The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

The truth of the Gods

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

The truth of the Gods Empty
PostSubject: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Ok, so anyone tell me if they have some sort of interest in this.

((Edited as thanks to Syl for helping me get everything straight))

In the modern age, few people look back at the world. Some see perfection in the past, and stupidity in the future. God has sent godly fragments called "Elements" to a few chosen people, As well as two Sages to guide these people. The Sages have gone through the same trials and survived, And are now called upon by God to assist in the process of combining the Reality of Humans and the Reality of the Gods. Throughout the RP everyone shall learn the truth, as well as what truly happened in the past. As well as what Elements truly are, For currently they exist as more or less a "Second Spirit" tied more to the Reality of Gods then to Humans. The Elements have control over one Element, as well as sometimes have similar looks to an Element.

((Ex. Water Element would be a person made of water, as well as control all forms of liquid as they get stronger. However a Mind Element could look like a normal person, but have Psychic and Mindfucking abilities.))

Each person get's One element that can be anything you think of ((within reason)). I know some that are out there that many people may not consider to be Elements are: Mind, Blade, Explosion, Alcohol, Animal, Life/Death ((same thing, life is weather you live or die, and death is opposite and emo)) Mud, Technology, Sound. Use your imagination, however depending on the Element I may need editing. I may post a List of Elements available once I transfer this to the OOC thread.

My character is one of the two Sages ((the other being played by Comedi)) so lets start explaining a bit more about Elements

Elements are either a fragment of a God, Or Generated by an Powerful and Imaginative subconscious
((Ex. of fragment: my character Element IS Poseidon, THE most powerful Water Element))
((Ex. of self-gen.: Comedi's Element is called Lefty, a self generated Shadow Element))

Fragments of Gods are usually stronger and you could think of them more as a "Pre-Set Build" if you ever played something like D&D. Self-Generated Elements however are more like "Custom Class" on set guidelines if that makes sense. Personally I find that Self-Gen. would take quite a bit more work to have them become effective early in the RP, However only a few people will be allowed to have a Fragment of a God as allowed by Comedi and Myself. ((Self-Gen. are really for people RPing both a Character and an Element, so you don't have to think TOO hard about everything))

The last basic thing is that Both the Character and the Element have to have one of the three types ((Fourth is Sage only)):

Angelic = Spirit based. Heals self very fast, can use Ki/Chi based abilities at later stages of RP.

Demonic = Body based. Gets stronger when hurt badly ((you can think of more damage = higher HP lol)) has enough willpower to keep fighting when K.O.

Psychotic = Mind based. Your Mind has been shattered multiple times beyond normal repair, Giving you No sense of urgency, A.D.D., and Memory issues sometimes. Once fixed you basically become a Genus as well as can use Psychic to a great extent regardless of Element.

Sage = The mastery of all three types, Only sages have this and even then they are dominantly one of the three. ((However they are on many restrictions by God because he wanted this to be a challenge))

((going to fix Skeles later, but think about type wisely for your going to be stuck at the lowest level for quite a while))

Last edited by Drrandom255 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add new information)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Meant to say something earlier, but I'm quite interested in this. Do you have anything much of a storyline yet besides that little bit? If not, that's fine, something can be worked out.

I've got a character who'd make an interesting Blade, since you mentioned it . . .
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Actually I do have a storyline, but I have to clarify something first. Technically everyone has to RP two characters unless arrangements are made beforehand, The person that receives the Element and the Element itself. So Syl, you would have to make a normal(ish) human character, and a Blade Element (basically a mastery of melee weapons, me and my friend made some of these and got lazy naming the ones for melee and range stuff like guns, bows and arrows, and general melee weapons)

Back to the storyline thingy, Its going to be me rounding up all the people who received an Element and the eventual joining of the "God's Reality" and the "Human Reality" as well as a bunch of shit will happen concerning the "Spirit Reality" from time to time . . . such as the explanation of how death really works . . . yea its a bunch of crazy stuff and I have yet to find a real "Enemy" besides the Government and basically the entire "Human Reality" because they don't want to have the truth return.

Small thingy on making Element characters: They usually have a personality based on what they specialize in, as well as SOME have names . . . the ones that have names are famous for something ((Ex: my characters Water element is actually Poseidon HUGE SPOILER LOL))
The Element's that don't have names are generated inside the individual, ((Ex: my friend who is going to be joining this site for this RP as the other sage is going to use a shadow Element that was generated inside him, He just calls it "Lefty" . . . ask him why . . .))

I do . . . Kinda . . . need a little help making both the Skele's for both though >.>" . . . please?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Ah, I see what you mean with the two characters. That's fine, then. Would the Element be similar to the actual person in appearance and such or no? I'm having a little difficulty understanding the difference in the two.

Please be patient with me and the questions. ;w; Whenever I join someone else's roleplay I'm always afraid of not understanding things.

Also, I can help with the skeletons, I just need to have the above question answered. XD
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:55 pm

The Element would look similar IF it was one like Lefty . . . and even then that's only for physical appearance, clothing and equipment vary for every Element. Usually Elements don't use equipment unless they play pranks a lot

Ex: Blade element can generate any melee weapons possible, so no equipment necessary. However your Element can have preferences ((as defined by you lol))

Also, about the Skele, and kinda something I shoulda said earlier. Both the Element and the Person MUST have one of the three types of either

Demonic: Gets stronger with more damage delt to them, Rage issues sometimes . . . extremely strong will, strong enough to keep fighting if K.O.

Angelic: Spiritual person, Heals fast . . . May help if your a Martial Artist or something that requires calmness

Psychotic: Your mind has shattered multiple times, Basically like Genus with mental ADD . . . as well as unpredictable entirely . . . can't be serious unless they go through training.

I know my characters are Demonic as well as my friends are Psychotic . . . yay for random extra thingy that few people are probably going to understand
Back to top Go down
ComediAnimal
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Dude nice!   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 pm

I am in on this! But did you have to tell everyone about Lefty?
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm

. . . Yes . . . Because your the second sage . . . I'll help you with some of it because we both made this and you need a bit more experience in RPing . . .
Back to top Go down
ComediAnimal
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Oh   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Okay then, cool.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm

M'kay, so I think I get it. If I mess up something, feel free to correct me at any time in making a character, roleplaying, etc.

I guess a skeleton might look something like this for the human:

Name:
Element:
Type: (Demonic, Angelic, etc.)

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

And then there would be a corresponding Element skeleton, though that might vary depending on whether the Element is separate or self-generated.

I'm going to dig up my character's profile from my computer and start editing it. Before I do so, any particular age that they should be?
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm

For the Human = Somewhere between 14 and 50

For the Element = Anywhere from -7 ((A week until they appear new in the Human)) to any number imaginable . . . Who knows how old gods are?

For the Skele, nice work XD but I don't think the human gets to choose their Element.

Meh, am lazy so I'll work on the Skele's in school and post them tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Well, didn't expect they'd "choose" so much as it was linked to them in a way, as was my understanding. Which is why it was there. :X But feel free to edit as necessary. I'll post my character tomorrow once you have the skeleton as you like it.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Got bored waiting for the day to pass . . . so I made the Skele's anyway . . .

Human

Name: ((no shit))
Appearance: ((Basic enough, please don't describe every little detail if its unnecessary))
Personality: ((Simple enough . . . I think . . .))
Bio: ((Simple enough, except for Me and Comedi because we're Sages))
Type: ((Angelic, Demonic, Or Psychotic. Simple as that))
Connection to Element: ((how your character mentally/physically bonds with your Element.))

Element

Origin: ((Either from third reality as a godly shard, or brand new Element generated. New Element can be a normal one like Water or Lava or something, its just a new "persona" of that Element you could say))
Name: ((If newly generated, then either nickname or "<insert owner's name> <Insert Element type>", godly shard needs name confirmation))
Element: ((Duh . . . Possibly going to put a list of possible choices if I'm bored later today and if not then tomorrow))
Age: ((from like . . . -7 days to Infinity depending on circumstances))
Level: ((Going to edit in/out of Skele, basically how much the Element is Bonded to the human, ending when they have almost the same consciousness))
Bio: ((describe the Element a bit more personalty/background-wise . . . I know ima get a LOT of e-mails about this bit))
Type: ((same as for human, Angelic, Demonic, or Psychotic. These will be used later in the story mostly for "upgrades"))

Msg me on any questions at all, As well as to confirm if something works with the Skele . . . I guess you could say its still kinda a WIP ((Work In Progress . . . sorry if that confused anyone))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Alrighty, I'll give this a shot then . . . Again, feel free to let me know if I'm wrong or something. I'll probably put up the Element bio a little later, since I've still got questions, such as how self-generated Elements exactly come into being or how bonds between the human and Element work.

**Edited because derp I am silly.**

Name: Taiju Soulin (if you really get him to like you, he might go by Tai, though he doesn't even like his name much, it being weird as it is)

Appearance: Taiju is approximately 5’11 and about 130 lbs; an average-looking build, although he does have a fair trace of muscle from the training he does on his own. His hair is a medium brown and has a pointed tail cut; longer in the back than in the front, where the longer hair goes to the middle of his shoulder blades. His bangs are scattered, long enough to frame about half of his face and usually off to the sides. His eyes are hazel, and he wears rectangular glasses. His overall facial features are plain, although he looks like he would be more at home in a library than anywhere else.

His attire is likewise plain, typically consisting of jeans and dark t-shirts, rarely with any sort of design. He wears the occasional wristband but is not likely to accessorize with more than a digital wristwatch. He also wears a copper coin around his neck, printed with a wolf's paw print; it has sentimental value, though he won't explain why.

Personality: Taiju has a preference to be left alone. He generally won't care about the world around him as long as it doesn't try to bother him first. He's intelligent, but will often come off as cold or indifferent to people around him--it's not exactly intentional, so much as he doesn't always realize that how he interprets something won't be the same to others and his social skills are rather lacking. People are too complicated to him and he doesn't particularly like the majority of them, anyway. If someone can work past that, Taiju can be a decent enough person, it's just a matter of getting there. In his spare time, Taiju divides his time between books and, of all things, sword training, the lessons for which he's been paying for out of his pocket for years. He also draws a little, but prefers not to advertise that talent.

Bio: As a teenager, Taiju's life appeared simple enough from the outside. He lived with his mother, father, and younger brother on the outskirts of town. His father, however, held to very "traditional" roles of how men and women should act in society and tried to raise his sons as such. Taiju was quick to reject the ideas, not liking how his father viewed either sex or trying to be forced into giving up things he enjoyed. His younger brother embraced the traditions, but Taiju learned to despise his father by the age of eleven, but loved his mother, who was the only one in the household who sympathized with him and encouraged his hobbies. He and his father would get into fights for years, a select few of them violent.

There was little he could do until he was eighteen, at which point he left for college. He scrapes by without any help from his parents. He wishes he could return home and visit his mother, but his father wouldn't have it. His father often sends letters criticizing Taiju's choice to go to school and various other things, usually promising that no good will come of it and not to ask for help.

Type: Demonic

Connection to Element: Taiju often had a view of himself as a different person--someone who didn't care about anything and didn't think about the things he does. His Element embodies this, although to a rather negative extent.

And hey look I am now not lazy and have made his Element.

Origin: Newly generated shortly after Taiju left for college and was overcome by stress and various negative emotions.
Name: Chose the name Ender for himself simply because he liked the sound of it.
Element: Blade
Age: Approximately one year, give or take a couple of months.
Level: The two are connected on a base level and can work together, but Taiju doesn't have any real "love" for Ender and they tend to bicker, keeping them from getting much farther.

Bio: Came into existence shortly after Taiju left for college. Taiju hasn't been in a particularly good mood since beginning college a year ago, usually in some sort of angry or depressed temperament. He works out his stress with sparring and spends a lot of time wishing he could be someone and somewhere else, and in a way Ender was born from this.

Ender tends to act very sharp, cocky, and sarcastic--as Taiju wanted, not bothered by anyone and unaffected by any sort of personal problems. He's most likely to have a smirk plastered across his face at any given time and a sarcastic comment ready to be used. He's quick to criticize if it'll amuse him, and doesn't take much interest in other people. He does have a certain fondness for Taiju but sure as hell won't show it, chalking any like of the boy up to being bonded and nothing more.

In appearance, Ender is similar to Taiju, though he's a little taller and thinner, keeps his hair at about an inch in length, and doesn't wear glasses. He's also a little more prone to wearing lighter colors, but likewise keeps his attire plain.

Type:
Demonic

Last edited by Syldoran on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Sounds really good! Message me your Element questions and maybe a preview of your Element's Skele, then I'll see how I can help.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Ok, finally got "Not Lazy" and Redid the first post, It "should" have almost all the information about the RP now.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Edited Tai. Now for his element, which I probably should have done at the same time but eh . . .
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Should I just move this to an OOC thread? >.>" I still think we could use like . . . 1, 2 more people
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Possibly. I wouldn't guarantee that we'll get more people, though, considering how slow the site's been as of late.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Finally got the Element done and edited it in with Taiju. Hoping it's good enough. :I

So there's that.

And now I play the waiting game.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 pm

You won't have to wait long XD I'm planning on making the OOC thread later today
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm interested. And don't worry you will get a few more people. You will see how I am going to do that soon enough.

Oh BTW I will be away for a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The truth of the Gods   The truth of the Gods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The truth of the Gods
Page 1 of 1