The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

the goblin showed up

Go down 
+2
Frozen Memory
fleamailman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

the goblin showed up Empty
PostSubject: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:05 pm

"...hi..." said the goblin, wondering if he'd even come to the right place is, his thoughts were more on the coffee machine at this point, but he just continued "...well there's not really much to say about me, married with kids I suppose, that's me then..." and then something crossed his mind "...you see, the trouble in ones introduction is simply, if you don't meet the other person, there's absolutely no way to prove anything anyway since these are just words here, and the reader is blind, I mean anyone of us could be just anything then, who knows I could even be a human for that matter MYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no no just joking, thought it was funny though..."

the goblin showed up Output6
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm

lol. Welcome to The Path Less Traveled. I like you already. I think you will fit in just fine. We are crazy bunch of people, but we are all friendly. I am sure you will make good friends! Read the rules, check up on things that are going on, and get involved! See you around the site!

Oh and if you have any questions, the admins and critics (all with different colored names) are ready to lend an ear!
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:26 am

Quote :
lol. Welcome to The Path Less Traveled. I like you already. I think you will fit in just fine. We are crazy bunch of people, but we are all friendly. I am sure you will make good friends! Read the rules, check up on things that are going on, and get involved! See you around the site!

"...why thank you my good human, if I may so bold as to call you one..." replied the goblin once more, while outside, the snow storm had subsided enough to let the minions of the moneygod continue their endless endeavors in this beloved city of affluence "Geneva & co", and well, into this then, dressed like a rather oldish teletubby, armed with his laptop and under the influence of caffeine, the lone goblin readied himself, without much relish mind you, for yet another tromp to the bank, read withdrawals here, the post office, read pay one tithes then, and the bistro, read lick wounds and drown sorrows in more coffee, so he hits on singing "...we're off to see the blizzard, the wonderful blizzard that was, that was, that was because, tralala...", exits, only to take one foot outside the door and is simply buried in snow, where surfacing some distance further down the street, well, at the bistro no less, thinks aloud "...never mind your silly "secret of fire" humans, just tell me how one remains sane in all this "dailylife", I will let you live to do..."

the goblin showed up IE-104

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:07 am

"Vedui' Goblin, welcome," the elf said with a bow.

It really is great to have you here! Judging by your creative opening, I'm really excited to see you in a roleplay!

It looks like Memory already covered almost everything. I'm Savvy, our local elf-fanatic and fellow admin of Mem. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask any of us mods through pm or post. <^_^>
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 am

Bah, everyone got to the newbie before I did.

Guess all I can say then is welcome, welcome. c:
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 am

"...well now..." laughed the goblin "...a newbie from the BBS age if you like, a past that you would have heard of I imagine, though long gone now, unmissed perhaps, but of it, we have these forums today...", in fact, the goblin was one of the "band", a small group whose hallmark were that their posts were in fact, their writings then, "...odd isn't it, I mean for every one person who starts to read a book hundreds more just turn up on the internet and, in effect, become author/readers in their own right..." mused the goblin careful that the post was never too long, somehow remembering that one of the first rules in live writing was "keep the post short", adding "...I'll touch on your forum only lightly now, promise, chat with me is you wish, but let's start with a question "why do live writers invariably attach a picture to their posts"..."

the goblin showed up Artwork454554
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

"Welcome" said the smooth voice, clapping slowly. "It is rare that a goblin would grace us with his or her presence." The young man had been sitting in his seat the entire time, watching and waiting. In this stage, he wore a black cloak and backbiter, with a mask of ice settled on the anonymous face.

"Please, enjoy your stay. However, I do not attach images. Instead, a personal symbol."

§
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:29 pm

and with that the goblin was happy again, as if knowing that his using "third person" was accepted now, saying "...funny isn't it, I mean most of those books ones reads are in "third person", while most people, that one meets on this internet, still post in "first person", little wonder then, that when they either wish to roll play here, or live write as I do now, their awkwardness is almost evident then...", the hour was late, outside, the slow moving night waited upon the goblin's thoughts in an abated silence that seemed to watch on from without where the goblin just continued "...oh yes, writer's role play too you know, only that it's each and every character in turn that is...", "...tell them about the ghosts then goblin..." went the voice in the background now "...those writer's ghosts goblin, tell them what happened now..." but the goblin held back at this point, knowing only that there was more to it than a few simple words here

the goblin showed up Popcorn

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:59 pm

The girl who had been watching stood and smiled. She no longer wished to sit alone in the corner. So she swept back her silvery-blonde hair and stepped next to her sister(Savfantasy) to greet the goblin.
Ah, I am a little late to this. Welcome!!! I'm Pjkio (obviously) race: Half elf, half human
I am just a person, but I like to say hi to the new people. So... hi! I don't post with a picture, either. I post in color.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:36 pm

(the goblin accepted Pjkio's kind words, saying "...think of me as a friend then, and perhaps through our journey down this thread we will share much about "live writing" no doubt, which you in your turn can use for role playing if you wish, though the two are very different creatures, for example a "live writer" doesn't miss the chance to add a picture to the text, no not for the sake of readers here, no he posts it for himself if simply because, along with the writer's way with words, he wants that illustrator's eye too, and how can one ever see the image of ones texts without matching it with a picture..." the goblin paused for a moment to think out the next bit, continuing "...now imagine too, that he, or she for that matter, did it, no not for a couple of days here, but day in day out, month after month for a couple of years now, wouldn't each text would conjure up an image then, and each picture would tell you something too...", but that was the goblin then, and didn't everybody know that goblin's were not to be trusted)

just sharing as an example

"...do you think I talk to myself slot...", "...no goblin you've got the muse and me to talk to, but mind you what with innerman lamenting the superficiality of outerman, and outerman craving "this, that, and the next thing", the wonder is not if you do actually talk to yourself, it's more how you can ever get a word in edgeways...", "...hello you two..." said the muse who popped in from the back room "..I heard that, is that you goblin worrying about whether you talk to yourself then...", "...um, well I, um...""...yep, he sure is, muse...", the slot had noticed the goblin was seated looking down at his shoes woefully, the muse put her hands down on his shoulders from behind him "...there there goblin I am sure you're not talking to yourself, any schizophrenic will tell you that much...", the man in the mirror found the whole image rather appealing as the goblin lifted his hand to his shoulder placing it on hers saying "...thanks muse but...", "...goblin..." she moved around the chair to look at him clearly, then, placing a lone finger on his lips as only a woman could do, spoke softly "...anyone can post but only mad people make interesting posters, leave sanity for shallow people, we're different...", "...that's better Your Madnessty..." joked the slot as the goblin started typing his hapless posts again

the goblin showed up 1570651142_5d65d78821
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:50 am

"...feed me goblin, so many ghosts and so few posts...", "...but slot, what if many of those ghosts and still alive...", "...well just post their live ghosts then goblin, that's what the present becomes anyway, besides you promised the muse and had better do it before you become a ghost too...", "...OK alright slot, I remember it's "honesty, a shared life and thick skin" but I never thought this "Muse pact" thingy would be so weird to live through, I mean they're everywhere and anytime...", "...goblin, people have their memories, writers have their ghosts, that's all, and those ghosts own you until you dispel them and that is all it is, isn't it..." and with that the hungry slot and the haunted goblin just looked at each other as the ghosts closed in for the post

the goblin showed up Inka-Essenhigh-DanceParty06
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 am

being anonymous the goblin wasn't sure if it was "social networking" as such, but he posted across dozens of forums daily, saying "...well, for me at least, facebook seems a writer's nightmare, something like "hi, my name is adolf, oh, and guess what, I hang out at walmats too, eat at mcdonalds where I do my internet, here's my photo, all my personal details, the films I like, my PSP3 games then, oh, and take at look at this, my heavy metal tattoo on my bum, and my signed poster of bing crosby himself, aren't I amazing, oh please do accept me as I have enough superficial paraphernalia, and whatever, for you to like me now"...", where perhaps the first thing a writer should actually be, is free from all that crap, just honest to himself each time..." simply the goblin was saying, that whenever he had grown close to someone on the internet, it had been solely on the merit of their words alone, for what else of them was really here now, they were, until they appeared in real life that is, just as anonymous as the goblin was, quite unable to prove anything then

the goblin showed up HeartagramHitler
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Child
Child
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 pm

("...I suppose that whatever I write here introduces me..." said the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

the witchdoctor smiled “...goblin, you think it's a recession because they have told you that it is one, but look at it more closely, every recession to date has been investors withdrawing their investment in late autumn, causing the market to slump, whereupon an injection of capital from either banks or governments props things up until, that too, proves futile and one has the recession for sure, but a recession, like its namesake, is supposed to eventually return things to what they once were are they not...”, to which the witchdoctor leaned closer to the goblin, continuing “...so now, with a trillion dollar debt and one dollar in ten going to service that debt too, and with far too much money in circulation anyway, and that ever unchanged "upside down demographic pyramid", still think it's actually a recession goblin..." at which the witchdoctor took a deep breath and just continued "...it's a “default” goblin, financial musical chairs if you like where the music has stopped, america will survive goblin, but it has filed for chapter 13 is all but name...”

the goblin showed up Dreaming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the goblin showed up   the goblin showed up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the goblin showed up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Introductions-
Jump to: