The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

A Wittle Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
-Demon_Doggy-
Hatchling
Hatchling

A Wittle Story Empty
PostSubject: A Wittle Story   A Wittle Story Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:52 am

I'm working on a small story, and I'm not sure weather it's good enough to continue it, can I get some feed back and suggestions, I have the next part finished but I need to make sure this first part is okay. Thank you

Why can't I breathe? What's happening to me? Mom, Dad, are you there? Help me please. I can't breath, I can't move, brother... Help me!!

I open my eyes to a pale light coming from the curtains, ajar and tied to the sides with a white ribbon. The light grazing my face ever so softly, cloudy day has always given a pleasant feel. I look over to the side of my bed and there he was, sitting next to me with worried eyes.

"What happened?" I can't seem to recall anything after collapsing, well sort of, I was kind of conscience for a while.

"I'm not really sure honestly, you just collapsed and started burning up. Your cloths actually started to catch fire." He began inspecting my temperature. "You're okay now; for some reason though, you dont have any signs of burns and your in perfect health... as if it never happened."

"Kind of creepy huh, well I'm okay now and that's all that matters, right?" I sat up and smiled at him; he simply smiled back and nodded his head. "So do you want to go out to the river?" He looked at me skeptically.

"It's winter, it's probably frozen over."

"Probably, but what's wrong with skating on a frozen river?" I smiled widely and jumped out of bed. slipping into my shes he and I both ran out to the river.

Life in this world of Oblivio has normally always been peaceful. About 250 years ago, a nuclear war was being waged. Nothing would have survived the unstable and immense fallout of the over powered nuclear warheads. Thankfully the Florians in the eastern continents created a device known as Negate. It neutralized all elemental compounds of which could cause massive explosions, therefor, gun powder became useless as well as Uranium and all nuclear elements, even some radio active elements. You'd think life would be more of an Amish life in this way, fortunately the Florians also created Neutral, a small device which prevents the effects of Negate. All Neutrals must be installed by Government officials or are pre-installed when you purchase certain items such as fireworks, cars, microwaves, such items as those. Negate also has no effect on 100% natural fires, as long as there's flint, and gas or something to catch fire, fire still works; it mainly only works on technology, machines. The Florian Company D-tech is to thank for all of this.

Ever since then the need for war has become less and less, nobody really sees a point in fighting when in the end, we all had to depend on each other to begin with. Of course there's still crime and things as such, but with no funding going to weapons or war, and everybody has become stable and to equal terms with each other, income and prices are just right for just about everyone to have a good living. Natural disasters still remain a problem, but those who are in need of help get help. I guess the fear of being left alone with nobody to help has consumed us all. In this case, it's the best thing that could have ever happened.

I'll have the next part up after I get enough feed back on this ^-^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/demondoggyangle
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

A Wittle Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wittle Story   A Wittle Story Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Overall I believe you could turn this into a good story. You have all the themes necessary for a sci-fi like story. However you have a few grammar errors and spelling errors. A few structure errors through out but after you go through it again I am sure you'll be able to fix it. However there is one thing I would like to mention. You had your narrator catch fire. It may be sci-fi, but some of the standard rules apply. If someone was over heating like that and even if he feels fine, his brother wouldn't have just said, 'Well, you’re okay now,' and agree to go have fun day out on the ice. It seems a little illogical to me and they may just be my opinion, but I thought I should mention it. I would understand that if catching fire or something was a regular occurrence in your story but as a person who doesn't know what's going on, that doesn't flow well.

I hope I am making sense lol XD. I am sure with some editing, you can pull it together nicely and I wouldn't mind finding out a little more. Also expand more on the ‘Utopia’ feel of the world. You don’t want a boring world with no conflict!
Back to top Go down

A Wittle Story
Page 1 of 1