The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Isthanar : The Waters of Life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aram'lor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aram'lor

Isthanar : The Waters of Life Empty
PostSubject: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:26 am

It is one of the last RPs I made and the one that forced me to find another place. Instead of doing the simple Copy/Paste technique, I will describe the idea of the RP in a simple(hopefully) way. If you like the idea, I will rewrite it a bit and post it.

The whole RP moves around the mystical Waters falling from an indestructible mountain, called Isthanath. The Waters have four properties that make many countries fight over them. They can prolong life for mortal beings, heal any form of wound, restore a creature's strength and energy, but the most important thing it can do is make a person unnaturally strong and immortal when consumed during a solar eclipse. The only problem with the Waters is that they work only in the vicinity of the mountain. Outside the range of their use, they become simple water, that has the epic ability of quenching your thirst.

Around the lake is a forest, that was shaped, by people with the ability to shape trees, into one of the most powerful, beautiful and important cities in the world, called Arosath. The city is made and protected by a special order, called The Issari. They are people who spent most of their time training in order to become one of the strongest fighters in the known world. Their only duty is to make sure the Waters are free for everyone, even the most evil and vile persons. Nearing every Solar eclipse, the Issari make a special tournament in order to find the people who are worthy to be "enhanced". The Solar Eclipse is the only time the Waters are forbidden, not because of the "enhancing", but because they are poisonous to all, but the strongest of mind and body. This is the basic backstory of the RP. If a person survived the Waters during the Eclipse, they become Issari Elites.

The magic is a bit more complicated, so I will copy it here, cutting down some of the information that will probably sound weird, without the other bits of information I chose not to include.

Magic:

Every creature is born attuned to a certain element, but no matter what he does he cannot control it. After passing his/her fourteenth birthday, the person must travel to a place where the element he is attuned to is strong. There he will be greeted by elemental Spirits. The elemental Spirits are creatures that are a part of a certain element, having control over it. They are extremely curious, but cannot leave their elemental domain. That is where the person comes in. Thanks to his attunement to the element, the Spirit could easily survive if it is close around him. This way a bond is made. The person gains some control over an element and the Spirit can leave his domain. The Spirit can channel their energies through their new "home", making it look like the person uses the magic and not be only a conduit for the Spirit's powers. Within a few years the bond if fully formed and a person can use his element to it's fullest. The Spirit on the other hand gets affected by the person's personality and somewhat changes. Because of this change the way the element can be used is changed.

Most people are born with two element attunements. There is only a somewhat small percent of people born with three elements, but there are no people with only one or more than three elements. When someone with a Spirit dies, the Spirit normally has two days of energy to find a place for him to live. The only exception is an air and earth Spirits. They can take as much time as they need, but after the second day they will be extremely weakened. The Spirits who lost their “Masters” could bond with another person again. Experienced Spirits, as they are called, are considered better than a new Spirit, because after the bond is full, their magic is more varied than the normal ones. Most Spirits after losing their masters and finding a new elemental centre to live in normally choose not to bond again. There are always some exceptions.

The Spirits may choose to fly around the person they are bonded with or remain hidden. They normally glow in the color of their element. The inexperienced Spirits take shape only after the second year. Before that they are a flying ball made of the energies of the element they are a part of. The experienced Spirits, that made a bond with a new master, remain as they were with their previous master until the second year, when they become a combination of what they were and what they should look like if they were Inexperienced. Even if it does not look like it, the Spirits are still made of pure energy and cannot freely touch the world of matter. No matter what the Spirit is, it is always big enough to fit one's palm. No one knows if a Spirit can die in his home, but they normally die if they cannot reach a new home in time.

There are many varieties of Spirits upon this world:

Air Spirits – They are normally found in places where the wind is constantly strong. Their domain is the air. They can help people fly and control the air to a certain extend. Air Spirits can also temporary make their Masters move faster.

Fire Spirits – They are normally found around lava and places that are always very hot. Their domain Is the fire. They can conjure fire, that can be used for many purposes. They can also heat thing easily. They are very important for people who generally live in very cold places. The Fire Spirits can engulf anything the master touches in fire, without it being harmed in any way.

Water Spirits – They are normally found around lakes, rivers and places with a good amount of water. Their domain is the water. They can help people breathe under water and survive the pressure of the water. They can also manipulate the water around them, including the water in the air. The Water Spirits can temporary make the master be a lot more agile.

Earth Spirits – They are normally found in thick forests. Their domain is the flora and the earth. They can manipulate and shape the trees, analyse the earth and with the help of other Earth Spirits, create stone and wood structures, but it would take a week for a lone Spirit to build a simple house. They also help their masters do a limited conversation with animals. They can also shape crystals and metal, but it is normally harder and more straining for the Spirit. They can also make the skin of their masters a lot harder. The people who are attuned to the Earth are called druids.

Swamp Spirits – They are normally found in swamps. Their domain is the water and flora. Unlike their Pure elemental brethren, the Swamp Spirits can control both the plants and water, but in a more limited way. Alchemists and farmers are normally people with Swamp Spirits, for it is important for both professions to maintain and shape the plants they work on. Swamp Spirits can also make plants move around.

Ice Spirits – They are normally found where is it extremely cold. Their domain is mostly the water and some control over the air. The Ice Spirits can freeze water almost instantly. They have almost everything the Water Spirits have, but in a weaker form. They cannot protect a person from the pressure of the water, but can help him breathe under water. Their strength is freezing the water instantly. Ice Spirits can do the same thing as Fire Spirits. They can engulf something with so much cold, it is painful on touch.

Storm Spirits – One of the rarest types of Spirits or elementally attuned people. They are found where there is a lot of electricity flying around. Most of them can be found in thunderstorm clouds or moving to one. Their domain is lightning. A person who is both blessed and cursed to be attuned to the Storm, can create electricity from his body and send it somewhere. It can also be used as a very simple mind reader. When scanning a person, the Storm Spirit can determine if there is something wrong in the body and the emotions the person feels. The Storm Spirits can make a small thunderstorm around them.

Light Spirits – A very interesting breed of Spirits. They are normally found in crystal caves, where even the slightest light makes the whole cave shine. In the past they were very rare, but at one point the druids created a lot of special caves for them to live in. Each crystal cave has a crystal in the centre that can store light and illuminate the cave for months, if there is no direct sun or moonlight to recharge the stone. There two types of Light Spirits: Sunlight Spirits and Moonlight Spirits. They are basically the same, with the only exception of the light they produce and what can they do with the master's body. The Sunlight Spirits produce light that is just like the Sun's light and the Moonlight Spirits – like the Moon's reflected light. The regardless of the type, the Light Spirits can manipulate the light around them. Basically they can create illusions or hide a person. They however cannot make a person completely invisible. Most spies are attuned to the light. Sunlight Spirits can also make their masters body radiate a lot of light. The Moonlight Spirits can "eat" away the light around them, making an area around the master darker.

Dark Spirits – They are normally found in places where no sun has ever shined before, generally in the deepest parts of caves or in the thickest of forests. They are very similar to their Light brethren. Most people mistake Moonlight Spirits for Dark Spirits, but there is one drastic change. The Dark Spirits can disappear in the smallest shadow without a trace and can make a limited illusion. Unlike their Light brethren, they can make a normal adult sized illusion, but it will be a bit blurry. Most Dark users make illusions of either children or women. People who are dark attuned are either assassins or thieves. Both professions require for them to hide in the shadow and then when they strike to disappear again. People might think that a Light attuned person is good for assassins and thieves, but the Light Spirit can only help for a person to blend with his surrounding. A Dark Spirit can completely hide a person if there are enough shadows around. The dark Spirits can also make a person see well in the night.

Both Light and Dark Spirits can sense each other's illusions instantly. They can also see through the invisibility the Dark Spirit can cast upon a person. Other Spirits can also sense them, but it would take time and concentration in order to break through the illusion.

Life Spirits – One of the most mysterious types of Spirits. They are found in many places. Most generally they are found in graveyards, places with a lot of living creatures or holy places. Their domain is the manipulation of the body. They can speed the heal of a person's body, help fight poisons and illnesses and strengthen or weaken a person. If however they are used on a recently dead person, the body can be reanimated to become a mindless servant of the one who brought them back to life. The person will have no mind on it's own. The only think it can do without being ordered it to keep himself alive, like eating, drinking and etc. This is considered a vile act for people think the soul cannot rest unless the body is buried and left to rot in the ground. Most Life attuned people are healers. The few that chose to have mindless servants are called Necromancers and are considered criminals. Life Spirits can preform rapid regeneration for a short amount of time, but only on the person they are bonded to.

This is the minimum I can think of. If you are interested, you can ask me a question or two, but at most I want to see if people like the idea and would join, if I post the RP. Also feel free to critique the idea or suggest a new one.
I almost forgot. The RP starts just after the Tournament to choose who will be an Issari Elite and every character you make has passed the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:53 pm

I like this Idea.

Will there only humans or can there other beings like elves?

I am willing to rp because I have a few character that will work. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Aram'lor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aram'lor

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Every race your mind can think of works. The example for a weird race I normally used was a three-legged insectoid. Smile For a strange reason when I first posted this RP, most people chose to be hybrids of two races. Normally I played a hybrid, but the races were chosen mainly to help with moving the plot further at some point. The only thing I normally ask is a paragraph to describe the race, unless it is something common, like human, elf and dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Alright thank you. ^-^

I mostly play a vampire or a dhampir. My vampires are the mix of Hellsing and Abel Nightroad. I have a vampire character with the last name of Nightroad. Yes, I know I am nerd when it comes to anime and manga. The others will stop by hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:21 pm

I'm likely to turn up with a Kitsune of some kind. I'm trying to decide on details at the moment. Back soon with a proper character.
Back to top Go down
Sky Ash
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sky Ash

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:30 pm

This RP sounds really interesting. If it's okay with you, I'd like to join. I'll probably become a Fire or Dark Spirit.
Back to top Go down
http://erisandsky.blogspot.com letyourmindwander.webs.com rolepl
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:34 am

Hmm. For me you can expect: Humans, Angels, Demons, Half breeds of them. Um.. Warlocks, Chosen/blessed humans... They are my normals.

The chosen and blessed humans are just ramped up humans. Chosen by a god type of thing.
Back to top Go down
Aram'lor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aram'lor

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:38 am

As I said, I do not care that much for races. Just a quick info. I will describe the Angels and Demons of this world, for they will be an important part of the plot in the future. I am now finishing up with the rewriting and will post the RP. I will also give my char sheet as an example. I am glad you like the idea. Smile

The Penguin Lord, Aram'lor, Master of Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isthanar : The Waters of Life   Isthanar : The Waters of Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isthanar : The Waters of Life
Page 1 of 1