The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Return to the Rift

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Mostly so I can post Delinae's sheet here. XD And the sheets of anyone else we feel inclined to bring up.

I'm also trying to figure out her whole race, as I've only got it half-explained in my head, so bear with me. >3>;

Name: Delinae
Race: As yet unnamed. >_>;

Appearance: Delinae is fairly tall, standing about 5'11 and rather slim, with tan-colored skin. Her facial features are similar, thin and attractive but not extreme. She keeps her hair somewhat long, past her shoulder blades; her hair is a deep, deep red, thick, and wavy. Her eyes are a faint gold color, although her right eye is covered by a black eye patch that she never removes if it can be helped--she lost that eye as a teenager. In fact, she's more likely to die before taking it off. Similarly, she keeps her other eye almost hidden by her hair, just enough out of her way so that she can see.

As for clothing, Delinae likes to wear earthier colors, usually in browns and clay-colored reds. She has a dusty tan cloak that she likes to wear almost all of the time, drawn about her body. The hood is often pulled up over her head.

Also, although she keeps them hidden, a number of scars cover her body under her clothing, mostly on her chest and shoulders. Were it not for those scars she might be more inclined to wear more feminine clothing from time to time.

And, though they are not always visible, she does own an exceptional pair of dragon wings characteristic of her race. Their appearance is based on magic and innate ability, so she typically doesn't let them show. Two long, pale scars that run down behind her shoulder blades and to her waist denote where they would attach.

Personality: Delinae is incredibly quiet and shy. She very rarely speaks even when spoken to and usually stutters when she does, and often tries to avoid making direct eye contact with anyone. She is more likely to speak through hand gestures to people if they absolutely need something from her. It is not impossible for her to speak, but when she does, it's usually only a few words. She might learn to be more outspoken around people she can learn to trust, but it's been awhile since she's had anyone like that, and even then she wouldn't carry a full verbal conversation.

However, the one thing she is not shy about is music. She carries an ocarina with her at all times and, while she's more likely to play while she's alone, it's not uncommon for her to play in front of other people anyway. It's the one thing she feels completely comfortable doing.

Delinae is also something of a romantic, though considering how little she interacts with others, it's hard to tell.

History: Growing up, Delinae lived in a small village with her family where everybody seemed to know everybody else. It was a pretty peaceful existence with little to interrupt it, surrounded by her own kind.

When she was about sixteen years old, however, that changed. A human raiding party attacked her village. Many were killed or left horribly injured despite trying to fight back. A few fled, but Delinae was unable to escape the attack and was left for dead. It was during this fight that she lost her eye and gained all the scars across her shoulders and chest. Since then she's been alone, traveling and making her own way without a lot of issue.

[/failsheet]
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Aw, excellent Syl. lol

I was soo confused for a minute. I've been thinking about making one of these for us anyway since we need to determine what to do! We need a motive for coming back!

I personally, would love to play an evil character, as I kind of have one in mind. But eh...we can talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Evil characters are always a plus. We had the minor plot of someone trying to revive the dragon, lost somewhere in your journal, but we may want more than that.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:54 pm

oh yeah! lol. forgot about that.

Then, we can stick with that. I think.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Sounds good to me. C:
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:16 pm

okay. So, I will put up a character sheet for Fallyn eventually. Promise.

I tried to give enough of a description of him to go of off until then though. Hope thats okay.

And I was thinking about doing one of my assassin characters, and she would be part of the group trying to bring back the dragon. Would you like to add an evil character with me?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:20 pm

It's fine. C: No huge hurry; you've given enough description that I can imagine what he looks like well enough.

And I probably will add in an evil character so I can contribute to plot. Don't have one off the top of my head, but I'll either make one up or dig through my characters to see what I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 pm

okay, sounds good. I decided to bring Fallyn in so that we werent wondering around completely lost for numerous pages or whatever.

Also, okay. I'ma bring her in kinda whenever I'm not lazy. Im going with she's coming to the town that they are in now in order to find Joey and Ronnie and thats why it isn't safe. Because they know they're there.

so, I was thinking, we could totally go all harry potter with this and say the bad guys want them because only they have the 'power' to bring back the dragon. and of course the good guys want them because they can stop it.

OR, you know, if thats a lame idea, we can do something else. But, I figure since we're actually starting to go somewhere, we might want to start working out plot lines. Or something.

IDK.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Nah, that actually sounds like a pretty good idea. It manages to make more sense than "Yeah, you guys just kinda have to stop this again." I say we go with that. C:
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 pm

okay. good. So, I will post tomorrow then! Off to bed noooow.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:10 pm

I has added in assassins. lol

Snake is kind of a throwaway, she will probably die. Hawk is the main one. I decided to make them kind of part of a guild, where each assassin has a name of an animal that they take characteristics from or something. Which is from a book that I was writing once, and I was just dying to use that concept again. lol

Anyway, character sheets someday. Promise.

kasjdkalsjdakdsja I was going to tell you something else too Syl, but now I dont remember what.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm sure you'll remember soon enough. C:

I'm trying to get one of my evil guys down, I just can't seem to focus long enough. I might have to scrap him and start over.

Or maybe I'll just tweak the god character I used for the site rp. Hmmm. That might save me time.

Regardless, I'm working on it, and I might make an assassin as well to make the guild-type thing more fleshed out.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Oh, you can have like the main evil guy thats in charge of all the...evilness. lol

And it would be awesome if you added to my guild, lol. especially since Snake is probably going to die right off.

Multiple characters ftw!!!

I already have five, since yes, Cadoc counts as a character. Heheheh
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:51 pm

I know I am breaking the rules a bit with this. (Not really I'm just invading.)

But I've been keeping track of this and I wanted to offer something.

I have been planning on having Natalbera take the sword and switch it with a replacement dagger. As an object of first power it would be more powerful. She would have it sent to the elves and so that elf person could possibly have the sword for Ronnie or Joey in your rp.

Also I want to state that I hate you both because I love the look of that rp but I can't interfere anymore then this Mad
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:53 pm

. . .

Sword?
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:00 am

Remember how Rhiana accidentally makes that sword out of her dagger when she first is attacked?

Well I am about to, in the first Rift rp, have Natalbera switch it with a dagger so they think the sword reverted to the dagger again.

The sword being her first use of power will have more power and so she will send it to the lady elf Illi*Elf name* for safe keeping incase it is needed later.

But since that guy *Other elf name* works for the Lady then she might of sent the sword with him. Since Rhiana was really protective of her friends it would be embodied in the sword.

Oh and I think they should think of her every so often. Just so you know in the first rp if we ever get to the dragon I'm planning on having her die in the final fight against the dragon.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Oh, that sword.

ANYWAY

I've retconned my God of Death from the old site roleplay into an assassin. I don't have a whole huge sheet for him, but I can get down his appearance and personality while I try to think of an appropriate name for him that isn't just Raven or Crow. :I

lolOCDassassin

Name: Valden (This'll change to be fitting when I can think of something not cliche)

Appearance: Valden stands at about six feet tall and about 145 pounds, quite lean from a lack of excessive exercise outside of basic training. His face isn’t necessarily unattractive, but also not particularly attractive either, with narrower, sharper features and sallow cheeks. His skin is pale white, very nearly carrying a grayish tinge. His eyes, however, are a bright and sharp shade of middle-toned blue, and are perhaps the most notable of his features. His hair is black, reaching almost to his shoulders and cut straight all the way around.

As for clothing, he sticks to gray and black. His pants are typically black, which he tucks into his boots, and his shirt an ashy gray. He has never had any desire to make his attire any more lively and really only changes it when he needs assassin's clothing.

Personality: Valden has always been rather antisocial for his entire lifespan. He suffers from a bit of OCD, which makes him a good assassin--he needs to double-check his details and make everything perfect, always a plus when killing. He tends to have a lot of compulsive habits such as locking doors three times and washing his hands after a kill repeatedly regardless of whether any blood even touched him (which he tries to avoid). He's usually somewhat quiet and not very sociable, preferring in his spare time to stay away from others and read or organize things.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:46 pm

yay OCD assassin! Is it really sad that I just saw this???

Also, lolz. My assassin names are blaaaah, so its whatever. lol You should google...birds of prey! lolol I dont know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Return to the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to the Rift   Return to the Rift Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return to the Rift
Page 1 of 1