The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Tyro's Birthday RP: Candles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Tyro's Birthday RP: Candles Empty
PostSubject: Tyro's Birthday RP: Candles   Tyro's Birthday RP: Candles Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Its my birthday on Saturday Very Happy

I'm expecting to get a new electric Guitar, so I'll record something for everyone to listen too on it.

In the mean time, I thought I'd do something for Tyro (the character) on this annual occasion. So, I thought I'd try basing an RP around his birthday. Its something I haven't had the chance to do yet.

But it could be interesting. In the same way that a train wreck is interesting. Lets look at a kitsune's birthday shall we?

- Considering that Tyro stopped bothering to count after around 84, you'd imagine that a birthday is a remarkably pointless event for a creature that is going to see a thousand of them to celebrate. He might as well document his bowel movements. Also, how many candles are there on the cake if you happen to not remember exactly how old you are?

- If you've ever been in a roleplay with Tyro, you might notice that he's rarely with a friend. An offspring usually but never anyone he can usually relate too. Why? Well, its not that he doesn't make friends, its more that none come with him as he travels. A Birthday will be just him and a cake with however many candles he felt like.

- You get reminiscent on your Birthday as you get older. Not a great thing for Tyro. Although, he's forgotten most of the beginning anyway...

- What the hell do you buy a 6-foot-5 fox-man that fights monsters or evil out of some kind of innate duty, is perfectly happy to live like a tramp and rarely accepts payment for his deeds for his birthday? A book token is not a good answer. Maybe a brush?

Anyway, now that I've vented how absurd this idea is to you, I'll present the RP premise:

Gren Delis has a gothic vibe running through the place. Gargoyle's keep watch over the buildings as though ready to pounce on demons, water dribbling from their mouths. Autumn has begun to colour with his warm paint set but leaves areas of green intact still. The drizzle soaks the crows lightly that peck at the Earth. It mixes with the water to make a paste that the birds imprint their feet on as they hop from one source of bread to another. The little, pasty-white woman in the rain mac continues to rip then toss the bread into the centre of the town central park. It was intended as a pond but she enjoys the crows all the same as ducks.

The town isn't dilapidated, just in dire need of repair. There are places in the pavement where a part of the stonework has fallen from somewhere. Signs are usually illegibly faded, only a hint of the paint colour tells them apart. Not that any of the locals care. Windows have become thick at the bottom where the glass shows us its actually liquid. There are potholes in the roads that everyone just avoids and the grass has been ravaged by the occasional weed.

Vampires here aren't that bothered about the outside world. They don't spend much time in it. Only Chell and her crows are seen in the late evening. Or early night I suppose...

We have Lady Yavell in her town house that over looks Chell in her raincoat. An on edge Tyro is trying to fight against his body clock. He's on the look out for a genetic murder. Someone has reported a man slowly morphing his form while running away from the home of the curiously named Steve Grave. He was murdered with a stake through the heart, of course, but people found extra, half-formed limbs upon the floor...Tyro was asked to try and solve the murder of an undead man.

Oh! And he's let slip that he's Birthday will be in a few days. Lady Yavell has asked for her cook to make a special cake for Tyro...The number of candles is still to be decided. A small party in the town hall is being massed while Tyro feels genuinely spoiled rotten. In a guilty way...He hasn't caught anyone yet!

Your invited, of course!

Questions and extra ideas are thoroughly encouraged. As always, I don't have a preference when it comes to characters. Anything is welcomed. The vampires of Gren Delis are the traditional type. Sunlight = Bad, Religious Paraphernalia = Bad, Blood = Rejuvenation and regaining of strength. I've recently read Dracula and I'm thinking of that version rather than abstinent mirror-balls. Vampires need sex in there or they're boring.
Back to top Go down

Tyro's Birthday RP: Candles
Page 1 of 1