The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Story Background

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Hey guys, I got this idea from a few different sites I know about and thought that maybe we could incorporate it into our own forum here. Basically this site will have one 'main' role-play that all the members play (hopefully) but won’t be forced to play. It will be the story of Path but we will still keep our games and other role-plays going. In the main role-play for the site, it is a along the lines of fantasy during the medieval era. More of it will be explained once I am done making it. A thread for it will go up along with things only related to the story. As for players that are involved here is a broad overview: You can play gods and goddesses, and mortal men. Some will be warriors, others by standards and maybe priests. It all depends on how many people actually want to go along with it. Please give me any feedback or suggestion. Also please tell me if you hate the idea or not. If no one responds to it, I am going to implement it thinking no one has an objection. I don't want to override anyone so give feedback!!!!

-Kevin
Back to top Go down
csleuth
Infant
Infant
csleuth

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:57 am

I personally think this is an awesome idea. It would be really fun to have everyone in this huge role play. I think you might want to be very careful about the gods and goddesses roles though; you don't want anyone god moding. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep it in mind. The plot and everything is done but I want a little more feedback before I set it up for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:02 pm

It's a good idea and all, but we'll need to be really careful about who goes in and all. I've never really been a fan of big site-wide roleplays, but a.) it's something I'd do if handled well and b.) we'll have to make sure it isn't a bunch of people joining who jump in for a little bit and leave; that'd make some major discontinuity, so we'd have to be careful.

. . . But that's me. X3 I'm up for it in the end and it's a good idea to get more people involved.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:27 pm

This would be a great idea, implemented more by maybe a few major themes integrated into the thread, such as a "One Path" Theme?

Even better, any events or contests that might be relevant to roleplaying be hosted IN the roleplay rather than in a seperate thread?

I, for one, support this idea fully, as long as it can be maintained. We don't want stuff happening like our jolly friend Syldoran stated.

ยง
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Good points to you both. There is no physical way I can force someone to participate. I have sent e-mails to some people who aren't active but that doesn't always help. If they become inactive, we move on and terminate the character and someone else to play him-her or just have that character. As for the threads, I still wanted to keep the role-plays we had going so those will be untouched. They will be considered 'ooc' threads. I was going to devote a whole section to this rp idea and it will be the main theme of the site. I was going to put up a home page or a portal about the history of it and then try to make a link directly to that rp on the page. -Set up is still going through my mind so nothing is set in stone.-

As for god-mod, the admins have the 'control' over the rp in the essence that we can correct people or deny their character and such, but we will also be regular players in the game. Each god(dess) will only have a certain aspect they control in life and other things will be limited. No worries there. All critics and moderators still have to monitor it and the rps specific ooc thread to ensure no one will be breaking the rules. All the guidelines we have since the beginning of the site will still hold true for this.

Characters cannot be killed by any player without consent and if you do have consent, please tell us so we don’t think you are breaking the rule. I might put it up tonight or tomorrow. I am doing homework at the same time hehe…
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm all up for the idea. I believe I already told Kevin this, but I might as well post it, just so that everyone else knows. I did want to ask; what section would this be in? Beginner? Intermediate? Advanced?
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:36 pm

This will actually go into its own section. It will not be placed with the other role-plays.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Memory
Founder
Founder
Frozen Memory

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 pm

The portal is up and so is the forum for it. Characters can comense. Savy and I will be the ones accepting and denying characters. The actual rp will start later. In the section where this rp goes up, you become your character. There is no OOC and you MUST stay in character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Background   Story Background Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story Background
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: In the News :: Newsletter-
Jump to: