The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Wishes do come true.

Go down 
+3
Tyro
Common Nonsense
Thepsycoman
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Wishes do come true. Empty
PostSubject: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Okay so basically it will be a teen roleplay (Not sure if I will cut it of at 15 or 16) and it will be based around a book called Gone.

In this basically everyone over 14 disappears (Over 15 if we go for the 16 cut off.) and they are left alone in this new world of theirs, cut off from the outside world by some weird barrier.

The barrier has in its center point the nuclear power plant which had been damaged a decade or two back.

After a while some people will start to undergo changes wether it be physical or powerful. They could grow fur and animalistic characteristics *Cough, cough* or they could as in the book have the power to shoot condensed and superheated light out of their palms.

As for a plot.... The main thing would be finding a into the outside world and maybe we will connect this to the power plant... If not we could make it an alien type thing.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Hmm . . . I am rather fond of this idea. Sounds like something I could use Devon for again as her teenage self. :B I have nothing to add to the plot, however.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Nice way of including me in all this. I'd prefer to use Tyro unchanged but I'm not sure if I can so I'll have to make this one non-cannon. At least slowly turning into a Kitsune ought ought be fun. I'll add more than one character.

Maybe some sort of experiment instead. Probably aliens but it would be a good idea to have them treat the Humans as basically cattle. This little plot of land around a Reactor in France with perfectly intact buildings. Complete with furniture inside. Just no adults, at all. Every so often, a few are taken away and put back, sometimes with changes....

I have aliens that look like a cross between Mewtwo and the Xenomorph from Alien in my head.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm

I don't wanna say aliens because I just think that's a bit silly, myself. But perhaps, if going off Tyro's idea, something with a group of scientists, working behind the government's back, carrying out things like this?
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Yup! Just as good. And possibly less stupid. I have got Aliens playing in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 pm

It could be a experiment on mutation by these scientists that goes wrong. We need some reason or another for the adults to disappear... Or we could leave this as the weird unexplainable bit. I like the unexplainable idea.

On the other hand Tyro you could start off as an animal with Tyro and have him turn more human? Or Kitsune.

We will set up the setting as we go. I think Aus would be an awesome place to create it....
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Adults are too developed and the scientists want to see the effects on growing human bodies. Therefore, teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Two things:

1. So like, the experiments concerning him try to cure Tyro's abnormalities? Or continue them. Or are you suggesting Tyro is evolved from one of the local creatures? Hmmm....I'm not sure...

2. By 'Aus', did you mean 'Oz' as in Australia? Or Austria?
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Sounds like a good time for me to try and use Mav for the first time, and as soon as am done with some stuff ima reply on a bunch of stuff
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:22 pm

So, I'm a little bit intrigued by this. But I must admit, you guys are confusing me a bit.

What type of experiments/mutations are we talking about here? Because I do love a good mutation roleplay if it's..you know, the kind I like. lol
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Ok quick question I thought of late . . . can the mutation be a psycho-active mutation instead of a psychical one? For Mav he has the ability to control sound waves, thus manipulating music and turning it into one of my favorite weapons ever XD

fun to listen to AND kills idiots who try to take your stuff, what else could a music person want in a weapon?
Back to top Go down
Yabo no Ningyo
Hatchling
Hatchling
Yabo no Ningyo

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Nyeh, the idea sounds very interesting and plus xD i haven't done anything for the past days. . . . . so why not? I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:04 am

Okay.

Syl, I want it to start like a RL roleplay with our characters at school. They will be going through the day and all of a sudden everyone over 14 disappears.

Tyro:

1. No its more like they are doing illegal experiments on nuclear radiation on the town and something goes wrong. This will cause rapid mutation and evolution.

2. Yeah, Australia.

Night: Okay the experiments are illegal and consist of nuclear radiation and mutation testing. Something goes wrong, and it creates this weird energy dome around the town with at the center of it being the power plant. From there people will start gaining really weird powers wether it be turning into a monster looking thing... Or a kitsune if thats more your style. Or they could gains powers like super speed and being able to us radiation (Microwave type) out of their hands.

((Note most powers that are not physical will need to be directed through the palm area.))

Doc: ^ Read the thing I said to Night... It should explain.

Yabo: I cant see any reason for you not to join.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:34 am

1. Aye, aye!

2. Bonza!
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:28 am

I love this idea. I want to use my oc Lilly with shadow powers. Like controling the shadows around her and make them into anything she wants. I really need to do an rp.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Nice.

If I use my twins then one of them will likely have a similar power.

The hardest part about this is, as much as your characters have powers it is not magic and so they cant do things like shadow=walk.
Teleportation is not out of the question.

Also it might be an idea to google the book Gone and read the first chapter that it gives or read a review or something.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:09 pm

This is a lot of people. :I
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 pm

That a problem, Syl?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Didn't expect so many and I'm personally uncomfortable with more than ~4 people per roleplay. I'm probably gonna drop. No offense to anyone else, of course, just a matter of personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Ah right. OK.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Dam... Well its your choice Syl.
I was hoping we could make a big teen type thing but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

You still have about six other people. I'm sure you'll be fine. XD
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey? Does anyone actually bother with the Chatbox? I tried to use it last night and had a nice chat with myself over Malt Loaf.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Aye; Night, Psyco, Drrandom, and myself often frequent it. Can't say I'm ALWAYS on, not always feeling talkative, but at times . . .

[tagtoputinterestcheckbackontrackfortherestofyou]
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:13 am

The timezones make it a bit hard at times.

Well Syl... If you wont to leave can I ask you to be our backup if someone drops or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishes do come true.   Wishes do come true. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wishes do come true.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Intermediate :: Interest Check-
Jump to: