The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

A challenge for the lady (IC)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 am

Erin was a little embarrassed for staring, but she recovered quickly and walked a few steps towards the man before answering his question. "Yes, very much. She's beautiful, and seems very well cared for also."
She examined the man with her eyes for a few seconds, not really minding the dust on his clothes. "I hope you will excuse my intrusion, I... " She smiled "I thought maybe I could have look in the stables, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be here, so..."

She leaves the sentence unfinished and sighs, not losing her smile while doing so. If she was home right now she would be grounded for some reason (there was always a reason), so just being outside was a relief. Still she knew that the moment she went home her uncle would punish her for sneaking out. Although that didn't mean she didn't believe it was worth it. She turns her attention back to the man. "So, I assume you came for the tournament. Am I right?"

Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:13 am

"Thank you. I don't mind, it will be good be around someone other then guys. As long you are with me you can look at the stables without people thinking something else." He said with his slight smile playing on his lips. He pat his mare, and watch that she look past his dusty clothes. It seems that she likes to be outdoors, and he cannot blame her. It is freeing sometimes, only to have fun in it and not work.

"Aye, I meet the lady this morning. But she seem that her mind on other things. Who am I to get in her way, I can deal with whom ever she chose. Can you lead Lilyflower into the stable for me?" he said as he hand the lady in green the rains of his horse. There is something about that woman makes him want to talk to her more.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Erin smiled at the comment. "Let me guess... The other suitors are arrogant idiots? Or, at the very least, act like it?" She took the reins as she spoke and nodded. "As for lady Melina... I'm afraid my brother might be one of the things in her mind at the moment. although..." She shrugged her shoulders in a careless gesture. "Knowing my brother I can't guarantee she won't hate him by tomorrow."

She patted the grey mare gently and began to lead her towards the stables. "Lilyflower... That's a really nice name." Erin's eyes lowered for a second. "So... You came this far for this, but... You're okay to go home empty handed? That's interesting."
She looked up and smiled. It was interesting. Even the best men she ever knew cared much about winning, including her brother, obviously. Tommy was deep down a good guy, but he could be a proud fool on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Puck_midsummernightsdream
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 am

Melina smiled softly st his comment about not being a gentleman. "I am sick of gentlemen. They treat me like i'm a delicate flower, that I might break if I hear something harsh. I'm more than aware that nothing in life is perfect, look at my family for instance. We seem fine and high and mihgty but we aren't. Father is getting old, he needs a male to take the throne and all he has is me, so i have to marry or else we lose the kingdom, he likes tradition. Mother is constantly trying to train me to be better than everyone and to make me a woman that obeys her husband but i don't like being ordered around. " She said. She found his comment about her being nice rather flattering.
"I was raised to respect people and i do seem to harbour undismissable feelings towards you, so you will have to deal with it in your own way. I won't harbour any hatred if you can't return my feelings but i won't lie and say I'm fine with it." Her words were spoken with determination and stubborness.

When he called the bird to her she smiled, delighted.
"He is a splendid bird. I'm sure he is very faithful to you." She laughed as he told her his name.
"And a fine name it is too." Her smile lit up her face in a way that few had seen before, in a long time at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:27 am

"Aye. I don't doubt that, but he may have a better chance than I do." he said quietly. He watch her pat his horse. Not many people Lilyflower let pet her, and she let this woman which is unusual. "She was my mother's. She likes you, and she don't usually like people at first." he said nicely to this young lady. "I don't let my pride get in the way. I don't care about winning, but I do care about my friends."

He walk next to her and said, "I'm Nickoi. What is your name?" She look pretty as she smile. There is something normal about her, and he can tell that she is not the usual lady that he had meet over the years.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Tom chuckled. "Oh well... So many years of not being polite finally paid off." He watched Phineas as he screeched again and flew away. "I rescued Phin from a trap a couple of years ago. He follows me around, and... Eventually he leaves dead animals in my room. It's funny, I thought only cats did that. He's good as a messenger, also."

He thought about what she said about obeying a husband and nodded. "I think marriage is a prison in any way. If there is no love is a prison for the woman, if there is... Then it's a prison for the man. We are not raised to obey, however... A man in love will do anything you want... Like a puppy. We're very easy to manipulate, you know?" He let that last sentence out with a playful smirk, although, he wasn't joking entirely.

He took a deep breath feeling a little bit embarrassed. He did come here against his will, he didn't like the idea of his sister marrying an older man who's one concern was to make an heir. Melina was a way out. And suddenly Tom didn't like the idea that he might, even if unconsciously, be trying to pray on her feelings. But then, even if he was... What choice did he have?

His eyes wandered to Phineas as he resumed his circling above their heads, and he sighs before looking back at her. "I have to admit, this is turning out to be a lot more complicated than I imagined it would be."

-----------------------------------

Erin simply nodded at his comment. "We'll see... If Tommy likes her, chances are he'll say something stupid. I don't know why, he can only be charming when he doesn't care."
She widened her smile a little. "Oh, well... Horses are very sensitive animals."

She walked slowly kicking a little bit of dirt while she moved. "I'm Erin. It's very nice meeting you." This was something Erin would say often, and rarely mean it. She had very few friends in her life other than her brother. She had met few people other than her uncle's friends and their children, and they were simply... Not very good people. It was a little sad thinking about it, but being sad was simply against her nature.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 pm

He don't usually have friends around his own age, because he always busy with work. Most of them nobles he had meet are air head with egos bigger then a castile. "Erin, that is a pretty name. Here his her stall." he said quietly, with a shy smile. If Lilyflower likes her it seems that she is not a bad person at all, and he needs more friends.

He is wondering what she thinks of him. He hope nothing bad, and she seems nice girl. He needs a nice girl in his lonely life. "So what do think about the people who are not nobles learn to read and write? I think that everyone should learn their letters." Nickoi said with a quiet air.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:12 am

(sorry i haven't been online guys... i'm such a horrible GM lol)

Melina smiled moreso at his words but caught the slightest of guilty looks cross his features before it was gone again.
"It is rather complicated... And i appreciate you saying so in such a plain manner. I've not met many honest men in my life, at least none that aren't just in it for the title or the pretty wife. I've met many who are in it for those two things and haven't been honest. It is easy to tell them apart after three years of experience." Her smile faultered as she realised that perhaps these were the very reasons that he was in the tournement. She bit her lip, as the thought continued to plague her mind. She had thought him to be a genuinely honest man but what if he were just an experienced liar. She couldn't very well ask him but she couldn't just judge him either. She turned away from him to look at the castle she had grown up in.
"It is a wonderful place but is it really worth lying and manipulating for?" She asked softly, not even meaning to direct her words at him. She looked away from the castle to glance at the rest of the grounds.

The orchard stretched to the edge of the grounds, meeting the treeline of the forest. The training yards occupied the south of the grounds, which was next to the tournement grounds. A large garden was on the oposite side of the castle and the stables and riding ring to the north of the orchard. She loved her home and was glad not to have to leave it but if a loveless marriage was what she had to endure to keep her home she didn't want it. It wasn't worth it to her.
"If only I could know straight away..." She murmured to herself, only just loud enough for her companion to hear her.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

(Not a problem. And... I've seen worse. Razz)

Tom was a little apprehensive at her words, he knew right from wrong, but... He felt a little cornered by this situation. He had been honest so far, maybe he should simply explain why he was here in the first place. He addressed her question in the same introspective tone. "People would lie and manipulate for anything. I've known people who lied and manipulated simply because they could get away with it. Most of the time they do."

He followed her gaze towards the castle for a few seconds, but lost interest rather quickly Tom never really cared about the size of his walls, he could sleep happily in a tent. Instead he rested his eyes on her for sometime. Then he decided that... He might be a lot of things, but he was never a liar. It was better if he told her the whole truth.

"Well..." He started, turning his eyes towards the ground. "I can't say I'm here for a title, or for the pretty wife, even if she really is pretty, in more than one way." He smiled involuntarily and then continued, looking at her again. "I don't have much of a choice actually. My uncle wants this of me and... If I was to refuse, my sister would be forced to marry someone I believe would make her suffer."
Tom sighed heavily. He felt like a bad man for doing this, but he hoped she would understand this situation. "I honestly don't care for any titles, and anything they might bring me. I never have. I am, in many ways, a simple man. However, my sister is the one person I would lie and manipulate for. Even though it sickens me, I would be willing. And even now as we speak I have considered it."

Tom lowered his eyes again and a slight smirk crossed his face. "So, you see Lady Melina... This curse of yours called honesty has probably saved us both. Since it was rather impossible for me to do something I might regret when you keep calling me honest."

Even though he said that, he was starting to regret his own honesty. He was a little afraid of how she would see his 'nearly bad intentions'.

-------------------------

Erin smiled at the question, although she found it strange to have someone ask her opinion. "Everyone should read, I think. Although I myself don't get the chance too often. My uncle doesn't seem to think I should." She shrugged casually. "I do manage to smuggle some poetry into my room on occasion. My uncle usually takes it away when he finds it though. He prefers I stay cute and ignorant."

She settled Lilyflower in her stall as she spoke. Even though Erin was not at all an introspective person, she always felt slightly more comfortable with animals than with people. She found it to be much more simple to get a horse to understand you than a person. In many ways she found them much more intelligent as well.

Breaking out of her thoughts, she added in a cheerful tone. "I play piano to pass my time usually." She looked at Nickoi with a smile as she said that. He seemed to be a nice man.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:29 pm

"Then your uncle is a fool. I think that a woman with her own mind is a wonderful thing." Nickoi said with a quiet tone. She has a wonderful with Lilyflower, and he thinks that his gray mare knows something he don't. He let her lead his mare into the stall. "I cannot play a thing, even if I try." he said with a slight smile and a light laugh.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 am

(sorry guys i really am a terrible gm)

Melina nodded, biting her lip. "People can do desperate acts for the ones they love. I can understand why you would enter a tournement for your sister and I hope for her sake that you win, and if perhaps you can come to feel something other than mere interest towards me than it will be an added bonus." She said, taking a deep breath in order to control her emotions. She turned to face him, tears filling her eyes even as she dashed them away. She looked at him as the sun sank lower behind the trees.
"I appreciate your honesty Sir Thomas. And i suppose my curse has prevented many mistakes from being made, but perhaps not nearly enough. For even though you come here with the intention of winning he tournment to save your sister from a terrible fate, there are many suitors that you must defeat, and there is no promise that you will win." She said, looking very serious.

Lyle was wandering the grounds of the palace, thinking that he could live a quite comfortable life as Duke of Vistahtra. He looked over and saw the Duchess with one of the other suitors. With a contemptious sneer he sauntered over to the couple.
"Excuse me my lady but don't you think that perhaps you should be conversing with more respectable men, such as myself." He said with a pointed look at Thomas. he placed a hand on Melina's arm and she pulled away.
"Don't you think you should keep your hands to yourself before my father has them removed?" She retorted snidely.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 am

Tom simply nodded, with a sigh. "Well... Let's say that me being here is my polite way of dealing with this. If it happens that I should lose... I'll have to take more extreme measures towards my uncle." He smiled as if trying to take some of the weight of that statement. "Although, losing would certainly upset me either way..." The sudden thought of defeat struck him a little more painfully than he expected, or would be willing to admit at this point. 'A mere interest' honestly didn't seem to cover his feelings, however he thought it better not to touch that matter anymore for the time being.

He smiled at her comment about there being no promise of victory. "Don't worry... I haven't taken anything for granted since I was ten years old, I definitely won't start now. I will confess, even though it might strike you as something odd, it would be easier to win if I somehow disliked you. I wouldn't feel so obligated to fight fair then."
Tom smiled as he elaborated. "If I somehow was to do something I consider a dishonor throughout the course of this tournament, then being forever bound to someone I despise would be sufficient punishment. However that seems to no longer be an option."

As Tom spoke he noticed a man approaching and turned his green eyes at him. And as the man spoke his eyes narrowed and he walked towards the man putting himself between him and Melina, holding the grip of his sword as he did so. "I suggest you act as a respectful man, friend, and apologize to the lady. Otherwise I will feel obligated to teach you some manners."

From the moment the man opened his mouth to speak Tom disliked him. Even so, the man's disdain towards his person was something he could still overlook. But this man obviously didn't know boundaries, and that was something he wouldn't allow.

----------------

Erin nodded, her expression turning slightly more serious. "My uncle is a fool. But I've learned to ignore him, specially his rules." She let out a small giggle. "I spend half my time at home locked in my room, and the other half wandering about in the forest."

She kicked a little dirt and nodded. "I'm sure you can play music if you try. My mother always used to say that music is simply the sound your soul makes when it speaks to you."

Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 pm

"That is a beautiful saying that your mother has. I had the best teachers, but I still don't play, but I love hearing it. Erin, I glad I got the chance to meet someone like you." he said while a light smile. He means every word he said to the girl in the green dress.

Nickoi gently holds out his arm to her, "Do you want to walk and talk a little longer?" With the other hand his push back his black hair out of his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Melina didn't protest as Thomas stepped betweenn her and Lyle. She was slightly surprised by his replies so she was still in a bit of shock. She noticed the slight movement of Thomas placing his hand on the hilt of his weapon. She realised then and there that if Lyle were to make a wrong move, Thomas would not hesitate to harm him. She placed a hand on his arm, gently so as not to startle him.
"That won't be neccessary. It's getting late. My parents will be waiting for me." She turned to Lyle.
"I would appreciate if you would tell them I'm on my way." She said with a very pointed look. Lyle suppressed an angry snarl. He nodded curtly to Thomas and bowed slightly to Melina.
"As you wish, my lady. Another time then, man. Perhaps in the arena." He said with a slightly impish gleam in his eyes.

After he had left Melina walked around to talk to thomas.
"I should probably go." her voice was quiet, as was usual with her. She looked back at the castle briefly to watch the servants bussling around the grounds. She turned back to him and a brief realisation crossed her mind.
"You are attending the banquet tonight, aren't you?" She asked with a slight hint of concern in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:52 pm

Tom felt the hand rest on his arm and it somehow broke him out of his sudden urge to murder this person. He let Melina take control of the situation and didn't respond as Lyle addressed him. He took a deep breath to make his tone calm. It took him a few minutes as he watched the man leave. Tom wasn't exactly sure what brought that up in him, he never acted like this. Never. He wondered what made him do this, but... At this point thinking would be too much. "Of course. Again, I apologize. I didn't mean to act like such a... Territorial jerk. I'm sure you could have handled it." He made sure to look away as he spoke.

As she asked about the banquet he winced a little, remembering the fact he had not properly introduced himself to her parents as the other suitors certainly had. "Sure I will. I hope it's alright that my sister comes along. She'll be bored, but I don't trust her not to get into trouble." He wasn't joking. At that point though, he remembered Erin and began to look around. "If she hasn't already, that is... I should probably go find her. I suppose we'll see each other later then."

Tom bowed slightly and smiled, imitating Lyle's tone. "My lady..." He snickered as he turned towards where he last saw Erin and began to walk the path looking for her.

--------------------------

Erin smiled shyly at his comment. She did want to keep talking, but she suddenly became aware that it might be getting late. She didn't tell Tom where she was going and she didn't want him to show up and act all protective. She absolutely hated that. "I would like to, but I'm sure my brother must be looking for me by now. Maybe we can talk more on another occasion?"

She barely finished talking and she saw Tom coming from a distance, he walked a straight line to her and frowned slightly as he stopped. "Have you been kicking dirt around? That's simply not proper behavior for a young lady."

Erin laughed loudly at the perfect impression of their uncle's favorite speech. "Do you really want to lecture me in proper behavior Tommy?"
Tom snickered, but didn't answer. He had now noticed Nickoi. "Hi, I'm Tom, Erin's brother." He moved a little closer to his sister as he spoke and put one arm around her shoulders. "So... May I ask what you and my innocent looking sister are talking about?"

Erin gave Tom a very ugly look, and muttered. "Shut up!"

Tommy nodded laughing. "Calm down... I'm just asking.

Erin sighed, although she seemed to be struggling not to laugh. She smiled at Nickoi with a slightly apologetic look in her eyes. "I apologize for him. He is just an embarrassing fool sometimes."

Tom frowned pretending to be offended. "I most certainly am not!" But then he slightly changed his tone to more serious one. "Seriously now, we should get going."

Erin nodded. "Alright, go ahead."
Tom frowned a little bit, but did as she said. Erin turned to Nickoi and chuckled. "I'm sorry, that was just... I don't know what that was." She felt her face starting to warm up a little as she spoke. "It was very nice meeting you. Hopefully we will continue this conversation another time." She bowed slightly and turned to follow Tom back into the village.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Nickoi can only smile when Erin's brother came walking up. He had to stop himself from laughing at them acting all silly. He wish quietly that he had a brother or even a sister to grow up with. He had to grow up so fast that he didn't really have a childhood.

"Of course. I will like that a lot." he said to the lady in green while she left with her brother. He bow lightly to her back and then walk back to the castile by himself. Until he ran into the Lady Melina, and smile with a knowing smile. "Lady, how was your day?" he ask with a light bow. He is still dusty from the tourment, but nothing can change his happy mood.

Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Melina watched the guests arrive in their carriages and what not. She sighed. "Well here goes." She murmured to herself, pulling away from the window and glancing at her reflection in the mirror. She made her way down to the entrance hall, the soft skirt of her gown swishing around her feet. She was aware of the stares she recieved as she approached the large oak double doors, but she paid no mind. She was searching for Thomas. Her eyes raked the crowds, curtseying politely to evryone. Lyle approached her.
"My lady, should you not be in the dining hall?" He asked. She tuned around.
"Oh, hello sir Lyle. Should you not be in the dining hall?" She asked him. He gave her a cold look, before remembering his place.
"I came to escort you." He looked where she was looking. he noticed that she seemed preoccupied. "Unless of course you're busy."
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Nickoi came down the hall with a clean black suit, when he sees that Lady Melina is dealing with a bloune hair lord from before. "My lady, I was hoping you show me that book you told me about earlier, if it not too much tromble." he said with a slight bow, hoping that she is getting the hint that he is trying to help her out. The dark haired man gently push back his hair out of his face.

Even if he don't marry her, he wants to be her friend. Being a noble can be a lonely time if you don't have anyone that you trust.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:25 am

Melina smiled gratefully at the lord, curtseying slightly.
"Of course, Nickoi, it almost slipped my mind. It's in the library." She turned to Lyle, giving him a curt smile.
"If you would excuse me sir, I must attend to this matter. Feel free to take your place in the dining hall. the rest of the guest will be arriving promptly." Lyle replied with a simple nod, scowling coldly. he didn't like the farm boy at all. He was determined to be the one to win the tournement but he realised he would hae some competition. Particularly tat fool from earlier this evening. he thought bitterly. Melina led nickoi away from the entrance hall and smiled at him.
"I want to thank you for what you did. I was worried I'd be stuck with Lyle for the evening. He really is absolutely unbearable."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenge for the lady (IC)   A challenge for the lady (IC) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A challenge for the lady (IC)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: The End :: Inactive :: Intermediate-
Jump to: