The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+9
Thepsycoman
Arzoath
Ari
Common Nonsense
SilentxMidnight
pjkio03
Frozen Memory
Shiva
fleamailman
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Did I win?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

no
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Indecisive_Gamers/index.php?act=idx
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Darn.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 am

("...you won when you posted..." replied the goblin, adding "...but you wins are short lived, that's all...")

repost from elsewhere, the "any new year's resolutions" thread

"...me, I'm out to conquer forumland now as some livewriter would..." said the goblin, adding "...and yes, I don't even know what a livewriter really is, only that it's never been done before, and after that I'd like to capture the moon too, though that's been done before countless times...", simply the goblin had to cup the moon in his hands like he had done in his childhood, saying "...ah yes, I was so much better at catching moons when I was little, then all types of rationality cluttered my mind and somehow I lost the knack, so today too I don't want to be some rational writer here, no I just want to cup the idea in my hands..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 72_jester
134 303 2144
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:21 am

I see, I see. I like this game, then. I win ALL THE TIME.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:07 am

("...yes, you win each time, promise..." replied the goblin, adding "...ah, but each post is a reflection of self is it not where it is not wise to trust goblins now...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Fleamailman – I always wanted to know why you state your opinion in through a talking goblin? It’s interesting, but unusual for me at least. What isn’t it about? Theology, psychology, science, the meaning of life and alcohol embedded in a tale of fiction.

"...ah now, one can't write in third person without having a persona here, yet it always begs the question "yes ok, but who or what is actually writing this then", simply, since most readers being used to books, they expect it, where some blanc from experience annoys them whereas a persona played well amuses them..." mentioned the goblin who also knew that most people wouldn't remember his username, like they wouldn't remember most, if not all, of the other usernames on this forum now, but here again using a persona was the trick since he didn't know how many times he had actually read somewhere that line oh no not that bloody goblin again, explaining "...so perhaps the idea here is to have a unique username that people can actually find one by googling it, together with a loose association with some persona that people can remember you by, where I in return get the chance to practice writing in third person and to illustrate my posts by adding a picture here, so welcome to my world human, now I imagine the next question is either why in the off topics section goblin, or that other one why remain anonymous goblin, or why that writing style goblin or who are the other livewriters goblin, though more likely you probably just want to know what I've been smoking..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 YAKUSHIMA_MONKEY
135 305 2152

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:11 am

repost from elsewhere, about being anonymous again

"...well I understand that it is a compromise then..." restarted the goblin now, continuing "...that is, that I get to own nothing here but I remain both ageless and faceless in doing so...", for the goblin had often pointed out that his posts were all dead by the time they were posted, that all this posting was just a journey to self to him, adding "...but really, must I waste what little talent I have upon writing some unread book in that ever declining bookworld now, while all along, under our very noses then, this vast sea of forumland awaits and surrounds us, where all one has to do is just go to the reader in ones posts now, oh yes, those writers might want that readership, where a livewriter might enjoy the readership too, admittedly it does flatter one, but no, in the end he's actually seeking rapport here, for it's rapport and not readership that actually feeds one ones thoughts...", and, apart from that, the goblin had also wondered, what there was to know about him that would change anything anyway, for nothing here one claims can be proved now, least of all ones identity that is, saying "...ah no, I'm not anonymous really, well not any more anonymous than anyone reading this is, so welcome to the masked ball of the internet then, where the truth is yet another mask it seems..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Maya_lin
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:06 am

repost from elsewhere, an australian having a guess at the goblin's identity

Quote :
You mightn't be quite as anonymous as you think, fleemale. I'd put you down as a British civil servant or solicitor.

"...ah no, the truth is more that after the santa family got devoiced, mrs santa, fed up with the arctic cold it seems, moved to australia where she now rides her great surfboard, drawn by sixteen faithful wombats no less, across that ozzy ozoneless sky rewarding good boys by filling up their fishnet stockings with beer cans of course, whereas with bad boys she could be far more imaginative with her riding crop and batwoman outfit..." recounted the accounting british civil servant goblin here, aware that xxxxx's detective work was second to none now, oh yes no goblin was ever safe it seemed

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Batwoman
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:23 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
As a budding freelance writer, lately I have been busy searching for lots of tips and information on the career that entices me. On my travels I have read about so many fabulous writers, how they came about, their style of writing, what drives them, etc, etc. However, it seems that every writer I come across has the same gene......they have been writing since they were little.... For some reason this seems to dis-empower me. It's so wonderful reading about their journeys, but....then I realize...I don't have one! I'm so new to this industry. I haven't been writing for years and years. I have been keeping a journal for years - but I don't think that counts lol. Just something that was cruising my brain cells.......

"...well the question is "what would you write where you had no motivation to do so"..." mentioned the goblin, knowing that sounded like a trick question then, and yet he was dead serious in asking it, continuing "...well if you can answer that question honestly to yourself, then you will know how you stand as to whether you really are a writer by nature or just one of those people who use writing as their means to some end...", the goblin's own answer was clearly in his anonymity here, no external reason then, which lead him to ask a second question, daring "...do you store your posts ever, I mean as some proof of progress now, funny how we use the wrong things as our benchmarks, where bits of your journal for example, reposted here might be a better proof of actual readership, rather than unknown conjectures concluded by comparing yourself with others, and besides, even if you were the worse writer in the world, it's not their journey to self here, it's yours, so don't you want to know yourself by what you write regardless of what anyone thinks of it..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Ncfom_chigurh_walking-43
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:22 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
what's up flea? how's the winter treating you?

"...well I still feel I'm arranging deckchairs on the titanic now, though I do feel that I'm rather good at it, meaning that on a personal level all goes well, whereas whenever I look over the side of the ship I seem to notice that rising sea level again..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...perhaps a lot has to do with simply accepting the half-news given on the television, or going onto the internet to find the news the television isn't offering then, that happy sheep or unhappy wolf choice then, depending on what one knows I suppose, not that knowing it changes it now..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GyHK8751s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59UWWUfY9Q

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Burnigndollar
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:23 am

repost from elsewhere

all these years later, the plaque was still there then, unchanged since the goblin's childhood, even if the old green painted bridge, together with its dark almost motionlessly water beneath had changed, in that hammersmith has become measurably cleaner today, but this little plaque then, that the goblin had first seen in his childhood, went back to a time even before him, december 23rd 1919 in fact, so the goblin just looked over the metal railing down the short drop to the gray dull water again trying to envisage a ghost here even if the details were so few now, relating "...the sparkling dark of chritmas time perhaps, simply he had jumped in after her, and saved her too, only to die a few days later then of some infected injury...", where, in the absence of any more detail, it all seemed to spell attempted suicide on her part, leaving the goblin's imagination to fill in that blanc that the internet had drawn for all his researching, but perhaps the truth might spoil it even

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 1988
135 310 2275
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:01 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
...and I'm considering offering my book as a free download.

"...well I'm not so sure..." mentioned the goblin, wondering about that human nature again, explaining "...you see on this internet people don't really appreciate, nor trust for that matter, anything that looks and feels free now, so because of that I suggest that you first add the price tag to set value and to align any doubts too, and then just let them pirate it as usual..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 1373455_4fe2_625x1000
135 311 2304
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:19 am

repost from elsewhere

“….as long as someone never admits it, it is very hard to prove an identity on this internet for I always remain anonymous where even if someone found out my identity down to the very last detail now, I would just never confirm it to them…” said the goblin, knowing that situations often change, explaining “…so my email address remains fleamailman, where my ip address changes with each session, and where the mac address behind my ip address is a linux clone, so at best someone would trace it back to a laptop in some bistro in geneva…”, just that the goblin was repeating that on the internet anonymity is best, explaining again “…for imagine if the political situation, moreover the freedom of speech laws, were to suddenly change for the worse here, then all that you had written to date as someone known would then be held against you now, wouldn’t it, for example did anyone back in 1923, during their failed nazi uprising that is, think that the very same bunch of thugs would actually come to power in germany 1933 under hitler, where obviously the intellectuals were then targeted either to be corrupted into supporting them or, where or when that failed, to be suppress then…”

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 52cacd42-1b28-45d0-81f3-bdb3fbd52cc3.grid-6x2
135 312 2336
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:15 am

repost from elsewhere

"...welcome..." went the goblin over the noise of the humming computer now, where the night's moon merited little thought beyond the lopsided smile that seemed to brim down at him here, or was that a wink he wondered, he couldn't tell really, perhaps he'd have to ask it at some point, but either way the goblin turned back to what he was thinking again, saying "...let the text build up to the picture at the end of it, for all this illustrating gets one to envisage the text's projected image, simply pictures illustrate that image then...", where the night's sky just whispered back "...goblin, leave be, advice turns people into clones now, avoid the trap of correcting others where one's imperfections becomes one's individuality throughout..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Night-sky
135 313 2362
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:59 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...and all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put the paperbook world back together again goblin..." smiled the muse in her usual off the cuff manner not that she cared, ah no she was bipolar, she always bounced back one way or another getting all that attention she craved for then, she just continued "...this transition is just another great moment for originality goblin, for later things just settle down and that benchmark goes up doesn't it, and besides, they only really remember two types now, the first, and the best, where the best is always open to discussion, whereas the first, well isn't that up to you now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Whispers_of_the_Muse_640
137 314 2406
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 am

repost from elsewhere, an australian "last post" thread

Quote :
But it seems that US services, no matter what hat they wear, are more interested in 1) standing around making a lot of noise about what they intend to do, and 2) being paid for it when they eventually get around to doing it. Americans just don’t have that “let’s all pitch in now and help each other” attitude that we do. They simply don't understand the concept of mateship.

"...no, it's just we're talking about those ramifications of size again, where, the bigger the unit in question is, the more its laws stifle self-sufficiency which it turn encourages dependency on the top..." mentioned the goblin, thinking of how each empire in their turn became so clogged up by their own bureaucracy and red type that they were either, overtaken by someone else, or toppled in war, or just fell apart by on their own accord , whereupon the goblin just added "... just that each empire, one after the other then, like so many waves on a beach perhaps, and each without exception too, seemed so powerful that no one thought its fall possible, which is probably what most people think today too, about our western alliance and of the present status quo now, where human nature always submits to authority pushing that wave along each time, so why should this be any different now, and perhaps too, this empire's autopsy will read death by political paralysis and over extended boarders like the others had..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 2
136 315 2426
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:54 am

The half elf giggled as she stepped back into the territory of the Last Person To Post Here Wins thread. Indeed, she was tearing up the gaming section this morning.
She waved at the goblin, happy to see him again.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:29 am

("...good to see you posting..." went the goblin who had fallen asleep through winning too long, adding "...funny that to win this game outright is to lose then...")

repost from elsewhere

"...ah but no one actually dies on forumland, only that they stop posting..." mentioned the goblin, while outside the bistro the evening's snow had continued since morning-time as a blanket of white firmly besieged the village of chamonix, where naturally the biggest fear, written upon everyone's minds, was at what point would all this snow conjure up that christmas carol music, yes, even one false thought or innocent recollection and the scene would be awash with bing crosby singing "I'm squatting in your brain mortals", the goblin vetted his thoughts carefully now, saying "...it's the time of year that we all live in fear of our sanity going christmushy...", and yes, somewhere out there too, in the looming darkness now, cunning santa was once more beginning to turn those humans into christmas zombies where his subtle exaction of their brains continued unnoticed and more like unmissed too

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Cat-Sweaters-19
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 am

repost from elsewhere

"...what a odd game they play then, where those member states try not to be the country that actually breaks the back of the eurozone while taking their turns to grab whatever cash that's going while they still can, where the unspoken truth is simply that sovereign debt is above repayment, it doesn't need to be repaid at all..." mentioned the goblin letting the penny drop thinking upon those various countries that have defaulted ranging from england to the medici bankers in the middleages, on to argentina in our times, adding "...well this pretence grows thinner with its continuation here of course, yet good intentions do make excellent vote-winning platforms here, and borrowing money that one doesn't have to return within one's term of office, if at all, does make fiscal sense to short sighted politicians..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 House-of-cards
136 318 2558
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 am

repost from elsewhere

"...and gaius, goblin..." the witchdocter asked knowingly enough not to actually be asking, just adding instead "...oh no, he was probably neither as bad, nor as mad for that matter, as they make out goblin, just unacceptable now, more a threat to the senate and the status quo at the time then...", the goblin, for his part, was recounting to himself his memories of gaius ceasar now, better known as littleboots or caligula then, of that final assassination in the coliseum by those very praetorian guards who were meant to protect him, but the witchdocter just interrupted the goblin's thoughts, continuing "...doesn't it remind you of someone else goblin, I mean where, when the emperor is extremely popular both with the common folk and soldiers alike, and yet he is also hated by both the senate and his own bodyguard then, and where the praetorian guard would be on par with the cia or the fbi of today, simply the system played accomplice to that assassination, remember the restoration of the senate was at stake too, and although we'll never know for sure, and they'll never tell us either, president kennedy was probably just as set up for the kill as guias was, for regardless of who actually pulled the trigger now, he was placed in the line of fire to that required result, so it's not the action itself, but the context of that action now, that really tells us the truth of the matter, so just say cui bono and look again, so what do you see now of that assassination..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 20100430055838!Macbeth_consulting_the_Vision_of_the_Armed_Head
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...so what do you suggest then goblin..." agamemnon asked, but the goblin was just looking down at the map of troy now, until moments later the goblin looked back at the king and presented his idea here, saying "...well obviously to date force of arms hasn't worked, but you could try another tactic now, I mean what if you were to first pull back your forces and then build a big wooden horse, calling it the federal horse of troy of course, and inside it, you were to place printing presses, promising to underwrite all trojan debt by issuing long term trojan bonds at interest to cover them, and as long you weren't actually audited, and if they don't ask any questions, you could then unpeg the currency from the gold standard too, churning out ever more notes with ever less value here, taking it ever further form fiscal stability and soundness, until it reached at point where, even with high taxation and austerity programs, they wouldn't be able cover their mountain of debt, and thus the whole economy would simply collapse, whereupon you could then jump in and silently buy up those politicians, corporations and any other assets you desired, after which you could then tighten up fiscal policy again, strengthening the currency too while requesting a surrender of bullion act perhaps calling it "the new deal" while making sure that all gold is handed over to the horse once more by it, whereupon you would simply up gold's price by 70%, and let the whole process repeat until you owned everything by default, but the real joy of this would be that the trojans themselves would still think that they, and not you here, are somehow still in control and running their country by voting for some irrelevant distraction every four years MYAHAHAHAHA...", not surprisingly now the king was giving that goblins are definately not to be trusted look again

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 N1537988664_16060_4054
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:32 am

repost from elsewhere, someone who took notes at bedtime

Quote :
So now the bed time routine now consists of the extra, notepad on table, CHECK, Pen on table, CHECK, Glasses on notepad, CHECK, Stick long enough to reach my lightswitch... i'm working on it, or could just get my lamp fixed...

at with that, the goblin somehow suspected that here was someone confessing, in a roundabout sort of way of course, that he or she didn't in fact have a nubian manservant bodyguard scribe who sat diligently at the bottom of the bed each night just in case those marauding scots or lustful sheep approached the settlement again, where the goblin sympathized deeply imagining how those endless steppes of yorkshire could be daunting to anyone inexperienced like himself, and yet the goblin also knew, that for all its wretched lack of civilization, yorkshire could be quite stunning in a stark barren beauty that closely rivaled its mongolian counterpart, saying "...look, think of me as your friend then, for I will talk to the camel traders in london, and hopefully they will be able a pack a box of pens with the next caravan then, actually I feel it's the very least I can do for you now, just keep you spirits up while you still can..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Mongolia-ger-stay_1439434c
137 321 2716
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:48 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
My problem is I’m kind of floating in limbo. I met most of my friends while riding the bike. I left my phone in the hospital and I don’t know where most of them live. They probably think I killed myself on the bike one day, I just fell off the Earth. Hurricane Katrina compounded that, it scattered people all over the place, hell there’s relatives I still haven’t seen since the storm. I’m trying to make new friends but I don’t know where and being disabled ain’t helping any.

"...ah but it is not so human, for what is so where it cannot be proved..." replied the goblin, thinking of j m barrie, continuing "...that is, that our forumland is simply whatever one portrays of oneself here, forumland is just the sum total of all these portrayals then, where you have no disability whatsoever bar the one you carry around with you, so dump it and let the slot become your moterbike anew, letting these threads pass below your wheels now on that fabled journey to self once more...", somehow that line if you can't live without it then you are not ready for it summed up the goblin approach always, adding "...race you then, think you can catch me human, I do want you to..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Rev_motorcycle
137 322 2759
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:39 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was delighted, saying "...yay, another human who's writing in her posts, and she's good too, should I let be, or just comment from time to time...", and with this goblin somehow knew that the others would join in now, saying "...blogs are so cold, aren't they humans, but not threads, ah no these threads are hot because we share them together...", and with that the goblin just fell quiet for a while looking forward to the next post, adding "...this thread will get more hits to it than your blog ever did, or will for that matter, and many a time I've tried to tell you humans too, perhaps now you'll believe me now for here is a taste of things to come..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Work.145696.21.flat,550x550,075,f.welcome-home
137 323 2815
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Derp.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Indecisive_Gamers/index.php?act=idx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Games-
Jump to: