The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Empty
PostSubject: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:36 pm

:3 SO. I was linked here by a classmate of mine, aaaaandddd since this is the kind of thing I'm into anyway... I figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out. ;D

Well! Iiiii am obviously called Malathyne. Or if you don't feel like typing all that out every single time, Mala is perfectly fine. I've been writing ever since I was in third grade or so and I've been role-playing since sixth grade, so that puts me at about... seven years of RPing and nine of writing? Eesh. Weeell, my interest in this has pretty much stuck with me for my entire life and it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon, considering I'm planning on majoring in Creative Writing. Mmyup, I'm that much of a nerd. c:

... speaking of nerd, I've been on the fanfiction scene ever since I started writing, and THAT hasn't changed, either. Haha. My main fandoms right now are Final Fantasy X/-2 (yes, I know, dead fandom is dead), Kingdom Hearts, Doctor Who/Torchwood, and Pokémon. Mmmyup. Aaand, uhhh. As far as original stuff goes I've pretty much stuck with the fantasy genre for as long as anything. Mmhmm.

... and... uh... I think that pretty much covers it for now. Throw questions my way and I'll answer 'em. :3

(by the way I LOVE YOUR SMILIES)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:40 pm

FIRST OFF.

Pokemon. <3 (Only the first few seasons though. Back when it was AWESOME.)

Second off.

Welcome around! :3 I'm sure you'll find lots of other roleplay and writing nerds to hang out with, and I hope you have fun, and blah blah blah stereotypical welcoming committee stock phrases blah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:44 pm

lol, I haven't followed the anime... ever... Never was home when the show was on, never had cable. I'm pretty much strictly game-verse. c:
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Hey Mala! This is Savannah from class. I'm so glad to see you made it to the site okay! xD

Of course, make sure you read the rules before anything else.

I can't believe how much we have in common. I'd love to do a Kingdom Hearts rp or Dr. Who rp, and your welcome to join the Pokemon we already have going. I also love your thread title. The Hush Sound is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Ah. Games are good, too. Haven't gotten around to anything past Sapphire and Ruby, though . . . kinda afraid to.

But I digress.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:49 pm

You don't know what you're missing, Syl! I've played every single generation. xD
Back to top Go down
Psycho
Psycho

Location : Your Mind, Your Heart, Your Soul. Infecting You - Cell, By Cell.

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:58 am

Welcome, traveler.

Wait -- DID YOU SAY FANFIC!!?!?

Oh god... someone get me a cold flanel... I'm burning up.

Such a disgusting word...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 am

re: "disgusting word" -- fffffff not all fanfic is bad. Trust me, I'm part of the fanfic world and it scares the living daylights out of me, too, but if you find the right people and the right fics it's a wonderful world. c: But don't worry, I have plenty of original characters and an original world I play with, too. I just love fandom too much.

re: Pokemon -- Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald is awesome (granted, I've only played a hacked version of Emerald on an emulator... O, Moemon!), and I've recently been playing Platinum. It's not so scary, I promise! Well... Okay, once you get to the end of the (first?) plot with Team Galactic, it's pretty damn trippy ("I thought I was playing Pokemon, not Labyrinth!"), but otherwise it's a really good game. There's so much to do, and the game setup is slightly different -- You take down the Team Galactic leader before you're even allowed to get your eighth badge. I've got about 55 hours into that game and I haven't even gotten to the Elite Four yet, man. It's great. XD

re: Sav -- I feel dumb, lol. I was trying to figure out which one might be you and I never once made the connection of Savannah and Savfantasy. FFFFFFF *goes to her corner of fail*

Also, lol, I had a feeling we might run in the same circle of the Interwebs once I saw you doodling on the side of your notes. c: I've considered asking you if you had a DeviantArt, just as a way to strike up conversation, but thankfully we wound up talking anyway. XD I hate initiating conversation. >> << >>

Hush Sound is amazing. As are the Killers (lyrics in my sig). And Blue October. And Death Cab For Cutie. And Snow Patrol. And... *shot* But, uh. I purposefully chose that for my title 'cause it's my email sig. XD Figured you'd recognize that.

I have much, much, much more experience with the KH fandom than the DW. I'm very new to Doctor Who/Torchwood (my girlfriend introduced me to it only this past summer), and I haven't watched either series as much as I would like. I've only seen the Torchwood and New Who seasons once. :/ I'm not sure I'd be entirely comfortable working with those characters, because when it comes to "stolens"/fandom characters I want to watch or play or read or whatever the fandom over and over and over and over and sit there and analyze the characters so I really know them. And THEN I'll role-play or write them. XD

But I've been in the KH fandom as long as the games have been around (and KH1 came out in seventh grade for me), so I know that universe pretty damn well. c: I prefer taking the universe and running with it, as opposed to working with the characters of that series, though. ... But I love the Organization. I adore Luxord and Marluxia and Zexion and Vexen and and and and and and I love them all.

Also I'm shutting up now because this post is WAY TOO LONG. >> I'm considering making a post... somewhere... maybe in Interests or OOC somewhere -- anyway, I'm considering making a post talking about... I'unno, my RP habits and whatnot. Kind of like how on Gaia people make posts to advertise for one-on-one RPs and describe what they like/don't like/will do/won't do/etc. Good idea, bad idea, gtfo, stfu?

*stfus for srs this time*

... SMILIE. sunny

Last edited by Malathyne on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : I forgot the H at the end of Sav's name. >> *flee* AND I FORGOT TO FINISH ONE OF MY SENTENCES. FAIL. ... AND THEN MY SMILIE DIDN'T WORK.)
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:12 pm

lol. Don't worry about it, and feel free to make your posts as long as you want.
I myself was a little shaky on the Dr. Who rp, since I haven't watched every episode. I'm not even sure I know all the characters. xD

I usually prefer to make up my own story lines, so most of my rps aren't fanfic-ish at all. Since I love KH soooooo much though, that I'm willing to make an exception. I'd prefer to stick to original characters though. I find it very hard to keep true to the characters. lol.

I actually do have a deviantart, though I haven't uploaded anything in a loooong time. It's a-rose-in-the-dark.deviantart.com Very Happy
Don't judge me based on those drawings though. Like I said, they're old. lol.

Please, please, please do a Pokemon rp with me! I have one going, but it's a little slow. You could join that one, or we could start our own. In anticipation for Soul Silver and Heart Gold, I have gotten the urge -no, rather the need - to immerse myself as much into the Pokemon world as possible. XD

I haven't heard of the Killers, but if they are even half as good as the Hush sound, I need to look them up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:30 pm

The Killers aren't exactly the same genre of the Hush Sound -- whereas the Hush Sound are vaguely Beatles-esque (simple band sound), the Killers have more of a... ... idek. If you know the song Mr. Brightside, that's them. As well as the song that goes Somebody told me that you have a boyfriend that looks like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year...

... ... it's not confidential, you've got potential, rushing and rushing around~~ *cough* Sorry I like lyrics >>;

HGSS comes out in March c: YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT ALL THAT LONG! ohgodIwantitsomuchthough. Even though Yellow was my first Pokemon game, Crystal was the one I really fell in love with because I was old enough to actually remember it and such. XD And the fact that they follow you around like in Yellow it just it just it just AAAAAAAA DO WANT, DO WANT.

I looked at the first few posts of the Pokemon RP and I think I'd prefer to start anew. XD I don't know what I'd do with plot or which of my Pokemon characters I would use, but I'm sure I/we could figure something out. ... on two of the three other community forums I've been on, I kind of became known as the RP guru. xD I can crank out RP ideas pretty easily, I just need to get back into the groove of that. I haven't properly forum RP'd in years, but that's really how my writing style developed -- through RPs. XD

I have some KH RP ideas that I could recycle. XD Or I could adapt any of my old KH fics into RPs. I'd just need a bit of time and it'd be nice to know if anyone else would be interested, because KH RPs tend to work best when there's more than just two people playin' it. I'll be sure to mention it in my my my... ... whatchemcallit thread. ... Interests thread. *had a brain failure*

... o_O Where should I post my Interest thing? 'Cause I'll be flunctuating between Intermediate and Advanced, depending on my mood.

ETA: ... How strict are you guys on the whole length thing, anyway? I noticed that's how you judge intermediate vs advanced, but. I'unno, I personally judge it by quality, not length, but. What if the post requires a little less than required (say, three or four paragraphs in an Advanced RP)?
Back to top Go down
Seer
Founder
Founder
Seer

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:02 pm

O.O whoa! I missed out a lot! Welcome to the Path! I see you are a friend of Savvy's therefore, by the transitive property, you are mine. Read the rules, make friends, have fun. The usual bit. As for the actual fan fiction and such, I used to love Pokémon. I stopped watching it after they started changing the characters and voices. It lost its glamour.

KH - That is one of my favorite games to play! I would say I pretty much know the worlds, but I wouldn't be able to use the characters and keep their personalities. I don't think so anyway. I usually suck at that. I have to have my own characters or I can't get past the original plot.

Writing a lot is fine! This is a writing forum anyway XD. You can put up a thread in interest sections or the chat section. Totally up to you and that is a pretty good idea. Glad you like the emotions!

Wow my post seems so short compared to you guys XD. Well I am on the run. Just bobbing in and out checking up on everyone before I must once again immerse myself in the wonderful studies laid out before me. (Curses one teacher in particular mentally. Savvy knows who I am talking about lol.)

I believe Savvy actually told me about you... that you wanted to be a creative writing major and wanted to invite you. I am glad you decided to join and we are all a literature family here! I am actually taking Creative Writing and my twin is Majoring in it so you are in the same range XD. Hope everything goes well for you.

Now back to business: If you have any questions, complaints, comments, or just want to chat, we are all open. Just send us a pm or a shot out and we'll get to you! ^^ Welcome to the family!
Back to top Go down
https://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:16 pm

You have a twin? A Creative Writing twin? Badass.

Mrrr. Are you attending our same college? =o
Back to top Go down
Seer
Founder
Founder
Seer

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Yes I have a twin XD. No, I am not going to your college. My mistake in wording. Sadly my twin doesn't come on as much as I do since I hog the computer and his is still in the stupid pawn shop. I think he should just get a new computer. Of course, he doesn't listen to me lol.
Back to top Go down
https://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Isn't that the way of siblings? XD

mrrr, someone pick somewhere for me to start my post. D: Too many places to pick from. I'm highly indecisive.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Just go ahead and put it in intermediate. That way, you can type as much as you want, but you can have a little fall back room if you don't want to post the full five.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Awwighty. *bumbles off to spend a good half hour plus on constructing her post because she's OCD like that*

Edit: I CLAIM PAGE TWO FOR... ... YOUR FACE. idfk

ETA: Here's a heap of tl;dr. ... I hope I didn't break any rules or anything about double -- er, quadruple-posting. D: But I made sure to post it in Journals, where I figured it wasn't as bad to multi-post. ... I wanted to split up the posts because it just looked nicer than a giant post of unorganized tl;dr. It just looks better this way. ; ; plzdon'tsmiteme

... and, HAHA. I said "half an hour"? Well, I did say "plus" after that, but, man. After several hours of being distracted and only half-working on it... and then actually sitting down and focusing on it... I get this done at 3:20 in the morning. :| Oh man I haven't studied for my religion class's exam tomorrow. Uhhhh. D: I'll wake up early and do that. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~   Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Give your immortality to me, I'll set you up against the stars~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Introductions-
Jump to: