The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Hello Everyone :3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
M1SS Rose
Hatchling
Hatchling
M1SS Rose

Hello Everyone :3 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Um... so I was just searching around because I didn't have anything to do and I found this site... so... er... how exactly does it work :3? I mean I don't get what's with the Sconosciuto and all that and then the role playing section down at the bottom o_o;. Can someone please explain X3?
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Welcome to the path XD

The Sconosciuto is the Multiverse we have (which was actually just finished from a major revamp we recently did)

The Roleplaying section is for other individual roleplays and one-on-one roleplays

I hope you stay a while and have fun here +P we're getting more active and I believe we have a back to school contest open.

I'm Dr Random, and the most recent admin here +P

I hope you enjoy the path +P
(read the rules and all that stuff XD)
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 pm

No problemo! (I see Random said some of the same stuff, but oh well!)

So, the Sconosciuto Multiverse is basically just a place for any character to interact. The idea is that it's a realm in between other worlds that people can travel in or out of by the use of portals. I would recommend reading here for more information. Dr. Random put a lot of thought and effort into it, and I'm very proud of the result!

The roleplaying section at the bottom works the same as any other forum. We have three different sections separated by post length. We have options for one-on-one or group rps and we're always open to new ones.

In the middle is the section for the rest of our writing stuff. We have poetry, short stories, journals, or just plain for-fun writing.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you navigate around. And (in case I forgot to say it) welcome!
Back to top Go down
M1SS Rose
Hatchling
Hatchling
M1SS Rose

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:20 pm

oh... er... so How might we join in on the RPs?

And I actually read all of that section already, but it was just a bit confusing ;o
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:23 pm

Well, if you're interested in joining any of the preexisting ones you can contact the members and make sure they're okay with adding you in. Otherwise, you can post ideas you have in the interest check or look at post already there to see if there are any you might like.

As far as the Multiverse, we just got it started, so it'll be evolving as we use it more. For now I would just look at it as a way to experiment with characters outside of their normal storylines. I imagine we'll have individual stories popping up in the Multiverse once it gets started better, but there's nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:25 pm

ahh crap, looks like i forgot something for the multiverse @.@

For newcomers, first make a character here, then either join a topic that someone else started and join them on their quest or make your own topic somewhere and wait for someone to join you

I'll make a guide to this (eventually) that will go under the same place as the rules of the multiverse
Back to top Go down
M1SS Rose
Hatchling
Hatchling
M1SS Rose

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Oh, i see... i think... So will I have to submit characters for review for each RP I join or is there a page dedicated to character submission that I've accidentally skipped over?
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 pm

for the multiverse, characters are stored in the same identification area and can be used as many times as you want. Just be careful not to use the same character in multiple places or else you'll cause a paradox XD
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:30 pm

There's not a lot of formality to it. It's up to the members of the RP if they actually want character sheets or not; that section is just a place to log the ones you've made. I have characters posted that I don't have in any rps yet, but I didn't want to forget them. My longest running RP we never made sheets for the characters; we just learned about them as we went. It's really up to your preference. Smile

Although. . . I guess you need a character sheet for the Multiverse. That's new to me. xD
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:34 pm

Well, in a way the multiverse can also be used as a "storage" for characters if you want. I know I have at least five characters that I'm not exactly planning on flaunting around as too often. The whole idea of identification is to make sure people have an idea what your character looks like, as well as a basic ability of if they are just normal humans or are unique in some way that gives them an edge over (or under) others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone :3   Hello Everyone :3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone :3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Introductions-
Jump to: