The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The Fire Rose

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

The Fire Rose  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fire Rose    The Fire Rose  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:56 pm

He noticed her shaking, and knew there was more to her story. "Is something wrong Almera?" Not expecting an answer really. "Our lives really aren't that free, especially if the king decides to start a war or some noble decides to rebel. We're always sent out first, scouts, and if there's a castle siege involved, we scale the walls. One of the most dangerous jobs." And he wasn't exaggerating, rangers had one of the highest death rates in war time he thought bitterly.

He couldn't help but wonder what was bothering her, she seemed to not want to go back to the city. He had a few ideas but hoped she would tell him.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Indecisive_Gamers/index.php?act=idx
emeraldfrog3
Hatchling
Hatchling
emeraldfrog3

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Rose    The Fire Rose  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 am

"Dangerous but something you have chosen. Only in the times that I have escaped to the forest am I free; all other times I am but a slave to honour," She could not keep the bitterness from her voice and the mare seemed to pick up on her emotions, picking up her pace slightly. "Now those brigands, or spies, who ever they are, have likely stolen the last bit of freedom I have. After being returned, wounded no less, I doubt Mother will let me out of her sight at all. I have no choice, I only have my duty to the honour of my house. How does marrying some pasty bean-counter honour my family at all? The promise of money, having an easier time cutting through the piles of paper work to do any business in the capital, even more backing in a council meeting, maybe. But honour? To be locked up in a cage, no mater how pretty it is, is still not being free."

Almera scowled between the ears of the horse, fighting to get her emotions back in line after ranting at him. She was starting to feel woozy, her ears ringing, as she rubbed the back of her own neck. After a deep breath she continued meekly, "I am sorry; I have no excuse to bluster like that. With my duty comes privilege and a soft life, I shouldn't complain. I know how dictated your life can be as well." She laughed lightly, looking back at him over her shoulder. There was a smile on her face but her eyes were almost grey with defeat.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Rose    The Fire Rose  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:43 pm

"For me it wasn't really a choice. More like my father didn't want to face the implications of legitimizing me, so he sent me here." He said with a slight tone of bitterness in his voice. "Because my mother is who she is, I don't get anything my half brothers will, the most I can hope for is the head ranger position. Bastards aren't excluded from that." The mare had picked up it's pace and he knew the city was only an hour or two away by now. And the spies seemed to have not followed them. But he still paid attention to the forest.

"Don't worry about blustering to me, I asked." Her eyes reminded him of his mother when he was sent away to the rangers, she had fought and fought with his father, begging his father to legitimize him. His father had remained resolute, he would not have a bastard become his heir. So away he went, he heard his mother had died a few weeks after that, of natural causes, but that he doubted. Still, his father had raised him most of his life, until he had true-born children that lived long enough to remove any doubt of their continued life.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Indecisive_Gamers/index.php?act=idx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Rose    The Fire Rose  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fire Rose
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2