The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Savvy's Thoughts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Savvy's Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Savvy's Thoughts   Savvy's Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:27 am

My child,

If you are reading this then I have been captured. Perhaps I have already been killed. Stay strong, my song-bird. There are many things I long to tell you but my time here is short. I taught you years ago to fight against the Sunless Shadow, hoping one day that you would join your ancestors as a Bright Knight. Things have changed however, and I begin to wonder if we do not fight for the wrong side. Our king has been keeping dark secrets. This knowledge has changed everything. They Shadow is not what we once thought. The Immortal Light can no longer be trusted.
Song-bird, seek out the Drow, Elyris. He holds the key and my confidence. Trust no one that swears to the Light. This all must seem so strange to you, but keep on. I know that you can find the truth if anyone can. My thoughts will be with you for as long as I have thoughts to give.
Find me, my child, find the truth. Set our kingdom free from the Light that has blinded us for so long.

With all my love,
Nightingale
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Savvy's Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savvy's Thoughts   Savvy's Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Jayde laughed merrily, enjoying the company of her best friend. It felt like years since she had last seen him; they hadn't really had time to hang out since school had ended for the summer. She took another bite of her calzone, wiping off the excess sauce that dripped down her chin. It had only been a few months since they had seen each other, but Ian seemed to have matured a lot. He had gotten a job over the summer, which he had really gotten into. She was a bit jealous, actually. She had been searching for a job for several months to no avail. She blinked, realizing that she hadn't been paying proper attention to the conversation. Somehow he had started talking about her plans for college which at the moment didn't exist.

"How are you liking the bank?" she asked, trying to bring the conversation off of herself. Ian blinked at the sudden subject change, but shrugged and went with it. He was always good about that.

"It's good. I think I'm learning pretty quickly. They've been offering me more responsibility. I'm opening the drive-through on my own on Thursday."

Jayde nodded attentively. "So are you going to be staying there for a while, then?"

"Yeah, I think so. My manager is pretty flexible as far as my hours go, and it's an easy trip from the school." He smiled, seeming honestly happy. It was really nice to see him like this again; he had had too much time to think after his girlfriend left him. Aria had been his world for over a year and the sudden loss had hit him hard. Maybe this job was what he needed to get his mind off of it.

She still had no idea how or why Aria had left him. Ian was one of the best guys she had ever met. He was sweet, funny and sensitive all wrapped in one sexy package. Perhaps he was too nice. There was always a plethora of girls waiting to break his heart. It tore at her to see how hard he always took rejection.

"I'm glad you're liking it there. You and Ben still hanging out?" she asked, referring to a friend he had met at the bank.

Ian nodded, taking a sip from his soda. They were almost finished with their meal. She would need to think of something for them to do afterwards.

"He just got a new shooter actually. We were going to get together tonight, actually. You wanna come?"
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Savvy's Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savvy's Thoughts   Savvy's Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am

Alright, so now I have to write for ten minutes straight without stopping. I think the hardest part of this will be not to go back and change spelling mistakes. That is not the point of this thought, so I'll just have to let them go. The real problem is - I don't really know what to write about. I've never given myself a time limit with this before - can I really fill up ten full minutes of writing? We'll see.
As I write this I can't help but look around for my puppy. Is he getting into trouble? I'm sure he is; he always is getting into something. He could be chewing on my shoes, or bothering my grandma while she's ironing. It's impossible to tell with him. I suppose the most troubling thing is that I thought he was sleeping right next to me. I didn't even notice when he got up. . . that sneaky little stinker.
I took him for a walk just a little while ago, so he shouldn't mess in the house. . . I hope. I thought that the walk would tire him out, but I'm not sure that anything can do that.
The wind is blowing outside in such a way that it sounds like some sort of alarm or siren. It scared me for a moment. Shoot, now I don't know what to write about. I completely lost my train of thought. I can only focus now on the sound of the wind outside my window - it really is very distracting. WoooWoooWooo . . . can't it just die down already? I can hear my grandma, still ironing somewhere in the din behind me. I want to ask her if Rascal is with her, but then I would have to stop writing and that would defeat the purpose of this exercise.
There, the wind has stopped, or at least slowed. I can hear the neighbor dogs barking now. Do they hear the wind-siren as well? They're really sweet black labs, but they drive me nuts when they start barking late at night. You'd think that the neighbors would do something to quiet them, but they just let them bark, and bark, and bark. And at two o'clock in the morning!
I bought a sound-maker to try and drown them out, so now it sounds like it's raining every night in my bedroom. I had originally thought that it would keep me up as well, but it is incredibly soothing. It actually keeps me awake to not have it on.
I went to visit my dad a while back and forgot to take the rain-maker with me. I ended up turning on the radio to make noise. I couldn't have it on music though, because that was too difficult to drown out - I kept trying to pay attention to the songs. So I switched it to a station that the radio didn't receive and went to sleep listening to 'white noise'. It wasn't rain, but it was soothing enough for me.
I can't believe that ten minutes aren't up yet! How much more must I write before this silly timer goes off?
I hear Rascal's bell behind me - it sounds like he's in my grandparents' room. What's he doing in there? Chewing on my Pappaw's houseshoes, no doubt. He really loves those smelly old things for some reason. Is anyone watching him? Is he peeing on the floor? Probably.
I really am running out of things to write now. I think I type too fast for my own good. If I slowed down some, perhaps I would be done by this point. Ah. There's Rascal. He's running into the kitchen. Now he's sitting by the piano. What a cutie! Even when he's being bad, I can't help but go "Awwwww!" Little black and white shih-tzu. So. freakin. Cute. I can't even stand it sometimes. I don't even like Shih-tzus. Or, I didn't. Now they're cute, somehow. He's got this little under bite that is just adorable. It makes him look like he's pouting all the time.
Ah, finally, there's the alarm. Guess I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Savvy's Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savvy's Thoughts   Savvy's Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:32 pm

Borrowing a writing prompt from here.

Silvery flakes drifted down, glittering in the bright light of the harvest moon. The blackbird lit silently on the bare branch of the closest tree. The orange moon reflected in the dark pools of his eyes. His harsh caw echoed through the empty night. The sight made me shiver. There was a bad omen in that somewhere. I wrapped my scarf tighter around me against the October wind. I hated being out at night, but I had no choice. Marthal was most important right now. He had called a few minutes ago, his voice panicked. He swore that he had seen something outside the house. He was probably hiding under his bed, which was just fine. He needed the comfort of the dark sometimes -- the opposite of me.

I shuddered as I passed through a part of the park unlit by lamps. I waved my hand and created a ball of light to ease my fears. It made it a little better. I quickened my pace as a neared the house. My little brother was a bit of a worry wort, but his 'feelings' were usually accurate, which is why I was willing to cancel my night out. I would need to be careful in case there really was someone sneaking around the house. Finally, I saw the familiar shape in front of me. I slowed my steps and extinguished my light. I tried to blend into the night, silence my footsteps.

I made a slow circle around the house, wishing that I had Marthal's power of premonition. There was no one outside, but I did find fresh footsteps outside of one of the windows. Shaken, I entered the house.

"Marthal?" I called out. He came running to me in an instant, wrapping his small arms around my waist.

"It's alright, Little Man," I coo, trying my best to sound soothing. "Whoever was out there, they're gone now. I'll look into it more in the morning, okay? Everything is going to be okay."

Little did I know.
Back to top Go down
Savfantasy
Owner
Owner
Savfantasy

Savvy's Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savvy's Thoughts   Savvy's Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Some days I just want to sit back and watch the clouds.

I sit beneath a tall tree, the combination of the shade and a gentle breeze creating the perfect temperature. A smile plays on my lips as I look up at the sky. The sun hangs high in the brilliant blue blanket it calls home. Several puffs of white are scattered across the sky. I sigh and close my eyes, allowing the cool breeze to tug playfully at my hair and clothes. Today is the perfect day.

In the distance I can hear the geese and ducks playing in the cool water to my right. There is a group of babies huddling close to their mother, their voices mixing in a chorus of carefree delight. I find myself thinking how lucky they are. If the sun beats down on them too hard, they can simply dip themselves under the water and become instantly cool. I know that as soon as I leave my shady oasis I will be wishing for the same luxury.

Behind my a couple walks their four yorkshire terriers. They cross each others' leashes and bark at anything that moves. I smile. They're adorable, and so tiny. I cannot imagine owning so many yappy and high-energy dogs. I cannot imagine the chaos that it must be in their house when those four decide to play.

I take in a deep breath and look to my left. This park is beautiful from every angle. A large flower bed decorates the landscape, adding its own hue of allure to the gardens. I can hear the faint buzz of the honey bees that flit from flower to flower, collecting pollen and helping to ensure the next generation of esthetic perfection. Sluggishly, I look at my watch and sigh. It has gotten late, and I feel the need to head home. I stand up, and wonder if I'll be able to find my way back to my car in this labyrinth of walking paths. With a shrug, I tuck my hands in my pocket and begin walking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Savvy's Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savvy's Thoughts   Savvy's Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savvy's Thoughts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: The Abstract :: Free Writing-
Jump to: