The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

A prison of legends IC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

A prison of legends IC Empty
PostSubject: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:37 pm

The guards walked around the outside of the prison most with at least on hand on a gun although they are armed with two guns, A short sword and a lead core baton.

The kitchen always has two guards and three kitchen staff in it for all meals but only the cafeteria is open all day and night, When the kitchen is not being used everything is put under lock and key.

The library is open all hours and is run by three decent people who try their best to keep up to date in the latest books, These three say the guards are not allowed in with their weapons and are only allowed in if they are borrowing a book, The three keep a variety of weapons with them. They are: Mr Hamlock, Mrs Redeck and Mrs Lamore.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alan woke in his cell to a guard rapping on his cell door with his baton "Come on you wake up Mr Hamlock wants that book back".
Alan looked up and glared at the guard "I'm sure that he didn't mean straight away" he said in an angry voice
The guard grinned at him and sighed in mock apology "Well sorry but your up now so you may as well do it" he put a hand over his mouth as he spoke to hide a grin.

Alan walked into the library looking dead on his feat with a book clutched to his chest, Mr Hamlock sighed and gave Alan a pat on the back as he gave the book back and starting walking off into the many rows of the library.

(Ok go for it, And sorry it wasn't very good))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Devon sighed as she perused the shelves of the library. She ran her fingertip along the nearest shelf as she walked, scanning the arrangement of books and listening to the sound of her shoes as they gently clipped the floor. It felt like the array of books from which she could choose was beginning to thin; with so little else of interest for her to do in this prison, the last year and a half had been spent doing not much else but reading. It wasn't as if free time was rare.

Her lip curled slightly with a scowl. The way the government treated them here was disgusting. She didn't care if the treatment was better than that of the prisons criminals stayed in--they actually did something wrong to deserve their punishment! Here, all the occupants were locked up because of what they were, even if it wasn't their fault that they were bitten by a dog. There had to be better ways to manage these populations. At least the government could make the lifestyle a little more bearable. The eternal boredom was beginning to wear on her nerves.

Eventually a book caught her eye, making her pause and derailing her previous train of thought. With a thoughtful sigh she pulled the book from the shelf and scanned the back, hoping that it would provide her with some entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:07 pm

As Drake moved silently through the corridor of books known as the library, he caught sight of a young woman. She at least looked young, but in here, it was hard to tell. Walking past the girl, he picked a book up from the shelf, right beside her. It seemed dusty, but interesting to the red-eyed mockery of a human being. "The Idle Hands of December...Interesting..." He looked through the pages with intrigue, then stopped, noticing the girl once more. Turning to face her, his red eyes were gently glowing in the dim light of the library.

"Good evening, my lady. What's that you've got there?" He asked curiously, his eyes scanning the cover of the book the woman held.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Stheno slithered through the halls, one hand on the wall to guide her. Although her gaze wasn't deadly unless she wanted it to be, people seemed more at ease if she wore her blindfold. A small smirk crossed her face as she heard the familiar sound of people shuffling out of her way. While it pleased her that she could still evoke fear in people, it ired her that she was stuck here in the first place. If she had have ran when her sister did rather than trying to stay and kill the government team, she might not have been captured. But this did provide her with an interesting opportunity. There were many creatures here that stroked her interest.

She reached the door she was looking for on her left, and turned into the library. She had found that it was a good place to learn what she had missed during the two thousand years she had been imprisoned.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Alan was walking though the rows of books his feet not making a sound as he checked the spines of the books for one he might like
when he come across two people, Alan snuck up behind them making sure that he couldn't make a sound, As Alan got within a meter of the two people in front of him he stopped and reached out at them.

As Alan's hand passed though half of the air between them his fingers started to wriggle in a tickling motion as they got closer and closer, Alan's mind was racing the last time he had done this the person had went berserk and tried to kill him, That person was unsuccessful but that had only been one person.

(( Ill be posting heaps more often when the internet resets and i get more downloads. ))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Devon hardly paid any mind to the male who was talking to her. "This," she said simply in reply to his question, holding up the book so he could see the title: Sojourn in curly, silver script. She didn't even look at him, though, simply glancing at him from the corner of her eye before returning her gaze to the shelf.

Something else caught her attention, though, as someone's hand entered her field of view. She frowned, took her hardback book, and swatted sharply at the hand, again without looking at what she was doing. It didn't matter who she was trying to hit, because they didn't need to be bothering her.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:05 pm

As Drake read the title he nodded a little. "Interesting title...Unique." He turned away from the woman, noticing a strange man standing next to him. Raising an eyebrow, he cleared his throat. "Is there something you need, or are you simply being a nuisance?" He crossed his arms, a bit irritated already due to lack of nourishment.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:40 am

Stheno slithered into the library, slightly irritated at having to use her hands to guide her. Sometimes the blindfold was necessary to let her move about freely, without causing too much of a commotion, but it was so annoying! With a low growl, she finally decided to take it off. After all, how much was she expected to do blindfolded while in a library?

A few people near her jumped back, trying desperately not to make eye contact. She didn't know if that ired, or amused her. She went up to the librarian, a strict old lady that was one of the few people that didn't fear her, and returned her book. She then went to browsing the shelves for her next means of entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Alan gave the girl a hurt look when she swatted away his hand "Aww", Alan was about too extend his compliant when the guy started talking to him in a none to happy voice, Alan smiled as he turned to the guy "Nether, Its simply easy and fun although I do have to admit it works better when they don't see me" he said with a laugh.

Alan quickly reached over the guys shoulder and plucked a book from the shelf, The small gold and silver lettering sparkled as Alan turn the book over, "Tomorrow when the war began" Alan said out loud as he held up a hand to the person and started reading the back of the book.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 pm

Devon glanced at the other two blankly, mumbled a somewhat confused "Okay then," and wandered away with her book in hand. She was somewhat eager to get away. People bothered her as it was, and nobody in this compound, aside from the guards, was a normal person anyway. Besides that, her enhanced senses had picked up a scent that made her uncomfortable--that of a vampire, from the first male. Why that made her particularly uneasy in a building full of demons, she wasn't sure, but she decided it was much safer to check out her book and leave instead of staying.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Drake grew only more irritated as the stranger rambled on. Finally, he merely shrugged, walking away. That one was annoying, he'd have to make a note. Stepping away, he looked to the front counter, checking out the book, then sitting down and looking through the pages of it with renewed interest.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 am

Stheno sat uncomfertably in one of the large chairs, these things obviously hadn't been built for gorgon tails, and sifted through her book with a bored expression on her face. Ah, for the days when she had been free to kill as she chose. But, those days were gone to the wind now. She had to be careful - play her cards right - before she could go on the spree that her vengeful heart so longed for.

With a sigh, she looked around the library. It was usually crowded, since it was the only real source of entertainment. Today it only housed a few creatures. She recognized some of them, though she knew them not by name. Perhaps now would be a good time to scout out allies. After all, once the time came to escape, a few warriors on her side would not be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Alan walked around for a couple minutes before he found an old friend "Stheno" he said in a loud voice gaining him angry glances from nearly everyone one in the library, After he said sorry and got "shhhh"ed again he walked over to Stheno and watched as the Gorgon tried to make herself comfortable, Alan didn't flinch as her gaze scanned the crowd and met his own gaze, Unlike most people Alan was not scared of the Gorgon.

(( Sorry for the really bad post, Ill be going away for 1 or 2 days and I'm out of time to post something so this is it. ))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:31 pm

After checking out her book, Devon hesitated to watch the others in the library. Someone apparently was trying to get the attention of the gorgon --Stheno? Something like that, she wasn't sure of the name-- and she didn't understand why. Why not particularly fearful of her, Devon didn't house any desire to be around her, either, and didn't know why anyone else would.

Then again, perhaps that was merely prejudice. She shrugged to herself, then decided to take a seat at a table rather than go back to read in her dreary cell.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:00 am

Drake sat down in a small chair in the corner, reading the odd novel he'd picked up. What else was there to do in a place that never felt like home, but wasn't quite Hell either? He ignored the loud mouthed idiot whom he'd seen before, growing only more agitated.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Stheno looked up with a slightly annoyed expression as she heard someone call her name. There was only one person in here that would have the guts to call out out to her with such a familiar tone.

"What do you want, Alan?" she asked the warlock-mutt.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Alan looked at Stheno with a hurt expression that was quickly replaced by a wide grin "To talk of course", Alan spun a chair around and sat looking at Stheno, Only to those who were looking at him through magic sensing or very sensitive eyes would see the thin layer of shadow covering his eyes because Alan even with the blood that ran through his veins was not immune to the magic that the Gorgon possessed unlike his father who was immune to all magic, "I have an offer to make"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:40 pm

While she halfheartedly skimmed the open pages of her book, Devon amused herself by listening to others in the library. Her sharp senses let her pick up sounds others couldn't, and while she normally didn't use it for anything, she was bored today. Reading had suddenly lost its interest and there was very little else that she could do, so she might as well listen and be kept up on the prison's goings-on.

She ended up listening to the conversation held by Stheno and "What's-his-face," as she mentally referred to him when she couldn't recall the insignificant male's name, while she pretended to read.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:36 am

Stheno couldn't help being intrigued. She raised one sculpted eyebrow with a slight twitch of her mouth that may have been a smile.

"Oh have you? And what, pray-tell, might that be, Pup?" she asked in a apathetic tone. After all, what could this youngling have to offer one such as herself?
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:56 am

Alan smiled evilly at Steno "Don't pretend that you don't know what is soon to be, My father is soon to rise and he will destroy all who appose him" Alan's grin widened before he added "Not even your mighty power would be enough and that is why I am offering you a position on the winning side".

He felt like he was being watched, He didn't like it and so he looked around but nobody seemed to be watching from what he could see.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 am

Stheno shook her head at the boy's naivety. Though she couldn't deny the feeling that something was coming, she doubted that this child would have any significant say in it.

"I have been on my own team for near three thousand years, boy. It seems to be working out just fine for me. However, if it is an alliance you are seeking, I may be inclined to take you under my wing."
Back to top Go down
KriiVanWinters
Hatchling
Hatchling
KriiVanWinters

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 am

Suddenly walking through the door with his hooves sounding off against the floor Scyther placed a few books against the counter where he had then scanned the area in the Library, with that he noticed unwanted attention due to being a Centaur and a creature not commonly known for seperating fromhis Herd. "What....Shall it be today?" As he scanned the shelves looking down at the first sets of book from his uncanny height.

He then turned his attention scanning the area again, noticing a group on a table that seemed odd to his mind, he then turned his gaze back to the title pages of the books as he picked up more and more scanning the contence of the back and front cover until he finally found a eye catching title. "A cold flame" with his curiocity peeked he then looked around for somewhere to read, unfortunatly being the size he is and the type of creature there was no place for him here, so instead he took himself out of the library checking out a book and walking down the corridors finding a place to read quietly but noticing still the prying eyes that kept a lock on him as he left.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:40 pm

((Psst--roleplays filed under "The End" are finished or dead.))
Back to top Go down
KriiVanWinters
Hatchling
Hatchling
KriiVanWinters

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:48 pm

(Seems that way doesnt it ^^)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A prison of legends IC   A prison of legends IC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A prison of legends IC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: The End :: Beginner-
Jump to: