A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Share | 

Bird/Savvy discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Bird/Savvy discussion   Thu May 10, 2012 8:04 am

Alright, so when we first start a roleplay, there are a few things we want to consider first.

Some people prefer to lay out a character sheet, which explains the character's name, description, personality, things like that. Others prefer to build the characters up as they go.

So, character sheet or no?

After that, we can look at what genre of roleplay you'd have fun with: fantasy, school-based, romance, action, ect. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aMaskedBird
Hatchling
Hatchling

Location : The city of Sha'atri... the place where the birds can fly

PostSubject: Re: Bird/Savvy discussion   Thu May 10, 2012 8:38 pm

*puts a finger on my chin and looks up at the ceiling* I think I have some ideas for a couple characters. *scratches the back of my head and smiles nervously* But would I post a character sheet here or somewhere else? Also, is it possible to upload pictures on a post? I can draw sort of decently and it'd be better for me to have a solid picture of my characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bird/Savvy discussion   Thu May 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Character sheets can be posted in a roleplay OOC thread, like this one. There is also a separate place here that you can post them. Smile

As for pictures, there is a handy link at the top of the text box when you type a reply that allows you to upload an image. You may need to hover your mouse over them to see what they all do. The one you want will say "Host an image". The only thing I would say when doing that though, is watch the size of the image. You don't want to upload one that will take up a huge amount of space.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aMaskedBird
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Bird/Savvy discussion   Thu May 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Ahhh... Alright I get it now. Thank you very much for your help. *offers a candied apple to you* It's just so difficult to find the right place to upload the appropriate content Razz I'm just working on familiarizing myself here.

On another note, is there an easier way to know if someone replied to a topic you've looked at/replied? Right now I'm ransacking my brain to remember the forums I've posted on and now it's a hot mess in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

PostSubject: Re: Bird/Savvy discussion   Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

An easy(ish) way I keep doing is refresh the page and look for anything thats marked as "new posts" and check them all out. You never know +P you may learn about something new, or find something else your interested in.

Drinks counter:
ThePsy owes: 6
Ezekiel owes: -1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bird/Savvy discussion   Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Yepyep; that's probably the best way.

I have my preferences set to e-mail me if someone posts in a topic I've posted in, but that can be a little tedious if you post in several topics, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Let me know if you figure out what kind of roleplay you'd like to play around with. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aMaskedBird
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Bird/Savvy discussion   Thu May 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks for the tips ^^ *leaves a bag of cookies and skips off*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird/Savvy discussion