The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Mirror Mirror

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 pm

"In 24 hours they'll be
Laying flowers
On my life, it's over tonight
I'm not messing no I
Need your blessing
And your promise to live free
Please do it for me"
~Jem: 24

Legend had it that there was a mirror that showed the opposite of what you were. Something that was good could be bad and something ugly beautiful, but is that necessarily true or is it something someone made up because of an experience they had? A Wiseman had said that he had went to the other side of the mirror. That it was a dark place the opposite of everything that was were he was from. That they should seal the other, as he called it, Mirrorverse. He took an orb and sealed the mirror with a magic that none of the people had ever seen before. A child with wide eyes saw this and said that the man was not who he said he was, that he was from the other side of the mirror. No one believed the boy, they said he was just surprised after seeing the miracle that the Wiseman had just preformed.

The child passed on the legend to his children, telling them to keep an eye on the Wiseman that he didn't trust him. The rest of the villagers didn't believe the now man but his children did seeing as the Wiseman aged only a little and had not passed on. Time passed and soon people believed it only as a legend. Not even the Wiseman, who was still alive but lived under a different name, was believable any more. A young child, one who was a decedent from the child who called the Wiseman a fake, found an golden orb on the ground, and saw a hidden puzzle in the orb. The child took home the orb and played around with it, trying to solve the puzzle, as the child turned the last row the child heard a click. A golden light emitted from the orb and a mirror was shown in the light.

"Help me," he heard from a weak voice that sounded similar to the Wiseman, "Our Great, Great Grandfather called out that the Wiseman was a fake, that he came from the Mirrorverse taking the original Wiseman. Whether that is true we do not know."

So I did an rp that was somewhat similar to this (going to a different universe using a mirror) but I thought why not try it in a different setting/stage. I know the universe is going to be chaotic and the land can have magical properties as well, just don't make it too fantastical. Personally thats pretty much all I got for this rp at the moment. So for just now I'm wondering who is interested?
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:32 am

Yep! Count me in!
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Might as well give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Sweet! should we wait a little longer or should I put up an OOC now?

There is one thing I would like to ask though we need a person to be the Wiseman, the kid (I don't care if its a kid or not I just put it in there for reference sake) and since its a mirror world there can be the mirror of the people in it so I don't care if you want to be your own mirror or if you want someone else to do it. That's the only think I can think of that is needed. I'd like to start where the kid finds the orb though that would be pretty interesting but its up to when everyone starts.

what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Hmmm...Well, an OOC going up is more activity and more visibility. Plus, everyone else who's put up something has expected more people and it's not worked out quite as well. They've been stuck in development for a while. A tragedy sadly.

OK, how about one of us is the Wiseman, one of us is the boy and one of us plays his Mirrorverse counterpart? Sweet, you probably ought to play the Wiseman or whoever will have the most sway over the RP as you can then direct things properly. That is if your being hands-on of course.

I'd quite like to play the counter part.

Or, we all create a character and then play each others Mirrorverse other. I'll randomise it so we'll get it all nice and fairly chosen.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 pm

I think making our characters and then playing each others mirror versions would be really interesting. I'd love to do that.

I suppose I could do the Wiseman in addition, or the kid--whichever one Sweet doesn't want to do.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Aye aye! What say you Sweet, me young lass?
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Sounds fun! I'll create it now, personally I have no clue on how to go on with it from the beginning other than the person going into the mirrorverse I was planning to let it flow from those writing it, thought it would be more fun that way. So I was going to let people choose who they wanted to be and go on from there.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, in that case, I'd like to be the Wiseman. I plan on ripping his appearance from another older roleplay character of mine who never saw much action. >3>;
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Okey dokey.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Is there a character you really want to play Tyro?
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Err....Mainly one of the people going into the Mirrorworld actually. I'm just debating in my head who I should send in. Should I default to Tyro? Should I send in Toivo, Dom, Leth or maybe Myu? Should I use one of Tyro's kids that's not featured here yet? I also have a Dwarf called Lucifer Bedfellow, a loud mouthed, cooking loving maniac that might be interesting here. Then there's the baddies I have. Would they work? Maybe Dona Folly, the futuristic character I keep using, should I reshape her (again) for another RP?

Or should I come up with someone else?

....Still thinking on it. I'll wait to see who you and Syl comes up with first, Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm debating. I don't want to use Joey, that much I know. Maybe Taiju or Devon, but I have a feeling I'll be making someone else up. I'll have to figure it out when I'm not sitting in class. >_>
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I may default to the kid I dunno haven't really thought about it, I was going to let everyone go first and then make my character haha XD
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Okay, I'll edit my old character's profile and put him up as the Wiseman, then figure out someone for my secondary character. If anyone knows who Valden is, Wiseman'll be like that. XD
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Off to Google him now...Err...nope. That didn't help. Ah well...

As for my character....Err...I'm going to go with.....err......Nope...I'll keep thinking...err...
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:31 pm

haha nice one

and feel free to take your time, no rush,

because seriously I have no clue either haha
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:45 pm

I have to admit, I'd rather like to see a mirrored Tyro. I know I use him nearly everywhere but....I'd like to see what kind of vain, preening ponce that would have to result from the scruffy creature I regularly write.

Maybe I'll add more character's later.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm

haha do it, it would seem fun

so are you going to have Tyro be the kid (using kid liberally)?
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Meh...Tyro is a kid...to other, older Kitsune. 130-odd is teenage for them I would imagine. I was thinking of something closer to security but we could do.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 pm

up to you, like I said I could be the kid, I personally have no clue what I want to be right now
we also need mirror versions unless everyone wants to do there own mirror version
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 pm

I liked the idea of us doing each other's mirror character. Are we still doing that?
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:55 pm

i don't mind what do you think Syl?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Like I said, I'd love to do each other's mirror versions. We just might have to run them by each other. :3
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm

OK then. I'm just putting up Tyro. His profiles been up here for a while, who'd like to take that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirror Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror   Mirror Mirror Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror Mirror
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next