The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Learning to Love

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Learning to Love - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Michelle looked around the place, impressed. Artemis certainly seemed to have an interesting life! And an interesting family. She was a bit taken back by his father's demanding presence, but she smiled brightly at him anyway. She stuck out her right hand for him to shake.

"I'm Michelle, and this is Joey!" she said happily. "We're classmates of Arty's."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Despite having managed to control his bloody nose (somehow) while driving, Joey knew he was making an odd impression by still having to stand there with a bloody tissue pressed to his face. He gave an awkward smile and a sort of half-wave, hoping Artemis' father wouldn't think poorly of his bleeding. "Heh, hi . . . please excuse the less-than-stellar impression I'm sure I'm making."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:26 pm

The blonde man merely smiled, bowing as he took Michelle's hand, pressing his lips softly to the brim of her knuckles. "Welcome to our fine establishment, mia bella." He then turned to Joey, waving a hand dismissively. "It matters not. A first impression is not a lasting one. Nor is it the only one to be made. So, three Is mot kursk, eh? You're a brave lad, Artemis, to be letting your friends try something I'm sure they've never heard of."

Artemis shook his head. "I'm sure they'll be fine."

The man turned to Michelle and Joey, a small smile on his face as he placed his right hand over his heart, bowing low to them while flipping some rice over as it was being fried on the stove-top. "Avankiri Amaranth, at your service. Please, take your seats." Avan then turned to the stove and started to work, cracking three eggs over the stove, making a show of what he was cooking up.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Michelle blushed, unused to such a polite greeting. She attempted to stutter out a 'thank you,' but it didn't happen before he turned his attention to Joey. Before she knew it, he was in the kitchen, cooking up something that she had never heard of. And Arty's father's reaction to his request had her less than confident in it. But regardless, the big man was impressive at what he did, and Michelle soon found herself transfixed. She had always considered herself a good cook, but she couldn't do anything like this!
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:07 pm

"Sooo . . . what does that translate to?" Joey asked, looking to Artemis. "I understand English and Spanish, but not that. Certainly you could give us at least a hint as to what we'll be eating." He smirked a little bit, but meanwhile felt unsure. He hated eating out with other people due to some picky eating habits of his own, and he would hate to insult his friend's father. He sighed inwardly to himself and dismissed it, instead amusing himself watching Avan work. That was impressive, he had to admit.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Artemis looked to Joey. "It means 'Spice and Delight'. It's an old traditional recipe that calls for a bit of spice mixed with something kind of sweet, to give it a unique flavor. That way, it's not hot enough to burn your mouth to death, but not sweet enough to put you on a sugar high. Usually, Father's turns out amazing."

Avan shook his head as he cooked. "I wouldn't say amazing, mu ma. It all depends on the combination of spices. But, for today, I shall attempt a soup form. I think your stomach will be quite grateful."
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:02 am

Michelle had to control herself to keep from making a face. Spice and sweet in the same dish? It didn't sound that great to her. But, she had always loved to try new things. She shrugged. Besides, it couldn't be that bad if Arty was recommending it. Right?

"It sounds really unique," she said out loud. "I can't wait to try it."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:21 am

Joey made a thoughtful hum, choosing not to say anything. It didn't sound particularly pleasing to him either, but he wouldn't judge. Now, if it were just plain spicy, he could go for that. He busied himself checking to see if his nose was finished bleeding yet while they waited, and found himself satisfied when it looked as though his injury were through.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:54 pm

Avan hummed a tune to himself as he cooked, before serving what appeared to be a plate of things that indeed looked quite delicious in their combination, along with a side bowl of some sort of red sauce. "Enjoy. If you need anything, please do say so."
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:39 pm

"Thank you!" Michelle exclaimed. She looked at all the food, trying to decide what to try first. She picked up a breaded-something, and dipped it in the sauce. It really was good! She could hardly wait to try the strange soup.
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:43 am

Aiko walked into the restaurant. Her parents had said it was the best in town, and it was close by, so she had decided to drop in. It was nice, she decided. She saw a group of three talking and decided the air around them was light, so she sat at a table close by.
"Oh, just give me some water, please." She said when addressed by the waitress.
Aiko picked the menu up. She had just decided on the Kung Poa Stir Fry when the waitress returned with her drink. She gave her order, and took a sip of her water. But when she set it down, it toppled over. Aiko reached for a napkin, but there were none. So she turned around and asked the small group for a napkin.

(that was the only way I could think to get her to talk to you guys....)
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:32 pm

(You can just bring her inside the restaurant half. Think of it like the kind of restaurants and stores you see in anime, where the house is behind and above the place of business in the same building. Except that the place is much bigger, and it has an inn attached to it.)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Joey was hesitating over his food, trying to decide what looked the most edible of the options. Having little idea, he was about to test the same option Michelle had when the voice of the girl sitting behind them interrupted. Without thinking, he picked up a handful of napkins and twisted around to hand them to the girl with a blank "Here."
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 pm

"Thank you." Aiko said, accepting the napkins. Wanting to start a conversation, she added "I like your hair..." Her cheeks turned red and she began to wish she had said nothing.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 pm

((Alrighty, before we get too far along, I'd like to point out the posting order. Where you jumped in, you'd be after Savvy. So it's pretty much Syl->Avalon->Savvy->Pjkio, 'kay? c: Keeps it all nice and organized and keeps people from being left behind. I'll go ahead and post again to sorta restore order, but after that, wait for the others.))

"Um . . . thank you?" Joey attempted to take the compliment graciously, but still found himself confused by it. He didn't get compliments often . . . then again, he should have expected that green highlights would attract attention. He returned to his examination of his food without any more thought on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:42 pm

(High school girls, high school girls! One, two, three high school girls!)

Artemis looked behind him to see a girl with long silver hair...Silver hair...Wait, what?!

Indeed, silver hair was what he saw. And it was brilliantly shining in the soft lights of the restaurant, as were the green eyes placed on the delicate, pale face of the girl who sat across from them. Artemis' first reaction was mainly towards the girl's pale skin. He turned completely around, hopped out of his seat and landed gracefully, stepping behind the grill in front of the girl, and began to prepare her meal with vigor. The poor dear must have been very hungry, and she looked so pale, like she'd seen no food or water in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Michelle looked over her shoulder, interested in seeing who Joey and Artemis seemed so entranced by. She raised her eyebrows. The girl was someone she hadn't seen before. She would definitely recognize that hair. Was she new to the school, like Michelle herself? Or maybe she went to a private school nearby? She shrugged, gave the strange girl a smile, and turned back to her food. It really wasn't any of her business.
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Aiko smiled appreciatively as Artemis fixed her meal. She was impressed at how well he was doing it, too. She caught a pretty girl smiling at her out of the corner of her eye. She seemed nice enough, so she smiled brightly and waved. For some reason she had the odd feeling that she could grow to like these people. She liked the girl's politeness, the green-haired boy's straight-frowardness, and the cook's skill. She smiled for no particular reason, and leaned back to enjoy the feeling.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:10 pm

Joey blinked once as Artemis jumped up, with no warning whatsoever, to serve the silver-haired girl.

"O . . . kay. So the food's not half-bad," he remarked to Michelle, the only one besides him left at the table. He had no idea what had possessed Artemis to jump up, and nor did he particularly care that much. He noticed over time that guys his age acted really oddly around girls, so maybe that was it. Whatever it was, it wasn't as interesting as food.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Artemis hummed the same tune his father did as he cooked, working vegetables into the noodles as he fried them, placing a few choice slices of beef and chicken in as well to enhance the flavor, before sprinkling the combination with what looked to be the same red sauce that Michelle had dipped her bread in, before serving the meal to Aiko. "Here you are. Take as much as you like, but be careful not to eat too much at once, ok?"
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:42 am

Michelle nodded enthusiastically to Joey's comment.

"It's been a while since I've eaten like this," she confessed. "I usually do the cooking at home, so it's kind of nice to be served." She giggled slightly.

She stopped eating though, not wanting to fill up on appetizers before the main course came.
Back to top Go down
pjkio03
Dragon
Dragon
pjkio03

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:03 am

Aiko smiled brightly. "Okay, thank you." She said, before spooning a medium-sized amount of food onto her plate.
She took a bite, and after chewing thoroughly, commented.
"It's really good!" She said. "My compliments to the chef." She cocked her head to one side, smiling slightly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:41 am

"Heh, I know that pain. I spend a lot of my time dealing with irate customers who don't like me for no reason other than to hate someone, so getting to be on the other end of that deal is pretty nice for a change," Joey agreed with a laugh. "I don't understand why some people insist on being jerks. We waiters have tough lives." He chuckled again and shook his head. "But, ah well."
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Child
Child
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:16 pm

[The whole meal has been served, Sav-chan.]

Artemis shook his head. "It's my pleasure, miss." He replied to Aiko's compliment, before cleaning up and sitting back down with everyone else. "It does suck when you get customers like that, the kind that whine about every little thing, you know? Luckily, we're allowed to kick people out if they're disrupting others, which they usually do."

A family of four walked through the door, and Artemis turned, putting on a gentle smile before bowing with his hand across his heart. "Welcome! Please, have a seat anywhere you like." As the family sat down, one could easily tell they were new to the place. They were looking around with awe in their eyes at all of the beautiful paintings, one of which seemed to depict a man who was split in half. On one side of the painting was a gentle sun shining over the world, while the man carried in his right hand a longsword with a gold hilt. While he wore half a white robe, the other half of the man wore black. His skin was tanned, and his eyes and hair were black as night. In his hand was a Great Axe, the blade buried slightly in the ground. He seemed to emenate a strange, dark aura, and he had a wickedly dark smile even without showing his teeth. Below him stood a single skull, which he seemed about to crush with his left foot. His side of the painting seemed to be a dark world without any light.

Artemis came up to the small family, bowing lightly. "Welcome to Amaranth Harp. What would you like to drink?" When speaking to the small children, each of whom seemed about 5 years old, he knelt down to eye level. After taking their orders, he soon left to fix them up.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:48 am

(My bad)

Michelle nodded. She had come across a few unkind people, although usually not in her work.
"Some people just don't care," she said with a shrug. "They don't care about themselves, and they don't care about other people." She made a face, and then continued eating.

She looked out the window, surprised to see that the sun was almost completely set. It was getting later than she had thought. She didn't want to leave yet though, she was having fun with her new friends. Even though one of them was busy working at the moment. She smiled as he went to talk to the family that had walked in. He certainly had a way with people.

She turned to Joey.
"Today has been so fun," she said. "I hope we can do it again soon!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning to Love   Learning to Love - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning to Love
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next