The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

A challenge for the Lady

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Puck_midsummernightsdream
Infant
Infant

A challenge for the Lady Empty
PostSubject: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:03 am

In our world there lie many passages leading to many other places. If you wander a little way into the forests of Ireland you will come across a glade. This glade is filled with flowers of all kinds, native and introduced. But only a chosen few have ever located the void. This void is hidden by an illusion, an illusion that masks the land of Vistahtra. I ask you to trust me. Take my hand and step through the void with me, into the world of Vistahtra, where the Duke has just announced his Daughter Melina must be wed. He is holding a tournement to choose a husband for his eighteen year old child, as she refuses to choose any man for herself. (The suitors are quite ghastly in her opinion) Will you be brave enough to adventure into the kingdom of Silver Waters and place your name in the tournement to win the lovely Mlina's hand in marriage, or will you be a wanderer, a spectator or even a hired hand? Make your choice travelor, and make it quickly.

Skeleton:

Name:
Appearance: (words or image, or both)
Personality: (optional)
History: (optional)
Other: (this can include powers or magic if you wish it, i must ask that you try to stick to the genre and setting, and if you are from another world, don't mention it too much)

Name: Melina Douclet
Role: Duchess, daughter of Duke Lionel and bride to be
Appearance: Long black hair tumbles in waves around a tanned heart-shaped face. Dark blue eyes twinkle, illuminating her face. A smile often tugs at full red lips. High cheek bones make her ancestry known. She has slightly pointed ears and angular features. She is about 5'15 and she is slender but not skin and bone. She is elegant and graceful
Personality: Melina is an honest girl. She is caring and friendly but has a temper and is often rather rash with her descision making. She is much like her father with her temper. She has never known what it is like to be loved properly and she knows that many of the men participating for her hand in marriage are mostly in it for the title.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 am

Hum... Wonder if maybe I should make a new character for this instead of using my own... Don't know what an assassin would be doing in a tournament... Except if he had to kill someone there... I would enjoy that though. lolz

Will be back with a character sheet... Once I figure myself out.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Blackbird, that is fine... take your time, but i'm hoping more people will be interested, someone needs to be a suitor for the tournement, or at least a character for Melina to become involved with, otherwise there is absolutely no fun. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:48 pm

(I'm interested in playing a male for Melina.)

Name: Nickoi Dormood
Role: A small time Lord that want a wife with some brains.
Appearance: He have long black hair that is usually up in a pontytail. His grey-blue eyes ever miss a thing and usually slightly smiling. Most woman think that he is tall, dark and handom, but he don't usually think of himself that way.
Personality: Smart, open to hearing others thoughts about things. Calm in the face of many things and don't let his anger rule over his heart. He is a helpless romantic when it comes to love, and everything else he have a calm head. Bored easily with people who don't think before they act.
History: Ruling over a small shire, after his father past on. Leaving him to rule at a young age, and learn that a calm mind is your best bet to work things out.
Other: You can usually see him reading a book about anything in the world.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 am

Rosegirl, you're accepted and i love your character already... he may just get lucky with this tournement
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:58 am

Thank you. ^-^ I hope so. I like your character too. She is not a helpless princess, but a woman with a mind.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Thankyou... that's the way i wanted her. I hate reading tales of royal ladies who lie around waiting for their prince to rexcue them. If you wait around nothing happens but you getting lazy. Razz She is a symbol of that.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Just popping in to say I'm working on a character... I'll post it asap.

I just... Can't decide between two very different paths... *sigh*

If I think I'm taking too long... I'll make both char. sheets and post them here.

Don't be scared by my mental confusion lolz... It's just how I function.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm

that's fine... you can post both anyway if you would like, and play both... my only restriction to the amount of characters being played is no more than three. except the few minor characters can be controlled by any and by all, people such as servents, and if no one chooses to play them, Melina's parents., and other royalty attending
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Okay... I went for the first choice. Razz

Meet Tommy:

Name: Thomas Wyatt (Tom, or Tommy)

Role: Is pushed by his uncle to enter the tournament, although he is not interested in marriage, or the title.

Appearance: Tommy is 187cm tall, has a strong build, and slight tan. He has black hair, that goes almost as far as his shoulders, and green eyes.

Personality: Tom is one big child. To him, the important is to enjoy life, and he claims that as long as he has no family of his own... He is free to do as he wishes. He is not very pleased with the idea of losing his freedom either. Still deep down he believes that, finding the right woman, he is very capable of being a perfect gentleman, and a good husband and father, one day.

History: Ever since the death of his parents, when he and his twin sister were only 10, Tom was raised by his uncle. He became the rightful owner of everything that should belong to Tom. He didn't quite mind that, he didn't want all that responsibility. However... When he first refused to join the tournament, his uncle threated to arrange his sister's marriage to a rich Lord, who is twice her age. Tom agreed to win the tournament to allow his sister to marry whoever she may choose in the future.

Other: Tommy enjoys flirting with about any female that looks his way, and can be rather rude at times unintencionally. He also enjoys an ocasional drink. He owns a falcon, named Phineas (Phin), which serves him as a companion, and a messenger.

I will also be playing his sister, but I'll put her up tomorrow. Anything that nedds changing, or I forgot... Shout.

Then post, 'cause I can't hear from this distance. lol
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Tommy is accepted.... hmmm Melina is slowly getting choice of suitors... i might post another character in also....

Name: Lyal Vanhogan
Role: Suitor
Appearance: Lyal is tall and blond. he has pale skin and white blond hair. He has cold grey blue eyes that make him seem to look down on everyone. He is thin and sullen, always seeming angry or sulky.
Personality: Lyal is a man that thinks he is better than everyone. He has a habit of talking down to people even if they are more important than he. often sulky or angry when he doesnt get his own way, also he has a habit of acting superior to everyone else.
History: Lyal was a spoiled child. he always got whatever he wanted, never having to work a day in his life. He was raised by a nurse and coddled by his mother and father. No one ever forced him to do anything he didn't want, except for his father's captain of the guards, who managed to trick the boy many times. Lyal grew to despise the guard.
Other: He is a fine swordsman but is often overconfident and dislikes taking orders from anyone. His confidence can be used as his downfall
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Ack. I know I said I was gonna try to put up a character for this, but it looks like I'm gonna back out. More than a couple people in a roleplay make me a bit uncomfortable, and I can't quite figure where I'd fit my character in after all. >3>; Have fun, though.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Tis fine syl, i dont hold it against you.... yet. lol. mwahahahahahaha. Razz okay so i am going to make the actual thread now folks. it will have the same title as this one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:16 am

Okay, so now I'm posting Erin:

Name: Erin Wyatt

Role: Is following her brother to try and convince him to give up the tournament.

Appearance: Erin is 176cm tall. She has bright green eyes and long black hair.

Personality: Erin is a gentle and polite girl. She is very innocent-looking, but she is not naive. She is very smart, and in spite of her sweet nature, she is very stubborn and free spirited. She may not be as loud about it as her brother is, but she agrees that life is to be lived to its fullest. That simply has a different meaning for her than it does for him.

History: Same as Tommy. Except she does not agree with him participating in the tournament against his will. So she follows him hoping to talk him out of it, or at least to try and keep his manners under control if he insists to go through with it.

Other: Erin loves nature, fresh air, the sun, and animals. She will be outside and near water at any chance she gets. She knows a little about healing herbs. She loves horses more than anything. And she is the only one who has some kind of control over Tommy and his childish manners.

Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am

accepted. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the Lady   A challenge for the Lady Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A challenge for the Lady
Page 1 of 1