The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

National Novel Writing Month

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

National Novel Writing Month Empty
PostSubject: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:48 pm

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

c: I'm doin' it. Are you?

I've been a participant in NaNoWriMo ever since I was in seventh grade and it's great. You don't HAVE to go for the big 50k; I haven't even attempted to tackle that yet. I've set my own goals and increased them every year -- 10k, 15k, 20k, and now I'm sitting at 25k. I actually hit 25k the last time I NaNo'd, but it wasn't with a proper story so I want to try it again.

Why should you NaNo? 'Cause it's a great excuse to force yourself to sit down and write. The product naturally isn't going to be perfect, but the point is to get it done. There's time to go back and edit it and fix things later. c:

What's really fun is getting involved with other people in your region who are doing NaNo. I love my NaNo community XD I can't wait to actually attend meetings this year.

SO. Who else is interested in writing a NaNovel? ;D
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:50 pm

I'll give it a try. I'll probably just use it as an excuse to work more on my current story. I just wish I was more motivated. T_T
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Bah. I have been meaning for the last two years to actually participate. I might try again this year, should time permit.
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

Location : Your Mind, Your Heart, Your Soul. Infecting You - Cell, By Cell.

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Never force yourself to write.

That's the only rule, I think. Never - EVER - Force it.

But I suppose that's my rule, With some people it could be like that song goes:

"It breaks when you don't force it" Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Mrrr. But it isn't exactly forcing yourself to write, it's forcing yourself to stop making excuses and do it. ;D You want to do it, you just make excuses and keep putting it off and therefore never get anything done.

Also -- Motivation? That's where the groups come from. Peer pressure! Wooooooo~
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

Location : Your Mind, Your Heart, Your Soul. Infecting You - Cell, By Cell.

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:30 am

Mala, you could have shortened that sentence by quite a bit, had you only used the word : procrastinate!

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:17 pm

lol, ahh, quite, quite. c:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:35 pm

I tried to write, but it's the cursed writer's block that's getting to me, though... ah, well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Novel Writing Month
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Gossips and chat-
Jump to: