The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+9
Thepsycoman
Arzoath
Ari
Common Nonsense
SilentxMidnight
pjkio03
Frozen Memory
Shiva
fleamailman
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:27 pm

repost from elsewhere, another "last post" thread

Quote :
does this thread have an expiration date?

"...well yes I suppose, because in all probability at some point one dies..." replied the goblin, adding "...though till then it's optional whereas afterwards it's doubtful, though sadly, most forums too, fold before their random threads do, I mean none of those bbs forums are around now, but people still play "last post" in some defiance to dailylife perhaps, or just greed then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Greed-1
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:07 pm

(We love to have you here Fleamailman. You show what this site is really about. It is not just roleplaying, or games, or art, or creative writing, not even just poetry. This site is a mix of everything, all types of writing except really one or two, and those are the adult styles and the such. But you have introduced another form of writing so that is just awesome.)

I'm sick at the moment and so my creativity had died, I just wanted to post that. ^
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 am

("...not to worry, for this posting continues as long as there are replies, for I need to edit my posts here but I don't want anyone to be posting for my sake though I'll read anything someone posts..." mentioned the goblin who was one of about five livewriters now, adding "...just google my username to find the others if you wish, remember that I am old where you become the livewriters of your age now...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Wow...Thats uncanny. How did you know I was wondering about you? Good to see you, It`s been a while! you mentioned a notification pile...I never knew this sort of thing existed on these forums.

"...simply, I subscribe to each "last post" threads then, meaning that if someone replies here, a notification comes through in my email in box now..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...whereas if no one replies, then the thread just lies dormant till someone does...", in fact, the goblin often used the slower threads as edit threads where, here for example, this post comes from his store on thread page 124 as seen by the number on the bottom of the picture below, in that the goblin fed on rapport like this where he usually added a few extra posts to any reply that he winged in brackets, so his editing advanced with the thread along, , adding "...things have come a long way since we last met then, and as a learning curve continues nicely, but I don't have the time to bump threads much these days..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Buster+Keaton+6

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Are run on sentences a necessary part of "livewriting"?

"...no, the only requirement of a livewriter is reposting posts as in polishing them, aka air/edit/backup perhaps, where the third person, the run on sentence, and the matching pictures are just long thoughtout indulgences on my part..." replied the goblin, who used the run on sentence not only to infuriate grammar nazis on writer's forums, and also as something to hide himself behind, explaining "...not much point in me being anonymous if my writing traits then reveal the creature behind them..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 6159358_ori
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:41 am

Dear Goblin you do confuse me sometimes. I have to wonder though, what exactly is live writing? What is the purpose of it? I don't mean to sound rude, I'm simply intrigued.

Once again a short and basic post....

My mind is dead....
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 am

Quote :
Dear Goblin you do confuse me sometimes. I have to wonder though, what exactly is live writing? What is the purpose of it? I don't mean to sound rude, I'm simply intrigued. Once again a short and basic post....

"...livewriting is simply writing in posts as opposed to bloging or bookwriting now, no big deal really, anyone can do it, makes no money but costs nothing, yet only the good can make a name for themselves by it..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...I mean have you ever thought that most people actually come here to read, and to reply too, but they're all about elsewhere then, oblivious to forumland itself, ah but not livewriters, no, they're out to conquer forumland in posts, where you won't remember the username fleamailman but the persona of a goblin is hardly forgettable, so the question is whether you have done a post that you felt was worth keeping", and then reposted it elsewhere in some edited form, where if you have, then you've already started down this slippery slope of livewriting, simply you are where I was once, soon you will be where I am now, or where we are going, a simple journey to self in posts perhaps, one hell of an adventure even..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Lucid-dreaming-blog1

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:39 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 am

("Thank you. I enjoy your posts too." she said smiling slightly. She pulls the pen out of her dark hair and starts writing another piece.)

An artist look over the desert and sees beauty in this hard land. She pull out her paint and other things, then she starts to paint what she sees. The white from the salt flats plays with the of the ground and mountions. The blue of the sky in the morning is clear as glass and soft as water. It took a few hours for her to finish her painting, but to her it don't beat the place itself.

The desert hids secrets under it sands and no one will find them. The artist knows this and is in awe of it power. She can only see one part of it and make art for the world to see. She will never forget this place that made her feel so small.

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Abfa
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Would the goblin like his own Forumland here ? This means that the goblin will create new threads depending on the subject and let the other members the choice to comment or not and go slower with the attachements.

"...ah no, forumland is an abstract term meaning the sum total of all the forums across the internet, whereas I am happy here liking this simplicity of posting to these "last post" threads whose mods and admins allow it to be..." replied the goblin now, adding "...for example, I trust you, so you, or anyone else for that matter, can post here if and when you wish to, you can delete anything of mine that you don't like, call me when I sleep, and lock the thread when you've had enough booting me, nothing complicated then...", no, the goblin wrote that other post before for someone who wanted to become a writer proper, whereas livewriting is more like graffiti where none of those writing props are actually needed, one just posts and is known by ones posts alone

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Soldier_with_spray_can_banksy
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin for his part was placing old laptops in in his bistros now or helping other to, telling each owner that anyone can use it whenever they wish, which was true, as it meant that the goblin himself didn't have to carry around an old large laptop as it would just be there free in the bistro when needed, yes far better than a notebook with a small screen, and the owners for their part were so pleased with him, after all "linux with no malware of course", ah, but what the goblin had somehow forgot to mention was that, once he did this, his anonymity would be more perfect than ever, for who could then prove that any of these posts were actually his now, where the laptop was open to all to use that is, saying "...not that I am actually subversive by nature, but neither 1917, nor in1933, did anyone actually stopped to think that some dictator had come into power, no, only after that, did they begin to realize that all they had written might have consequences...", for the church would burn the heretic as the heretic would the church was something to remember when posting

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Cuckoos-nest-645
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm

"There are places that hold a dear memory to us. It can be as simple as a tree or even a place that you see something wonderful. Those places can take you back to a time and place where you were free." the dark haired woman said. She takes a small breath before going on. "A part of ourself get homesick for the things that no longer ours. There is no way to go back to the past, but we look for meaning in the past days." she said as she move her dark hair out of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:37 pm

("...now that was very good and worth me reading..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...hopefully, you're reposting these texts from somewhere, and that, after you've reposted it here in its freshly edited form, you've then gone back to the original and corrected it too, if so, you're becoming a livewriter, or at least beginning to understand the principal of it all, the air/edit/back idea then...")

repost from elsewhere, with a slight forum name change too

Quote :
Thanks, xxxxx - I'll add those to the list. I thought some of the writers here frequented gammarnazicentral forum, but I'm not familiar with it - if anyone thinks gammarnazicentral is a GOOD forum - let me know and I'll add it to the list. I only want sites on the list that people I trust can give a thumbs up. If the public can view the stories posted on a site without logging in as a member, it won't make the cut.

"...well, if I am not mistaken they actually banned me a while back for posting pictures in posts and writing in third person of all sins, but they're still probably a good forum, so please add it to your list then..." ventured the goblin, adding "...but that's just the nature of the beast I suppose, in that some forums are radical where others tend to be more orthodox...", but either way the goblin never looked at someones blog till he had actually looked over their posts first, saying "...seems obvious then, but considering the millions of blogs out there at this point all set against the limited time to view them in, the likelihood of yet one more post reading "hi, here's my latest entry, click on link then" pulling the more seasoned reader here is, delicately put perhaps, less than zilch even...", yet the goblin meant well now, for if not, he would have remained silent letting the folly continue now, adding "...please give me something to read of you here, stop inviting me to blogs elsewhere..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 BnKzG

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:49 pm

repost from elsewhere, the topic of blog plagiary again

“...all rather obvious...” started the goblin, saying “...I mean, isn't this only expectable where a plagiarist's easiest target is some unshared blog in some standard writing style without pictures...”, in fact, the goblin needed to go over this again as if reminding himself, saying “...so anyone can edit me, or delete me, or ban me outright even, yet many other forums would only have the exact copies of these posts for cross reference then..." continuing "...and suppose too, that someone actually wanted to claim my posts as theirs by copying me now, let them just try, meaning rewriting, finding pictures, and praying that someone across any one of those other forums won't raise the alarm on seeing these well seen posts then...”, simply the goblin was only suggesting here that if one avoids that “time and again run of the mill standard blog writing style” perhaps for some more watermarked individuality here, one might actually become a creature other than that a sitting duck for plagiarists then

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Bdl82h
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:57 pm

repost form elsewhere

"...not that I like or dislike sarah palin now..." started the goblin in a matter of fact gesture here, continuing "...and yet, ones expectations of her are clearly met by her, and I seem to remember too, that what actually sold the "sun" newspaper most in the UK market, was its page 3 topless female picture, because it was stimulating without taxing the mind with any undue consideration here, simply it was suggestive yes, but again without substance, more rebellious in a safe sort of way then, it held up that this is what makes me one of the boys mystique that sarah palin too seems to offer her followers now, where the fundamental difference here has to be, that she is not yet topless..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 SNF16SPDB_380_470210a

Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:14 pm

("Thank you very much. Only a few things I post is reposted. You are a wonderfull livewriter yourself and thank you for showing me another type of writing." a dark haired woman said with a slight smile.)

"I grew up moving everwhere in the states. All because my mother loves to move and see everything. It shows me the beauty of the world around me and be understanding of the people of all walks of life." the dark haired lady said quietly. Pictures of things and places from her past fly past her. "Because of that I understand most people and willing to work with anyone." she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 pm

(",,,you'll meet the others soon enough, though you'd be ripped to sheds if you tried it now..." replied the goblin honestly, adding "...it's coming along as you grow to understand this, storing you posts is the key then, air/edit/backup...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Perhaps Livewriting will take the uncommon and make it available to all, while still retaining it's status as a written art, thereby demystifying the writing and publishing process as Duchamp showed up the gallery/fine art scene for what it was?

"...help, sounds like I'm corrupting you now, but I love what you write kobold..." smiled the goblin, continuing "...nah, the nearest I can liken it to is some graffiti artist with a spraycan who does bombs in posts across forumland here, perhaps I should introduce the other livewriters then but they mostly hate these normal writer's forums for their churning out clones, where I think the line goes "if you write like everyone else, then just llike everyone else is how it will be"..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Human_cloning
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:55 pm

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum

"...in the end, I imagine that most people are posting to this forum not because of their books, though admittedly there is scope for that too if advertising of books is ones sole motivation for posting here, though from what I've seen, I very much doubt that it is so..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...no, most people are posting here because they find that other poster's posts feed them their thoughts, and that it is this correspondence with like minded writers, or unlike minded writers, or even posters who don't think themselves writers at all, that appeals to them now...", all the goblin was saying was that he just liked the people behind the posts here, concluding "...to post is to publish, where the readership of this forum is growing from strength to strength too, forumland is sorely underestimated at this point where you and I will change that..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Pogolotti_The_Intellectual
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm

"Art is life no matter what form it takes. Art feeds our souls and let up dream of better days. Everyone have their own take on art and no two people have the same taste." a dark haired woman said while looking at a piece of on the wall. She hears light notes playing from the other room. "Art is a path to the dream world, and we are only guests on it. Let it flow thru you and let yourself be move by it. Let it wash over you like a warm bath, and believe for a moment there is beauty in the world." the lady said with a light slight smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 pm

("...it's coming, remember at one point, you'll need to repost elsewhere, for you are your posts, then you'll need to separate you those posts that meet you benchmark of self and those that merely replies to someone or are some not ready yet...")

repost from elsewhere

"...nah, we've got a long way to go yet, and you haven't struck upon your persona still, choose slowly and wisely though, just remember two things now, that your persona is very hard to changed later without people losing track of you across forumland here, and that people will remember your persona long after they have forgotten your username now..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...this rabbit warren of livewriting goes far and deep, for we are few, amongst the many, amongst the millions out there, but you'll know a livewriter when you see one..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Invite-rabbit-hole
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 am

repost from elsewhere, a chance encounter with a visiting admin who should let bygones be such

“...ah now, you banned me there without debate at the time, rather inept to ask me on this forum here to entertain some nagging curiosity you might have about it or me now...." replied the goblin, adding "...no, those subplots and sideshows of what might have been are all something for the possessive type, whereas for me, forumland is not any one forum but all, or any, that I can actually post on, where being anonymous my posts are on their own by the time I hit the post button, simply a livewriter is an act perhaps where each forum becomes ones venue then, besides, your sentence is passed, whatever trust is broken by it, for I am always happy where I am, while I am never were I was, nor overtly concerned about might have been either..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Drummer
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 am

repost form elsewhere

and with that the goblin's generosity knew no bounds, having just left another old laptop in the second bistro now, and in portuguese too, where soon no doubt everyone would just turn up, buy a cup of coffee and surf away then, and everyone would be like everyone else on it, a blur of users perhaps, where anonymity prevails then, smiling "...so this is linux for me then, no, not the fact that it is malwarefree, nor that one pays nothing for it either, simply it's just that one is unidentifiable here, not that my intentions are actually bad in any way, just that my intentions are not theirs for the knowing nor for them to judge, for surely freedom of speech does not exist where they can keep tabs on who is saying what then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Steptoe
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 pm

"I am a child of the computer age. I usually on playing something or even looking at art. I think that the forumlands is huge." the dark haired woman said with a slight smile. "The net is a vast and infinite." she quoted from a well known lead female anime chacater.

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 6d3a879
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 am

("...the net is vast but only those who are not anonymous get caught on it, simply never gives ones details and one is free forever..." replied the goblin again)

repost from elsewhere, looks like it's not all bans then

Quote :
How many forums do you currently visit? And please now that you'll always be welcome here, you may leave, but you can always come back

"...haven't counted, probably more than fifty then, remember it is in my interest to be across forums now, in that a typical livewriter feeds off replies as much as he create stuff out of the blue..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...I will be here too, though only on this thread then, and if you want to know my motive here, it's air/edit/backup on the one hand, and feed and influence on the other, simply if more people wrote in posts, I'd have more to read on forumland..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Intellectual-conversation
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
As a writer, if you want to throw those rules out as a form of artistic expression, hey, knock yourself out. But if you want to make yourself understood and you don't want to cause people to work at something when there isn't much return, then you may want to consider following some of those rules. Others may think otherwise, so whatever.

"...nah nah, been there, done that, wrong way about going about posting entirely, you'll never get 30,000 hitcount thread that way..." went the goblin, around since the days of BBS, adding "...you see, in posting, nothing alienates a reader more than seeing some long post written perfectly, simply one comes across a as grammarnazi, and ones post would get TL;DR, which is fail in most people's books...", and of course the goblin could write normally and obviously didn't, continuing "...no folks, if there is one line, that I would like to share with you here, it's "if you write like everybody else, then just like everybody else is only how it turn out to be"...", and then the goblin thought back for a moment, hoping the thread starter would excuse this unfortunate hijacking, which not of his making, but feeling the need to reply all the same, adding "...oh, it's an act perhaps, but put it this way, do I need a username with a persona like a goblin now, also unlike what the previous poster suggests I must be a plagiarist's worst nightmare target-wise, and if one knows that forumland is waiting for your post now, where I have several more replies to make after this one, doesn't a dash of imaginative individuality kind of make you want to go "once more unto the slot men, those readers need replies now", so no, I would actually advise anyone against that archaic grammatical goose step in posts..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Vdkcoi
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 am

("I agree with you. This help me write better, and I have the freedom to write whatever I want." the dark haired woman. Then she put a pen to paper to start writing another piece.)

"Peace is hard for humans to work with, because most of us are warrior one way or another. We fight for something meaningful or even something that is not importned." the dark haired lady said with quiet tone. She takes a breath before going on. "All we can do is find a way to be a quiet warrior and only fight when needed too." the woman said.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:38 pm

("...yes, you are getting better, the lines are more fluid now, the narration is more vivid too, but have you done a post that you wish to keep, it will come I promise..." replied the goblin knowing that this was a natural process here)

repost from elsewhere, follow on post, reply to admin's stepping in

"...agreement total xxxxx..." went the goblin, adding "...and certainly I don't want others to follow my style either, heaven forbid, just clones of goblin would result from that, no, each person should find out what is best for him of her here, no I'm not attacking anyone, I'm only defending myself now...", something which the goblin was practiced at

the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Axecat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next