The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Haiku Contest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Haiku Contest Empty
PostSubject: Haiku Contest   Haiku Contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:45 am

Hello all! This year for our back to school contest we will be focusing on poetry, specifically Haikus.

For those unfamiliar, Haikus are poems originating in Japan. They are three lines in length. These lines generally are structured with 5,7,5 syllables respectively. There are exceptions to the syllable rule, so don't sacrifice your poem to conform to it. A quick google search could provide examples.

School Haikus are fun
Your stress flows down the river
Enjoy this contest

The poem should have something to do with either the fall, or school. You can submit up to three poems for this contest and I will choose the winner at the end. As always, the winner will claim bragging rights and an optional custom made banner for their signature.

You will have until the 31st of August to submit your Haikus. I should have the winner up a day or two after that. I can't wait to read what you all come up with!

-----

Contact me if you are interested in judging future contests
Back to top Go down

Haiku Contest
Page 1 of 1