The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Crossing the Vale OOC

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

Crossing the Vale OOC Empty
PostSubject: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 pm

As time has passed certain areas of the world stays unchanged.  The Vale of Jinni is one of those places.  People are said to disappear their, some say that they have seen things, things that will never leave them for the rest of their lives.  Others, they just don't want to talk about it, ever.  As ages pass though people forgot about the Vale, they forgot about the warnings, the stories, the truth behind it, and have created new names for places that had once been left alone.

People now days when they reach that same Vale, are usually left alone, people usually leave the vale alone.  Children who find the Vale come back and tell their parents fantastical journeys they have been on.  Their parents never believe them.   The children would tell fantastical stories of fairies and mermaids, of pirates and talking animals.  Stories that their parents would believe that they were just making up, just imaginary.  What if they were true though?  What if...by accident an adult were to step beyond the Veil and see for themselves the phantasmagoric world that is hidden by shadow and light.

A group of scientists accidentally fall into this vale while studying in a meadow.  Trying to find their way out of a land of fae will not be an easy one with every temptation turned against them.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities:
Equipment:
human or fae:
Background:
Other:
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Name: Elandiil
Appearance: Fair haired that hangs past his shoulders, fair skinned, lithe, 6' tall, blue green eyes
Personality:Nice, quiet, scholarly. He can get along with most people and animals.
Abilities: Magic, both elemental and arcane.
Equipment: Spellbook,, robes of the academy, a necklace that focuses magical potential
human or fae: Fae
Background:He's young for his kind, and from an even younger age showed great aptitude for magic and learning, his parents sent him to the Wizards Academy, where he excelled in manipulating the elements and the arcane. He took in all the knowledge he could. He loved to wander the forests and study plants and animals, even the more treacherous ones. This has gotten him into trouble a few times in the past.
Other: N/A?
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Indecisive_Gamers/index.php?act=idx
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 am

Name: Dr. Andrea Kirkland PhD.
Appearance: Blonde hair down to her mid back, violet eyes, fair skin that burns then gets whiter, she doesn’t tan to her misfortune. 5’7”.
Personality: Very studious she just got her doctorate and is working on a paper. She’s a mammalogist who is very dedicated to her work. She’s a nice person generally but loves to hunt, fish, and camp as well. Her job as a mammalogist is one of her passions that falls with things she loves to do.
Abilities: Can trap, tag, and record animals with the best of them! Has an affinity with some animals.
Equipment: Shewman and Tomahawk traps, video cameras, nets, her field notebook, field guide, and other basic mammalogy field work. A bowie knife, hunting knife, and a gun in case she needs it.
human or fae: Human
Background: She grew up in a hunting and fishing family and when she went to college and was able to do the mammalogy class she fell in love with it. From there she focused her studies on Mammalogy and Ornithology where she got her PhD in Biology focus on Mammalogy. She currently has a black Great Dane named Ace who she calls her baby and goes on trips with her. Her current trip is to study and tag different mammals and study the way they interact after hearing strange rumors of the animal interactions there.
Other:
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Name: Beatrice "Betty" Delrano
Appearance: long brunette hair, usually wearing a bandana over it. Large circular glasses cover amber eyes. A slight Tan from growing up in a warmer climate. Is always wearing overalls. 4' 2"
Personality: Bubbly, with a side order of quirky. Quiet, but can be assertive. Observant, but incredibly forgetful. May but horns with opposing personalities. Generally easy going.
Abilities: Meak but has a lot of energy. Excellent with first aid. Learning metalsmithing.
Human or Fae: Human
Equipment: Basic camping supplies, an extinctive first aid kid, a small journal, and a basic metalsmithing kit.
Background: Currently working as an intern for science. A considerably strange occupation given that she doesn't trust science at the best of times. Did it mostly to study animals, be outside, and possibly have fun. When asked about her past she waves it off, saying it is uninteresting and boring.
Other: Has bizarre dreams; constantly dreams she is a spider.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:55 pm

this is exciting we may actually be able to start something!
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:19 am

hooray! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:25 am

Yay
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm

First "Post" (sort of a back ground post but still a post none the less!) is up!
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:45 am

and it's begun
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Due to writer's block, i throw out the suggestion we skip my post turn this time.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm

sorry just got back into town (was out of it for a few days) I'll be posting soon
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm

just wanna double check before posting, ezekeil are you still out this round?

Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Yeah. You can go ahead and post this time and ill try to after you
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Hay guys if you don't hear from me in a spell it's because I'll be away from the internet.

So go ahead and skip me next round; I should be back after that, I'll be gone for maybe a week.

Till then toodaloo!
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:28 pm

I didn't think the doctor got hurt I thought you were trying to give the bandaid to the knocked out dog that's why I had her look at you like what the hell? haha
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:28 pm

oh it's nothing, I didn't make it clear enough myself!

And honestly with how mangled I've made Betty's personality it wouldn't have surprised me.  Very Happy 

ok, for realzy I'm outta here; see you guys in a week!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:00 pm

*waves* see you in a week
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 am

see you!!!
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi guys I'm back! Very Happy

Whoa, I take it there's some massive writes block going on! ....or maybe ya'lls been busy.

Anyways, I'm back. How are you guys?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Scholar
Scholar
Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Im fine, and yeah, sorry I havent posted
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm

it's cool, we all have our moments! ;P
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 pm

no worries school's back up I know the pain
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 am

speaking of school, continue to skip me this round as I have a massive paper to write and I won't have the time.
Back to top Go down
SweetDreamer215
Child
Child
SweetDreamer215

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:24 am

Hey I have exams all this next week so it may take me a while to reply (until thursday or friday of next week) so if you want to skip me go ahead
Back to top Go down
OddandOdd
Wanderer
Wanderer
OddandOdd

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:26 pm

I'll wait, I feel that this is the doctors decision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossing the Vale OOC   Crossing the Vale OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossing the Vale OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next