The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

A Prison of legends OOC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

A Prison of legends OOC Empty
PostSubject: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:49 pm

The government has found you and they have captured you, They are not so stupid that they think they can hold you in a normal human prison so they send you to bermuda prison.
Bermuda prison is located in sky at the center of the bermuda triangle and is the governments biggest secret for what it holds, The prisoners are not the only top secret thing on the sky island for the prison is set inside a huge forest that is full of some of the most deadly and evil creatures of myth.
The prison has no walls to keep you in or the creatures out but it does have some defenses against the monsters, A system of wards is set around the prison making a protective sphere against those creatures.

A Prison of legends OOC Untitl13

1. Kitchen/cafeteria. 2. Library/games room (Board and card games ect). 3/4. Cells (Unmarked to stop limitations of prisoners).

A Prison of legends OOC Prison10

1. Main prison. 2. Guard houses. Red = Guard towers. Dark green = Wards. Light green = Ward protection zone.

around the shown main building is a garden that goes until it meets the wards, Around each ward is a watch tower used to fend off both monsters and prisoners there is 12 in total, spotted though the garden are a total of 30 guard houses each housing up to 3 guards

In the last couple years things have been changing, Monster attacks have increased dramatically and that has freaked out the guards even when they have been told that the wards will hold and freaked out guards means temperamental and dangerous guards, Guards have become know for random acts of brutality and have at the peek of it killed prisoners for nearly no reason

Oh i nearly forgot the year is 2012

Character skeleton
Name:
Race: (my only restrictions with this are: no full demons, angels, ect)
Power: (limit 3 try and try keep to what your race may have)
Special: (something that does not come with the powers or race and is special to you)
Personality: (optional)
Appearance: (pictures or description, anime is okay and so is realistic)
Bio:

Name: Alan Pericoloso
Race: Half breed (demon/human) Warlock
Power: Fire, Shadow and Summoning demons (for me shadow and darkness are one and the same)
Special: Temporary enchantment - stronger then permanent but continues to use magic after made and is able to make enchantments to himself.
Personality: you will find out as i rp
Appearance: 6.5 ft, Broad shouldered, Well muscled and looks it, Jet black wavy/curly hair that goes down to eyes, Eyes are ice blue, Very pale
Wears - Pure black collared button up shirt with the only colour being red flames around the bottom, Matching shorts but with the flame design at the top
Bio: Alan is the offspring of the devil and a human gifted with paladin magic, Because of the two different magics and the devils being stronger Alan has only strong (instead of the devils god strong) magic of fire, Shadow and summoning but none of his mothers paladin magic, Alan has however inherited his mothers looks and personality. Because of Alan's long life he is smarter then he looks but cant remember the smaller details of his life with out a lot of work.

Last edited by Thepsycoman on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Well, guess I'm in. I have a werewolf character I'd like to use for things. And she's better than werewolves in Twilight. :v And I have too many characters with glasses . . . Rrrr.

Name: Devon Colter
Race: Werewolf
Power: At the moment, nothing--she's working on being able to transform into her wolf side at will, but so far that's proving difficult for her to accomplish. As a wolf she would be able to do wolf stuff, but right now she can only do that at the full moon, at which time she's too dangerous to even use it to her advantage.
Special: Not much to say. She's pretty average, apart from the werewolf bit.

Personality: Tends to keep to herself. Full of sarcasm. Not above being relatively social, but usually doesn't make a huge attempt to be. Nobody liked her much before she was captured by the government, and she's been a little bit bitter about that, too.

Appearance: Stands at about 5'5", 120 lbs, pale skin, average body build. Her hair is dark brown and reaches to the middle of her back, but is normally in a ponytail. Her eyes are hazel and she wears square glasses, without which she has a difficult time seeing.

Clothing usually looks more like a male's; baggy pants in muddy colors, loose, dark t-shirts. She has been mistaken for a male on a few occasions when seen from the back due to her choice of dress.

Bio: At the age of fifteen, she was bitten by what she had thought at the time was a dog--a very large and shaggy dog, she admitted, but a dog nonetheless. She marked it off as nothing when the bite wound healed over and nothing happened.

A month later, she was innocently reading in her bedroom when it happened. She didn't remember much; she had blacked out shortly thereafter, but she remembered a terrible pain, and her body forcefully transforming into that of a wolf's. She remembered climbing out the window before everything went dark. When she awoke the next morning, in her bed and her clothing in tatters, she was sure it was a dream. When she looked at her calendar and saw the previous night had been a full moon, she scoffed, but came to the conclusion that the dog of the month before had been a werewolf--and now so was she.

She hid it as well as she could for a few months, sneaking out every night of a full moon to hide it from her family while she struggled to figure out what to do. She was caught at the age of sixteen, when she, in a fit of lunar-induced insanity, ran into the streets and was discovered. The next day she was taken away by the government.

Since then, she's been in the prison. She's learned to cope with what she is; the prison guards bring her tranquilizers on the nights she transforms so that she won't cause herself or anyone else harm. Other than that, being a werewolf doesn't interfere with her normal life (as normal as her life gets) and she's almost learned to embrace it, attempting to learn to transform at will and use it to her advantage.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Awesome character, I love it.

Cant wait till others post their characters so I can put up an IC, But wait is what I will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Name: Adrian "Drake" Alexander
Age: Unknown, though he appears to be of a good 18 years
Race: Vampyre, nosferatu, whatever you shall call it
Power:
Transformation into nature's darker things; bats, rats, wolf, mist
Superhuman attributes
Must drain life blood from living beings in order to stay strong, yet, as a noble, can consume actual food and drink

Special: Dunno if this counts, but as a noble (meaning one who was not turned), he remains unaffected by the usual weapons. To kill him, you must stake his heart, cut off his head, and fill his mouth with garlic. I guess a special thing about Drake is that he is blind, yet sees by "aura", the light around a person the basically tells him what they are and what they're feeling.

Personality: Though he appears gruff and uncaring, Drake is a calm and quiet individual who is actually very kind. He is poetic and gentle-hearted, yet fights like a raging demon. Unlike most of his species, he can sympathize with others, such as lycanthropists (werewolves if they are part wolf), and humans.

Appearance: A Prison of legends OOC 1237131354_2541_full
(Except he has silver hair and red eyes)

Bio: Born a vampire lord's son, Adrian Alexander was a prominent young man with a bright future. As a vampire noble, he was free to walk in the sun without any ill effect other than a weakening of his powers. Sadly, he was caught when he was around 1500 years old, and has been sitting in a cell for the past 500 years, kept barely alive by occasional packs of medical blood. As a noble, his powers are far enhanced over those of your average run-of-the-mill Buffy-type vampire. Currently, he's just biding his time until the day comes when he will be set free.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Its good I like it Smile.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Name: Stheno

Race: Gorgon

Power:
- Turns people to stone with her eyes (not always, just when she chooses).
- Immortal (by mythology's choice, not mine).

Special: Rumored to have been the most aggressive of the gorgon sisters. She is said to have killed more men than both of her sisters combined.

Personality: Stheno is known to be easily angered and very independent. She also has a cunning side, and enjoys playing with men before she kills them.

Appearance: A Prison of legends OOC Greg%20Horn%20-%20Medusa

Bio: Born in the caverns under Mount Olympus, Stheno and Euryale were both immortal. Their better known sister, Medusa, was not. The three wrought havoc during in the 8th century B.C. After their sister's death, Stheno and Euryale went into a rage, killing every man they came across. Perseus, the same man who had killed their beloved sister, found a way to seal them beneath the earth, where they lay dormant for hundreds of years. Over two thousand years later, an unsuspecting archeologist team broke the seal. Freed from their prison, Stheno instantly killed the team. It wasn't long before the government sent out a special force to catch the sisters and stop their rampage. Euryale was able to escape, but Stheno was blindfolded and captured.

Stheno took her captivity very well. She plays nice, waiting for the moment when she would escape. She is blindfolded nearly all the time, although the guards would likely not be able to stop her if she chose to take it off.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 pm

*gulps* WOW

Ok well by immortal do you mean 1. cant die at all or 2. Will live forever if not murdered

If it is the first one i must warn you since this is a judgement day roleplay when the devil comes he doesn't have to kill someone but he is able to sap someone to hell (Not without a fight though unless they are weak willed and minded)
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:45 pm

In mythology, it probably meant "can't die at all". But for the purposes of the role play, let's go with "will live forever if not murdered". And since she's supposed to be more immortal than Medusa, she'd be very hard to kill. You'd probably have to, like, burn her and scatter her ashes. Or something. lol.

And hell could be a fun place to role play from, so I'm okay with the zapping thing.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah thats the more likely answer, I only asked because of the Nicholas Flemel series in which they confused me by having immortals die (At the time i was constantly confused on how immortals were not truly immortal, One movie i watched had it so only one weapon could kill this immortal personally i would call him "very hard to kill" but not immortal.)
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:02 am

Personally I like the true immortals better, but they don't usually go well with role play, since it's very easy to make them too powerful. And since this is an 'end of the world' role play, it seems like an immortal wouldn't work very well. I can see the world blowing up or something, and Stheno is just floating around in space. Forever. That would be boring. XD
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:56 pm

I have a theory.

Immortals can die, but only in body. The spirit can continue to live until it takes possession of either another body, or perhaps a statue in its likeness, like Zeus did. And if they do choose someone else's body, they'd have to fight for control over the other spirit. Not to mention that since they are immortal, and thus born with extreme power, having all of that power cooped up in one body can put a strain on it, so the lifespan of the body might be only for a few hundred years before they had to escape to another one, killing the host of their previous body.

But then again, I'm using that for a story I'm writing.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Thats awesome man but in this its gonna be fighting the devil and if the devil "kills" you all he does is zap t you to hell, So if the devil wins the first time around we may find a way out of hell. Mind you i dont want it to come to that because then i will have to think of a layout for hell....
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:02 pm

I already have a good idea of what it might look like.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:06 pm

A never ending school?
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Not really...

And when are we going to start? If it takes too long for others to get their characters, some people might lose interest.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Ill start it tomorrow i have been busy today and i am very tired.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Hooray~ *goes off to post with wild excitement and abandon*
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Sorry for being away, I have used 4 times my gb downloads so the net is temporally cut off in the afternoons till the 1st.

On a better note i have "painted" up a yard layout with wards and guard houses, It isn't very good but i did only use paint.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:58 pm

It seems like nothing's going on...Kinda bored.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:45 pm

It is going rather slowly. I'm sure it'll pick up when we get more involved in the storyline, though.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Well, we've each only posted once, after all. We have to give it time to pick up. XD
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Metinks someone should post, then. The other person who was going to join, hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Well, it be Psycoman's turn, soooo . . .
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I need Sav to post before i can post again, Does anyone know what's going on with sav?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of legends OOC   A Prison of legends OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Prison of legends OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next