The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Empty
PostSubject: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm

I had this idea for a really odd kind of role-play. It might work best with Stock characters or characters that have been used repeatedly before but not all of us has one of those...It shouldn't matter either way. The role-play in my head centres around characters dealing with massive changes to who they are, increasing in bizarreness and complexity of change to the character. All of them artificially changed and meddled with. How about I hit you with the opening post and we'll see what you think.

Its quite possible we have an actual Mad Scientist and he's an angry son-of-a-bitch.

Milo Von Damm had become obsessive with trying to fix peoples lives. Tirelessly, he would listen for hours about what people hated about themselves. It might have been OK if he'd gone for just the physical but mental and even the peoples very backgrounds became an area of attempted 'fixing'. He would offer cosmetic surgery for free to those that talked with him. Many died after staying under aesthetic for too long as he failed to craft what he thought of as perfect with their flesh. Some how, he avoided police and investigation. Assuming a new name, just in case, he thought he'd make his misguided genius do something more focused than just cosmetic surgery. Built mostly from scrap, stolen cars and old medical tools; he built several horrible machines twisted intention.

"The history lesson is fascinating but I don't understand what it has to do with us?" Pads made dull thuds as they stormed in front of the prisoners. The occasional sweep of black, white-tipped brushes on the cool floor.
"Sarcasm and a no hint of picking up where I'm leading. Rather stupid, aren't we?" He said without actually looking towards his captives. Its an intimidation thing...
"Be quiet! Our top men have been alerted! They will hunt you down within the hour. You cannot get away with this." The squat, red-faced man looked like he'd blow his top. His large cheeks wobbled as he shock his head.
"No. The correct answer is 'Yes, we are, My Lord'." His flat tone showed his distaste. They all passed through sliding glass doors. The prisoners were made to halt before the mangled majesty of four maddeningly complicated-looking machines. Axels, pistons, gear levers, wheel hubs, metal scraps all sat in awkward juxtaposition with brand new, just blown glass domes or tubes with state-of-the-art terminals. They chimed together in random melodies as his men continued to check, tinker and maintain these bizarre machines.
"What in all of creation are these?" Piped up the self-appointed leader of the captives. At least we was still up to talking. He thought it was stupidity or bravery coming through. Its a fine line.

"Von Damm's greatest works. Each machine is a way of changing oneself." His metal plated hand gestures towards the machine to his left. "His first machine that was intended to revolutionise sex change operations. It is a marvel of engineering and your modern surgery techniques. It is part robotic surgeon, part Deity as it carves and remakes your body a-new."

The hand moves to in front of him to what looks like the worlds most frightening dentist chair.

"Von Damm's attempt at curing personality traits the owners found unsavoury, ladies and gentlemen. A Neural mechanic that can isolate the part of your tiny little psyches and remove it. Forgetfulness, Jealousy, Wrathfulness, Sloth can all be pulled out of your little heads, never to be worried about again. We can even put traits back. New ones that we might find useful, like Wrathfulness, Obedience, Depression, Insomnia, Paranoia or even another personality altogether. "

Now the hand moves towards the third machine to his left, a simple bell like jar with complicated electronics below.

"This one is probably the least interesting of the lot but still seems to come in handy. It was an initial attempt to make the final machine we will be putting two lucky boys and girls into." A quick flash of those immaculate teeth to his prisoners. "Its like a blender for physical traits. You step in with a friend and things that you have, like maybe hight, and things about her, like maybe her hair colour, mix round in the genetic pot until nicely even. It makes some very interesting results. But, the least interesting. Not like..."

The lead up was filled but him practically skipping towards the final machine. Three tubes, one with a console inside with a constantly throbbing grill, pumping energy round the pipes of the machine like a heart within a heath. He beams at his captives.

"This! This is a machine that will surgically transplant your time-line to someone else while placing you in there's. One past is replaced slowly with another, causing simple ripples though your own time-line. Sometimes nothing major happens but you need the right pair, or so I'm told. This hasn't been tested yet. I'm sure you'll help. It was sold as a way of making an alternate universe. Von Damm offered pittance for such a device.

"Your, your 'toy' don't scare us!" The short, fat one was getting to be rather good fun. He put up a little fight at least.

"Maybe my toys will when we send you through the first of my machines and stop it halfway."

As you can tell, it is a little unhinged but it comes with the villain I intend to play. The Location is not only in an intended Multiverse setting (So, any character may be put forwards) but its a highly developed, technologically advanced place. Its got foreign soldiers bullying people into order and hording food, wealth and weapons. Reasons for wanting to help either side are up to you. I was also thinking of having possible war happening with other, near by places.

Ideas are welcome. Please show your interest for my madness!
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Okay, so magic is off limits I'm guessing... Well I guess it would be no fun if the twins kill the bad guy as soon as he tries to catch them...

Anyway, looks cool and I am interested.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:36 am

No, Magic is within limits. It's just that its not a terrestrial force. By that I mean, its rarely practised in this place by the local people. If you come from some other place then its fine. I like to set things in a Multiverse, after all.

Thanks for the support.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:01 am

Okay, well I might use James or Rhiana for this... The twins would be a bit much.... Yeah I think James and Denity could be changed a bit for this roleplay and work well..
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:09 am

A character with past is useful.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah.... Maybe Rhiana then... The twins would not be right for this roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:53 pm

This seems very cool. This will work if everyone writes it very well and not get lost.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Agreed. It is a bonkers way of presenting this premise...Hopefully, we can keep this on the right track.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 pm

We can keep on track with a lot of work. I think that you got your premise thru. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Hurrar!
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Hurrah for really random roleplays!
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Hurrah for role-plays designed to warp established norms!
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 pm

^-^ I 2nd that motion. This can be a great rp for writers; who want write for their characters.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 pm

That's the plan. I'll make an OCC soon.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys   Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Orientated Role-play: Four Fabulous Toys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Intermediate :: Interest Check-
Jump to: