The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Empty
PostSubject: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:37 pm

I don't exactly have plots because I can't seem to focus on an idea for long enough to turn it into something more. But I thought of these as situations I'd like to see my characters in, because they can generate some funny situations.

These can be played as one on ones or not... So that's why I'm posting under Interest Checks. *shrugs*

Assassin idea nº1 (is medieval): Two assassins of rival clans. They have run into each other in several occasions, fought each other on several occasions, one hasn't yet managed to kill the other. One beautiful day they are sent after the same target. They end up bumping into one another and this causes them to be so distracted, that they are discovered, and captured. While trying to escape the guards one of them overhears a plot to wipe out both the clans once and for all.
The rp would start with both characters in a cell together, unarmed.

Goals initially are to:
Escape.
Warn both clan leaders
Resume to try and kill one another, or become best buddies... We'll see. lol

----------------

Assassin idea nº2 (not necessarily medieval): The two best assassins of a clan are sent to exterminate a rival family up to its last member. The last member being a 10 month old baby. So they spare the baby and become traitors to their clan. Now not only they have to run to stay alive, they also have to figure out what to do with the kid.

-----------------

The none-assassin idea... It would be good to have more than two people for this, but... It would work either way.

The idea is basically that the characters wake up in a deserted, falling apart, little town in the middle of nowhere. They are all approached by a cloaked man who tells each one of them separately that they are there because they have been ignoring their destiny, and they need to figure out what to do with their lives. If they can't find out why they are there within a certain amount of time (haven't decided how much time), they will die.
The idea is that at first the characters assume they are alone and later on find each other.

In reality... These people have suffered accidents and are in a coma for some reason. So now, they are stuck in this place between life and death in order to be judged. If they can't find a way to change their ways before the time runs out, they die. If they can, they wake up. I have not decided if they would be aware of this or not.

This is something that needs a little work to be pulled off. Basically the above is the instant thought I had while listening to a Metallica song. It has not been given any actual thought yet.

Well, they all need work, to be honest.

Hope one of these spikes someone's interest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:44 pm

I like the second idea and like to rp with you.

The third is not bad but it maybe a little hard, but here there is wonderful writers.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Hmmmm...I like the non-assassin idea. Seems rather interesting.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Rose: Okay, cool. Wanna work some ideas into it or just... Go for it? lol
Like I said, I don't have much of a plan. Razz

And, yeah. The third is confusing still, and... It maybe would call for a better GM than me *sucks at GMing*, but I like the possibilities that come with it. And I'm proud of the fact that it's the first non-medieval, non-assassin, thing that's popped in my head in a looong time. Razz

Anyway, with good creative people it can be really awesome.

I dunno... I like the idea of having to figure out your biggest character flaws, or mistakes and doing it while in a strange place with strange people around being threatened with death... It's emotionally challenging. *evil grin*
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Black: Lets go for it. I can play a male and you can play as a girl. I can play any you want it.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Okay.

I'll make a thread for it in the one on one section soon.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks, I will look out for it.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Rose: Thread's here: Click!

Excuse the lame title... I wrote the post then I took a random line from it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Don't worry about the title it is a little better then some of mine.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 pm

I can't help but feel that Leth would be good for the none assassin RP. Anyway...

It entirely depends on what these two characters are expected to change about themselves or fulfil? maybe fighting a war that;s symbolic of their fight against what caused their coma, Life On Mars style. Or, maybe they have to travel and fall in love? Or maybe kill something? Something causing their comas? Or maybe the only thing stopping them from slipping into it for their entire lives? A few pointers as to the nature of this RP would be handy. Is it meant as a heroic epic or a melancholic tale of woe?
Back to top Go down
Blackbird26
Child
Child
Blackbird26

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Heh... I really need to stop and actually take my time with this. *wonders which character to use*

What led me to the thought of this was this song here:

Playing this in the guitar is pure awesomeness btw. lol

I had given it very little actual thinking until now so... *thinks*

To pull this off would take some level of planning I suppose.

My original thought is that what they have to modify would be a personality trait, or a decision they made recently or something they need to do but can't see. Specifically what would have to be up to the person playing the character.

What I thought as to what happens in this place as they explore they are given challenges, or tests. Each challenge relates to something from their present or past that they overlook or decided to forget for some reason, or requires them to do something that goes against their personality. Let's say, for instance, if I used Ali for this, she might have to walk through a fire, or revisit her parents death... These kinds of things. But I wouldn't use Ali for this I think.

These 'tests' can occur at anytime any place as long as they are there, and not getting through them would mean death. Or maybe to make it more interesting, and not have like... The characters monologuing throughout the rp and not interacting, they have to face the challenges together and they both die if they fail. That way they are kind of stuck with each other.

I don't think necessarily what they have to do has to do with the other person, more as if they help each other see the problem maybe.

Another thing I thought is that whenever they fall asleep in this place they can hear what goes on in 'real world' around their bodies at the hospital. Doctors speaking, family members, friends... Stuff like that. I thought of the coma as only an excuse to be bringing these two people to this... place, state of consciousness, whatever it may be called.

*sigh*

Like I said, it might take a better GM than me to make this work. But these are my thoughts any way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.   Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two ideas involving assassins... The other, not so much.
Page 1 of 1