The Path Less Traveled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious role-playing site that incorporates not only role-playing but poetry, literature discussions, creative writing, and art. Overall, a writing community.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Path Less Traveled!
As a random challenge lets try and use our chat box which can be found on the bottom of the main page. Try logging in if you think your going to be on for any length of time. Thanks. ~ThePsy~
A Thanks to all our sponsors, affiliations, and general peoples who acknowledge our existence! Be sure to check them out if you have time, and remember to play nice! ~Dr. Random~

Oh no, more ideas!

Go down 
+2
Tyro
Thepsycoman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:36 am

Thats right, RUN, I've got some more ideas.

Well, firstly (Because it is the only one I can remember at the moment.). I think that it might be an idea to change the One-on-one section into a Private section instead. So instead of only allowing two people have it as a set group who don't want other people.

Reasons.

Group rps die a lot here.
Our group rp section is made to be so anyone may be accepted for a roleplay.
This would be a closed group, and so might have more people writing together without it dyeing because of the one person who is not really involved that much.

Please discuss.

Second:
I have been thinking of making a point system up. So you gain points for making posts and things, and then you need to use those points to buy things in the main rp. This can also be used to buy parts of the Tavern from the owners.

I'm not exactly sure on this.... Anyone have any opinions?

Lastly... Does anyone live anywhere near Drrandom, because if you do can you kick his ass... If he asks why you did it just say because I asked you to.

Oh and if I need to reply to anything at all (Games, rps, journals, whatever. Just send me a PM, I'm a little behind.)
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Is there a way of programming points into the site or will it have to be done based on the number of posts?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Neeeehhhh not too crazy on the points idea.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Okay, this is how the points would work (As far as I could tell.)

Here is a screenshot of the point options for you.
Oh no, more ideas! Sg_tif10

I think it only works on posts or messages after it is turned on and so would not give Syl over 2500 points or whatever.
I can choose how many points for each part of the site you post in. Group roleplays would have the most.
I have the ability to make it so you also get a point a day (I don't like this one personally.)
I would make it so you got a point per friend added, and a point per pm.

I think it would be good as it gives people something to do, and in a way they have a goal in posting rather then just the impossible very hard goal of trying to get more posts then Syl.
I can also gift points to comp winners, or other people who stuff for the site.

I would not put this system up without a test period.
Back to top Go down
Rosegurl1
Scholar
Scholar
Rosegurl1

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:31 pm

I am not a big fan of the points thingys.

The first idea is a good one, it is true that most of them died too early. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Tyro
Critic
Critic
Tyro

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:50 am

Worth a shot, I think. Lets test it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Common Nonsense

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:57 am

I don't like the points just because it feels too . . . competitive? Serious? It's hard to explain, but as I see it, this site's pretty casual, and I guess when I suggested the ideas for the Guild, I wasn't ever thinking anything as serious as the area is now. :/

Not that it's all about me, of course, just explaining myself.
Back to top Go down
Thepsycoman
Admin
Admin
Thepsycoman

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Well as always with my ideas it will be made into a poll and voted upon before I do anything.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf
Night Elf

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Agree with Syl on the points.
Back to top Go down
Drrandom255
Admin
Admin
Drrandom255

Location : In a pool of Insanity . . . I'm sure we all know where that is don't we Little Timmy?

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 pm

I'll go kick meself in the face now for not informing everyone about stuff earlier DX please PM me if i still have to respond to anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh no, more ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh no, more ideas!   Oh no, more ideas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh no, more ideas!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path Less Traveled :: In the News :: Newsletter-
Jump to: