The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Anybody at all?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Okay, I really don't have any ideas at the moment. I'm just craving some sorta fantasy-derived roleplay. I range from vampires to wizards, really, so if you have any particular ideas I'd be interested, or we could come up with something.

I suck at this. >_> I'll try to think of some ideas, but is anyone interested in general? I'd love to do a roleplay with more than one person~
Back to top Go down
Azmodai2
Hatchling
Hatchling
Azmodai2

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 am

I happen to be very interested, I'd love to get a small group roleplay started on here.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 pm

I'd be very interested. In fact, I could help you spit out some ideas. I've been feeling some down time in roleplaygetaway so I'm itching for something active.

However, my brain is fried from chemistry. I'll post some ideas I might have later if you already did not choose one.

§
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Hooray~

Okay, I'll dig through my stuff and see if I can't pull up any ideas to throw up here. I'd love to hear anything else, of course.
Back to top Go down
Azmodai2
Hatchling
Hatchling
Azmodai2

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:59 pm

I have a fairly open ended RP I made on RPGateway called Battle and Glory. I'll post here so you can all see the intro, it's of course subject to any prearranged changes you guys want. Or we don't even have to use it. Obviously only the intro is what I would post with, with some updates.

"Keck you, Major, I don't care what the Colonel says, I want that Orc settlement cleared and I want it cleared now! Lack of manpower my foot, we have plenty of troops in the garrison, he's just a weak fool who gained his rank through that waste of a bureaucratic department we call officers school. Now, you go back to the barracks and tell him if he doesn't get his lazy ass in gear I'll personally come over there and use him for archery practice!" The startled young lieutenant scurried from his spot in front of the Lord Commandant and sprinted out of the grand hall's great oak doors, on his way to the barracks.

The Lord Commandant sat back in his creaky wooden chair and peered at the table in front of him. It was strewn with maps, regiment configurations, casualty reports and a slew of other military documents. He sighed and fingered a small letter opener in the shape of a sword. He quickly snatched up a piece of parchment and a quill and began to write, after a few minutes he mused over his letter and fingered the pen. He set it down and stood, his black cloak sliding off the seat, touching the floor. With long, commanding strides he moved over to a small cabinet in the side of the room. Opening it, it revealed a suit of armor, half plate, black and finely crafted and carved. The breastplate was a dull black and engraved with a rose encircled by a thorny vine, the gauntlets matched with the same engraving on the back of the hand, and the greaves imitated the design. He scanned the armor briefly before untying his cloak and motioning a young squire over. The squire fitted the armor onto his Lord and then stepped away, hurriedly finding something else to do, his master was clearly not in a good mood.

The Orc-Human conflict had not been going well for the latter, with many losses on both sides, however the Orc's had superior numbers and continued to press. The humans had lost three outposts in as many days and the casualty reports were staggering, the body count had risen to above 2,000. The Lord Commandant strapped on a simple black-banded sword then wrapped himself again in his black shroud. It was time to seek help, and not just regular help. He needed people besides your run-of-the mill soldiers, it was time to cut out the heart of this horde. He strode out of grand hall, down several flights of dank, wet, musky steps and into the oppressive manure smell of the stables. Without a word to the stable boy he strolled over to a black and gray dappled stallion, fitted a brown leather saddle and harness and took off out the stable doors.

The guard looked down into the main courtyard and saw the Lord Commandant's horse galloping down the main road. He motioned to the gatekeeper and saw him and his partner start to pull on the lever and raise the iron portcullis. The cloaked figure on the dark horse rode out of the main gate and off down the southern road towards the dim lights of a nearby town, its glow barely piercing the rain and mist that had enveloped the forest. The rain had started to slow, reduced now from the thunderous roar of fat droplets on stone roofs to the pitter-patter of small droplets hitting some part of the wall or keep.

To General Sturmgeist

I, your Lord Commandant, have taken a leave of absence for a short time. I have given you temporary command of the keep, its grounds and all the inhabitants, military and non, for the time being. While the details of absence cannot be discussed, I wish to inform you that my mission is of utmost important and that you should not dwell on it while in your current state of command. Suffice it to say that when I return conditions should have significantly improved. May the lords of battle and glory be with you.

Arkhann Reiksguard
Lord Commandant, Valmorgen Keep.

He rode swiftly through the damp forest, dodging trees and large roots. He had left the road long ago, too many Orc patrols. Keeping the great river to his right he sped along its edge in the direction of the nearby town, and most importantly to its local tavern. No better place to find would-be adventurers and heroes then the town bar. Arkhann smiled to himself as he rode, thinking of all the prospects at the tavern, he patted his horse and spurred it faster. Perhaps he'd even have time to have dinner and stay the night if he got there fast enough. The town garrison would be able to supply him with room and board, but the tavern was the only place for real help. Another word of encouragement to his horse and he sped off through the thick woods and on towards the now flickering lights of the town.

So yeah, it's kind of rough but very open.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:34 am

I like the idea of w a war-based plot, but a general seemingly going out to random towns to look for civilian help is rather baseless and desperate.

It's a little generic, but I for one enjoy playing in more unique stories. Not that the general plot isn't a photo-copy of the next, but I'm kind of "I like it blatantly different from the rest" Kind of guy.

§
Back to top Go down
Azmodai2
Hatchling
Hatchling
Azmodai2

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:19 am

Hhaha oh I know, its super-generic, I think that might actually have been the idea when I wrote it (which was like 5 years ago) it appealed to simpler caste of RPers, which was the demographic I had to work with at the time. Like I said, we cna change it or not use it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Hrrm. I kinda like the idea, but like was mentioned, I'd want to change it up some. Orcs and humans do feel a little generic with the war.

Hell I just want magic. 'XD There's this one old roleplay I really liked . . . I'll see if I can't dig up the idea somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Okay, I don't have a full plot in mind here, but I thought of something a little bit ago that I totally did not somewhat rip from the description of sorcerers in my D&D manual.

-----

Sorcerers are beings in whom powers manifest. They aren't quite like other magic users are said to be; they don't study for their power, hunched over scrolls and books, they simply have it. It shows in humans at varying ages, often coming on with puberty but sometimes showing up in earlier or later ages. This power is considered dangerous; because one does not study for it, it can cause problems until the individual can learn to control it. Many, if not most, budding sorcerers are cast from their homes so that they can't cause trouble. It's not uncommon for sorcerers to accidentally set a house aflame or hurt someone unintentionally when their powers first begin to manifest.

Other rumors also come into effect.

It's rumored that the blood of dragons runs in the veins of sorcerers. Nobody is quite sure how or if this is even true, but it's said that the dragon blood is especially strong in sorcerers, which is how they get their powers. This strikes fear into many a person, as dragons are generally very fearsome beasts, and so some hunt down sorcerers and kill them to keep the bloodline from continuing. As such, many sorcerers who are run from their homes go into hiding.

-----

Like I said, don't have much of a plot for it yet. I was thinking that the sorcerers who were played could have draconic features that develop (wings, other odd abilities, features, whatever) but I'm unsure. We could always figure out more plot as we go if we do this one.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Syldoran, that just gave me a brain wave. I shall now attempt to create a viable story out of your information provided!

-The dark halls of history do not record when or how humans came to be conceived- it is still a mystery that confounds the most powerful thinkers to this day, where even the best responses to the question are mere guesses and theories. What is even more of a mystery is the power that lies dormant within them. Dragons blood, they say, runs through the human race, a elusive link between both races. While some humans only have a drop of it, and others might be brimming with it, no incident has been recorded with it until the first signs of supernatural activity occurred.

-It was fairly simple, a child igniting a small fire on a damp plank of wood with no kindling or beforehand knowledge of how to do so. However, humans were a suspicious kind. Without the knowledge to control it and the history of the power, it was a dangerous thing to have in any family. The child was immediately shunned, and a new word was pushed into the spotlight: Sorcerers.

-It varied at many points, concentrated mostly during puberty. It was very rare for an adult to start experiencing the powers of a Sorcerer. However, just like it's appearance, the Sorcerers could not be stopped. More and more people were beginning to set things on fire and grow inhuman limbs and organs. Some children breathed fire. Others had scaly skin. To any human without sorcerer powers, it was a freak of nature. Out of fear and suspicion, men and women alike began hunting down Sorcerers. It was hateful, but tolerable at first. The sorcerers banded together, and disappeared into the wilderness where rumor has it they became nomadic and tribe-like.

-However, three hundred years later, the monarchy of the land began to grow fearful of the sorcerers, believing to have let too many escape. They passed a law, allowing the killing of sorcerers legal, and some towns even required any sorcerer killed on-sight. The sorcerers had retreated deep into the wilderness, some into the harsh deserts, some to remote islands, and even to the darkest forests, but soldiers and hunters continued to attack them without mercy.

-The sorcerers could not take the suppression anymore. Messengers from each tribe contacted each other and formed a alliance, pouring their strength to defeat one common enemy- the King on his golden throne. Though small in numbers, the sorcerers had no mortal strength. They had the strength of dragons. However, the King had his army, his guards, and numbers. The Sorcerer Rebellion had officially begun.

§
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:35 pm

Awesome. I'm glad I helped push a story into works.

Anyway, this would be great for me, but we of course have to see what Azmodai thinks. c:
Back to top Go down
Azmodai2
Hatchling
Hatchling
Azmodai2

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Caaan do, its got a little war flavor and isn't quite as cliche as my original idea. I'll decide on who to play based ony our guys' characters lol
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Ohmygod can't believe I forgot about this already. 'XD Here, I'll throw together a character if it's not too late, using my awesometastic Spanish name but pronounced differently.

Name:Ines Kalazan (pronounced: EE-nehz KAL-uh-zahn)

Appearance: Ines has long, dark red hair, which she keeps permanently tied back into a ponytail, and braided from there. To see her with her hair down is nearly impossible. Her eyes are a dark green, and her facial features are sharp--not necessarily unattractive, but it can give her an imposing look at times. She's a bit tall, almost six feet in height, and lean in figure from lots of traveling and fighting.

Her clothes are made simply for functionality, nothing flashy and usually in dark grays and black; plain pants that she tucks into her boots and two shirts: a chain mail shirt for armor, then a black jacket with long sleeves and a collar that snaps closed around her throat.

Although she makes a point not to let anybody see it, she has scales on her body. Mottled gray, they run from the backs of her hands up her forearms, across her shoulders, and down her back and the backs of her legs. On her arms and legs, they form more like armored plates would, but again, she keeps them hidden.

Personality: Ines tends to come off very strict. She is also very introverted, keeping to herself and speaking very little when addressed. She does everything for herself when possible, hates to have anyone else help her when someone else needs the help more. She's not totally heartless, but she's not interested in making lasting friendships with anyone because she doesn't trust them and doesn't need help.

Biography She ran away from home upon finding the scales begin to develop on her body. More later within the story because I really hate writing this all out a billion times. >3>; Also it's more interesting that way and such.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Child
Child
Shiva

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Name: Lyon Renalde (The first name of my first character when I began RP'ing)

Appearance: A thin, lean body with a straight stature frames his very core. He is small of frame, his height maxing at about 5'8. His angled head is crowned by a full top of medium-length black hair. His hair is neither treated or styled, leaving hung in dull, unkempt locks around his face. His skin contrasts his hair by being slightly pale with a tinge of tan with a weathered appearance. His eyes differ the most, being the one part the dragons bestowed on him. His eyes range from a brilliant green-blue at the edges, to a vibrant golden-yellow when next to the pupils. The pupils are a serpentine slit, which twitch every few moments to adjust to minute changes in light. They are bright enough to stand out against his slightly pale skin, which is usually why Lyon ties a black length of cloth around his eyes to appear a blind man. Even with his enhanced eyes, he can barely see through them and has adjusted to fighting while blindfolded. When taken off, his skill increases dramatically. His body may be lean, but it ripples with strength. The fat cells in his body are maintained at a minimal level, most of the food he consumes going straight into his muscles.

He usually wears a light, white shirt underneath all his clothes. It is loose and easy to clean and repair. It is fairly clean and new. Over the shirt is a longer sleeved shirt with wide sleeves and a strong collar to break wind. The shirt is a muddy brown color. Finally, is a pair of leather-skin shoulder pads connected by two bandoliers that run around his chest to offer some sort of protection, though not much. For his legs he has a pair of thick, loose, and rough cargo-like pants that are weathered at the knees and black in color. He tops it off with a pair of woolen socks and a pair of traveling boots. Nothing special, but with thick soles and laces, it is very durable footwear.

Personality: He is very easy to sum up. If it were one word, it would be distant. However, it breaks down into many words. He is not introverted, or does not consider himself introverted. He simply does not talk and/or barge into somebody else's conversation. He is always thinking about one problem, all the questions he can possibly think of that could be backed by reasoning. He almost never figures them out, and almost always his reasoning would baffle the mind. Overall, he is pleasant, if hard to communicate to.

Weapon(s): Edit later

Biography: Edit later.

§
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anybody at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody at all?   Anybody at all? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody at all?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Intermediate :: Interest Check-