The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+9
Thepsycoman
Arzoath
Ari
Common Nonsense
SilentxMidnight
pjkio03
Frozen Memory
Shiva
fleamailman
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Ari
Hatchling
Hatchling
Ari

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 pm

If you are writing solely for readership, then I must agree, your methods makes an amusing read.

But whatever the goblin wrote after that, I confess I did not understand at all.

But I was, in fact, an opponent, albeit for a short moment there. Your wording is slightly confusing, see, because of its immense length, but it's understandable in the end. However, I wish to pose the question: what are your reasons for writing? How does having the knowledge of readership satisfy you?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:16 pm

(the goblin appreciated ari for the post, replying "...being anonymous, my reasons seem totally selfish, "a journey to self" I have often called it, but coupled with this is mere habit I suppose, where whatever motivation I originally had is mostly replaced by force of habit, and where habit needs no reason for itself then...")

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you thinking" thread

well, for example, the goblin was now thinking of the government's pension system and relating it to that illegal "pilot game" again, where the newer members simply paid their dues to the older one here, and seeing that, like that game too, it was only sustainable when new members kept joining in, till the pyramid eventually flipped upside down, so the question for the goblin now was simply one of how to word this idea in a way that was both amusing and clear, saying "...in fact, no idea is actually new in itself, nor is it really ones own idea either, as ideas are just inanimate concepts that anyone can hit on..." he paused, looking over what he had said, then continued "...no, only that, in wording out any idea in my way, the idea becomes both me and mine, doesn't it...", just it was as if the goblin followed the path of his thoughts with his pen now, and, regardless of what he actually wrote, it only returned him to his "the journey to self" each time

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Clipboard81hf4
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:05 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin had noticed that rarely did protectionism exist without dictatorship, "...perhaps the one leads to the other then, perhaps not, but each dictator seems to come in on the back of an economic downturn, revolution and then dictatorship..." ventured the goblin though economically, the goblin agreed that localism, as opposed to gobalism, had its merits, and yet one had only to look at the end of the Roman empire to see where that fragmentation of the system eventually leads to

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 HealingBear
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 am

the goblin was simple enough, saying "...each post is based on the question "what in my life is worth posting", and if something is, I see if I can to recreate the idea in a text...", and then the goblin would just try and find some picture that matched whatever text he had written, "...rather like a clothes statement I suppose..." he added, continuing "...and finally I post it away keeping a copy for myself to see who I am..." and with that the goblin felt that his awareness was growing with the ongoing posting here

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 17
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am

repost from elsewhere, the "how did you find this site" thread

"...well I remember now, it was when I stowed away of the prion mothership just trying to avoid my relatives over christmas..." explained the goblin, continuing casually "...yes, this site was in their data log base to be more exact, under "strange human perversions ", next to highly top secret bit about their government infiltrations here..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Restraint
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 am

"...rotten cold, oh this is thanks for nothing..." said the goblin who by nature was a passive friendly sensitive type, yet with his infuriating cold he felt that perhaps, playing Rometotalwar as a crazed murderous bloodthirsty general at the head of a Roman army storming those ancient worlds one or two at a time, had in fact some understandable appeal to it, and therefore his rallying speech would probably be "...men, the road to Rome and final victory is marked in mucus, I Augustus Fleamailman will show you that no common cold can ever stop us..." while sneezing his last into the towel

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Gfgfgfgdfsfsfg
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:04 am

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you thinking" thread

the goblin was thinking of "romeo and juliet", the two clans of capulet and montague, and that outsider mercutio, where when fatally wounded mercutio is saying "a plague on both your houses", to which the goblin simply ventured "...my bet is that shakespeare had the US congress in mind when he was writing that clan feud thing into his play then, perfect fit too..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Coe
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:43 am

repost from elsewhere, the goblin's two cents then

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=488580&GT1=28103

the goblin showed, feeling that most points had already been mentioned by now, saying "...society functions on having its civilians accept the idea of greed and punishment in their midst, the carrot and the stick then, so the question, that hasn't been explored here, is do those who kill their victim turn out to be better adjusted to this society, for it's the same difference now, in that "mercy killing" is just that, where the others are "punishment befitting the crime", "self defense", "the fetus is unwanted", "defending ones liberties", and the like, all just "loophole justifications" on some slippery slope to a mental acceptance first, and then on to the physical compliance afterwards..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...isn't that what goes though the contestants minds at the time then, and just how things were looking back at recent history now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Buchenwald
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:03 pm

the goblin thought he was thinking now, saying "...the trouble is that I could equally be "not thinking much" and my life would pass just the same I know...", though the goblin's dream last night had been of a naughty boy of about 6 or 7 years old, who had, as if in a dare then, entered his parent's house, and walked up to the goblin and said "hello" and then retreated being followed out into the garden where unfriendly neighbors were angry for causing such the commotion amongst them, or ill will, whatever, "...well that's what you get for suppressing thoughts again..." mused the goblin thinking about it now, continuing "...ah yes, it does seem pretty obvious who that little child in my dream really is though, and he's played that same prank on me a number of times now, and sometimes, like in this case where it's dad's time now, I just know he's going to play the same prank again, while at other times he just suddenly appears out of nowhere, oh I guess I should accept just him and his prank too, but he often gets the better of my emotions whenever I haven't seen his coming that is, where I should have known all along the nature his visits by now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Dicksee23
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm

"You have almost won, but not quite yet." Came the sly voice, the man wearing the bowler billycock hat sitting at a chair, his legs propped on a table as he observed the goblin remember past speeches he had made. His mask of ice remained solid, cold, and unyielding.

When he spoke, the thread, which had been a monotone nearly giving in to the last contestant propped up in a narrow hope of competition. The window was blown ajar by a gust of wintry air, despite the changing of the seasons.

§
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 am

Quote :
You have almost won, but not quite yet." Came the sly voice, the man wearing the bowler billycock hat sitting at a chair, his legs propped on a table as he observed the goblin remember past speeches he had made. His mask of ice remained solid, cold, and unyielding.

When he spoke, the thread, which had been a monotone nearly giving in to the last contestant propped up in a narrow hope of competition. The window was blown ajar by a gust of wintry air, despite the changing of the seasons.

"...ah but I am still winning this unwinnable here..." replied the grateful goblin against the gray morning of his dailylife once more, while outside, down in the street below and beyond, the workings of citylife hinged ever upon some blind acceptance of selling oneself within its perpetuation now, "...ah but my pen alone is mine throughout, where it only jabs at those who would sleep on here, though for those who would post on, it merely parries like a stick in a late summer's morris dance..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 F4-25
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:53 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
I've been away. Have I missed anything of importance?

"...nothing really I suppose..." replied the goblin now, continuing "...that same old decline of the empire n with america, as if resembling something going cheap in some car boot sale now, but with no buyers though, somehow it's seems that the belligerent mismanaged america under bush, resulted in this bankrupt one under obama, true or false then, it's a blame game at this point, with neither side really thinking beyond their own reelection here...", if anything, it just looked like the powers that be had tampered with the dollar in ones pocket so much that any new notes could simply read "in icy dicey we trust", that is where inflationary caused devaluation of currency seemed the sum total of all they could come up with in face to the trillion dollar debt now, with the one in ten dollars going to service it by now, in fact all else seemed trivial next to it where anything else is would be what they would have one look at

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Money-Black-Hole-1
Back to top Go down
Arzoath
Mascot
Mascot
Arzoath

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm

With a mighty and extravagant roar, the dragon took her place among the fledglings she watches over. Oh so young they were! Just barely learning the ropes of their abilities and the far reaches of their minds. With quills in hand, and paper in arms, they little resembled her own hatch-lings but she treated them none the different. She spread her wings wide to cover them all and shelter them from any harm that may come. Few of these precious little jewels had been lost but those that remained burned all the more brighter in her heart of hearts and those barely in their eggs that have not arrived were waited for with little patience. Oh how she wished to see their sparkling and glowing faces looking up at her; their eyes filled to the brim with the eagerness to learn and express themselves in the art of their desire.

"Do not fear, little ones!" she called out to them in her gentle but strong hum of a thought. "Together we are strong and together we grow. Those that arrive next will have much to learn from us. They will be younger fledglings than yourself who have yet to understand our little home, and I expect you all to give them all the respect and love you give to each other to be shared with these little ones as well. Do not shun one that begs for aid, do not turn away from brothers and sisters of the nest. I am sure you all will follow such simple rules. You are all so kind to each other." She brought her massive head down towards them and nudged each one in her version of a kiss. She dared anyone to try and take them away. She'd fight tooth and nail to protect them from those who wished them harm.

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Whitea10the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Black_10
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 pm

(the goblin liked the replies feeling that no one could doubt the sincerity of this thread now, saying "...I might let you win at times, but I will never let myself lose here, and to all those who ask "what's the prize" the answer is "you're looking at at" where otherwise one is simply looking at the penalty of missing ones chance instead...")

repost from elsewhere, the " styles" thread

Quote :
Well, I crap at spelling and I don't care, and I doubt anyone else does either, so there

"...quite right, for if you write perfectly, then you simply betray you age here..." replied the goblin again, adding "...whereas, if you contort you writing style a little, you simply leave them guessing...", in fact, the goblin used to write normally too, but he seemed so much older when he did so

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 V_for_Vendetta_by_chipset
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:40 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...what it's to be ceasar, sand or grain then..." remarked the goblin aloud to himself actually, surprisingly ceasar's voice from the back of the goblin's minds had quickly answered "...oh just get sand goblin, the plebs can survive this famine if they're distracted enough, besides what good is their bread to them without some circus to go with it...", and somehow, on hearing that, nothing seemed changed, rome was still "bread and circus", where sand for the arena took priority over grain for bread, "...so goblin..." ceasar asked back "...think anything has changed since my day then...", "...well not really ceasar, though these days it's called "media coverage" but it's sand sure enough..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Rome
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:08 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...ah but can one afford ones own strength indefinitely then..." asked the goblin now, somehow seeing that america's weakness was exactly this then, that is, it's inability to pay for long term commitment aboard, saying "...well, my guess is that every tyrant on this planet now sees the US financial constraints, over any new open ended commitment abroad that is, as something which allows them to act with impunity towards their own subjects...", simply history had shown examples of where some protectorate situation had weakened both the protector, and the protected alike, to the extent that some retraction of empire later occurred, the goblin just concluded "...so the tyrants are sitting pretty here, they can just continue to oppress their citizens on the one hand, while claiming aid for them with the other..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Show-rodriguez
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:05 am

repost from elsewhere, a roleplay site's "last post" thread

"...I'm doing great, earthgirl of this roleplay site..." said the goblin "...trouble is I am not quite sure what I am doing yet, it still needs a few more coffees and then I can just sit between the Muse who thinks things up and this slot here who swallows them whole...", and then the goblin wondered what role playing was about because he had never been anything but his simple goblin self, so he asked "...wow, does this mean that I get the chance to play the role of a human, goodie never been one of those before...", the muse shakes her head "...no, goblin it wouldn't work, you'd just go over the top again, trying to portray a human as a paragon of greed and flawed aspirations...", in fact, the slot didn't mind whatever the goblin did as long as it meant getting fed by posts "...go for it goblin, your slot awaits you now, the bigger fool the better..." and with that the goblin felt he had to post again "...and now slot, my first act as being a human now..., ..." the goblin then rushed over to the television set first, continuing "..., ....should be to create a mental circle encompassing the sum total of male activity in the 21st century, including their television, that computer, fridge, microwave, toilet and bed...", "...and then what goblin...", "...well I don't know slot, make the same circle I suppose, I mean left to themselves, what else do they do then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 TheGoodies
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:17 am

repost from elsewhere, a biker's "ramdom stuff" thread

Quote :
the wizard will mess you up with your own word's weirdo ...

"...nah, you should look at what the wizard says before you say that then, he's saying here that the more intelligent are modest about it..." explained the goblin now, adding "...and o how the inconspicuous intelligence must abound us now, as something like antimatter, unseen yes, but still there because the wizard's theory tells us that it is, but I'll let you both into a little secret now, "the emperor wears no clothes" here, to date I've only seen one writer type amongst you now who, admittedly, seems wiser than those who post here, and yet not as wise as those who don't post here...", but the goblin didn't care for wisdom at all, he cared for imaginative madness, saying "...ah yes, at the end of the day the wise are often weighed down by their wisdom and simply leave nothing to show for it, where some writer's folly is what you read is it not..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Catch_a_star_david_ho
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:12 am

the goblin too, was musing over something about "the hijacking of ideology to create authoritarianism", in that he saw that when one compared nazism under hitler, and communism under stalin, that is, their both having universal welfare, youth movements, a state managed system, compulsory service, state created jobs, labor camps for undesirables and dissidents, etc., etc., etc., etc., it became clear that, although some ideological difference may still exist in the ideology alone, the actual results on the ground was a perfect match each time, "...so ether way, the path to authoritarianism seems paved in ideology then, so much so that fascism/communism/religion/fear and any other ideology too, are all usurped in their turn to create some authority here over those within its grasp..." mentioned the goblin, who somehow tried to have no ideology remaining anonymous throughout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSuWCIYi7T4&feature=related

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Stalin
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Pragha joins the fight, A fight that contains all he believes in, A fight that he could not stand to lose.

"Look out to your left" Pragha calls through the microphone to his allies, Pragha hears a grunt/laugh through the intercom "You watch out stupid orc, The Lich king is about to hit the spot your standing" comes the muffled reply through the intercom. A inhuman scream then silence before the intercom becomes active again "Can't say I didn't warn you" the voice laughs.

Toby Screams in rage and storms down the stairs swearing his head off, Toby's mother walks out of the living room a disapproving look on her face "What is going on" she says in a low and dangerous tone.
Toby grunts "I still can't beat that bloody monster of a man, He just killed me for th" he mutters before being cut off by his mother walking out of the room muttering and shaking her head.

(A brownie for the person who guesses what I'm on about)
((Only one brownie because I know how silly and easy it is))
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:31 pm

("...about a video game no less..." ventured the goblin, adding "...you write well and imaginatively so I like you now...", simply the goblin had great faith in this site here)

(the goblin talked in brackets and published below them"...well, now this is an exhibit thread, we're here to help anyone who wants to express themselves through posts now, think of it not as posting against someone, more that that someone is waiting for your post now..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...a book is rather cold in a sense because the author is not on hand, whereas "live writing" is different, it's where you have the author both corresponding and doing his or her own thing too....", in fact, the goblin was probably mad but mad people do make more interesting posts)

repost from elsewhere

"...at any rate I'll never go there again..." said the goblin as he picked his way through his mailbox, "...for the life of me, those are the silliest "last post" tea-parties I ever was at..." and just as the goblin said this, the goblin noticed that yet another email had the words "the last person to post here wins, reply notification", "...oh, now that is very curious.." the goblin thought. "...oh but everything is curious today. I think I should go back there and see then..." as the goblin pressed the link which then reads "I win", "...curiouser and curiouser..." exclaimed the goblin continuing "...but we'll soon see about that though..." as the goblin readies his reply and posts "...ah now mortals, you step away from sanity if you continue down this path with me here..." but the goblin guessed that it was already too late for many, sanity had never been much fun it seemed

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Artwork_images_137554_357548_yoshit
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you doing" thread

the goblin, at this point, is spinning around a planet that goes slowly going round a sun in an ever expanding universe, that is, while seated typing at his desk with his ever faithful coffee, which rests beside his "Internet access portal" laptop, "...you see, like you, I was traveling through space in real life..." ventured the goblin whose thoughts now seemed to carry him across the ether of the Internet like this, adding "...but this is just so much more faster..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 6-solar-system-map
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:52 pm

repost from elsewhere, advice to a new admin

the goblin often felt that an admin should do the rounds, in that, simply remaining on ones own site was only hiding oneself away and not getting ones site known, so the goblin explained, saying "...well, the idea is certainly not to poach members, which won't work anyway, no, it's to get yourself known on any site one visits by giving ones best on the one hand, while observing and learning that which works on the other...", the goblin was just thinking of the many successful admins he knew who did just this then, adding "...so if an admin visits, visit back, but remember too, to keep ones username, avatar, and posting benchmark as uniform as possible across sites, since all those form ones persona that then becomes synonymous with ones forum..." in fact, the goblin was constantly denying in PMs that he even had a forum, saying "...I'm a "live writer" so I need to be across forum/venues, not stuck with one myself..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Smoking-chimp
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin's hopes were high, it was just his reality got in the way of those hopes again, saying "...the last post always belongs to the last poster here and the clock stops not...", somehow the goblin was reminded to a small bird who walks with a piece of bread too big to fly away with, where other birds form a queue behind him and where, when he finally drops it, the next bird picks it up while the first bird joins the back of the queue behind him, "...oh well, it's still nice to win for a while then..." mentioned the goblin about it, adding "...after all, I made this thread for winners, even the lupusbots won on their thread now, and that was saying something..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Little_Pilot_Skullington_by_Mike-1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Microsoftious

I met a broker of the Wallstreet brand
Who said: Two vast and worthless piles of stock
Lie crashed upon the ground. About them, near to hand,
Now shrunk, these tattered credits lies, that shock,
Of bloated slips whose sure and bold command,
Tell that their author well those passions read,
Which yet survive, scribbled on these worthless things,
The hand that believed them, and the heart that bled,
And upon their cardboard box these words appear:
"My name is Microsoftious, Share of Shares:
Look upon my works, ye wealthy, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of this colossal crash, boundless and bare
The blown and leveled brands stretch far away.

-fleamailman-

the last person to post here wins - Page 4 P1010605
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next