about the tournament. Sure he was there against his will, he didn't like the idea of this tournament, but... That had nothing to do with her personally. If anything, he had enjoyed her company while it lasted.

He simply let her leave, without a word. Although he couldn't help but smile when she kissed his cheek, he wasn't at all pleased with himself. This was something he needed to apologize for when he got the chance. And possibly explain if she was willing to hear him out.

Tom sighed, now starting to feel tire. He walked upstairs to find Erin asleep in his bed. He nodded laughing. "Gets me in trouble, steals my bed... What else now?"

He put a blanket over her and took one of the pillows so he could sleep on the floor. Tom decided not to send Erin home. If she was to be punished for this, he would want to be there to make sure she would be okay. He wouldn't trust his uncle with her.

Tom laid himself over another blanket on the floor next to the bed. He looked through the window at the bird, and smiled. "Phin... Wish me luck, I'm definitely going to need it tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Nickoi lay down to sleep in a bed that is not his own. The dark haired man trys to sleep but he is having a hard to doing so. The tourment is the very next day, and he hopes that the girl has a mind of her own. Not being one of the clueless ladys that he meet every other day. After a few hours of sleep he got up and brush out his black hair. Then change into his clothes for the tourment, with the family color of black and red.

His hair is pull back, but he don't feel handsome. He sigh lightly and sit down at a chair. He trys to read a book, waiting for others to wake for the day.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:31 am

Melina had arrived back at the castle fifteen minutes after leaving the tavern. She had managed to sneak back inside thanks to the help of one of the live-in servants. She had fallen into bed a few hours before having to wake up again at seven, woken by a knock on her door. She started when her mother's voice called in and she hastily removed the peasant outer layers of her clothing so she wore her undergarments. She stepped out of bed and pulled on a silken robe to cover herself with.
"Come in, mother." She called. The door opened and her mother stepped in. An older version of her daughter, Elise looked very beautiful in her ruby red gown, adorned with intricate golden embroidery. Melina dipped her head in a slight curtsey and her mother laughed.
"There is no need for that child, you are my daughter, not my subject." She said with a soft, loving smile. She tilted her daughter's chin up, in order to see her in better light.
"You are becoming quite the beautiful woman, Melina. It is no surprise that you are pursued by so many fine gentlemen." She said. Melina pulled away.
"If you came in here to try and convince me to accept one of those fools as my husband then your efforts are useless." She said, turning to the window, looking out. Elise laughed again.
"No, darling. I wouldn't ask you to marry any of those men against your own will. I do care Melina, as does your father. We just want to see you married well, so we don't have to worry about you." She said, surprising her daughter. Before Melina could reply She turned away.
"Anyway, I have to go greet our latest arrivals. I assume you will be joining us for breakfast?" She asked. When Melina nodded she smiled, leaving.

Melina sighed, closing the large oak door behind her mother, leaning against it. She did not want to meet any new people today. What she really wanted to do was go back down to the village and find Thomas. He was the only suitor she had actually felt comfortable with, perhaps because he didn't seem like a suitor when they had talked, and the way he had been honest with her, not bothering to hide his emotions because she was a lady. She dressed hastily in a blue and ivory gown and walked downstairs. Her Parents were seated in the dining hall, waiting for the morning meal to be served.
"Ah, melina, you are awake I see." Lionel said. Melina curtseyed slightly in her father's prescence and sat down at her place at the table.
"father, I was thinking, i might go for a ride to the village today. It would do the vllagers good to see we have not forgotten them, and for them to see we are not that different from them." She said, speaking cautiously. Her father's expression changed rapidly, from peaceful happiness to anger. Elise came to Melina's rescue.
"I think it's a lovely idea. It will get the villagers involved in the tournement." She said, smiling a winning smile at her husband.

At that same moment, Lyal was leaving his room, at the beckon of the Duke and Duchess's will. He knocked on the door of Nickoi's quarters as he passed.
"We are requested at the morning meal, Farm boy." He called before walking on.

Meanwhile in the village--

The town crier stood in the main square outside the tavern.
"TOURNEMENT TO START TODAY! ALL ENTRANTS TO BE AT THE DUKE'S CASTLE BY MIDDAY!" The crier's voice called out loud and clear, stopping villagers briefly as they moved about in their daily business. A teenage girl ran inside the tavern, up to the resident's quarters of the inn. She knocked on Thomas's door.
"Sir Thomas, the lady Melina asked ,me to deliver a message to thee." She said loudly, in case the man was not yet awake.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Nickoi got up from the chair when he heard the knock and Lionel said. He got up and went into breakfest and didn't say a damn thing to the blonde man. He is still holding a book in his hand from his own library. Once in the hall where breakfest will be held. He bow to the duke and his family. He sees Melina in blue, but it seems that she don't want to be there. "Lady, I glad to see you." he said as he sit down at the table. He place his dark green book on the table, and it was about writings from the past.

He hopes that she don't look down on him, for being himself. He knows that there are more suitors that she had meet before him and he don't want her be overlook him. "Lady Melina, I was wondering what books you can recoman to me? My own library is small, but well loved. I even let the people use it. I belive that everyone should read and write." the dark haired man said with a soft tone. He don't care about the man with an ego as big as this castle.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Tom had already woken up, changed into his fancy clothes, all black with silver linings on the cuffs and collar, and his family crest (a silver wolf) engraved on the left side of his chest. He felt strange in those clothes, even if they did fit him perfectly. He felt is if they were meant for someone else. He sat on the bed, by his sister's feet, and sighed thinking of the night before. What a mess!

He felt Erin move behind him, and soon he heard her speak. "Shouldn't you leave already, if you really want to do this?"
"I'm going... What's your rush?" He turned to her and smiled. "Weren't you here to stop me?"
She laughed. "You misunderstand me brother... I want you to be sure of what you do. Is this what you want, honestly?"
Tommy flinched at the question. The truth? He wasn't so sure of what he wanted anymore. Melina had been a pleasant surprise compared to what he had met of noble women. The idea of this tournament still bothered him, still... His uncle wouldn't leave him or Erin alone unless one of them married into a title. If he was to marry someone, he would rather it was someone he could be honest to. Not a spoiled and brainless brat.

Before he could answer Erin's question, someone knocked on the door and called for him. "Sir Thomas, the lady Melina asked me to deliver a message to thee."
Tom, stared at the door intrigued for a second, then opened it, and smiled at the girl who had called for him, and moved away so she would enter. "Please, come in. Tell me, what is this message you have for me?"
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Melina smiled graciously as the two latest arrivals entered the hall. she had learnt from one of the servants that the blonde was Lyal, lord of a small property to the east and that the dark handsome man was known as Nickoi. She smiled directly at him when he askd her what books she would recommend. He seemed polite, kind and very noble, but he did not lord it over everyone. She liked that about him. She, however, despised Lyal the moment he walked into the room. By the glimmer of frustration portrayed on her father's face, she knew her father did not like him at all. Her father was sometimes misjudging but her mother had given Lyal the slightest of glares and Melina knew that this was not the man hre parents wished to welcome into the family. She wondered about what their thoughts of Thomas would be. She scolded herself for thinking about him at all. She should have dismissed him from her miind as she did the others she had met, but he was different. While answering Nickoi, she wondered about the messenger girl ahe had sent earlier that morning. Had she arrived at the tavern? Had thomas gotten her message?
"I would recommend the works of Balthazar Monk, he is a rather talented writer, my lord." Melina said to Nickoi, keeping her manners. "I was just discussing a trip to the village today with my parents, perhaps you would like to accompany me, Lord Nickoi?" She asked, before her father stepped into the conversation.
"My dear child, you forget, today is the beginning of the tournement. Lord Nickoi will be attending in many of the events. And I would implore that you attend, yourself, child." He said, in a slightly tense voice. Lyal had started eating, picking at his meal slightly before listening to their conversation, but not joining them.

The messenger girl opened the door shyly and stepped into the inn room.
"My lord Thomas, the lady Melina requests that I give you this message for you to read when you have a moment alone." The girl said. She handed him a scroll of thin parchment. She had read the message herself, as the lady Melina had asked for her opinion on whether it was a bit to irrational and forward. She smiled as she recalled the note.

Sir thomas,
I know this may sem a little forward as our brief meeting was only a day ago and you probably want nothing to do with myself or the tournement but I feel compelled to see you and talk with you. I ask that you met me in the orchard to the west of the castle gardens when the sun is just above the treeline of the west forest. I hope you will agree to meet me. I will wait for you until darkness falls. I understand completely if you do not wish to see me, but I can hope.

Sincerely,
Melina
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:53 pm

"Will you go?" Erin had read the message from over his shoulder. Tom simply shrugged his shoulders. She giggled. "You want to go... I know you do. Can I accompany you maybe?" He looked at her serious, she smiled. "I want to see the orchard. I won't bother you, I promise." She gave him a tight hug and insisted. "Please?"

Tom sighed. "Fine. Just... Get ready quickly and meet me downstairs."

Tom put on his boots and walked downstairs. Unlike the night before, when he wore his travel clothes and was unarmed, today Thomas actually looked like a nobleman and had his sword at his waist, it made heads turn his way as he passed. He didn't like it at all. He sat by the counter waiting for Erin. Why did women take so long to get dressed? He sighed.
Minutes later, seemed a lot more to him, Erin came down the stairs. She attracted twice as many looks as he did, that bothered him a bit more. She was wearing a light green dress, very simple, but it fit her perfectly and brought out the bright color of her eyes. She smiled at him cheerfully. "Shall we go now?"

Tom sighed, and nodded in disbelief, but couldn't help but smile at Erin's cheery expression. "Yes, we shall."

He led the way towards their destination and Tom explained everything his sister had fail to notice. Erin looked at him, her eyes growing wider and wider as she understood the situation. "So... The girl you were speaking to last night is actually...?"
Tom nodded. "Yes."
Erin stopped walking. "And we said all that in front of her?"
He sighed. "Yes."
Erin shivered slightly thinking of the argument. "That's just embarrassing, but... Let's face it, you were the one who started yelling at me."

Tommy laughed. "Really... Weren't you the one who pretty much yelled out that I'm being forced to do this?" He sighed. "Look, I just don't want her to think I don't like her, that's all."
Erin nodded. "You do like her?"
Tom frowned at her tone. "I liked talking to her. I met her yesterday, Erin."
She nodded as they began to walk again. She kept quiet, and Tom knew she was thinking about which way she would try to push him next. For some reason she never seemed to think he could make the right decisions on his own.

They arrived at the orchards, there was no one around, Erin started wandering around and humming a song, she loved nature and plants. Tom was a little less relaxed than his sister... Why would Melina want to see him again?

Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:03 am

melina dashed out of the castle, hastily fastening her satin green cloak around her shoulders as she did so. She had been held up by the insistance of her parents asking that she spend the afternoon with one of the newly arrived suitors. It had made her late for the meeting which she herself had requested. She neared the orchard and slowed down. Straightening the skirts of her gown as she caught her brath, and fixing her hair only the slightest, she entered the orchard. She spotted Thomas and walked up to him. He had his back to her, she had gone the other way from the castle so no one would become suspicious of her actions. She saw a woman in the distance, recognising her from the bar the previous night. She bit her lip and stepped closer to the man, feeling suddenly nervous. She had no idea what she was going to say to him, she just felt they had left things a bit awkward the night before.

" You came, I wasn't sure whether you would." She said, finally mustering the courage to make herself known. As much as she would've liked to watch him as he studied everything around him, she was an honest and loyal girl, always keeping promises and meetings. It was the way she was raised. So she spoke, letting him know she was there. She felt her heart beat wildly in her chest as she waited for his answer. When she saw him close up, a fluttering accompanied her breathing in her stomach and she wondered why he seemed able to provoke these feelings inside her when no other man managed to provoke anything other than boredom and disdain, and perhaps pity. She smiled softly, trying not to let her expressions betray her feelings. She moved right up to him now, so that they were merely a foot apart.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Tom opened a smile before even realizing it. He didn't know why she wanted to speak to him, but he knew what he needed to say. He nodded. "Why wouldn't I come?"
He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned casually against a tree. "I do have to apologize for my behavior. I don't usually yell like that... It's just a side of me that my sister is very good on bringing out. She may literally drive me crazy one day." He shot a glare at his sister as to make sure she was really out of hearing range.

Tom then looked Melina in the eyes, trying not to look so nervous and inquired. "So... Did you have something to talk to me about or... This is just for the joy of intruding on my privacy?" He smiled playfully as he spoke, if not for any other reason, to try and make himself more comfortable.

--------------------------

Erin did as she had promise and stood further away. That way she could keep an eye on Tommy, but not overhear anything. Even so, she knew her brother well enough to know by the way he was carrying himself that he was nervous. That was just unusual for Tom, even in the presence of such a pretty woman. Unusual indeed.

A loud screech alerted Erin to the fact that Phineas had followed them. She looked up to see the falcon flying over them in wide circles. She giggled watching the bird fly around. Tommy really loved that bird, and Phin would always find him wherever he decided to go.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Melina smiled softly again, feeling slightly less nervous now. "Oh of course only to intrude on your privacy once again. I enjoy making sure no one feels lonely when I am around." She said with light humour. Her eyes sparkled a little and she blushed at his gaze.
"Well to tell you the truth, I was hoping to see you again for.... well i don't really know what for." She admitted ruefully. She lowered her gaze, blushing lightly. Her hair fell in a curtain around her face and she pushed it back slowly. She looked at him again, her eyes locking onto his before a screech caused her to look up.

A falcon flew amongst the trees and made her smile.
"A beautiful bird." She murmured. Her eyes followed it's movements before she looked back at Tom, feeling nervous again.
"I- I don't know how to explain this, as I don't know what is going on,all I know is that i've been distracted all day because of meeting you last night, and i don't understand why it is i can't dismiss you as I do so many others.' She blurted out, blushing again lightly as she realised how she had said it.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 am

Something in her eyes tells him that he is to late, so he only smile and bow from the table. He innerly sigh, but he will not get in the way of someone elses life. Nickoi got to the stables near the orchards, and bring out his dark gray mare, Lilyflower. "Hello, girl. You miss me?" the dark haired man said to his horse. Lilyflower gently nuzzle his chest with her nose to say she has. The start of the tourment have keep him busy and the sun is over the western forest.

He starts to brush his mare with a tune from his childhood. He knows that Lilyflower love a good brushing with a song. While brushing his mare, he hopes one day to marry someone who is smart and loves him for himself, not his title. Those type of woman are hard to find this days, but he will have hope.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Tom looks up at Phineas, not that impressed since he is used to having him around. He then waited for her to finish talking. He smiled gently. "Oh, well..." he scratched the back of his head, suddenly feeling nervous as she had been incredibly honest with him, and he was not used to women being so direct. Although he enjoyed the honesty very much, it still made him nervous. "I really don't know what to say. Except, you seem way too nice to be someone who likes me... In any way."
His eyes wandered about for a moment, and then he added. "I'm not exactly a gentleman most of the time."
He then smiled nervous. "I do enjoy your company, so... Intrude one my privacy whenever you feel the urge."

Tom looked up at Phineas and smiled. He then put his two index fingers in his mouth and let out a loud whistle. Tom extended his right arm and the bird soon began to descent and landed on it. Tom looked at Melina with a smile. "So, you met my sister, and this is my other stalker." He began to pet the bird gently, and added. "His name is Phineas."

-------------------

Erin wandered about the orchard, and thinking that maybe she should leave Tommy alone with Melina he begins to explore the area, not really minding to wonder if she is allowed to be there or not. She was never really that careful with boundaries, as Tommy knew well.
All of a sudden she hears a song at a distance, and decides to see where it's coming from.

She ends near the stables, which she thinks is great, since she really loves horses. She flinches though, when she sees a man there, but her eyes linger on the horse he is brushing. She thinks it's just a beautiful animal. Still, not sure if she should say something, she simply stands there watching the gray horse and it's owner.

Last edited by Blackbird26 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:29 am

Nickoi is so into brushing his mare that he didn't know that someone is behind him, so he contue to sing. "Let your heart run wild horses as they run. There is nothing that they cannot do..." he sing softy as he brush loving. Lilyflower was his mother's and he love this horse more then the others in his stable. Once done brushing his mare, he turn around to pat Lilyflower's nose, and he sees a young woman in a light green dress. He sees that she been watching him and his mare.

"Hello, Lady. Do you like my mare?" he said with his trademake slight smile. He gently pat the nose of his horse. He is wearing his black outfit from breakfest, but it slightly dusty. His dark hair fall into his face and he push it back out of his face. But it is a losing battle with his hair, it never wants to stay in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A challenge for the lady (IC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next