The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Monthly Writing and Art Contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Monthly Writing and Art Contest Empty
PostSubject: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Well this is a monthly contest and its for people who like to write and draw.

What's going to happen is each month there will be a theme posted and those participating have to write a short story to that theme or draw a picture to that theme. It can be any genre but it has to go with the theme decided.

You can take the theme what ever way you want to though, be creative that is what this site is all about isn't it?

This will be archived every month and a winner from each part will be chosen as well so there will be a winner of art and winner of writting every month. The winners will be put in a special winners section where they will be posted for the month/year as long as its posted.

Things that are needed for all entries

Title:
Author/Artist:
Rating:
Challange:
Character/Pairing:

put these all before your post so we know whats going on Ratings are G PG Pg-13 ect. You can also use the K K+ if you want as well. Though your name will most likely be on your post when I archive it in the winners archives it won't be so its needed for that. Not everything needs to have a paring unless its a special contest however always state your main character (just for fun and so we know who it is if you use 1st or 2nd person).

First Contest: ends June 30
Theme: Surf and Turf
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm

AND THE WINNER FOR THE JUNE CONTEST IS

NO ONE
since no one posted

So since no one posted for June, June will become July

so the July contest theme is
FIREWORKS
it ends at midnight August 1
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:19 am

This will be for the month of April

It will start now and will end April 30th at 11:59 p.m. GMT sound good?

The theme for April will be a little cliche but we'll go with it: Rain
Feel free to ask questions!
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Hello hello! I thought I'd use this as an opportunity to figure out how to post pictures.

Seriously, how do you do it? I have a picture ready I just don't know how to post it.

Last edited by OddandOdd on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wasn't finished)
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 am

you click the picture *poloriad* with the plus which is insert an image I believe
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:25 pm

But what does it mean by URL and stuff? Do I have to post the image some where else and point to it?

Cause if worse gets the worse i can just post it to deviantart and post the link here. Would that be ok?
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:05 pm

ok so there is host an image by it (to the left that allows you to upload the image) and putting it on deviant art totally cool
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:35 pm

I must be some kind of stupid, so I'll just post this link.

http://edoddandodd.deviantart.com/art/Rain-Dance-450978003

I meant to turn this in earlier so people would be interested in joining in but I only just realized the date and now I feel bad.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Seriously, I feel like I've swooped in and tried to win the special Olympics that nobody entered.  pale 
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 12:40 am

at least you tried, I mean I judge so I can't really go in and enter myself, might as well though haha.

Ok April Winner is OddandOdd! Congrats! and Yay our first winner!

May Contest is up and the theme is:
New Beginnings!
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:18 pm

OH LOOK AT HOW PROMPT I AM!

http://edoddandodd.deviantart.com/art/Gladator-Odd-s-Comic-EX1-451893000

my fingers hurt but now maybe people will participate!

I'm also going to toss this in the critique section because I want people to actually rip and tear into my drawing so that I can improve.

I seriously thought DA would be a good place for getting critiques; all my friends are constantly talking about all of their comments so I thought I was a pretty loud community.

It not. In fact it's kinda creepy...  Gas Mask
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Bridget shrugged her bag onto her shoulder as she headed out the door. It was hot and muggy outside, the way it usually was after a heavy rain on a hot summer day. She tossed her bag into the back of her car, sat in the driver's seat, and tried to start it. The car replied in a few sputters followed by dead silence.

"I don't know what I expected." She sighed and picked up her bag. It wasn't the first time he had messed with her car to keep her from leaving. In the past it had worked, but she wasn't going to let it this time. She slammed the car door and began walking.

The past few months hadn't been easy for her, and it showed on her face: not only in the form of various cuts and bruises, but also in the look of dejection and self-loathing. She bore the face of a rock that had been worn to nothing by the gushing river.

Bridget shrugged the bag into a more comfortable position on her shoulder. It was time for her to leave all of that in the past. A few rocks scattered across the pavement as she kicked her foot. A small smile crept to her lips. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been on a walk.

Looking to her left, Bridget saw a an empty field. The grass looked as though it hadn't been mowed in a year. A flock of birds were flying from one part of it to the other, as though trying to decide which side had greener grass. Bridget's smile grew wider. She had once longed for the freedom to decide where she wanted to be, not realizing that she had it the whole time.

Sweat began to drip down Bridget's neck as she finally reached the highway. She tied her hair up in a messy bun as the cars whizzed past her. She stuck her arm out and held up her thumb. The cars just kept whizzing.
After a while her neck was aching, her shirt was soaked, and her bag felt as though it were loaded with boulders. She sat at the side of the road and began to cry.

How far was she from home now? How far from him? Maybe she should just go back - forget all this nonsense about starting over and finding herself again. He wasn't all bad. There were times when she felt as though he really loved her. He would kiss her on the shoulder as she cooked. He would tuck her hair behind her ear after she apologized for not dedicating 100% of her time to him. There were times when he really made her feel like a person and not a possession.

But then there were other times.

Bridget stood with a new-found determination. She knew exactly how far away from home she was. It was a thousand miles in the opposite direction of that man. She held out her thumb again, and this time it wasn't long before a kind woman pulled over and offered her a ride and a cup of water. Bridget knew that the road from here was long and scary, but she was willing to take the risk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Writing and Art Contest   Monthly Writing and Art Contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Writing and Art Contest
Page 1 of 1