The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Insomniascape

Go down 

Do we:
use established characters.
Insomniascape I_vote_lcap0%Insomniascape I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
use a mixture of established characters where it would make the most impact.
Insomniascape I_vote_lcap50%Insomniascape I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
make new characters across the board.
Insomniascape I_vote_lcap0%Insomniascape I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
remind Tyro to make sure his brain breathes after writing this mess.
Insomniascape I_vote_lcap50%Insomniascape I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Insomniascape Empty
PostSubject: Insomniascape   Insomniascape Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I had an odd idea....

What if there was one place. A sort of land or a house or even a room that never seems to end somewhere. In the centre is just this bed. In the centre of this weird little place, is a bed. A hospital cot where creepers and climbing roses have grown over the IV drip and the mask and the covers and the restraints. It wraps itself around your wrists, craws underneath your skin and dips a thorn into your bloodstream. It lines your cheeks. It keeps your eyes shut. It locks with your hair. Across the cracked tiles in the punishing lights over head lead to various doors.

Beyond that is the psyche. Its a world that expands, warps and stretches itself into the form of your mind. A labyrinthine plane that could rush through any dimension possible. Here, the sub-conscious is king. Here, the ego is the prisoner while the id and the super ego will have a battle on the fields of glory like they have done since their creations. It's here that the world's core needs something to fill it, to draw the outlines. But it's not going to let up the life in the centre. Like a watch defending its own battery.

Your one of the unlucky sods that want the core of this world back...

There we go. Imagine 'Inception' crossed with 'Alice In Wonderland' (or, in a nutshell, 'Psychonauts' mixed with other things like 'Dear Ester', the 'Insomnia' GMod map and the Silent hill film). In my head, the concept would likely work if the unlucky bastards looking for the person at the core creating this world have a great deal of need to save him or her.

I'm happy to accept alternative set ups but, because my brain likes creating continuity between RP's, I feel like it should be Toivo in the centre. Then you could have Nickoi grouping people together to send in an expedition to take her back. Tyro would probably soldier straight in then have Nickoi employ anyone else that wanted to join up but I'm apprehensive about that. Not only because sending in Tyro is a default setting for me, but also because other people maybe alienated by the idea of a continuity. They would be welcome to have their characters join in but they might have bits they might have to read through an RP to understand. Also, this is all dependant on whether Rose Girl wants to...blah blah blah...The stream of panicky worrying carries on....

New characters mean a new challenge, however. We won't be in a comfort zone of a character we know but we can't show off the characters we know and have crafted over time to each other in a bit more depth. I dunno...chat with me about it. I'll do what we're meant to do and put up a poll. There is the concept, lets see if we can roll with it.
Back to top Go down

Insomniascape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: Role-Playing :: Intermediate :: Interest Check-
Jump to: