The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

contest thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Okay peeps. We need some contests going! Get those creative juices flowing and start your engines! Seer has only one contest going and only one person participating which is an admin. That's not fun! We want everyone to join in and there were other contests but no one participated. On this thread post up ideas you think would be fun to make a contest out of. Then we can decide what to do and make it more fun and engaging for you guys. This is now a movement to get you guys active in more than just rping and critique. Move! Move! Move! -Takes out blow horn and blows-
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:23 am

First! *Gets banned*

...Ahem.

How about a Arena-like Roleplay contest? You're one out of like, Fifty fighting others kind of like SUPER SMASH BROTHERS (♥️)

The winner gets to be some sort of global moderator or something?

§
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:54 am

It's an interesting idea, but I don't know how it might be difficult to moderate. The only thing I could see working was if each combatant wrote a version of the fight, and then the judge chose the best. Even that way it would be very difficult to decide the winners. How did you see it being judged?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:54 pm

I was thinking more about using a virtual dice, basing the game off virtual chance- but then I thought that would be rather unfair. The reason for thinking about virtual dice was all the characters would be equal in strength anyways, so chance would be a major, major, MAJOR deciding factor in terms of who wins.

We could also do it Deadliest Warrior style if somebody has a fight simulator much like the one produced by Slytherin Studios. Take weapons, training, and mindset into account, make numbers based off the data, and make a fight simulator out of 1000 fights.

But the easiest solution would be for either a judge, or the players to decide who would win based on observing each others post's, and deciding what was more reasonable. Of course, if one constant wrote the other into a corner and checkmated him, that would be a easy win as well..

§
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:54 pm

I am not experienced in fight play-by-post rps so I am not really sure how that works. To stay on the topic of fighters and the like, how about a contest where people make up a warrior character and include history, apperance, a fight, and some other options and whoever is the best wins, earning some type of title?

If you do want to do the play-by-post rp contest, maybe I could make you the moderator for that since you seem to know more about it.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Well, I wouldn't go as far as to make me the moderator- I've only been here for about two and five-eighths of a day. However, I think the best strategy would be to have a single moderator as the referee- while players post their characters in a play-by-post fight.

However, doing so will require honor rules, which means that some roleplayers themselves will HAVE to know when to give up, lest they have the Moderator step in and make a decision for them. It's better to be a good sport and know when your character has been outmatched, rather than "Oh I got both my legs stunned, I can totally dodge this next swing."

I could also be a two-part contest, where we make the best warrior character sheet. One person moderates the character sheets, and decides whether they seem good enough to go into the tournament him/herself. Then the tournament begins, where the second moderator oversees the fighting and steps in whenever necessary.

There will be NPC's they fight (Controlled by the moderator) where they begin to scratch the surface, but eventually it will become player-on-player fights.

That's what I was thinking.

§
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:50 pm

That actually sounds like a good idea. The problem with it however, is we need a moderator for that game who at least knows a bit out play-by-post fights. I don't have that experience, so any of you mods or admins that do, please come forward! If not, I can just make you the 'moderator' of the game. I could give you a fighter title or something. Right now, to me, you seem like the most experienced in that genre. Then we could have one of the actual moderators mod the character sheet like you were saying.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Uhh, okay cool!

Let's wait until the current contest is over. With only one other competetor, I'm in for an easy win >:]

§
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Actually, that is a ongoing contest XD. It doesn't end until Seer runs out of ideas. I am thinking of taking over since he is so busy with his fiance now >.<. He doesn't care about us anymore! -sniffle-. Nah, he is just bussy with her and other stuff. I'll ask if I can take over. That way it can move along faster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

contest thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: contest thread   contest thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

contest thread
Page 1 of 1