The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+9
Thepsycoman
Arzoath
Ari
Common Nonsense
SilentxMidnight
pjkio03
Frozen Memory
Shiva
fleamailman
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 pm

repost from elsewhere, consoling someone whose cat had died

"...it's funny how those we love never actually part from one when they die, and I suppose too, that it's a strength of character here to be able to feel someone from within now..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...so death is just that transferring of someone who is without, into someone who is within..."

Spoiler:

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Brice
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:22 pm

A young woman look at the full outside her window, she sigh. She is playing with a necklace that her love gave her before he when to war. She hopes that he is alright and thinking of her. She writes to him all the time, but she knows that it takes time.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Quote :
A young woman look at the full outside her window, she sigh. She is playing with a necklace that her love gave her before he when to war. She hopes that he is alright and thinking of her. She writes to him all the time, but she knows that it takes time.

"...I would do it slightly differently but everybody does it differently so there is no good or bad, just differently then..." mentioned the goblin who would have put in "the young woman slowly looks out at the fall from her window here, sighing, she touches once more the necklace that he had given her before that war had called him away, where perhaps too, he was thinking of her for all those letters she sent, well at least she hoped so now, though time alone would tell", explaining "..simply I like the bad grammar of follow on lines, but that's just me I suppose..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFjFrUTRKMVNTM2hHWUtRMDdxbU8wbEEAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ

Last edited by fleamailman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:59 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...thanks xxxxx, you're amazingly patient with me at times, but these are early days where simply posts call upon posts here..." replied the goblin now admitting that a problem he often faced was the contrast between the fun of creating some new posts set against the chore of finalizing them afterwards, so his trick was to use the slower "last post" threads as edit threads, which kept them ticking over with posts while allowing him to edit on them, whereas busier threads tended to be for feeding purposes, saying "...simply the pace of a thread is in its rapport then, where replies are like cycling downhill, and where editing is more like cycling uphill..." continuing "...the fun of going downhill risks going too fast with nothing to show for it, whereas uphill risked running out of steam even if it had a firmer footing..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Obraz198-1
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 pm

(I must say I enjoy the optical illusion.)

There is a time in ones life when it is wise for one to settle down. That is of course unless you are immortal or a celebrity.

Alan being the first, and sure to be the second if he joined this plain of reality, he had it all figured out. He would continue to do as he had always done, because by rights he should be unable to fall in love due to his bloodline.

.... Whoops I lost tract of this in my head... Oh well it is a start.

To fill in the gap ill tell you about something on facebook.

There is a number thing going around in which you send someone a number and they write a status about you.
Now being the devil of a person I am I always choose 666, while the person I send it to is a bit of a B--- to me.

Her status: 666: Go jump.

I take no offense as we always torment one another.
But then some idiot comes in claiming that I stole his number..... I would be more then happy to engage to a fight to the death for the number, since I have a similar build to Alan and experience in it....

I tell the man to bugger of and that it isn't his number

His reply?

"Nice profile picture.
Fag"

So now here I am telling you the story of the worst comeback I think I have ever heard XD
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:58 pm

A cat-like creature with feathered antennae and a third eye, walks into a libaray that his lord is reading. He bow lightly to him and said, "M'Lord Paras are you sure that we need the human girl?" The lord lay down his book on the stand next to him.

"Yes, we do. Ronan the Diviner, because The Void is growing by the day and you know as well as I do they will not stop trying to remake our world. She the only one that has the power to stop them. I do wish that I don't have to do it." the Lord Paras. The lord looks to be in his mid-30's, but his eyes shows white ages that had passed.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:22 pm

("...keep them coming, everyone gets better who continues, promise..." reassured the goblin now)

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
I have a problem; I don't know many people who can give me opinions on whether my writing sucks or doesn't suck. I have a piece I'm working on, something I think has potential, but I want outside opinions on it. That's where you people hopefully come in!

"...well, imagine if everyone thought your works great while you yourself actually hated them, would they be right and you wrong I wonder..." ventured the goblin welcoming xxxxx here, adding "...so no, really it only has to please one person, and that's the person who has to live with what he has written...", but anyway, the goblin was an oddball here, in that he didn't much heed the judgements of others, knowing that certain sentiments, such as contempt and envy, would cloud the issue now, so instead he simply looked at the hitcount each time, explaining "...the disparity between a high count, against a low number of posts, is usually a good indicator of a thread's worth to readers..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Matrix
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:24 pm

("...just delete this, if this is too controversial for this forum then..." suggested the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA&feature=player_embedded

"...well I don't think that I could have gone though my youth without doing it, and imagine the number of children going through puberty burdened with all that sexual christan hangup stuff there, no, I am not gay either, but if that really is their stiff interpretation of god's love according to dogma, then they don't know god for the trappings of their organized religious dictates in my view..." mentioned the goblin, who actually knew what they feared most, that god was actually within without any of their preconditions here, whereas organized religion just tried to find preconditions and hurdles to keep it's flock tethered into perpetuating itself, and it was the same for all those "only way" religions too, saying "...look, one is alone in this, and there isn't any "only way", there is only the way within now....", and with that the goblin knew just how much the romans must have hated the gnostics then, heretics to a man, refusing to belong to any organized religion, for sparta was defended without walls

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Burning_church
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 am

Under a weeping willow and a girl sits drawing to world around her. With every line a world is coming to life on her paper. The quiet sounds all around makes her work feel more real. The wind thru the tree, and a few bird calls. A few stands of blonde hair falls into her face, and she push it away from her blue eyes frame in black glass. The world around her falls away when she drawing. All her worries and fears fade away like a cloudy day that gives way to a sunny day.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 am

("...I always read what you write here..." said the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

"...welcome then..." went the goblin now, adding "...simply I know that I will read whatever you post towards your book without comment here, while knowing too, that I probably won't read your book when it becomes published, no not through any malice on my part, more simply because the pace of my life does not give me the time to read through hundreds of pages each day, so instead I just read posts on forumland, for this I sincerely believe is where future of reading is going, something in tandem complimentary to bookwriting then, simply that those who do great posts will build up a responsive readership now...", in fact, that goblin remembered when he was misunderstood and laughed at for saying "look to your persona", saying it again now "...on forumland one is what one posts..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Schindlers_List_01

Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:22 pm

(A fight between two of my characters.)

Madric glared at Alan. Alan held himself in the pose of a martial artist and his eyes were silver disks, Alan moved, his movements should been a blur, leaving the person his anger was aimed at in pieces. Madric smiled and the movement stopped before it started, all of Alan's momentum had been sucked away by his power. Now he gave that same momentum to himself, his body flew forward and his fist was even faster, Alan felt his ribs crack under the blow and his anger started to rise.

Madric went to charge again until he noticed the spiked shadow armour which hand grown on Alan, it was the only thing he had left. Shadows were the only part of his magic which didn't need momentum, shadows appeared where the sun was not and disappeared when the sun came around.

Madric frowned and feinted low, which the shadows followed before he pivoted and kicked high, catching Alan in the head. Alan dropped dead and Madric sneered and turned to walk away. There, just outside his powers was Alan, laughing at him, and then in a silver blur he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:49 am

A child of the age eight is playing in the small creek that runs behind his house. Under the watchful eye of his mother he plays with his fellow friends in the warm water. His mother sighs a little bit knowing her little bear will grow up before she knows it. She watchs her dark haired boy plays with others in his blue swimming shorts that he picked himself.

That boy always love the water, and she remember the day that he first swim. He was only three, in a small kiddy pool, but that didn't stop him from doing laps around it. To her is seems like yesterday that he was only a baby with his daddy's forest green eyes.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 am

("...I like your writing styles, keep them coming then..." mentioned the goblin who too, had so much to edit now)

repost from elsewhere

quite unsurprisingly, the livewriters mostly get banned from writer's sites much like heretics would be burned, they seen an affront to the established book writing techniques, "...well maybe we are too, I mean you've seen both the posts and the hitcount to them, so why can't they, with all their fancy credentials that is, ever match these livewriter's threads themselves, I mean why is it our threads that everyone turns up on, for do they ever illustrate their posts, use third person in their post, repost in a air/edit/backup context, in short do they livewrite at all I wonder, and dare they claim that their posts have anything to show for it, no oh no, all their effort is channeled into their books again, while their posts are lift like some cinderella to their published stuff..." laughed the goblin smiling further, saying "...ah, you see the truth is that all this might look haphazard to you here, but no, I never let my guard down now, not even in a PM that is, for to write in posts means exactly that then, simply "one is book" here where they are books elsewhere now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 SNF01SPDC_380_478850a
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 am

("...normally even if I write it here, I always mark it down as "repost from elsewhere", that way it's never owned by the forum itself, just seen by it..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...the exception is when I write something in brackets, in which case I'm addressing people here...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Rome wasn't built in a day...

"...rome fell in a year, and from within too, simply the western empire didn't really matter and it was not missed much either..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...and america too, worries me much now, as if a hand appeared out of thin air and was now writing the words mene, mene, tekel u-pharsin upon the wall's surface once more..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 2773958999_4f5dd52b67
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 am

("Thank you." the dark haired woman said. She is wearing a slight smile. "I finally put a picture with my post. The picture has a story to me, and I had to write it down." she said with the pen in her black pointytail.)

The story that the brown haired girl is reading is freeing her from her real life. For a moment she is free from worry and fear of the days. She wanted that world to be real so she can lose herself in it. When she reads she have friends in the chatacers that she knows so well. There is where she can be herself and don't fake being happy for others. Then the phone rings and the image of the world that she wanted to be in falls away, and real life came back. She sighs as she put down the book and pick up the phone next to her. "Hello." she said in a quiet tone.

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Untitledqew
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm

("...that one was beautiful in itself but the picture was perfect..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...you're getting better but who doesn't who keeps at it...")

repost from elsewhere

"...I am looking strangely forward to visiting felixstowe next month to scatter mum's ashes into the sea, and probably too, in the middle of one of those raging storms now, but isn't that exactly the english seaside that we loved, simply I want to feel a conductor there orchestrating the wind, waves, surf, and all, in some final sendoff ..." mentioned the goblin knowing he would be rewarded by stepping out of the cold to a plaice and chips and a mug of tea, saying "...oh yes, some things make no sense in that normal sense of the word but this just seems so befitting here since mum was a blusterous person in her life too, where she, for one, wouldn't want a peaceful sea for this end..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Dicksee9-1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 pm

repost from elsewhere

"... yes, one has to expect a certain amount of repetitiveness on most forums, for at least two reasons then..." started the goblin now, explaining "...firstly, that members are often posting in some respect to the specs of the site in a certain writing style upon some mutual interest, and secondly, that members often simply tag threads to show participation...", so to avoid this, part of the fun of the goblin's evening was often just switching from one reply somewhere to another reply somewhere else, on to the next somewhere else again, as if he was doing the rounds so to speak, concluding "...yes I am here, and I do need here too, but forumland is a mosaic of forums where I am simply walking across its surface in posts each time..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Journey2-620x
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:34 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin loved these replies, both appreciating the time taken in writing them and their content too, saying "...there's a lot of talent on this forum, where my role, if I were to think that I had one even, is to find those who wish to write in posts, where the rules towards livewriting seem so very different to that of our dear publishing world, hence I won't ever be found in the writing section of this forum then, a heretic perhaps and that would be the death of me in my view...", in fact, the goblin fed on rapport, so books and publications were not what he was actually looking for now, explaining "...let's look around and see where we are then, where most readers are too, so the question is "who is going to conquer forumland first" for why do they waste time on those diminishing elsewheres when the fastest growing sector in reading is actually in front of you now just waiting for your next post here..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Giffed-hitler15
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:44 pm

(The dark haired woman smile brightly at what the goblin said. She bits her pen to think another post for everyone to see.)

"Every girl dreams to grow up to be wonderwoman. She usually the first strong female on tv that girls look up to. Even grown woman look up to this princess, because Wonderwoman is willing to kick some butt and still willing to be a woman in the world." a woman said with black hair in her old friend. The woman looking into her own childhood and how much she loves wonderwoman better then all the princesses in world. She grown up watching that cartoon on sunday mornings. They are lovly memories, and they show on her face.

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Wonder_Woman
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:54 pm

("...yes wonderwoman was good for women then, and perhaps this internet will empower people more now, sure hope it does, as that way I get to read what they wish to express of themselves..." mentioned the goblin who had just been banned again shortly after joining yet another writer's forum, saying "...no, I take these bans in my stride, knowing that occasionally one must test the water elsewhere to whatever results...", and perhaps the goblin was thinking of the difference between a troll's raiding and a livewriter's landing, sum up in the fact that the troll wishes to disrupt the show, whereas the livewriter wishes to steal it, saying "...I soon forget places where things don't work out without malice, preferring to concentrate on where they work out with renewed zeal...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin guessed that xxxxxx was addressing him here, replying "...but how does anyone actually feedback upon someones poems then, where there is only "like" or "dislike" towards it..." showing at least that the goblin had read them, adding "...but in the end, doesn't it only have to please one person here, and that's the one who then has live with what he has written...", and with that the goblin's mind went to colridges's poem kubla khan, saying "...I loved that poem because he broke with the expected norm of the age, so tell me now, are you, and how are you, going to break the expected norm, and with this in mind do you see why I can't advise you now, for livewriters just "post and be dammed" where others try to be so accepted in their correctness that they become mere clones of one another, for isn't it imperfections, and not perfection, that makes one individual..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Iwishtoliveunderthistree
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:06 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...I liked your story immensely..." went the goblin now, not quite sure what to say otherwise, nor even knowing really if anything more needed saying that is, till he just hit on something, asking "...is there another story then, just copy/paste it here in this post each time, and think of me as your fan now...", which was true enough he felt, besides, the more people linked and posted their stuff here, the more the goblin got something to see and read out of it, adding "...don't you just love it when the author comes onboard like this, funny how the author and the works seem so inseparable on forumland, like two sides of the same coin perhaps, or like an actor on his stage even, and o how much more live it feels doesn't it now, when one knows that each of your fellow readers are not those silent book readers out there, ah no, for here if you want to make forumland your home, and become known by it, you're writing for their rapport now, feeding to be fed while keeping an eye on the hitcount too...", which was usually the point where normal people thought the goblin was a bit knocked off, no wonder he kept most of his thoughts to himself then

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Court_jester
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:38 pm

"Love is quiet storm someone once said to me. Now I know what they mean. Love can seem calm on top, but everytime you go away I am lost. Like you had taking a part of me with you." a young woman saying on the couch to a young man. There is a sad smile playing on her face, as she talk. "Please stay with me for a moment before going." she said with a sad tone in her voice.

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Stay_With_Me
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 pm

A young man with long black hair is writing something down when his best friend start to hug. His best friend is a girl with long brown with lavender eyes. "What are you doing?" she ask in her sweet, sing song voice. He quickly shut his notebook that he has been writing in mostly about her. "Nothing much. How about you Merry?" he said while his heart is going a beat out of his chest. Something about her makes him want to be better.

"Only hugging you. Silly, Mikey." Merry said with a silly face. Mike love her since he had first meet her a few years ago when he move into town. He don't know that Merry feels the same way about him, but she cannot show it because she fears of losing him.

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Animecouple1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:07 pm

("...keep them coming, I think your evolving here..." said the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
"...lovely post, though if it carries on like this what happens when everyone is live writing then..." never happen cuckles the chameleon wiping his brow

"...early days, always early days it seems..." went the goblin, adding "...but I'll remain this stance that I have taken here...", and looking back at art, the goblin always seemed to prefer those who rebelled then, rather than their conformists counterparts that is, where the only thing that the goblin had in common with those rebels was a sincerity towards what he did as me to myself here, saying "...truth is that I love those forums that have accepted me, whereas I feed off those forums that have yet to accept me, and where again, I have mostly forgotten those forums that have banned me, but all three types simply push me onwards now, besides, does it matter where it leads, for what can possibly equate to being able to post of oneself that which one feels it to be, me to myself then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 L_1e58cf0a-a4f1-d474-eda7-7edca312749f

Last edited by fleamailman on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 pm

repost from elsewhere, the goblin talking to two other livewriters

"...between you both, you're doing some amazing posts now..." went the goblin again, adding "...liked, hated, whatever, as long as they feed us our posts then, we'll just walk off with their forums each time, just like you are doing on those forums there, it's not our fault that they don't know how to livewrite, we help them at every venture, where never once have we not been forthcoming with our explanations to them, it's almost obvious it seems, that if one polishes ones posts then polished posts will result from it, and they can't match it, moreover, years pass and what have they to show for it for all their barbs towards us, whereas we each have a tally of our posts now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 8 2s8lnb5jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next