The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Unexplainable Change

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Unexplainable Change Empty
PostSubject: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Madric ran down the lane, no other person went the way he did, it went into the bush and away from all the town. Sure it was a longer path but it let him be himself. Out on the road he freaked people out, and people freaked him out. For some reason any time a car went near him it slowed down so he was nearly moving the same speed as it, as it got away from him it would speed up again. True this didn't always happen but when it did he felt like he was being stalked and the people in the cars gave him weird looks.

So full of his own thoughts he tripped on a tree root and rolled up against a tree. He half smiled to himself, he could of sworn he had been moving faster then that. Standing and dusting himself off he looked down the path, in the distance he could see the school, of course this was the year 10s destination.

Moving back into a jog he smiled to himself, he was later then he normally was, how bad would it be to start his birthday off in detention, and no one would get away with being late when it was only the second week of school and a monday at that.

Smiling to himself he watched as the school slowly loom closer to him. He wasn't overly popular but he was generally likes, at the least no one would harass him being his fitness and build. The bell rang and he doubled his pace as he sprinted the final two hundred meters to the school. The first thing he noticed was that all the kids from the private school on the edge of town, he only knew a few of the Bergonder Academy kids but he knew the school had offered him a scholarship in sports which he had nocked back. After all he had worked hard to earn the friends he had here.

It was now he realized what today was. So caught up in his own life he forgot it was the day in which the two schools spend the day being competitive, from chess to wrestling, anything competitive that the two schools wanted to do would be done.

As the two principals walked out of the building he remembered that he was the schools representative for many of the sports. Sighing he walked forward with everyone else, being send around the back of the school where the two schools would be given about an hour to talk as the adults worked out who would verse who and in what things.

Madric leaned against one of the poles which held the shade clothe, he really hoped one certain person would come over and talk to him, other then that he was way too shy to go talk to her. But as a consolation maybe his friends would pop up at some point.
Back to top Go down
Puck_midsummernightsdream
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Alix was late, way late. She had slept in and she had promised the principle that she would be there on time to represent the school for the academic side of the bi-school day. (sorry had no other thought of what she could call it) She grabbed a pancake on her way out of the door, calling goodbye to her family. She knew her twin brother, Jace, would laugh at her for being late but it didn't matter. She sprinted down the street, cursing herself for having busted the front tire of her bike the day before. She knew racing Jace had been a bad idea but he played on her pride and had convinced her to race on the rocky field outside the town. She followed the road, now cutting corners across the road to get there faster. She just managed to make it into the school as the bell rang.

She muttered a soft curse of frustration and ran to the back of the school, where everyone was waiting for the teachers to decide everything. Puffing and breathless, Alix leaned against the wall of a building, breathing deeply. She sank to the ground, sitting on a stump towards the front of the group. A small cat strolled up to her, mewing softly. She petted him gently, feeling as content as the cat himself. She suddenly had a thought. Today was monday. Second week of school. Luckily they hadn't done a roll call yet. Still, she felt guilty for sleeping in. She ran a hand through her brown hair, smiling as a few of the girls said hello, but not really paying attention to them. She looked across the field to see Madric. She noticed that no one seemed to be talking to him. Feeling suddenly confident she gave the cat one final stroke and walked over to him, weaving between the people. She approached the boy, the cat following her and rubbing up against her legs, causing her to trip. She ended up at Madric's feet.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 am

"The chocolate bar is sure to melt under all this sun" Dad said as he pulled up the blinds to look out on the sun. "I hope this Marik likes hot gloop."
"I'll have to keep it cool somehow. Can I use the ice box?" Marvin asked, watching his Father open up the contact lenses.
"Your going to lug that thing around? I'd understand if it was a girl or-"
"What about ice?!" The little lens popped out, Dad stretching his eyelids as far as they will go.
"Maybe if you put it in little bags, I guess." One....is in. Blink, blink, blink. Three big blinks and its in properly he finds. Stretch as far as he can and two is in. Blink, blink, blink. Now that he can see clearly, he can clearly see his son has vanished. And left the fridge door open...

Bobbing and weaving through all the people, with a bag of ice and chocolate got a few laughs and confused looks. All went away when he explained what he was doing. He got an 'Awww' at one point. The little kid was seen as a puppy most of the time. It worked well for him actually. No-one wants to his a puppy.
"Madric!" He calls, as he, out of breath, rushes around the back of the school as the bell rings.

Stopping to hesitate, he decides he can go and deliver the present first before he's needed.
"Madric!" Finally, he spots him and stops to a stop in front of him, beaming with the damp bag. "Happy Birthday!" The bag is thrust towards Madric who's paying more attention to the girl on the ground in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Tally was standing amidst a crowd of her private school friends, her hands crossed across her chest in a bored manner. She didn't really want to be here, but because her school was competing with the other, and she was the best dancer in her school, here she was. She would have been forced to go anyway, but still. It was so unfair.

Tally ran a hand through her long red hair, readjusting its place in a messy loose ponytail. Bits of red hair fell into her eyes temptingly, and she let it stay there. She thought it looked good, and the least she could do was make sure that she was noticed among her group of friends. That was something Tally definitely liked, to be seen.

Her dark eyes followed a few standout figures in the crowd, among them was Madric, who was leaning against a shade and who she knew vaguely through competitions, and a much smaller young boy carrying what appeared to be chocolate and...ice. After a few minutes of solid staring, Tally separated from her group, telling them she would be back shortly and began to make her way through the crowd toward Madric. At least she could say hi, she knew him well enough, and anyway she was far to curious for her own good.

Once she made it through the crowd, she hesitated, hanging back for a minute as a girl approached Madric, appearing to be followed by a cat. A cat who made her trip and fall flat on the ground. Tally couldn't help it, a laugh escaped her lips loudly as she watched her, and she didn't make much of an effort to stifle the sound either.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:09 am

(The Doc will find a way in, I can't wait any longer!)

Madric turned his head around just as he noticed Alix trip. After it was done he would take it for a simple adrenaline surge. Everything seemed to slow for him as he jumped forward catching one of her shoulders and using it to flip her so he could brace her back with his other hand. His biceps was sticking out from under his shirt as he held her, his free hand went through his extremely short hair.

For a second he stood their before everything picked up again, he frowned at the sound of someone laughing and helped Alix to her feat. He would of been visibly blushing if it was not for his dark skin. He stood straight and let go of Alix once she was up. He turns to see Marvin holding out a bag with ice and a chocolate bar in it, he frowned before he remembered it was his birthday and so he swooped. He picked up Marvin and held him so they were at the same height "Thanks mate!" He said cheerfully before giving him a small hug.

Once he had gotten the chocolate out of the bag he broke a bit off and gave it to Marvin before turning and doing the same for Alix. Finally he turned to see who had been laughing.
He leaned back against the pole, the chocolate now in his pocket he looked up to see Tally. He smiled "Ah, Miss posh, aka Tally McDaniels. Of course you would find tripping funny. Why I remember the day when we all laughed when you mistook the 'Dance of two swans' for the 'Dance of tripping swans'!" He smiled as he chuckled to himself, he new she would hate that. The first year she had been at school, It had been the same type of day as it was today. She had been talking about her dancing and later in her contest she lost her balance for a second. Of course it was only a mild trip, but as in any school situation no one would let her live it down. He smiled to show her he was just joking around before he closed his eyes and laid his head on the pole as well.
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:52 am

Alix straightened up hastily, blushing deeply which made her tanned skin go a deep and soft crimson colour. She heard a girl's laugh and was hurt deeply. She turned to the girl, a girl with red hair. She was extremely pretty in Alix's point of view. But then again, Alix thought that everyone was prettier than her. Still, she didn't take kindly to being laughed at because she fell over. She walked over to her.
"Is something funny?" She demanded, just as her brother Jace appeared in the crowd. He noticed his sister, took in the dishevelled looks about her, the slight layer of dust covering her clothing and the angry look in her eyes. He also recognised the girl as Tally mcdaniels, their local dancer. He rushed over and touched Alix's arm gently.
"Ali, woah girl. Calm down. I'm sure that everything is just a misunderstanding." he looked pointedly at his sister, letting her know that this was a girl that he had his eye on and didn't want his chances ruined because of his twin sister. Alix was about to argue with him but instead let out an angry hiss of air and decided to go back to her solitude. Damn that cat.
Turning to Madric she said, "thanks." She walked off, feeling hurt and embarrassed, the tabby cat following her with it's tail in the air.

Jace turned to Tally.
"I'm sorry about that, Alix can be a little sensitive sometimes. I'm sure she'll get over it after a while." He said with a crooked smile. he turned to madric and slapped him on the back in a friendly manner.
"Mate! happy birthday!" then, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "Nice save man, keep trying and you'll win her affections. She's not impervious." He said, shooting him a sly grin again.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:38 am

(Sorry this is going to be really short. Sorry to have neglected this thread for so long too.)

Taking the chocolate, the little rounded face grinned. He took a quick bite out of the chunk before effectively backing off. He span with increased steps to head straight for the school building and his classes. Which he was currently late to the tune of , what, five minutes? Mr Hethelson is going to be cross.

The legs on the small boy gave an extra spurt to his already mad dash towards the doors of the building.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:31 am

((I guess this is dead.))
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:44 pm

((I wish it hadn't died. it was really cool.. maybe continue in a private rp??? cos I'm still interested in it))
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:11 pm

((Okay, I'll leave that option open for a couple of days for anyone who wants to continue in a private roleplay, or if everyone still wants to keep going we will.))
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:11 pm

((I would like to see us try and pick this back up again. I thought it was an interesting premise.))
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:00 pm

((well i'm still game to continue in a private roleplay. its awesome, but if you get it living again I'll keep posting))
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:55 am

((Tyro also said he would join again. Night if you would be so kind as to start us going again, since we are all here.))
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 pm

((Sure Sure...will try and get it up tomorrow.))
Back to top Go down
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 pm

(Yay!!! can't wait!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Change   Unexplainable Change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexplainable Change
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: The End :: Inactive :: Intermediate-
Jump to: