The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Scorpius Malfoy and The Crypts of Oz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Scorpius Malfoy and The Crypts of Oz Empty
PostSubject: Scorpius Malfoy and The Crypts of Oz   Scorpius Malfoy and The Crypts of Oz Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:25 pm

"It was at the War for Hogwarts that my life was judged to be an uneasy one. The Dark Lord stood, backed by lines of his loyal wizards in black, surrounded by the wreckage of the school courtyard. Forwards he comes, in grim robes and a murderous glare in the snake-like grin. His grey lips twist into a smile and a laugh rumbles from his mouth.

He calls from the students of Hogwarts that day to cross to his side. Harry Potter had been cut down and now he sought to find new recruits from these pulp-like minds. Shaking, silent and defiant, every one of them stood between the Dark Lord and the school, not moving an inch to be with the Death Eaters. Those brave souls were to take on wizards far in excess of their abilities but live to see another day.

Except my Father.

My Father, my Grandmother and my Grandfather fled. They turned and ran from the bloodshed and the fighting. This was not to be their fight for much longer. I have long since realised that my family made the right choice back then. My Grandfather had tried to play with fire but has been humbled by how it turned his home and family to twisted ashes when it got out of hand. V...*sigh*. Honestly...V...Vol...Ah!

I apologise, I'm not sure why the ghostly tales of my Grandfather forced hospitality towards the Dark Lord still make lurch a lump in my throat whenever I attempt to speak that name. It's stupid of me, of course! Stories told when young stay with you for always better or for worse...

Where was I? Ah! Yes...well. While Potter achieved what many thought impossible at the time, my family fled here, to Whiltshire where they hid until everything blew over.

Now, I know why your here...Yes. Yes, I still have them all. I too would love for the world to hear my tales but the do take a long while to...So, you do have the parchment? I see. Well, we'll have to push that quill of yours to within an inch of it's life, won't we, Miss Skeeter?"
(Taken from the Notes of Willamina Skeeter, Author of The Old Man's Yarns)

Hogwarts has changed tremendously since we last saw it.

Let me put this into perspective. The War for Hogwarts took place in 1998 and the Wizarding world rejoiced at the defeat of Voldemort. At that point, we were all playing on Playstations and fretting about the Y2K bug and how it would bring everything crashing down around us like a toddler shaking the table that had a pyramid made of cards on top. Now, has we move into the 21st century, Hogwarts started getting a new craze of very odd stones arriving here. The Muggle-Born Students were holding them to their ears and talking to them.

Yes. The Mobile Phone had arrived at Hogwarts. Parents have sent their children off with a way of keeping in touch, ignoring the rather more traditional Owl post service. The other students are a little divided on these little plastic devices. As the Muggle world's technology improved, we got a few more minute additions to student life here thanks to the Students that can't quite face leaving their iPhones behind. The late Professor Flitwick placed charms upon the phones of these devices to get over the little problem of there being no electricity in the castle.

Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy is in his second year and he's still being bullied by a group of much older students for almost a year now. He's not having the best of times at school, where even some of Slytherin will pick on him despite being in the same house. The only place where Scorpius can find any peace from the rest of the student body is in the Room of Requirement, if only for so long. The Room of Requirement has long since been in the common knowledge of students so it's possible that students could go in and find Scorpius.

But he attempts to hide in it once again only to find the former room that held the items that needed to be hidden, only to find a room of ashes. In it, there are dunes of grey, half melted metal and charred wood poking out of the dust. Here, Scorpius finds a few bits and bobs, some that are intact that he attempts to use against the bullies.

It's later that he finds something extremely rare in here: The Cyprus Staff.

What do we think?
Back to top Go down

Scorpius Malfoy and The Crypts of Oz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Intermediate :: Interest Check-
Jump to: