The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Through the Rift v. 2.0

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Having gone silent once the two began speaking, knowing he would have his chance to be heard, Kaichou smiled a little after realizing that at least one of them thought he was useless. Waiting his chance his focus pricked once he heard mention of Shh'rart. Realizing that neither of them would consider him helpful until he proved to them he was more then they realized he began to focus, his thoughts merging to a simple flow that matched his body.

Deep in this strange meditative state, Kaichou gathered his concentration. His body becoming pure liquid along with his cloths at the Natalbera's flinch he used his control over the liquids to create a puddle inbetween the two, rising as if he had always been there from the puddle itself until he was fully formed. Opening his eyes he turned from one to the other and said "Ah would like ta 'elp ye get rid o' tha traitorous barstards that be 'round this 'ere forest."

Taking a quick step to the side and seeming to flow with his whole body around to face them, he bowed elegantly. "Tha name's Kaichou Hogaraka, former Highland monk during tha times where tha Shh'rart, tha Mo'kah, an tha ancient Ko'Lok Ven 'ad there spring festivals tagether in 'armony. Now ah just live as ah wanderer, 'elpen oot those who need o' me"
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 am

Natalbera's eyes were caught by the monk turning into liquid 'maybe, maybe he is more skilled then I thought' she told herself silently while watching him.

As the man bowed she lay a hand over her 'heart' and at this signal a vine dropped from the canopy of trees hand hung around his neck in a fashion not unlike an executioners noose. She listed and was waiting for him to say the customary "mercy on their souls" after naming the Ko'Lok Ven. She smiled lightly when he spoke of festivals before looking at him "Ancient, but not gone. I hope you understand that Mr Hogaraka. Us true elementals are not yet dead as your people like to claim."

She of course referred to the Ko'Lok Ven and their children of sorts. The Ko'Lok Ven were the true elementals and born at the time that their element began to form, for Natalbera that was when the first seed of her forest formed. While they were the more powerful they could only act within their elements or in the land surrounding, while their children, simply called elementals, were born to an element they had and could use it at any time.
One year there was a great massacre at the festival and many Ko'Lok Ven died. After this they returned to their sacred grounds. Since then the few Ko'Lok Ven to leave have been murdered until it seemed they were all dead.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:41 pm

"Aye, it is as ye say. But ye may be missen a branch or two in tha family tree." Kaichou said, keeping calm in mind and body despite the vine wrapped around his neck. Thinking back on his life, he could still in his head vision the hidden caves that led to the Mo'kah and the Ko'Lok Ven he knew.

Making sure that this child of the Ko'Lok Ven child had this image through telepathy, he started. "Tha Ko'Lok Ven have 'ad ah branch o' family underneath tha great oceans. Ah myself have trained under both them and the leaders o' tha Mo'kah that remain. Trust from two races not easily won are ah heavy burden ah carry, an' it shows from time ta time."

Extending his hand, Kaichou focused until a pendant made of raw electricity in the shape of a triquetra ((google it, very nice celtic symbol)) formed. Offering it to her, although sure she would not fully understand, Kaichou looked as serious as the two had ever seen him. "Ah am tha son of a left-eye, an a third-eye. Brought up as a right-eye, ah stand 'ere afore ye ta offer tha one thing I keep closest ta me." Kai began before giving a slight pause.

"Mah trust. One who was raised in ah dwarven fashion knows what this is worth."
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Bane only listened to the conversation for a short time, already heading back to camp. He was not going to wonder off and leave the three children on their own. Not when his orders where the Lady herself, and very specific. He trusted Natalbera to handle this new monk, Kaichou, or whatever it was he had called himself. The only thought that grudgingly passed through his mind was that perhaps he would be of some help to their cause. Perhaps.

Either way, Bane didn't stay with them as the two began discussing other things. Instead, he trotted back to where he had come from, once again taking a sentry post at the head of their camp. He dropped to his knees slowly, then pulled his bow from his back, taking only a few moments to glance at the three sleeping figures behind him. Morning would come shortly, when they could leave this dangerous area, but until then...he would have to be alert. Especially with Natalbera's news of the coming Shh'rarts. And tomorrow, they would have to move fast.

Dawn couldn't come quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Natalbera laughed lightly as he seemed to think she was one of the children of her people, the image he sent her gave her a moment of feeling lonely before it was dispelled and she was back to her normal self.

She waited while he finished talking "You seem to misunderstand, I am one of the original Ko'Lok Ven, one of the original five in fact. So please do not do me the disrespect of acting like I don't understand things, I am older then you can possibly imagine."

She waved away his gift "Unfortunately I can't wear any such objects, you may place it on a sapling and have the tree grow around it, but other then that it wont stay on this form." she sighed and sat back "I have no use for you other then you helping me defend the forest, after this is done, you may be on your way."

With all she need to say said Natalbera walked off back to the camp.

Once she was back at camp she walked over to Bane as the centaur stood guard "You should sleep child, I need it not as I will be thinning the oncoming army anyway, my forest will look after the children, do not do me the disrespect of not trusting me with that."

Before waiting for him to reply Natalbera walked into a tree and was gone. At that moment Shh'rart army started to yell as the forest started to attack.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rhiana turned over in her sleep, out of nowhere she suddenly pushed in front of her, in the dream she was simply pushing her ex away, in reality she had just pushed Ronnie into Joey.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:37 am

((If you are interested. Drrandom asked me to take over his character and 'kill it off' after a while. So do we continue?))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:07 pm

((I wouldn't mind getting to, but Night's still awfully busy . . .))
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:39 pm

((Okay Ill wait to hear from here.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Through the Rift v. 2.0   Through the Rift v. 2.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Through the Rift v. 2.0
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2