The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The Glass Less Traveled Tavern

Go down 
+3
Tyro
Savfantasy
Thepsycoman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Empty
PostSubject: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:08 pm

The area around you is that of a simple stone road, looking at it you would not be able to tell which century it is from. It looks like on giant bit of rock but at the same time it doesn't, you cant place where it is, what culture made it or from what time it is from. This is because it simply is, it is not of your dimension, these are the crossroads of the worlds, and sitting on this straight road in the middle of a forest, is The Glass Less Traveled.

You are in a world which is where all worlds combine, everything to ever exist can exist here. This is the place which connects all worlds. Welcome to Sconosciuto. (Unknown in Italian.)

The bar itself is made of red cedar of the oldest and deepest red. The glass is tinted light green and the building is two stories high.
It has several basements and many a rumor of secret passages in the old building.
The building is blessed by the Gods to regenerate every twelve hours. So if you break a window or a table, don't worry it wont last long.

As you walk in the door you will notice that only the most expensive woods have been used to make the furniture, there is a fire in the corner and the bar is huge. Behind it are many bottles of alcohol. Wine, beer, vodka and whiskey just to name a few. Unfortunately the beverages (Which are not all alcoholic.) are not replenished freely by the gods, so that means you need to pay.

Overall the bar has any drink or food you can think of. Toilets are just off from where the fire glows. The bar takes up one wall. A small stage takes up the remaining corner while the free portions of the free walls are taken up by booths. Tables and chairs are spread out through the middle of the tavern. The bar has barstools along it as well.

(If you have any problems just PM me and I will see what we can do about it!)

Last edited by Thepsycoman on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Restarting the Bar)
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Diana strolled confidently through the bright doorway that led to Sconosciuto. She took a deep breath as she passed through, feeling the familiar chillness that accompanied travel to the strange realm. She stepped carefully onto the crisp green grass on the other side and took a deep breath. As always, the place was buzzing with energy from the endless number of worlds that were connected to it. Just to her right was The Glass Less Traveled, a tavern that she was particularly fond of. Her mirage spell had melted away when she passed through the portal, leaving her in her true form. Deception was difficult here in Sconosciuto. She entered the bar, taking a few seconds to look around her. The customers were different each time she came and she always loved analyzing the different species and races that could be found here. There were some present that seemed impossible in design while others seemed similar enough to herself that she wondered if they were from the same world. Asking where a person was from however, would be considered rude.
She sat down at the bar and smiled at the barkeep.

"Get me a Crime of Passion," she ordered with a seductive smile. She twisted a strand of silvery hair around her finger as she waited for her order. As she did so she spun around her bar stool and continued to observe the foreign people around her.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 am

A new face wonders in, clutching a large metal object in one hand and holding the door open as he scans the area with the other.

This wasn't the Multiversal Cafe but it'll probably do.

The young man wonders in and towards the bar. His dark brown hair should be black by all rights. It's fringe threatens to cover up the deep-set eyes with the death-like black marks underneath. The long hair runs down the length of his neck and into the collar of his black shirt. It was as clearly as dirty as the white T-shirt with black hems underneath. The jeans this young man wore seemed to hold the worst atrocities. Years of layers dirt, mud, grass and various types of what resembled bile collects around the end of the leg then splatters up the sides. It's noticeable that he's not wearing any shoes, instead choosing to walk in long bare feet. The man was tall but more noticeable was the large badge hanging from his shirt saying "Birthday Boy!". He rests the metal item against the bar as he gets onto a stool with slightly more care than any human should. He starts scanning the blackboards behind the bar.
"Err...Can I get a cider?" He said, waving at the bar tender. The man has his chosen beverage slid towards him and is caught in his hand.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Remembering his experience with portals of any kind, Tony pulled energy around himself to act as a telepathic filter to prevent himself from the inevitable assault of thoughts and emotions that always pester him when he's in a crowd. Not knowing what to expect is the hardest part, so better to be prepared than not. Following this logic, Tony walked through the portal and began quickly and accurately taking in his surroundings.

A simple open field, with a simple building in front of him that seemed similar to what he would imagine an old fashioned tavern to look like years ago. Knowing that it couldn't be possible for such a place to exist in reality as he knew it, Tony began focusing on seeing with his third eye and probed the energy around him. Shuddering from the instant overload caused by the energy probe, Tony realized that this place was a nexus of sorts for different universes. Knowing this could mean all sorts of danger, He added extra layers to his shielding to account for any stray energetic malfunction that would end up hurting him.

Realizing that on this plane, his abilities were a lot easier to manifest, Tony set off for the bar. Walking in for the first time, he realized the place was rather popular. A sure sign that random scanning would land his ass in trouble, Tony decided to walk up to the bar and order a simple tea. Picking up his order normally to make sure nobody thought he was any different that most, Tony began to sip and relax. Noticing the two other people at the bad, Tony nodded in recognition. Not really sure if they spoke the same language, but too cautious of angering one lest they power through his shields.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Diana finished her sweep of the bar, feeling sadly underwhelmed. She had met with several fantastic beings from other worlds here, but tonight the place seemed to be fairly mild. She casually brushed her long hair over her shoulder with a sigh and took a sip of her drink. Oh well. She didn't need a hottie every time. Sometimes it was more fun to go after the . . . eccentric individuals. There was never a shortage of those, luckily. The man sitting next to her was the definition of the word. She gave him her best smile and let it carry over to the man beside him as well. She had returned his nod when he entered, although she didn't remember seeing him before.

"So, boys, what brings you out to this corner of the multiverse?" she asked with a seductive smile.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Turning to see if he was the one being addressed, Tony seemed startled to have not noticed the appearance of the the woman sitting next to him. Embarrassed that he may have offended the woman, Tony awkwardly blurted out "Traveling." and slunk down to his drink feeling like a social failure. Knowing that he seemed like a total social outcast, but knowing there was nothing he could do about it, Tony sipped his tea and tried his best at trying to avoid glancing over at her.

Knowing it was futile while in the state he was in, Tony took a deep breath and ran a quick scan over the woman. Startled at his findings, Tony ran another scan to reassure himself. After all, its not every day you meet a succubus, let alone one that's hitting on you when your a bit nerdy looking. Erring on the side of caution that kept him safe more often than not, Tony would strengthen his shield to make sure that it had a full -two way- empathetic net. From what he remembered when reading up on succubi, they fed off pleasurable emotions, and he didn't want to get drained. Thinking to himself that it would be especially dangerous considering his natural psychic tendencies, he began to slowly relax knowing he could make it through this encounter alive. 'Or at least without too much of a burnout', he corrected himself remembering he had only skimmed the book.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:43 pm

"That goes for me too, actually." said the man behind Tony.

He fishes in his pocket for a second to remove a few gold coins and dropped them into the looming bar tender's hand. Once his cider had been paid for, he takes another couple of gulps before setting it down. The young man leans forwards, propping himself up on his elbows to look around Tony towards Diana. He grabs the badge on his shirt, showing her the bright colours and words.

"But I came in here for a Birthday pint." he adds, giving a warm grin. You can just spot white hairs on the bridge of his nose.

While the ginger appeared to sweat profusely and mutter, this woman seemed...actually, seemed like she was looking for someone. Looking for a 'roll around in the hey' sort of partner judging by the shirt and the demeanour or maybe she's just having a night out with the girls? Pretending to understand the situation was frankly pointless...

He was likely to just babble on and on and ruddy on or mention 'kids' or paws or miss something and she'd go for 'the gift to women' over here.

"Yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:42 am

"Well," Diana responded slowly. As she replied, she stretched her long arms behind her back, arching in a way that generously pushed her assets against her already tight shirt. "I guess you could call me a regular. This place is great for meeting new people." She looked around them once more, motioning to the various races and species that occupied the lounge. "Whatever else people say about me, I love variety." She smiled, taking a small sip of her drink.

"So, a couple of traveling boys, hmm? Are you looking for something in particular, or is it a sort of 'searching for yourself' kind of thing?" She nodded towards the strange man's brightly colored badge. "Happy Birthday, by the way," she said with a wink.

As she waited for their responses she continued to look them over. She wasn't shy about the way her eyes traveled over their bodies, assessing their strengths and weaknesses alike. Whatever she had expected tonight, they were certainly different. The thought made her smile. She loved different. Her eyes rested on the nerdy looking man closest to her. She was sensing something strange from him, but she couldn't quite place it.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Look at her face, look at her face. Keep eye contact and be polite.

"Thanks. I forget how old I am though."
He takes another drink from the pint glass and attempts to make sure that his eye-line doesn't droop.

"Anyway, I don't do that wishy-washy twaddle." He said, waving a hand as though dispelling the notion physically, like it was just buzzing around in the air. "I'm...freelance."

He takes another drink of his cider: "I get to see quite a few new places. It's a good job for me, I rarely stay put." He goes to reach for the glass again only to spot something off about his hand. The back of his palm had grown a short layer of black fur. He inspects it, tutting.

"I knew I was a lightweight but I didn't think I was this bad."
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Alan and Bella walk into the tavern.
While Bella does not look all that happy she smiles a little seeing that the place is somewhat busy. She turns and walks upstairs without giving a second look to anyone.

On the other hand Alan's eyes instantly trained on the succubus. He always did have a seemingly extra sense for picking them up. Although there had been an incident or two when he had mistaken particularly beautiful and flirty humans for one. Well needless to say that had ended badly.

As it was he couldn't control himself. Instantly he was sliding in to stool next to her. Already having positioned it so he could address the two males while being next to the succubus.
His knuckles rapped on the bar top lightly and the bartender, used to Alan and his flirtatious ways took the large gold coin he has left on the bar and gave everyone a second drink.
"Why hello, sorry to intrude. I simply can't help myself, I see an interesting gathering such as this and I just have to meet everyone." He turned to face the woman, giving her his most handsome smile. "Well miss, you certainly do have a draw factor as well. What was a man to do?"
He took a sip of the heavily spiced and chilled wine he favoured "My name is Alan, it's a pleasure to meet you all."
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Tony had been so focused on his shields, he had hardly noticed the two new people come in, let alone that the succubus had even attempted to continue a conversation. He only really noticed anything when the bartender slid a second tea toward him, hearing that someone had bought him another round despite not finishing his first glass.

Turning to see what was new, he noticed the two and did a quick scan to assure himself that he was in no imminent danger. The woman in the back seemed generally angry about . . . something . . . he couldn't quite pick it up from a simple scan. He did however note the possibility that the other man was going out with her, and seeing as how he was now positioned flirting with the succubus he had every right to consider that a truth.

There was also something off about the man, a discontinuity of some sort. It seemed as if this man was currently in two places at once. Laying his head on the table and pushing his drinks aside, Tony tried to see the second location of this man.

Focusing his third eye to the location, he could see this man and what looked like a robed drunkard talking. It was always difficult to say, as he had not practiced using this skill in so long. Sitting up after doing this, he had noticed some time had passed and wondered how long he had been out. it couldn't have been very long, but he could tell his teas were a slightly different temperature. Suddenly he wasn't so sure if that was this reality, as he has had similar situations happen to him before.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Roselina walk into a fairly busy bar wearing a simple black dress with a white gold cross and locket on the same chain around her neck. Her small beaded bag in the color of the darkest indigo blue holds her blessed guns and her gloves for her to weld them. The redhead hair is softly put up in a loose bun, that loose curls that didn't make into the bun frame her pale face. She slowly walks up to the bar to order something to drink.

It been awhile since this young woman been in a bar since that night many years ago. That is why she keeps her guns with her at all times. Her green eyes look at all the people talking and dancing their blues away.
Back to top Go down
Prince600
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I am very excited that you have a lot of information about that topic,I have been reading your post last few minutes and very excited.Thanks to you for sharing that information and i hope that you will share the information in future about the travelling.
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Subject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Loud noises in a bar were to be expected, so when a large CONK! was heard no one bothered to look.

How ever, when that CONK! started to repeat, with what sounded like a young man struggling while underwater following it, the eyes of the bar slowly turned to the disturbance.

'He' stood at about three feet, had a baby blue completion, a thick gold band around his neck, adorned with a simple gold leaf pattern. With every hop he took, there was a grunt, water poured over his lip, and when he hit the ground on his single foot there was that CONK!

Truly it is a strange day in the bar when a vase bounces up to the counter.

After finally struggling up on to a seat, it sat for a moment. Then the water inside started to gush out a bit then...SPOOSH! it spat out water and several gold coins.

Turning to the bartender, with an odd ring to his voice he said, "Hello my dear good Sir, please serve me, and my fellow comrades for the evening, a drink! I myself would like a drop of plain milk at the moment."

He spied the woman who just entered before him, "She especially needs some nourishment." Turning back he said, "Please merely refer to me as Aquarius."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Glass Less Traveled Tavern    The Glass Less Traveled Tavern  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Glass Less Traveled Tavern
Page 1 of 1