The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Random's Ramblings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

Random's Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Random's Ramblings   Random's Ramblings Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:40 pm

I have the urge to write a story to help myself get back into the swing of writing, so here we go! (Complete with slight sleep deprivation and possibly starvation!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finn looked outside the window to a beautiful day. The sun was shining, birds were singing, and everything seemed to be in perfect harmony with itself. It was the sort of day that just lets people let go of every little care in their hearts, the perfect day to sit back and soak up the peace.

Yes, it was truly a day where it seemed like nothing could go wrong. A perfect day to have a little fun, and a perfect day to practice. A perfect day to disrupt perfection.

With a huge grin on his face, Finn turned away from the window and walked out of the room through his house. To call it a house is more of an exaggeration really, as the very walls were decaying as he strode past them to the set of cellar doors in the middle of the main room. Yes this little shack was hardly a house, but it served his purposes just fine.

Throwing open the cellar doors with a slight bit more enthusiasm than he intended, Finn jumped back as the wood ripped off the hinges. First startled, then annoyed, Finn moved the wood aside while muttering something about getting a better lair. After all, this research is far too important for it to be ruined by a rotten door or two.

Satisfied that he had cleared the wreckage enough, Finn descended into a small cellar carved from stone to resemble a somewhat natural cavern and moved to a wall next to some shelves that were carved into the wall. Muttering a mnemonic to himself, Finn closed his eyes and gave himself a few moments for the effect to settle. When he opened his eyes he swayed, as he always did when first assailed by the sight of energy.

Quickly gathering himself, Finn used his temporarily augmented sight to view the wall before him. Before it had appeared merely a blank wall of grey stone, but now that he could see energy he could make out the outlines of a door as well as the countless runes and symbols drawn in energy moving across its surface. Searching quickly Finn found the code word he had last inscribed and pressed it, causing all the words on the door to glow and shift themselves. After a moment all the words had rearranged themselves on the wall to show a massive paragraph with the word "Open" In the center, lines running from it to various keywords in the door and eventually to the lines on the edges.

Edges glowing, the door moved backward and down to reveal a passageway that was light by green fire trapped in orbs that hung from the ceiling. It was always a proud moment when he viewed his laboratory before stepping inside, and Finn relished the moment as he took his few steps inside before the door closed behind him. It was only after he had arrived that he noticed that something was amiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's all I feel like doing at the moment! If people are interested I may continue this story, but until then I'll just continue adding random bits of writing here or add to this story whenever XD
Back to top Go down

Random's Ramblings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Free Writing-
Jump to: