The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

God: Nonexistant...?

Go down 
+4
Conway
Savfantasy
Common Nonsense
Psycho
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Well, in billions of years, and so many more generations, they've gotta happen eventually. And more will continue to happen.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Maybe. Or, maybe not, because God want's us to be the only one's in his image. There's really no proving or disproving this point. I know I'm the one that brought it up, but can we go on to a new topic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Alright, I figured it wasn't LaVeyan Satanism. That's what I'm familiar with. No idea about the Egyptian Satanism. Wonder if they worship Set at all... he's not really a bad guy, honestly, but he's pretty "Satanic" in the common sense of the word, IIRC. Egyptian mythology is fascinating but I'm not at all on speaking terms with their deities yet. Or the Norse or the Irish Celtic or anything like that. To be honest I'm not sure if I want to be, the Morrigaine scares the living daylights out of me. Although I suppose that's the whole point.

I believe in a higher power, a Divine Force, because I feel it every day. I see it in plants and animals and architecture. Sit in a crowded room and listen to the hum of voices and you can feel the undercurrents of their energy. I believe in divinity because I believe there is more to life than survival, and that there is more to humanity than cells. I believe in an overarching power that transcends our reality.

And I believe that gods are whatever you think they are, from Isis to Lakshmi to the Virgin Mary (who is not technically a goddess but she is divine). God, perhaps, does not exist for you. But energy is still there. Divinity is still there, in whatever guise it takes for you. You may not believe in divinity, but have you yet asked... does it believe in you?

By the way, I still say Song of Solomon is a beautiful piece of love poetry and elegantly written.

So nyeah.
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

Location : Your Mind, Your Heart, Your Soul. Infecting You - Cell, By Cell.

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 pm

A new topic?

How about...

Eating plastic is bad for you.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:03 pm

xD You're silly, Psycho
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:03 pm

As long as you're all smiling as much as I am, then it's all good....
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

God should've made plastic edible.

It looks so tasty sometimes. >_>

You can't make something that colorful and make it that bad. It's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:04 pm

I eat rubber. Smile
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:05 pm

xD

That's not healthy, dear.
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Gandalf the hoary old wizard isn't healthy either. That's why he shaved off his hair, went into the future, and got a wheelchair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Psycho wrote:
Gandalf the hoary old wizard isn't healthy either. That's why he shaved off his hair, went into the future, and got a wheelchair.

You realize that's the wrong guy, right?
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:10 pm

All old people are the same people. Razz
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:11 pm

lol.

Good night, you guys. We can pick this up later, if you want. Or not. -shrug-
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:12 pm

I think not...

Let's just all have cake and share a bed and watch late-night movies with Jason Statham in it. .. ... that's the world I wanna live in.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 pm

mmm. That sounds nice. x3
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Sounds like a wonderful world.

I want cake now.
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:20 pm

Well, that's three of us who are having cake in bed with movies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Why have cake when you can have pie?
Back to top Go down
Conway
Conway

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm

I would have ice cream instead.
Back to top Go down
Senpai
Hatchling
Hatchling
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:47 pm

I just made sugar cookies. Beat that :3
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Psycho wrote:

3. Just read the bible. Seriously, it reads like it was written by a dying giraffe with bad Asperger's.

I honestly don't care wether there is a god or not but I am hurt. I have aspergers and we don't write like idiots, And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Syl has it too.

Please next time you go to write something like that think it over first because if I see a post with a direct insult to AS suffers, Which you cannot deny that is even if not deliberate. It will become you first warning.
((This goes to all))

Sorry for that rant-ish thing but I am hurt by that comment.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Okay, you guys, I need to put some ground rules here.

This thread can be very hurtful. Please watch what you say or there can be consequences. I was iffy of keeping this up, but I did. All I ask is that you think before you speak in this thread. A nice discussion is fine, but don't jab at people or things like the Bible and stuff like that. They can be hurtful. I have started to get complaints. If this continues, I will have to lock this thread and punish the one who makes the next mean comment. I don't mean to be mean to anyone, but I don't want people getting their feelings hurt like Liam just did.

From this point forward, a new slate has been created. No one can complain about what has been said on previous pages. Only what is on the posts after this.
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 am

I'm just going to imput my veiw.
As you all know, Savvy is my sister, therefore we share our religion.
I don't know much about other religions, only christian/prodestant.
On the topic of God popping down here to remove all doubts:
In the bible, it says many times that people are to fear God.
In Exodus, God says to Moses : "Do not let the people break through the boundries. If they do, they will die."
Perhaps God's presence is too much for us to handle as mortals.
And nowhere that I know of does the bible say that we will physically see God with our eyes, even when we die and go to heaven. Perhaps it's just too much for us, dead or alive.
Also, the bible says all respectable women are to be God-fearing.
Nowadays it's become more like God-endearing.
So God has become less fearsome in the public eye, which goes against the bible.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:52 am

I didn't know you were Savvy's sister. Shocked

Yes I have heard a few things about how a gods form is too much for a mortal spirit to witness.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:35 pm

The way I see it, God isn't a man, a woman, or anything. We aren't supposed to know, and I believe him to be an energy, an entity maybe. I may be Christian, but I do like the way the Muslim religion makes everyone faceless. It allows for a person to create an image for themselves to worship so the entity is different for each person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God: Nonexistant...?   God: Nonexistant...? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God: Nonexistant...?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Gossips and chat-
Jump to: