The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Asthera Land of Magic

Go down 
+2
OddandOdd
rpannier
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 pm

"You have a job for me?" He asked almost incredulously. 'A job... By Montcrief himself A chance to move up in the world, maybe get off the streets out of this blasted inn...' He thought to himself. He looked at Montcrief again. Wondering what it could possibly be, or why he would possibly choose him for it. He took another drink, keeping his emotions under as much control as possible, even so he couldn't keep the excitement all the way out of his voice. "What's the job?" Looking at Asynthe and then back to Montcrief.

He had briefly heard the girl "sneak" up behind him and then her being dragged away by the gardener. He made no motion to stop them or acknowledge them. Not right now. His eyes were completely on Montcrief. "I suppose unless I want to keep pickpocketing I don't have much of a choice here do I? What do you want done? And I'll make sure it happens." He said, mustering up his confidence and cocksure attitude. Ignoring most of the sounds outside, someone out there yelled fire, but he didn't care. Fire was his friend, an ally to him. It had saved his life multiple times before.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Indecisive_Gamers/index.php?act=idx
rpannier
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:31 am

Allond smiled at the boys enthusiasm. He watches as the unstable girl and the other air girl are removed from the dining area. He watches them out of the corner of his eye.
Asynthe furrows his brow and adjusts his long red hair as the three girls pass by. He's certain he's seen the oldest girl before, but he just can't remember where.
"Fire!" a voice calls from outside. Both men look up along with much of the bar. No one runs straight for the door. The two guards at the entrance peer out the door. One nods in Allond's direction.

"...What do you want done? And I'll make sure it happens."  the boy asks.

"Go outside and fix that problem." Allond says to Asynthe. His Number 1 leaps from the table and exits the inn with one of the door guards, leaving his abacus and book behind.

"Excellent. I'm pleased to see such enthusiasm. You could have refused. No harm, no foul and all that. But, it would have shunted you to the bottom of the list." Allond pulls the abacus to him and begins playing with the beads, flicking them from one side of the metal bar to the other. "It has come to my attention through confidential sources that the Cave of Eristhenes has been possibly discovered."
Allond takes a quick drink to let the initial information sink in. "I'm not certain you're familiar with the cave, so... Eristhenes was an old hermit who lived in a cave on the left cliff. He was a powerful water mage and equal at air with some Earth magic as well." He pauses, still playing with the beads on the abacus. "As brilliant as he was, he was also highly unstable. As much as he could create, he could also destroy. That kind of power in a crazy person is dangerous. Anyway, when the cliffs collapsed so did his cave, or at least the entrance."
Allond pushes the abacus aside, opening the book and pulling out a map. "I want you to take a group of about 3 or 4 and go up that cliff, get into that cave and see if that lunatic is still there. If he's dead or not there, find out if his box is there." Allond opens the book and pulls out a rather elaborate drawing of a light bluish box with ornate carvings of ocean waves on the outside. "If it's there bring it to me. It's not particularly dangerous, as long as that old coot is dead. I will pay you, raise your status within the organization and include you on other more profitable ventures. If you prove yourself most worthy, you might even find yourself leading your own little pack or take over one of the Forager groups."
Allond again pauses, this time longer. He sits gauging the boy's interest in what he's offered. He's curious if they boy sees himself as a pack leader, a leader of thieves, it's two steps below a Thieves Guild Leader, but it puts him where the action is and allows him a small cut from the Guild take. But it also is a very political position and there is often someone watching you, usually working for the Leader of the Guild, making sure you're not bucking for his spot. It's very political and 'accidents' do happen.
A Forager provides the opportunity to do what he's about to do, leave the community, adventure and find things that Allond wants. A Forager spends most of the time away from Sommerset, but the opportunities are more varied and you're not observed. What you find along the way that he didn't ask for is often yours to keep. It also has the added plus of working directly for Allond, meaning no member of any guild he does business with is likely to mess with you. But, it does leave you exposed. This Forager position is open because the Forager before him was drawn and quartered by a lord in another city many kilometers away.
"You don't have to decide what position you want now. I mean, you haven't completed this task."

Asynthe returns and sits. "Fires out. Damned thing was being fed by that wind. But I got it. Encased it. It wasn't easy." Asynthe looks at the map and drawing unfolded on the table. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing. Actually. I was just explaining to Ventora about his opportunity." He returns to Ventora, "For this job I think you will need a couple of Air mages. They're upstairs. Oh and take the other woman with you. She seems to be able to handle them. If they say, NO, be persuasive."
"Oh," Asynthe chimes in. "If you find the box, don't open it. It can only be opened once. If the rumors are true, and you lack the skills to control what's inside, what is in there will devour you and everyone with you."
"Well Ventora?" Allond pauses rolling up the map and picture together and placing them in a scroll case and handing them toward Ventora, "Are you interested?"

Last edited by rpannier on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
desertedalley
Hatchling
Hatchling
desertedalley

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:07 am

Honoka goes with the woman. She is in too much pain and too confused to argue, much less fight against her.
She lays on the bed, the sounds still there, rising and dimming. She jumps up and falls off the bed when someone yells 'Fire'. It sounded like the person yelling was standing next to her. The commotion outside only intensifies the pain of the voices.
Honoka clutches at her ears. "What is wrong? Why is it happening?" she moans. The woman from the bar helps her back into bed. She runs downstairs and quickly returns with a goblet of hot water. She pours the contents of a bag in the water.
"Drink this. It will calm you."
Honoka doesn't argue. She drinks. Within seconds of drinking the sounds begin fading until they are tolerable.
"The effects will last maybe three hours. But the Chaser should be winding down by then. I hope."
"Th...thank you." Honoka says with a small smile. "Thank you all of you. I feel better." Honoka sits up against the wall of the bed, "My name is Honoka. I'm sorry the way I acted. I don't know why I did it. It just hurt."
Honoka doesn't understand that she is an Air Mage. The feelings confuse and alarm her.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm

"'Understanding it the first step to control!' old master told me that all the time!" piped up Loraine. She'd rather not get into a fight considering the fire, and suddenly hearing the deal proposed it made her wonder why her instincts acted up. He just wanted to promote the thief. Him all talking about the other's must have been curiosity.

Maybe it was him saying curdle was bad. Curdles yummy that swine.

"What are you channeling with?" she asked, "Most shouldn't be hurting this bad if your channel's good." her feather wasn't even sure, so it was probably a really inappropriate one.

From the sounds of it the fire was gone, and the deal was going smoothly. It was honestly getting her excited for the thief; trying to break into Crazy Egads house sounded like fun!

It was all she could do to just sit in the corner and smile and giggle instead of ruining the surprise or running down stairs to get a head start on adventure.
Back to top Go down
RebelAngel
Hatchling
Hatchling
RebelAngel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:43 pm

The fire had distracted Amirriah from the two girls. She could only wonder how an air mage as young as Loraine could cause that much chaos with only a stamp of her foot. It was a complete bewilderment. She was occupied wit watching the fire from the wind until Honoka falls from the bed. She helped her back on to the bed and ran down to the kitchen to grab the things a quick remedy she new of.

Amirriah sat on the be next to Honoka. "She's right you know," she said. "Your powers are pretty pent up in side you. Channeling your energy into something really helps."

In all honesty, Amirriah wasn't too surprised Honoka didn't already know this. Her reaction to the weather had been way too severe. She knew several mages of all types that could barely use their gifts but still knew how to channel. Honoka's lack of knowledge made it apparent to Amirriah that she had had little to no training or experience with her magic.
Back to top Go down
desertedalley
Hatchling
Hatchling
desertedalley

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Honoka nods at the woman. From outside there is a loud boom of thunder and a quick bolt of lightning. The Chaser is strong. Honoka screams at the sound and cowers against the wall. From under her tunic a small blue light can be seen. It's her tear drop necklace, the gift from the old man she met over a year ago. The light fades and on the next crash and bolt the tear drop glows again.
After another crash she turns again. The pendant comes out of her tunic and dangles in the open. To the uninitiated it looks like an odd piece of glass that gets brighter when there is a lot of light. If anyone looks closer they'd see it's not a tear drop, it's a raindrop. For people who know air magic, it's her conduit. She has no skill at using or understanding on using it. Because it's glass all around the magic is absorbed and fired through all sides at the same time. It's lethal to anyone who frightens or threatens her because all the energy is released at once and without any discipline. But it also makes her ill in severe air related weather.
The medicine is having an effect. She's scared, but not ill. Honoka balls up on the bed trying to make the whoile thing go away.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Loraine caught the glimmer of the raindrop and said, "Ohh now that's weird."

Carefully as to not bother Honoka she lifted the channel by the string to get a better look at it, "Ohhh this is very weird."

Dropping it she turned to Amirriah, "She has a charm meant for two elements; I think she only barley understands channeling and she's putting the wrong power into it." patting Honoka one the leg she said, "Gosh your lucky! You have to be a water air or air water! I'm guessing water innate 'cause ya can't have a better channel then the direct element itself!"

Suddenly a truck load of memories hit Loraine and she got so excited, "Horray! We can train you! I remember lots of stuff mater told me! And Amirriah's smart! And I'm sure Ve-Eheeheehee!" She almost spoiled the surprise!

So she mealy bounced around thinking of all the possibilities.
Back to top Go down
RebelAngel
Hatchling
Hatchling
RebelAngel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Amirrah jumps a little with Honoka's sudden reaction. She does her best to calm her, fearing another random outburst of power like Loraine. The glowing of the charm caught her eye as well. She could only smile at Loraine's excitement over the little pendant.

Amirrahmoved closer to Honoka, one hand going to tenderly rub the girls back, the other carefully picking up the necklace. She looked at it closely. Her fingertips seemed to almost buzz with the energy flowing through the glass. Could it really be...? Amirrah thought as she let the raindrop rest on her slender fingers.

"You are quite lucky indeed, Honoka," She said softly. "I've known air and water mages to use glass conduits, but I've ever seen one lucky enough to get their hands on a raindrop." She gently tucked the necklace back into Honoka's tunic. "You better keep that well hidden. Many men, thieves and mages alike, would give an arm and a leg for something like that."

Last edited by RebelAngel on Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:24 pm

"Yes, very interested." His own thieves group, or a forager... He couldn't believe it. "I'll do it." But the air mages, the 'potion' apprentice and the other girl who tried to hide... He wondered what good they could serve, but he kept the thoughts to himself. He carefully studied the map, mentally memorizing it before taking it. "Is there anything else you need?" He asked as he finished his drink. Still sitting at the table, and now wondering at Asynthe, how had he contained the fire so easily.. The ruby in his necklace burned ever so softly on his neck, 'fire magic' he thought to himself. He decided he would ask Asynthe to teach him later. After he succeeded in this mission. "I thank you for this opportunity. I will not fail you."

The storm was still raging, but it had died down a bit from earlier. It should be over within a couple hours. He looked at Montcrief, waiting for response, and decided he would sleep well tonight.
Back to top Go down
rpannier
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:52 pm

Allond smiled at the young man's willingness to not be dissuaded by the possibility that lunatic might still be alive and in the cave.
"I know you will not fail me. I wouldn't have chosen you had I thought you would. Just remember, find out if the cave is there or if my sources were wrong. If the cave is opened, find out if that lunatic is still alive. Get the box and bring it to me unopened."

Asynthe interrupts, "If he is alive, don't play hero. He is powerful and as you've been told, his powers are unpredictable."

"Yes. We'd rather you come back and tell us he's alive, then you get killed and we're left to wonder. Information is what we want. If you do find the box, bring it unopened. If you can't find it, I want to know that too. I'm no fool. I didn't get where I am by expecting people to create smoke out of water. If there is no box let me know. No crime in telling me the truth." Allond hands the young man a goblet with some of the Blue Hind they've been drinking. "Get some help. Get some rest. When the storm passes, get out of town and on that mountain." Allond and Asynthe swig their drinks.

When they finish, their attention shifts to two soaking wet men entering the inn. They look to be rough and unscrupulous types. One man has cutting scars on his face and his missing an eye. The other also has some of the same marks, but both eyes. They look around the inn, seeing Allond they wave nervously.

"It doesn't look good." Asynthe whispers sensing problems.
"Yes. Agreed. If there is a problem, it's theirs. You may go." Allond says to Ventora signalling the men over. The men move quickly.
"Well?" Allond whispers.
"We couldn't find get the stone."
"Why?" Asynthe whispers irritatedly.
"A girl has it. We couldn't get it. She went crazy. Magic everywhere." the man with one eye explains.
"A girl?!" Allond grits smacking the table. "A girl?" he repeats his teeth clenched summoning all his strength to not reach out and strangle the one-eyed man.
"You don't understand Allond. Her magic, she's... she's... it was..."
"Curdle?" Asynthe says looking at Allond sideways.
"Yes. Curdle. Definitely."
The guards at the table don't hesitate. They grab the two men and drag them from the inn to someplace out of the way. The room grows quiet as the men are pulled away, the only sounds are the winds whipping through the door when it's opened. Everyone knows it will not end well for the two men. The only solace is that it will likely be quick as the weather is fierce.
Allond plops down in his seat. "Fools! A girl."
"Wrong men for the job." Asynthe says sitting.
"Apparently. " Allond breaks his thoughts on the men and looks at the silent inn. "Well?!" he shouts. "What are you all staring at?! Go back to your drinking and singing and whoring and whatever else it is you do!" he shouts angrily.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:52 pm

The old hermit laughed, he had made his way down to the bar and had found ol' Allond and Asynthe sending people to their dooms.

"You two nitwits!" he chuckled, "Can't do anything on your own? Help is the easiest thing in the world to get!!" The dirty old hobo had been sitting near by them for quite a spell.

He took a swig of his booze, "Going after Crazy E again huh? I ani't to sure if he's alive but he always was the most interesting guy that deep in the woods..." he smiled as he caught their grudging interest.

Honestly he's lost it all; his power, his money, his stupid little guard, what's the harm in pissing off these two morons? "You'll never find that cave, and if ya do you'll never get in. Who ever told you what they know were probably guessing at best. Now I might be willing to tell you accurately for a fee of 20 Silvers..." their anger grew, "Or take my stupid apprentice for only a single gold coin!"

Leaning back he said, "I ani't got much to lose, but it seems you might. The only thing left I have to lose is my life; and I got that for free!"
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Ventora got up and went to his room at the inn, he paid no notice to the two men who entered, or the poison seller at the bar, getting to his bed he reached under and grabbed the money pouch, slipping it into his clothes as he laid down on his bed. He had decided to sleep the rest of the chaser out. He would seek out the air mages tomorrow, when it was nicer, and easier to bargain with people.

He heard the old man yelling something, but paid it no mind and just thought of it as an old coot's ramblings. A candle was burning on the windowsill, the only light in the room. Drawing ever so slightly on the ruby at his neck, which burned hotter for a moment, he closed his hand. And with it, the flame on the candle died. He had no blankets on his bed, which was good because he needed none. As even something as small as that made his body burn hotter. He closed his eyes as he sighed. Wondering what he would do when he completed his mission.
Back to top Go down
rpannier
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 12:54 am

"Why you old wart!" Asynthe says rising to smack the old man.
"Now, Asynthe, calm yourself." Allond intercepts, grabbing his friend by the wrist and shoulder. "He's entitled to his say as we are. No sense in having a scuffle. We'll be in here for quite some time. Let it go."
Asynthe sits, angrily glaring at the old man.
Allond sits silently finishing his dinner. The old man is annoying and overly opinionated. But, Allond doesn't dislike him. Allond has heard many stories about the man, none of them he has been able to confirm - which intrigues him all the more; The old man is either a gallant warrior, a defeater of hundreds in battle before the spell of a wizard drove him insane, or in some stories a bad miscalculation on his part caused the deaths of many men and he never recovered. Or, he's a wizard who lost his powers when something went amiss years ago while creating an uber powerful spell of non-elemental magic. In another, he was at one time an important member of the Mercenaries Guild. There are hundreds of others. He'd ask, but he's afraid the truth might be a let down.

The storm rages for another four hours. For many in the town it seems like it will never end. The inn remains full of people whose moods shift from loud and boisterous, to nervous and tired. Few willingly venture out into the storm, even when it's obvious that it's merely a thunderstorm. Allond sits quietly watching the man, Asynthe, everything.

As the storm is almost gone, he rises and steps toward the bar wench. They talk privately using a protection spell to keep their conversation secret. He nods and hands her a gold coin.
"Old man," Allond says brightly breaking the silence. "I have though about your offer." Allond works his way back to his seat. "I accept. But your fee is inappropriate. One gold coin. Peshaw!" Allond reaches in his cloak and pulls out nine gold coins. "I will take your apprentice and you will take these." he says sliding the coins in toward him. "You will have nothing to do with her again. She is in my employ now. Take your coins. The storm is but a mere shower. You may leave if you wish."
"So many?!" Asynthe gasps eyes bulging.
"Yes, so many. A good day to you sir." Allond bows to the man with a simple sweep demonstrating respect to a man much older than he while Asynthe gathers up their things and the two men and their security team exit into the rain.

With the winds slow decline, Air Mages withing the city begin to slowly return to normal. Their reactions to the powerful storm leaves many ill and tires almost all to the point of exhaustion; they feel like they've been casting all evening and many will likely be bedridden for several days.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:19 pm

The old man laughed hard; so hard he started to choke, "W-ait!!" he wheezed, "Wait the contract!"

The two men had barly stepped up, so they turned as he brought out a paper, "She can't follow if she doesn't know..." chuckling away, "and besides; my apprentice is a little more then some little doll! She's got power and...eh...how shall I say....special rules?"

They glared, "Nothing much mind you. Just be wary about what she does and mark down any inconstancies. I don't want my old friends legacy going to waste!"

He then presented them with a large leather bound book, title long sense been warn away, bursting with notes that looked of basic school work to dangerous arrays of magic. "Feel free to look! My friend's dead, I'm almost dead, why not share the knowledge before were gone eh?"

"One last thing; ever want to talk to her from a distance but don't want to find or send somebody after her?" he flipped to the middle of the book, to a thin copper sheet with archaic language around the rims, "Talk a pen and write here. She's annoying and it annoys her so I recommend it."

The Hermit picked himself up and started to leave the inn rubbing his coins, with one final ramble he said, "Oh, and if your ever curious to who I was; Its best to go ask her. She's far more entertaining then I am!" and he left, laughter following him in the winds.
Back to top Go down
desertedalley
Hatchling
Hatchling
desertedalley

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:04 pm

"They can have it." she murmurs softly. "If the headache goes away they can have it." She doesn't mean it, it's the pain talking.
Honoka is really grateful to the woman. She seems very concerned with Honoka's sickness and seems to want to help. Honoka smiles at her, Honoka closes her eyes and tries to rest. As the storm crescendos and begins to wane her headache is almost gone. Some time after the crest of the Chaser, she yawns and falls off to sleep. The pain from the storm is no longer a match for her exhaustion.Her sleep is not restful or restless. There are no dreams, just pitch black

Back to top Go down
RebelAngel
Hatchling
Hatchling
RebelAngel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Amirriah smiled sadly at the Honoka. "Poor thing..." she mutters softly as Honoka falls asleep. Amirriah turned to Loraine. "You should rest too. It's been a long, crazy night, for everyone." She lightly ruffled Loraine's hair then stood and walked over to the window.

Amirriah just watched the rain as it went from pouring to a light shower. She worried about Honoka. Poor girl, poor confused girl. She thought. Amirriah just wanted to get her help, to find an air mage to teach her. She had great, untouched, uncontrolled power, Amirriah could sense it. Amirriah would teach Honoka herself, but she didn't know much about air magic, being of the complete opposite element.  But she knew someone who might just be up for the task.

Her mind then slipped to Loraine's outburst earlier. How could such a young air mage have anything to do with the fire? It just didn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 10:55 pm

9 gold pieces! 9 of them! Those fools!

The hermit continued to rub them, wonderful money! The gateway to a wonderful meal!

But on his exit he noticed the buildings that had once been on fire and marveled at them.

"Ha, perfect! The lighting must have crashed in, scattered, and set everything ablaze! i always hated that print shop...This had to be her work...heh heh."

Though he had cut ties with her, a quite voice way back in his conscience did wonder how she was doing...

~~~~

The storm died. And so did her energy.

With a quick "Good night!" and a big yawn, she promptly crawled under the bed and was out cold.
Back to top Go down
rpannier
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 11:03 pm

Allond and Asynthe too the information given them by the old man and moved on, pretending not to pay much heed.

The midnight hour passed and the storm passed as well. By 3 in the morning it was a shower and by 5 it was gone. As the clouds broke, many in the town ventured out to check their homes and places of business. Most of the town stood. But, some parts were gone, new candidates for urban renewal. It was odd that some of the abandoned buildings still stood, while buildings that were in regular use fell so quickly.
Along the docks many of the smaller boats had been decimated, washed away or sat on the piers having washed in with the waves. Mid-sized and larger ships suffered less in the violent storm, but none-the-less, there would be a lot of work available for people fixing and salvaging the damaged crafts.
No one was surprised by the extent of the damage, they knew what to expect. But, seeing it up close and in real life is still quite an overwhelming experience for most
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:05 am

Ventora awoke and smiled as he could see the light of the sun peeking through the window. "Today might actually be a good day." He changed his clothes and tucked his money Into a pouch he had sewn on the inner part of his shirt. 'Air mages, the little apprentice girl, and the other two... I guess I should go find them sometime today.' He walked out of the inn and into the day. Enjoying the slightly fresher air a chaser always brought. Washed away some of the city smell. He walked to the market district.

He decided he would talk with the air-headed girl, the air mage, and see if she wanted to go on an adventure, then he would find the gardener lady.
Back to top Go down
RebelAngel
Hatchling
Hatchling
RebelAngel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Amirriah silently left the room, leaving a little note asking the girls to stay put. She locked the door from the outside, just to be sure no one could get in and the two of them couldn't run off and get into any trouble. She slowly deadened the stairs to the dining area, happy to see that Allond and Asynthe were gone. Amirriah slipped into the kitchen and got a sweet roll from the chief as breakfast. She left through the back door. Amirriah knew Janna would be able to handle any damage to their little shop in the market. The small building was sturdy and had stood through worse storms. If needed Janna could easily persuade someone to help her. Amirriah headed in the opposite direction.

She found herself at home of her friend Kollon Heistbar. Kollon was a small time trader and a every skilled air mage. Amirriah knew she could talk him into doing this job for her, easily.

Amirriah didn't even knock on the door, she just walked right in. One of Kollon's servants greeted her and told her she would find the trader in his room up stairs. Amirriah thanked the servant and marched up the stairs. She found Kollon's room and waltzed right in. "Rise and shine, Kollon, it's time you got your skinny ass up."

Amirriah heard a groan and some shifting on the bed. '"Go away, ya pointy-eared wench!" Kollon shouted at her. She just ignored him and walked over to the window.

"No, i need to talk to you." she replied as she threw open the heavy, extravagant curtains.

Kollon groaned again then threw an over stuffed pillow at her, which Amirriah dodged effortlessly. "Why is the sun so bright?" the man murmured as he pulled his thick quilts over his head.

Amirriah rolled her eyes and sauntered over to the bed. "Oh come on, you lazy bum, get up!You gonna let a little storm keep you from such a beautiful day? Besides, I have a job for you."

Kollon peeked out from under his covers. "What kind of job?"

Amirriah smirked at him a little. "I found another raindrop."

Kollon jumped from the bed. He rushed around the room to get dress in his normal merchants robes. The last thing he did was tuck a little glass raindrop on a silver chain into the neck of his tunic before wrapping a scraf around his neck. "Where to?" he asked following Amirriah from his room. Amirriah just smiled and grabbed his wrist and pulled him from the house. He was dead tired, but she knew he was always up for the challange. Honoka would be exactly that.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 2:31 pm

"HONOKA, HONOKA WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!!"

Lorraine was screaming, her voice was cracking and her head splitting, and really she was running on fumes, but Amirriah wasn't here, and all there was a note she couldn't read.

"Can you read this?! Tell me what are the demands!!" She was also in a frenzy of panic, master had told her about notes like these. You see a good friend missing, and all there is is a note they have been kidnapped.

She grabbed the money pouch on her collar, "I have money; why didn't they take that?! What do they want?! I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO READ PROPERLY ONE DAY!!" She had never learned reading from her master now, or any of her past masters. The only time she saw them write was for labels or writing in a book to shout words into her brain.

"Honoka, if your still not feeling well then stay here! If anybody comes after you then follow me!!" with those final words she hopped out of the window, smashed the top of a merchants cart, and started running through the city in a desperate search.
Back to top Go down
RebelAngel
Hatchling
Hatchling
RebelAngel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Amirriah and Kollon were in sight of The Blind Basilisk when she saw a familiar figure jump from the window. She swore loudly as Lorraine ran off in the opposite direction. Kollon broke into a sprint  after the crazy girl, Amirriah not far behind. Amirriah screamed at the top of her lungs for Lorraine to stop. Kollon ran ahead trying to catch up with Lorraine, but lost sight of her in the crowd. The two of them swore and frantically began looking for her, shouting her name at the at the top of their lungs. Amirriah didn't want Lorraine to get hurt, or worse, snatched up by Montcrief Allond's men.

Amirriah growled in frustration. Then she got an idea. She grabbed Kollon and pulled him into an alleyway. "Cover me," she barked as she knelt to the ground. Kollon quickly blocked her from view, turning his back on her. She was never fond of public displays of magic; she preferred a little privacy when casting spells and what not. She placed her hands of the ground and concentrated and Lorraine's aura. This was a little trick her father had taught her when they would hunt together.  She sent little tendrils of her own aura into the earth to seek out Lorraine's.

The earth responded to her queries of the girls whereabouts. Amirriah jumped up and grabbed Kollon with a shout of "This way!" before bolting from the alley. She was too focused on getting to Lorraine to pay attention to the light tingling sensation starting at the tips of her ears and spreading throughout her body accompanied by the growing ugre to scratch at something or to sink her teeth into something.

Last edited by RebelAngel on Sun May 04, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
desertedalley
Hatchling
Hatchling
desertedalley

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:10 am

Honoka woke. She tried to stretch, but it hurt too much. Her whole body hurt from the beating it took last night.
She looked around but no one was there. The sun was out. It was morning.
"Thank whoever." she muttered happy. She wasn't sure if there were gods or how many there were, but in just in case, she would be grateful to all of them.
She rooled over and fell out of bed. "Ow!" she cried laying on the floor. She lay thinking about how stupid she was and began laughing. It was a long time since she had laughed, but it was also a long time since she had gotten that much sleep. She grabbed her pendant, the 'tear drop'. "The woman said it was a rain drop." she remembered. "Why a raindrop?" Honoka stared at the pendant, "She said it was valuable and I had to guard it... I think."
Honoka remembered bits-and-pieces from lasy night. Some of it better than other.
She crawled to her knees and looked around again. No one was there. She got to her feet. "There." she said smiling. She stood deciding whether to stay or go then she lost her balance and fell on the bad. "I guess I should rest a little longer."
Back to top Go down
RebelAngel
Hatchling
Hatchling
RebelAngel

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Amirriah and Kollon spotted Lorraine in the crowded town center. Even with Amirriah completely focused on the girls aura the mass of others flooded her senses. Amirriah and Kollon had caught sight of her after they had climbed to the roof of the building Kollon let Amirriah and Janna use as a shop. Lorraine was running around the square frantically, as if looking for something. The two of them got off the roof and began weaving and dodging through the crowd to get to her.

"What is wrong with that girl?" Kollon muttered to Amirriah.

"You know that hermit that sold Janna that poison that had her bedridden for weeks?" Amirriah muttered back. Kollon nodded. "Raised by him."

"Ah," Kollon murmured as they ducked under a log being carried by two men. "Don't tell me she has the raindrop."

"Gods no!" Amirriah scoffed. "I'm just worried Montcrief Allond's men might spot her. They were at the bar last night and she nearly got herself in trouble."

Kollon swore. "That is the last thing we need, anther mage under that man's foot."

Amirriah and Kollon were getting close. They could finally see the girl through the crowd. Amirriah shout for Lorraine, hopping to catch her attention.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:43 pm

She finally saw her, standing near the cat man's smith.

"ARRMIRRA!!! I SAW THE NOTE! IS HE THE KIPPAPPER?!" her speech was frantic and slurred; she was wracking her whole frame for every last drop of energy.

"You...you Meany! What did she ever do to you?!" tears in her eyes failing limbs and loud screams.

With no energy she couldn't summon lighting like she usually would, instead she launched her self at the man while kicking her permanent spell into overdrive; it knocked her out but made her into a sparking cannon ball headed directly for the man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asthera Land of Magic   Asthera Land of Magic - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asthera Land of Magic
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next